Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Yeah, Novica, some vendors & products apparently are going AWOL :)      I had bought "Petal Phalaenopsis Orchids" last month and a week or two later went looking for the product page and it was nowhere to be found, still isn't, and the product page link is missing now from the item when I look at it in my product library.   I'm sooo glad I did finally remember to buy that product before it vanished-- the flowers look wonderful, and look very accurately like the actual plant/flowers I have blooming now in my kitchen.  You would think that the annual sale --which gives exposure to the smaller vendors with fewer products by featuring them in MFG to be browsed by shoppers--- would have brought some life to those. "What do we covet?" "We covet what we see." (silence of the lambs)    After big sales like this, the galleries begin to fill up with images using all the loot people got on sale.... then, people see random things they didn't know existed which hadn't been surfaced before, and they go buy them.    Granted some of the older and/or off-brand stuff isn't the most fabulous, but there are definitely some very nice things like these orchids, which I'm sad that people won't be able to buy now....   

~Gen           

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

I just hope when I hear someone say "I'll get it later" that it's not something they really want. 

BTW, here's a post I wrote on a feature I'd like to see in the blue man dropdown menu (up at the top, corner right. Where Wishlist, Orders, etc is.)  When people ask about a product and don't link it, how many times have you had to find it using either search or product library? I'd love to have product library listed in the dropdown, rather than using search. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

I just hope when I hear someone say "I'll get it later" that it's not something they really want. 

BTW, here's a post I wrote on a feature I'd like to see in the blue man dropdown menu (up at the top, corner right. Where Wishlist, Orders, etc is.)  When people ask about a product and don't link it, how many times have you had to find it using either search or product library? I'd love to have product library listed in the dropdown, rather than using search. 

I just have a pinned tab that's always open to my product library, I use it so often. I also click on it whenever I want to go to an area of my account: Click on the Product Library tab, and then use the icons to open to a new window. Bery convenient, especially when I want to post in my gallery.

I mentioned this before, and I don't think I got an answer. If you have time, check your product library and see if you got the Michael 1 Millennium Man. It even links to an order, and I didn't order him (and I think he's waaaaaay past being available.) Quite funny to be given a Michael 1, but rather funky. I didn't order him and he is not in that order. Of course, he has no clothes or hair, and I don't know if those are available either lol. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,771
    Novica said:

I mentioned this before, and I don't think I got an answer. If you have time, check your product library and see if you got the Michael 1 Millennium Man. It even links to an order, and I didn't order him (and I think he's waaaaaay past being available.) Quite funny to be given a Michael 1, but rather funky. I didn't order him and he is not in that order. Of course, he has no clothes or hair, and I don't know if those are available either lol. 

I don't appear to have Michael 1, but I do have Michael 2 (as part of the 2006-2007 Platinum Club Bonus Pack). I even rendered him a few times.

I think M1 can wear M2's stuff and vice verse, should you want to investigate...

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

2 and 3 (well, and all others minus 8), but no 1.

edited October 2017

Well how weird to have it deposited into my account!  At Daz Headquarters, they're bored.  "Oh look, we have an extra Michael 1 Millennium Man over here. He looks lonely. Let's shuffle him off to Florida."  Employee #2  "Yeah, he needs a tan too." 

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830

I have Victoria 1 but not Michael 1. Maybe she can meet your Michael in Florida.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I don’t think I have Michael.... funny maybe you made someone’s day and they decided to reward you

I don’t think I have Michael.... funny maybe you made someone’s day and they decided to reward you

@serenenight  The least they could have done was send along a pair of swimtrunks and suntan lotion! (and hair.) And the promo is SO funny- he's naked. Sitting there and posed so nothing shows, but heavens, what a difference in promo art quality and posing.

@rgcincy  Sounds like a hot date. Have her wait until hurricane season is over though. (Supposed to get active again in the next 10 days, with 3 more hurricanes anticipated for the season. Wish we could send the rain to California! Thinking about everyone out there.) 

edited October 2017

Oops, he does have hair. Just HAD to share this. (If I have to have this image stuck in my mind, so do YOU. I know I just made your day. Not.) Imagine going through your product library and BAMM, the naked man comes up. I had to laugh, I literally said "WHOA! Who are you?" outloud.

@rgcincy  It's not too late for your Vicky to change her mind! (Looks like he's pining away for her.) 
    Edit- wait a minute, he doesn't even come with materials? Isn't that what they mean by texture maps? What do I have then,  mesh?

michael1.png
    500 x 303 - 93K
    Post edited by Novica on

@serenenight  I just had a thought. If they want to "gift" me with something, maybe I can trade him in for that Bijou character. (For those who don't know, it's the one they have in the store that they give away for birthdays- very random.) 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited October 2017

My Vicki is already dressed for Florida!

