Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Milo for Lucas 8 has an eyelash materials error, it doesn't load. So in Scene select the eyelashes and go to the character materials folder (for me, Content Library) and there will be an eyelash option. Now for the second thing- he has lighter materials on the end of his nose. Look at all the promos. It's not the lighting, I tried three lightsets. Here's the one with the Pro-Studio lights (14R, which I use all the time.)

Also be sure and go back to my Lucas and Gunner posts, I added one Pro-Studio render to each one.

edited October 2017

@llynara   Your DMs Courtyard turned out very well. He does look a bit...perturbed. Probably because he found out @Jakiblue was already married. (You know I am going to give you grief about that whenever I get the chance...)  Read his lips. He's saying "Jaki....!!!!!!"

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2017

DE Alice for Genesis 8 Female          Iconic MFD Bundle 1 For Genesis 8 Female(s)      Karissa Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s) 

Let's hear it for a gal that actually has some meat on her bones! 

alice mfd 14r.png
    500 x 800 - 532K
    alice mfd 14r closeup.png
    500 x 800 - 716K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Novica said:

@llynara   Your DMs Courtyard turned out very well. He does look a bit...perturbed. Probably because he found out @Jakiblue was already married. (You know I am going to give you grief about that whenever I get the chance...)  Read his lips. He's saying "Jaki....!!!!!!"

LMAO! And here I thought he was mad because I forgot to dial in his male bulge! laugh

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    Novica said:
    Valandar said:

Just some old-timer info about the convos on the previous page about Michael 1:

If you own Michael 2, you also own Michael 1 - just turn off the "Michael 2" base morph. They took the same clothes, poses, materials, everything, because M2 was just an expansion.

@valandar  That' interesting! So I assume when M3 came out it was a different mesh and not just an expansion?

Basically, yes.

Michael 1 / Victoria 1 : The first.

Michael 2 / Victoria 2 : The first, with morphs

Michael 3 / Victoria 3 : New geo, new figures

Michael 4 / Victoria 4 : New geo, new figure, now with annoying magnets and boatloads of morph injections!

Etc etc etc

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Almost Halloween. The spooks and goblins are getting ready. I used VYK Raine for Genesis 8 Female because of the pale skin and I 

thought it would work great with the Tonal Rage settings with light green to give this image a nice look. I also think Project EYEray is just as good with all models so, I've started to use that a lot. 

So, Happy Halloween. Will be doing a lot of Halloween themes the next couple of weeks. Comments always welcome.

Description

Always liked the Wizard of Oz, so far this is my take. :-)

Made with...

Joseph Kravis

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    cismic said:

Almost Halloween. The spooks and goblins are getting ready. I used VYK Raine for Genesis 8 Female because of the pale skin and I 

thought it would work great with the Tonal Rage settings with light green to give this image a nice look. I also think Project EYEray is just as good with all models so, I've started to use that a lot. 

So, Happy Halloween. Will be doing a lot of Halloween themes the next couple of weeks. Comments always welcome.

Description

Made with...

Joseph Kravis

Hmmm I wonder what could happen if one used KindredArts new Lens FX with tonal rage?  Might have to try that if I have time tonight.

cismic said:

Description

Made with...

Joseph Kravis

Hmmm I wonder what could happen if one used KindredArts new Lens FX with tonal rage?  Might have to try that if I have time tonight.

@IceDragonArt I too have those KindredArts New Lens FX.  In all honesty. :-) I've used mostly the Utilities from the set. Which can be set manual but I like the icons when eyes are tired. And, I've used the set on this image to cast a cool red sunset glow. https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/449331.  ; I've made a copy of the set I used for this image and I'll completely use the KindredArts Lens FX and post back later. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    cismic said:

@IceDragonArt I too have those KindredArts New Lens FX.  In all honesty. :-) I've used mostly the Utilities from the set. Which can be set manual but I like the icons when eyes are tired. And, I've used the set on this image to cast a cool red sunset glow. https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/449331.  ; I've made a copy of the set I used for this image and I'll completely use the KindredArts Lens FX and post back later. 

@cismic, yes, its nice to have something you don't have to spend a lot of time on manually.  Its a great tool to add to the workflow.  That render is gorgeous.

cismic said:

@cismic, yes, its nice to have something you don't have to spend a lot of time on manually.  Its a great tool to add to the workflow.  That render is gorgeous.

@IceDragonArt Thank you! It's fun to experiment with lots of different things. 

• Valandar said:
    Novica said:
    Valandar said:

Just some old-timer info about the convos on the previous page about Michael 1:

If you own Michael 2, you also own Michael 1 - just turn off the "Michael 2" base morph. They took the same clothes, poses, materials, everything, because M2 was just an expansion.

@valandar  That' interesting! So I assume when M3 came out it was a different mesh and not just an expansion?

Basically, yes.

Michael 1 / Victoria 1 : The first.

Michael 2 / Victoria 2 : The first, with morphs

Michael 3 / Victoria 3 : New geo, new figures

Michael 4 / Victoria 4 : New geo, new figure, now with annoying magnets and boatloads of morph injections!

