Low Poly People. Full Tutorial in 4 parts.

1235»

Comments

• zaintczaintc Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

zaintc said:
    I think there's more that's missing as well.
    GoFigure's YouTube Library is packed with excellent reasons to get the full version. I'm not trying to sell it... but saving keyframes to aniBlock, and saving new aniBlocks in general already makes it worth the price. But check out what else it can do! It's been a while since I've used it - since when I do use it, I'll work in it for the whole day, and often for several days, making all sorts of aniBlocks. Then I'm done using it for a while.

I have been playing with animate 2 and like that you can merge, separate, splice, etc
    So you can do those things in the free lite that comes with DS? That's cool.
    Uhm no you cant, I am using the full version (Animate2) I upgraded
    edited December 1969
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited December 1969

Yes. Go to ShareCG and search: "fabaone"
    She is an expert with ERC, well... she helped Fenric in its development, too, which explains why the thing is so powerful.
    In Phil's Advanced Training video, he demonstrates how to use it to control all of the ailerons on the plane simply by adjusting one. The other three and all of the control cables follow along. It's all done with that, wonderful tool.

fabeone's page at ShareCG is filled with free tutorials on how to do things with it. She demonstrates how to use it for natural lizard tail movements, makes a remote animation controller for a character's hand, applying special effects to a weapon swipe, and more. I downloaded them all and printed them out and made a book of them, plus a bunch of cool tutorials I've got from 3dage and others.

edited December 1969

She is an expert with ERC, well... she helped Fenric in its development, too, which explains why the thing is so powerful.
    In Phil's Advanced Training video, he demonstrates how to use it to control all of the ailerons on the plane simply by adjusting one. The other three and all of the control cables follow along. It's all done with that, wonderful tool.

fabeone's page at ShareCG is filled with free tutorials on how to do things with it. She demonstrates how to use it for natural lizard tail movements, makes a remote animation controller for a character's hand, applying special effects to a weapon swipe, and more. I downloaded them all and printed them out and made a book of them, plus a bunch of cool tutorials I've got from 3dage and others.

Ok tyvm
    edited December 1969

I am trying to find tutorials (video, if possible) on how to create power/laser beam and power shields. I was able to do this in iclone, some with particles but mostly with a plugin (3rd party for iclone)

edited December 1969

Where is "Phil’s Advanced Training video"

edited December 1969
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited December 1969

zaintc said:

Where is "Phil’s Advanced Training video"in the Infinite Skills Store, here at DAZ 3D.

advanced-carrara-techniques-large.jpg
    240 x 312 - 33K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

you could do both in Carrara - if that's what you want to know

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Quick one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQKjuACaqU&list=UUSDQPl5q0QoWh0fIj9dXMpg&feature=share

edited December 1969

bigh said:

I posted those last links, I thought tey were very nice. I am done (for now) with questions, I need to start working in carrara
    edited December 1969

zaintc said:

Where is "Phil’s Advanced Training video"

in the Infinite Skills Store, here at DAZ 3D.
    I currently have this to get me thru for the moment: VTC Carrara 7 Pro Tutorials videos
    I will pick that one up as I get more in to Carrara, thank you all again
    edited December 1969

Can you tell me if this is just a staff or a staff with beams?

edited December 1969

zaintc said:

learn to use Carrara first - you are putting the cart in front of horse

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    zaintc said:

I mufti task, if you know thI multi task, if you know the answer to my question please answere answer to my question

edited December 1969

zaintc said:
    bigh said:
    zaintc said:

I mufti task, if you know thI multi task, if you know the answer to my question please answere answer to my question
    The answer to that question is yes, power beam

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Hi.

** 2020 onwards update ** - As I am no longer on Youtube, the links have been fixed to point to LBRY.TV where my tutorials live on!  (see the first post).

I will update the other series as and when they appear on LBRY.TV - Hope it's useful for you - still using these techniques in 2020 over here. :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Good to know you are still producing stuff - Seasons greetings!

@PhilW Thanks Phil, yes I plan to finish my animated series this time. Just checked out your store - animated seas for Carrara looks particulary good. 

edited December 2020

Sci Fi Funk on Youtube said:

@PhilW Thanks Phil, yes I plan to finish my animated series this time. Just checked out your store - animated seas for Carrara looks particulary good. 

Sadly the Carrara seas product is not animated.  If you want an animated sea, I can recommend the product by The Philosopher

iREAL Animated Ocean Water System | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

It is not made for Carrara but with a bit of tweaking I got it to work - it's quite a while ago now so I'm not quite sure what I did, but if you need help let me know and I might be able to dig something out.

Here's an example:
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Fluidos for Carrara (free plugin) might be another solution if you are animating in Carrara.  There is a Daz Studio version (not free).  Carrara Cafe info and link to plugin.

https://carraracafe.com/fluidos-ii-plug-in-by-alberto-is-out/
    https://sharecg.com/v/94992/browse/9/Plug-in/FLUIDOS-II

Greetings PhilW.  Hope you are well.  You are doing a great job with the Studio hair system.  yes

edited December 2020

@PhilW @Diomede Thanks very much for the advice. I will need animated seas (actually it's a large lake and river) in a future script, so I'll bear these ideas in mind. Cheers.

p.s. That Ireal sea looks amazing!
    Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Diomede said:

Fluidos for Carrara (free plugin) might be another solution if you are animating in Carrara.  There is a Daz Studio version (not free).  Carrara Cafe info and link to plugin.

https://carraracafe.com/fluidos-ii-plug-in-by-alberto-is-out/
    https://sharecg.com/v/94992/browse/9/Plug-in/FLUIDOS-II

Greetings PhilW.  Hope you are well.  You are doing a great job with the Studio hair system.  yes

I hope you are doing well too - and thanks for the kind words.  All my Daz Studio hairs start their lives in Carrara - it is my secret weapon!

• I wish we had a way to convert polylines to Carrara hair enlightened

Blender makes wonderful particle hair from transmapped hairs with a new python script but it imports as polylines not mesh, you only can see it in the vertex room, it takes hours to convert to curves and extrude mesh then its very heavy.

Sci Fi Funk on Youtube said:

@PhilW @Diomede Thanks very much for the advice. I will need animated seas (actually it's a large lake and river) in a future script, so I'll bear these ideas in mind. Cheers.

p.s. That Ireal sea looks amazing!

Yes, he has really captured the movement of the water in a way which is quite rare to see. You may be interested in this old thread:

iREAL Animated Ocean Water System in Carrara - Daz 3D Forums 

@philW Thanks for the share. When it comes to that moment I shall get involved with this product. That's another problem solved!