Victoria 1.jpg
    327 x 488 - 26K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 830
    edited October 2017

I recently bought the  Legends outfit for Genesis 3 Male

I decided to use Genesis 3 cross figure resource kit to make it fit Victoria 7.

I think she looks really good in it.

FemaleElvis.jpg
    800 x 800 - 73K
    Post edited by sueya on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    Novica said:

@serenenight  I just had a thought. If they want to "gift" me with something, maybe I can trade him in for that Bijou character. (For those who don't know, it's the one they have in the store that they give away for birthdays- very random.) 

yeah, I do think that's true. Bijou was the gift character du jour for a while there. Maybe Michael 1 is for the person who has everything (nearly).  Or maybe it is a subtle hint to showcase Michael 1 and bring on more sales =-))

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited October 2017
    Novica said:

Oops, he does have hair. Just HAD to share this. (If I have to have this image stuck in my mind, so do YOU. I know I just made your day. Not.) Imagine going through your product library and BAMM, the naked man comes up. I had to laugh, I literally said "WHOA! Who are you?" outloud.

@rgcincy  It's not too late for your Vicky to change her mind! (Looks like he's pining away for her.) 
    Edit- wait a minute, he doesn't even come with materials? Isn't that what they mean by texture maps? What do I have then,  mesh?

If you click on that order link (the one you have removed) is there anything else in the order that might give you a clue? Was it a recent order date or not?

ETA: I checked my Product Library and he's the one Michael I don't have.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    Novica said:

The earliest Michael on my computer is M3, (along with V3.) He hides out under "People" in Smart Content, (rather than under Figures,) along with a few other old, old figures. He's been there since I first installed Daz Studio, which was version 4.7, about 3 years ago. As there are people coming into this hobby now and not getting V4 and M4 as part of the Studio Pro bundle, I'm guessing the earliest version of Michael you have is directly related to how long ago, and which version, you originally downloaded and installed on your computer.

That, or a little gremlin decided to give you a mystery you'd never be able to solve... But I'm going with the first theory.
    wink

edited October 2017

Well, the order is October 1st and it was things like the Cabin in the Woods, Jeweled Excellence Rings, the Pines Beach Ultra HDRI, Trail Running Shoes, DE Alice, M1A2 Abrams Tank (no, no Michael 1 included) and the rest are newer releases. This is just funny that a specific order had him in it, but he isn't in it. My first studio version (Sept 2012) was what, version 4.5? That's the earliest I remember. Could be an earlier one. I don't ever remember seeing anything other than Michael 4 in my Content Library in the Poser section. 

I'm getting that stupid Postgre SQL CMS connection can not be established and the studio is missing sections in the Content Library. Where do I find that to fix it? I already did the Edit>Preferences>CMS but not sure what I'm looking for. Also did Task Manager and looked under Daz, nothing like that showing. HATE when the studio goes funky!

This thread talks about it too.  As soon as I get done with all my open tabs, I'll restart the computer.  Smart Content - one post says to load it from there several times. I've found that and trying to load it. (Nope, still missing Categories in Content Library.)

Post edited by Novica on

So question, I found it in DIM, Richard said in that thread to only have one installed, I am showing the Postgre SQL CMS (64 bit)  but also that with the words "From Valentina CMS Conversion."  So two installed. What do you folks have? (and why is this suddenly being a pain in the hiney? ) 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920

That's what your suppose to have as far as I know

• quadchromaquadchroma Posts: 35
    edited October 2017
    sueya said:

Nice!   That does look good.

I picked up Imari in yesterday's sale.  She really is a gorgeous and distinctive figure.  I've been waiting for a decent sale on her.

Also, I stuck a Dragoceros that came as a freebie with some Debut item in there, because why not?

Outfit:  Morrigan Dress - I fiddled with the opacity on some parts of the dress, and I really like the result for showing off Imari's unique skin.

Hair: Taia Hair for G2F

imara-dragoceros_tamer-01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 561K
    imara-dragoceros_tamer-02.jpg
    890 x 1440 - 395K
    Post edited by quadchroma on
    edited October 2017
    frank0314 said:

That's what your suppose to have as far as I know

@frank0314   Here's what fixed it- Uninstalled both of those. What was weird was the PostGre SQL (not the Valentina one )kept reinstalling itself all on its own!  I did it twice (uninstalled via DIM) and then in DIM, it would install itself!  Anyway, the Valentina one I did NOT install. Restarted the computer, and voila! 

So I only have the Postgre SQL CMS (Win 64 bit) installed and it's working after restarting computer. Just in case anyone else gets stuck. If they have the Valentina one, have them uninstall both, reinstall only the PostGre SQL one, restart computer. Categories is back, everything is good! 