Etc etc etc

Only V4 had the magnets, M4 just used JCMs. Victoria/Michael 3 also used injections, but they had to be in the CR2 from the outset (which is why all the big morph expansions had to have their own CR2, and if we wanted to mix-and-match between sets we had to use Morph Manager or hack the files in a text editor).

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Bijou is now available for a reasonable price

https://www.daz3d.com/bijou-for-genesis-2-female-s

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    Novica said:

DE Alice for Genesis 8 Female          Iconic MFD Bundle 1 For Genesis 8 Female(s)      Karissa Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s) 

Let's hear it for a gal that actually has some meat on her bones! 

Definitely rubenesque. Very nice!

@cismic  Oooooh, nice for Halloween or any time of the year! A force to be reckoned with.

@serenenight   Yeah, I saw Bijou mentioned on the sale thread and went ahead and got her. Since her original price is now reasonable, I don't think it's a glitch that she's finally priced where she should be.

• Bijou is now available for a reasonable price

Why was she so godawful expensive for a while? She just looks like a typical Silver girl.

She was a prize given out to certain people. They made her expensive so no one would buy her.

So people wouldn't buy her. They gave her away, but it wasn't consistent. Supposedly for birthdays, but I never got one.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,191
    Novica said:

So people wouldn't buy her. They gave her away, but it wasn't consistent. Supposedly for birthdays, but I never got one.

Neither did I or anyone that I know, and I think she is more 3DSublimeProductions than Silver although they do work together quite a bit.

• Huh. That's weird.

And I have no idea who the character author is, I just think she looks like a Silver girl lol. Could be anyone.

edited October 2017

I receive her a few months ago. It wasn’t my birthday so not sure about that being the criteria...I am grateful for the gift.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Bijou is now available for a reasonable price

Why was she so godawful expensive for a while? She just looks like a typical Silver girl.

In one of the many threads that popped up over this, I read she was from Belladzines. The vendor changed "her" name here at Daz and now goes by Anna Benjamin. Whether or not she really is the vendor who created Bijou, though, I do not know for certain.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited October 2017

Belladzines is definitely still around as BD, I keep agonizing over whether to break down and pick up a character from her. In this thread the screenshot credits Artemis3D. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54869/bijou-for-genesis-2-female-price-error

She hasn't been around for a while I think, even her Rendo store is gone. EDIT: Unless you're saying she became Anna Benjamin, but their focus is way different.

EDIT EDIT EDIT (EDIT EDIT): Okay, I figured it out. Artemis3D became Belladzines. Interesting.

Post edited by agent unawares on

Strange. I wonder if the two worked together at some point. The only reason I know Anna Benjamin was Belladzines is because of items in her store that used to be sold under that name. Unless, maybe, she and Artemis3D worked together on a lot of stuff and had a parting of the ways...? But I do recall there being a Belladzines store here, and then one day, the store name changed, but the products were the same.

• There is a Belladzines store here. She used to be Artemis3D, because I can find her Freya and many others credited by other sites as Artemis3D (they never updated). I don't think she's Anna Benjamin unless maybe she wanted to keep her clothing stuff separate from her characters stuff.

There is a Belladzines store here. She used to be Artemis3D, because I can find her Freya and many others credited by other sites as Artemis3D (they never updated). I don't think she's Anna Benjamin unless maybe she wanted to keep her clothing stuff separate from her characters stuff.

Well... Hmm... Looks like my memory has been playing tricks on me. I know what I "remember" seeing. But obviously what I remember and what is are two different things. Getting old's a be-atch. Wish I could upgrade my organic memory like I do for my computer! LOL

• According to the readme the textures for Bijou are in /Runtime/Textures/Artemis/A_Bijou/

edited October 2017

Artemis3D indeed became Bellazines, we discussed it on the thread at the time when it happened.  My favorite character is Caitlyn and have showcased her. Somehow I overlooked Duncan (love the brows) and I have Lorna (would replace those eyebrows)  and Cleo wishlisted.  

And I think Bijou is from Bellazines, she's not quite Silver's style.

Fast Grab changed (don't know when exactly) and Arabian Royalty Bundle is offered. A lovely set, two characters, and two outfits- and remember i did Makoa and quite a few people wishlisted him?  (Edit- oh wow, I am the ONLY person who did Makoa in the galleries? According to the app. I do love it that my image shows up when you click for the gallery images.) 

Post edited by Novica on

Is anyone else having issues with the new G8 MFD? I am having some serious issues with the right hip distorting and jutting out when used with some morphs. You can see the images here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/205301/morphing-fantasy-dress-issue-anyone-else#latest

I didn't notice it on Alice, but she has extra "padding" so I assumed it was her and not the outfit. This is the only views I have, here's the  post.

Novica said:

I didn't notice it on Alice, but she has extra "padding" so I assumed it was her and not the outfit. This is the only views I have, here's the  post.

I can't really tell with your character, but it doesn't do it with a base G8 but add a morph and it does, so I am thinking it is somethign with the dress.

This discussion has been closed.