R.I.P. Ralf Sesseler AKA Dimension 3D

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
edited June 2017 in The Commons

I was over at Hivewire and someone posted that he had passed on! 

I followed that up with a search on Facebook to find the thread.  Found it, asked about it and Antonio had received a note from Ralf's brother that he had passed on....

My deepest condolences to his family, friends and extended family!  crying

Richard

Post edited by RAMWolff on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

I saw a couple posts on Facebook too but no information, while I personally do not know anything about him, was very upset to learn this as his products play a huge part in my workflow.

First Draagonstorm now D3D, we come to rely on such people to add functionality to our software and there is a huge gap left when they leave this life, short as it is,

I too offer his family my sympathybroken heart he will be sorely missed.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Oh no, I hope it's not so! Such a loss if it is.  Until it's confirmed I'll hold out hope that it's just a misunderstanding and he's doing well.  

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

Ooohh - A gap that would be!

I hope it is mistaken, but if not, would also offer thanks for his presence in our domain here, and condolences to all who know and will miss him most.

--ms

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

I went to Facebook and asked Antonio where he had received the info and it was revealed that Ralf's brother contacted him to let him know.  So it is true.

R.I.P. and thanks for all the great scripts and plugins.  You will be missed sir.  crying

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728

It is always sad to see a community member has passed on. My sympathies to his family and friends.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    edited June 2017

Very sad to hear this, with the Generation X series Dimension 3D produced one of the most useful plugins ever written for Daz Studio.

My sympathies to his family, I hope he did not suffer at the end.

Post edited by Havos on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Isn't that the fellow with the Bavaria Lady Liberty avatar or similar that posts here? I am sorry to hear. I hope he didn't suffer. My condolences to all that knew him.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

R.I.P. A great loss indeed. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2017

Isn't that the fellow with the Bavaria Lady Liberty avatar or similar that posts here? I am sorry to hear. I hope he didn't suffer. My condolences to all that knew him.

No   he is the PA that released GenX and also several useful little Apps like Preset Cleaner for DS

Also some free stuff.   I always use his UV Viewer and have recommended it to may others. 

I was so sorry to hear of his passing

Post edited by Chohole on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    Chohole said:

No   he is the PA that released GenX and also several useful little Apps like Preset Cleaner for DS

Also some free stuff.   I always use his UV Viewer and have recommended it to may others. 

I was so sorry to hear of his passing

Oh, thanks. Sorry to hear.

• dikatindikatin Posts: 33

His stuff always made me giggle like an idiot, because it was so incredibly useful. It might not mean much in the grand scheme of things, but my most honest condolences. Shit like this sucks.

• So sad to hear about his passing.  His GenX is a big part of the reason I transitioned to Studio.  Being able to transfer my beloved V4 serial characters to Genesis 2 at the time was tremendously important to me.  And it still is.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

OMG!!! So sad!!Prayers and condolences to his loved ones

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Morana said:

So sad to hear about his passing.  His GenX is a big part of the reason I transitioned to Studio.  Being able to transfer my beloved V4 serial characters to Genesis 2 at the time was tremendously important to me.  And it still is.

Agreed! can't imagine doing this without GenX. The future looks very bleak now.

R.I.P. and thank you for adding to the enjoyment of this hobby, you will be missed!

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222

Aww,,,what a loss. Ralph was brilliant and personal in supporting his customers.  Hearts felt sympathy to his family and friends.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Very sorry to hear this. Like many other newer members, I only knew him from his work, which was excellent. A huge loss for sure. Prayers to his friends and loved ones.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969

Oh no! So sorry to here this, such a loss. My deepest sympathies go out to his family. He was truly gifted and has taken his time to personally help me. He will truly be missed.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Another oen bites the dust - condolences to al who knew him.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015

It is a sad day when something like this happens, and it can be especially hard on the family.. He will be remembered as a truly gifted person and my condolences go out to his family..

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I only know his work, through the GenX products. I'm saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family.

• msam921msam921 Posts: 141
    edited June 2017

We've lost a brilliant PA. What sad news.

Post edited by msam921 on
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

Sorry to hear about this. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

The first thing I thought of was, "What a helpful person." ALWAYS tried to make time to answer questions and tried to help in any way possible. Very, very sad. GenX makes a huge difference in the functionality across generations, and it was sheer genius to provide such a useful utility for the masses. His kindness, talent, and patience will be extremely missed. Hugs and prayers for his family and friends.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,606

Yes, I also liked his products and freebies. I did not know him personally but I offer my condolances to his family.

• ServantServant Posts: 758

I am saddened as his Gen X products are what gave the already incalculable variations to Genesis characters even more life and options. Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones that suffer the loss the most sad

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261

So very sad to hear of this great loss to all of us who have enjoyed his brilliant creations.  He was such a gifted and helpful person here, time and again he put so much effort into helping anyone who had questions about his products.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. -Cathy

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,937

...   I was not expecting this horribly sad news  He was an incredible talent and artist, and not only was he an incredible storehous of knowledge, but during the few personal inteactions I had with him, it was impossible to miss how much he loved this hobby.   This really has been a terrible year for the DAZ community, as his utilities, especially GenX/GenX2, completely changed how so many of us work with Studio and Poser and the thought that there'll be no more is just...  well, words fail me.  My deepest condolences to his friends and family, and I sincely hope they or DAZ will find someone to carry on his legacy.     

• GatorGator Posts: 1,294
    L'Adair said:

I only know his work, through the GenX products. I'm saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family.

Same here, I only know him through his products from Poser and Daz.  He was a great help with them too, seemed like a good guy that stood behind his stuff.  Wish his family well.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128

Also only know him through his products, but they get used every week.  Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Hope there can eventually be comfort in knowing that his work lives on in so many renders by so many people.  RIP. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

My condolences to the family as well, I am so sad!