R.I.P. Ralf Sesseler AKA Dimension 3D

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

I really hate to hear things like this. Was so sorry to hear that he had passed on. He made DS and Poser so much more useful with his wonderful scripts. Hopefully he finds rest and my prayers to his family and friends.

Laurie

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821

كُلُّ نَفْسٍ ذَائِقَةُ الْمَوْتِ

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited June 2017

My condolences to his family and friends. I can't say I knew him.  His "Runtime Repair" has been invaluable in trying to rebuild my runtimes after the technological meltdown that wiped out my Poser runtimes in January. Runtime Repair is pure genius.  And, Morphing Clothes gave me ways to dress my beloved morphed misfits, because I could add morphs to Poser clothes (pre-Poser Pro 2014).  I have a few of his other add-ons that I haven't gotten aquainted with yet, such as Poser File Editor.  A sad passing for the community, indeed, to lose such talent. 

Post edited by tiggersprings on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,395

My condolences to the family also

I found his products to be of great use

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048

I didn't really know him, my being a newbie around here, and while I have a couple of his products I haven't really messed with them much as of yet (so much else to learn).

Nonetheless, my condolances to his family, friends, and loved ones, as well as those that knew him here.  He lives on in our collective memories, and like many others he will be missed.  He lives on through his hard work as well, which I'm sure will continue to be appreciated in the coming years.

May fond memories of Ralf continue to bring smiles to the faces of those who had the privilege of knowing him.

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Very sad news. My condolences to his family.

He was very helpful and made really great products.

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Oh no! This is so very sad...my sincere condolences to family and friends.  
    We've lost so many great artists who have led the way in creating amazing products. .  Vale and thank you Ralf.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

I was so sorry to hear this news - he produced some of my most-used and favourite products. My Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    ...a sad loss in the community. I have both his GenX plugins and all the legacy shapes. He was extremely helpful when you ran into a snag or didn't understand how something worked. (raises a pint in memory)
  • That's really sad.  He did some wonderful work, I can't think of much I have used more then GenX.  He will be sorely missed.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I'm very saddened to hear about this.  I have found his scripts to be a valuable part of my workflow, especially GenX.  My condolences to his family.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,127

Oh no!   This is sad news!

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 387

Very, very sad news. He was always very helpful and friendly with the few corrospondences I had with him. His work was always fantastic. He shall be greatly missed. My condolences to his friends and family...

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    edited June 2017

I really hate this, as not only is his work (Along with Zevo's) the default of which my entire library of G1-G3 relies upon, but his guidance and contributions for this community has been much needed for the success of DAZ's Genesis characters along with augmenting DAZ Studio, He was instumental in solidifying gen 4-gen 7 characters, their clothing, and functuallity with their morphs!

He is fortunate to have been loved enough by his family, friends and peers to be forever remembered as a vital part of people's lives both from his personal and to this community! 

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • marcoiomarcoio Posts: 45

R.I.P. Prayers and condolences to his family

• MardookMardook Posts: 292

I offer my sincere condolences to his family, thank you for your wonderful contributions to this wonderful hobby of ours. :)

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Big loss :(

Sorry to hear it. Was a really nice dude as far as I can tell from forum postings.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

My condolences to his family and friends. His products/scripts are very useful for the DAZ/Poser community. 

• MakuraeMakurae Posts: 0

I am very sorry to hear it.  His works is amazing. My condolences to his family. 

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited June 2017

I'm just NOW hearing that Dimension3D, the guy behind the Genesis Generations X plugin for Daz Studio 4 has passed away this month. Yeah, Genesis 8 is out and such, but hearing this just ruins it for me...

What happened?

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Threads merged

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited June 2017
    My condolences to the family. He was innovative, obviously intelligent and talented and had a knack for knowing what was needed. Both myself and I am sure the whole community will sorely miss him and his innovations.
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614

This is such sad news to hear.

Condolences to his family.

He was a nice man and I spoke to him  a number of times.

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464

A very bright star in the sky now.  RIP Mr. Sesseler.

• LyoneLyone Posts: 139

My condolences to his family.

I'm so sad. His products were unique.

• AreynaAreyna Posts: 24

I'm in shock. I chatted with Ralf back inJanuary, and I can't believe he's gone. He wasn't only very smart, but he was super nice. He encouraged me a lot. And I know his family and all those who knew him will miss him trmendously. My prayers and condolences go out to you.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644

There is a very nice tribute over at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/remembering-ral-sesseler-dimension3d--cms-19272

My sincerest condolences to his family. He will be greatly missed in the CG community.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

So sorry to hear this! I have almost all his products. A huge loss to the community! 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

Oh, I also only knew him through his wonderful products. Condolences to his loved ones. :(

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I use his GenX2 products a lot. It's so sad that he's gone. Such a talented person! I wish the best for his family and hope they find comfort and peace in the good memories of him.