Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 Textures

Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
edited June 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just purchased a character I really like the other day, and then G8 comes out! :D I hope someboday comes up with a utility to use G3 textures with G8. Looks good though and the great backwards compatability support is really a huge perk. I also hope that artist still create content got G3.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can use G3 textures with G8, just tested it!

Post edited by Richard John S on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited June 2017

I just purchased a character I really like the other day, and then G8 comes out! :D I hope someboday comes up with a utility to use G3 textures with G8. Looks good though and the great backwards compatability support is really a huge perk. I also hope that artist still create content got G3.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can use G3 textures with G8, just tested it!

WOOT!!! :D I was waiting to hear that :P I can use all my Raiya and Saiyaness and Kayleyss textures. Woohoo! :D

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • It's pretty sweet. However, I'm trying to figure out how to make face expressions. All you had to do is click on the face and then you get the pose control. It doesn't seem to appear with G8.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 529

This is a dumb question, but where is the Genesis 8 basic male? I don't see him in the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials content, only the basic female.

• Male base figures usually come out a few months after the female. 

As for the G3/G8 skin issue, I loaded Victoria 7 skin onto G8F without a problem. I think they use the same UV, but don't quote me on this.  

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 529

Thank you for the response. Good to know. :)

• nmargie_d65db43582nmargie_d65db43582 Posts: 156
    edited June 2017

This is a dumb question, but where is the Genesis 8 basic male? I don't see him in the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials content, only the basic female.

Is there a basic free female figure? I can not seem to find it if there is

I found it, for some dumb reason I was thinking the essental packs were part of the base Daz application

Post edited by nmargie_d65db43582 on
  • DresdenskinDresdenskin Posts: 56
    edited June 2017

After some experimentation, it looks like G8F will take any skin designed for G3F Base Female UV. It also seems to accept Victoria 7 UV without issue. Some of the more exotic UVs such as Teen Josie and Aiko 7 show seams. I dare say, however, that if you know how to use the Map Transfer utility, you might get away with transfering those from their native UV to G3F Base Female, and then loading them onto G8F. Can't swear to this though, as I mostly work with male figures. 

Post edited by Dresdenskin on
  • OkarioOkario Posts: 18

That's a really good news :D

And, it is possible to tranfer a G3F morph to a G8F ? I don't really understand if the "Clone" option it's about it or just for clothes.

Ho, and the G3F hair are ompatible too?

edited June 2017

G8F is supposed to have "clones" for G3F, G2F and Genesis, as well as G3M and G2M. That means that outfits designed for those figures should all work with G8F using autofit. I tried it with G8F and a G3M outfit. There weren't many options but using "Full Body" on the autofit dialogue, everything fit on G8F fine. That should work with hair products too. 

As for morphs, they won't work. At least not yet. If an add-on for GenX2 comes out to transfer from G3 to G8, then that would let you transfer those mophs over, but it may be a little while before such a product comes out. Otherwise it's a case of waiting for morphs to be released. I noticed they've already brought out female body and head morphs (as separate products). 

• OkarioOkario Posts: 18

Thank you :)

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited June 2017

Pardon,

what is Genesis 8 ?
    The latest was Genesis 3 (Victoria 7 and Michael 7). So you meen Victoria 8 (based on Genesis 4)?
    I see those "Genesis 8" addon products. But where is the required "Genesis 8 Female", if this name really is correct?
    What is the "evolution" chain from Genesis to Genesis2 to Genesis3 ... Genesis8?

What about Genesis4 to Genesis7 ?
    How long did my sleepy way of life (Dornröschenschlaf) last ?

Post edited by AndyS on
    edited June 2017

There is no Genesis 4. I think there would be some confusion between Genesis 4 and Generation 4 (Michael 4/Victoria 4 etc.) So they named it Genesis 8, since it is the 8th generation figure to be released. 

If you use Daz Install Manager (DIM), log in and check for new products. The new Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials should be available for download. Otherwise, log in to Daz3D, go to your Product Library and search for "Starter Essentials". You should find a section for Genesis 8 Starter Essentials there. 