Post edited by Novica on

@sueya   I think she looks really good! 
    @quadchroma    Imari looks good and the dress brings out those materials. I think a busy dress pattern would compete with the skin so that was an excellent choice. 

With less than two hours to go until Daz Midnight and the beginning of the next sale, I decided to take a quick look at my wishlist. Guess what I found? The Nutcracker! I wishlisted it when it came out because I didn't need it in January (!?!) And I nearly didn't get it at 60% because I forgot all about it. In the cart it goes.

L'Adair said:

With less than two hours to go until Daz Midnight and the beginning of the next sale, I decided to take a quick look at my wishlist. Guess what I found? The Nutcracker! I wishlisted it when it came out because I didn't need it in January (!?!) And I nearly didn't get it at 60% because I forgot all about it. In the cart it goes.

@ladair  Did you get the Pose Blender? It was so weird, I had it in the cart and had forgotten about it. Idid the cart in the wee hours of the morning, then went to bed and checked out an hour ago. Then I saw your post and thought "Wait a minute!" It looks like fun. 

Novica said:
    L'Adair said:

@ladair  Did you get the Pose Blender? It was so weird, I had it in the cart and had forgotten about it. Idid the cart in the wee hours of the morning, then went to bed and checked out an hour ago. Then I saw your post and thought "Wait a minute!" It looks like fun. 

I'm still hemming and hawing... Took The Dragon Master Bundle out of the cart, and dropped it down to $25+ (with the Nutcracker.) Talked myself out of adding one of the Single Homes bundles from Dreamland... I bought a generous gift card at the 20% off and I'm trying to make it last through the end of the year! (But I do think I'm ready to checkout... before I can talk myself into anything else!)

I mentioned this in the sale thread, but will repeat it here. Be careful when using the Product Library for dates when checking for 30 day price guarantees. I just checked out an hour ago and it is showing tomorrow's date. (And it was nowhere near Daz midnight, which is actually an hour LATER than me.)  In Orders, it shows the correct date, but the Product Library will screw you up. The order and date is on the description page of the product. 

I finished writing up all the products I bought the last 30 days by vendor (and the date(s) of purchases by their names) so when they go on sale I can compare prices.

I was glad I did this because of all the vendors I don't normally recognize. So right off the bat, can you name products from these folks? I'm going to have to start paying attention to more of the names so at least they register to me.   Some were Arryn, DirtyFairy, Dega, Demian, Giko, Shadownet, Sharktooth, Torinata, Tofusan, Titan  Xi, 3dbooster. 

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    sueya said:

Nice!   That does look good.

I picked up Imari in yesterday's sale.  She really is a gorgeous and distinctive figure.  I've been waiting for a decent sale on her.

Also, I stuck a Dragoceros that came as a freebie with some Debut item in there, because why not?

Outfit:  Morrigan Dress - I fiddled with the opacity on some parts of the dress, and I really like the result for showing off Imari's unique skin.

Hair: Taia Hair for G2F

Heh. Check out Amillu by Deva3d at the other site. Similar skin, waaay different face and makeup. Looks great, G3F: https://cat-man-dancing.deviantart.com/art/How-Many-of-You-Must-I-Kill-695474425

Also looks good with short hair.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited October 2017

Shadownet has done a lot of stuff with Pixeluna (whose characters i love), so I recognized that name straight away. Demian is doing some very unusual and unique and good looking clothing for Gen3, if I remember correctly. They're the only two names I recognize.  Edit: oops I was thinking of Yura, who has partnered with Demian a couple of times. Some of Demian's stuff is in the pro bundles for the Gen8 characters (which I have to say, is great to see different clothing vendors in the pro bundles rather than the same ol' tired stuff). I quite like a few of Demian's stuff (except the stupid panty lines on the new skyjumper outfit which I would have bought except for that)

Novica said:

I was glad I did this because of all the vendors I don't normally recognize. So right off the bat, can you name products from these folks? I'm going to have to start paying attention to more of the names so at least they register to me.   Some were Arryn, DirtyFairy, Dega, Demian, Giko, Shadownet, Sharktooth, Torinata, Tofusan, Titan  Xi, 3dbooster. 

Post edited by jakiblue on
    edited October 2017

So the PC+ sale has started.   I have everything in Mega Pack One. Here's what I posted in the sale thread. This sale is rather subdued to me. Am I understanding this right?   Why would we buy the Newly PC+ items when it requires us to buy a New Debut, when every week we get those without having to buy anything else? Or are these different?

So far as New Debut, that is 46% with the 37% plus additional 15%. (And that's buying TWO.) 
    The artist catalogs are 46% (having to buy a New Debut) then 10% off that for PC Members, I tested one and that goes to 51%

So glad I bought during the PA sale, I got things at 60% and 75%. I didn't mind buying two releases to get the MFGrab for showcasing things.

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.