I did find a problem though. The supposed "Power Pose Templates" file that accompanies the Starter Essentials appears to be exactly the same file as the Starter Essentials. I think someone at Daz got something mixed up somewhere along the line. 

edited June 2017

Yes, I did find.

Was just really confused about the broken evolution chain.

And what are "... Power Pose Templates" ?
    Up to now there were "Power Pose Tools" included. Is there something further to do from user's side?

Post edited by AndyS on
  • They claim to have added power pose options for expressions. I think for facial features, but as I said, the file seems to be the same as the Starter Essentials so I think maybe we haven't got that part yet. All Power Pose seems to do for the face is let you pose the eyes. 

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    AndyS said:

Yes, I did find.

Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10... wink

• Arnold C said:
    AndyS said:

Yes, I did find.

Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10... wink

I thought that myself! wink

Yes smiley

This is the "Slave" effect. Someone predicts and all others have to follow. wink

But OOPS!
    Loading G8F I get the message, that this character can't be loaded with my current DAZ version. It needs 4.9.4.111 and higher.
    But after clicking that message away, it loads anyway and works well.

Sorry folks, but due to some still not solved bugs I have to stay at 4.9.2.70.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515

thank ye gods!

But hey Arnold,

did you already have a look to the skin parameters settings? wink

• KevinTTKevinTT Posts: 9

Create a male from Genesis 8 female

Highlight G8F and then it is PARAMETERS Tab > Hidden > Clone 

You will see all Gen thru Gen3 Male and female there and dial in to 100%!

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

genesis 8

got problem with EYE in render,,!
    something wrong in eye when render,,, with original  or any other G3 eyes textures

• RalMRalM Posts: 33

I miss the eyelashes

Eyelashes on, but there is nothing ?

qqq.jpg
    911 x 1500 - 577K
    edited June 2017

the eyes problem

something wrong at "Sclera"

on picture i just load the G3 (no changes, just added spot light in front)

eyes.jpg
    861 x 937 - 244K
    Post edited by cm152335 on
  • There is no Genesis 4. I think there would be some confusion between Genesis 4 and Generation 4 (Michael 4/Victoria 4 etc.) So they named it Genesis 8, since it is the 8th generation figure to be released. 

If you use Daz Install Manager (DIM), log in and check for new products. The new Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials should be available for download. Otherwise, log in to Daz3D, go to your Product Library and search for "Starter Essentials". You should find a section for Genesis 8 Starter Essentials there. 

I did find a problem though. The supposed "Power Pose Templates" file that accompanies the Starter Essentials appears to be exactly the same file as the Starter Essentials. I think someone at Daz got something mixed up somewhere along the line. 

Genesis 8 = Genesis 4 to me.

there is a comfusion with the product name,,

logicaly is "Genesis 4" or "Victoria 8" not "Genesis 8"

Eyelashes laugh

Now they're anatomical elements.

edited June 2017
    cm152335 said:

the eyes problem

Just go to the Sclera, Eyes Moisture, Iris and Pupil material settings (especially glossy) and correct them to your likes.

I even had to completely change the transluceny / transmitting settings of the skin (as usual since Genesis 3).

G8F Skin.jpg
    2000 x 1800 - 254K
    Post edited by AndyS on
  • ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

For those (like me) wondering what the heck is this new Genesis 8, there's a nice page that gives a description of the changes:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis8

Looks like it's very backwards compatible, which is nice

edited June 2017
    AndyS said:
    cm152335 said:

the eyes problem

Just go to the Sclera, Eyes Moisture, Irils and Pupil material settings (especially glossy) and correct them to your likes.

i try,, always bad result in render,, 

also check this,,
    i select all surfaces,, i reduce opacity to "ZERO" and,, i found hidden lashes 

eyelashes.jpg
    1442 x 833 - 519K
    Post edited by cm152335 on

more bad with Glossy

glossy.jpg
    1433 x 705 - 461K