• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Try not to smile to much

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Bravo Ivy!!! 

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Great job Ivy.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited November 2017

Love it, Ivy.  Wonderful job on the mouse's expressions and gestures.  

Post edited by Diomede on

Thanks guys I'm glad you enjoyed it.. I think I like making toon animations  better .. toons seem to be more forgiving with mistakes and keyframe skips than using realistic characters

Whoa... speaking of animated Toons! I can't wait!!!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Marvellous work, Ivy!
    I looked at your animation with emotion because I regularly catch rats behind my house, but with a cage. I do not want that they die and I always release them in the fields far from my home.
    Bravo!

DUDU said:

Marvellous work, Ivy!
    I looked at your animation with emotion because I regularly catch rats behind my house, but with a cage. I do not want that they die and I always release them in the fields far from my home.
    Bravo!

Bravo to you too, DUDU! That's awesome!

DUDU said:

Marvellous work, Ivy!
    Bravo!

Thanks for watching my animation.. I think its great you live trap your mouse's  . I have 3 live traps around my home for mice.. and when we catch themwe takee them up to an old abandoned train yard to release them.

Last fall we caught and relocated 32 skunks using live traps to keep them from trying to nest in our barn and out buildings...lol I took a picture with my cell phone of everyone one of them. usually we only get one or two a year but for some reason we had a bunker crop of skunks..lol  we don't try to kill things that are just trying to make a living. we just catch and release. I have my land posted to no hunting.  I live in a very rural area in the mountains of NE Tennessee &  we feed the deer and squirrels so its bound to attack some nisuses critters that are not so desirable so we help move them along their way .. along way from our place..lol

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I needed to use a live trap a few years ago to remove squirrels that were getting into our loft space!  I've heard squirrels described as being like rats with good PR...

Hi Phil . Yeah squirrels tend to like to live around people, so when people remove the tree around their houses , the squirrels loose their homes in the trees and start looking for other places to live, usually someones attic, Red squirrels are the most destructive. we have a lot of old oak trees around our home and we never cut them so  we have huge gray squirrels that live in them we been feeding for years. in fact we have a lot of wild life   I assure you squirrels are nothing like rats.  which are way worst and breed far more faster. we had a issue with river rats when we lived in the low lands.

one pic was taken from my security cam this morning. the darker one is a pic from the secuirty cam around midnight last night of a couple of young bucks

Cam1-Back porch-10.19.34.jpg
    1536 x 864 - 379K
    Cam1-Back porch-20.38.10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 121K
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Two weeks ago, there was a captive mom hedgehog in the live trap and her baby a few meters from there, I gave her the freedom but, she ran "very quickly" to hide in… a hole of rats!
    It is not same volume than a rat and I had to break a doorpost to get her out… (could be a scenario for your next animation, Ivy wink)
    Phil, when I go to London, I'm always amazed by the squirrels at HydePark which come to eat in the hand of the walkers!

I go through many jars of peanut butter - feeding it to my squirrel friends :)  I wipe globs of it on a branch and watch them lick it... it's awesome!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I go through many jars of peanut butter - feeding it to my squirrel friends :)  I wipe globs of it on a branch and watch them lick it... it's awesome!

I make peanut butter sandwiches for the birds.  Use the stale good quality wholemeal bread and cut the sandwich up into little pieces,  I have sparrows queuing up for their turn at the takeaway.

Chohole said:

I make peanut butter sandwiches for the birds.  Use the stale good quality wholemeal bread and cut the sandwich up into little pieces,  I have sparrows queuing up for their turn at the takeaway.

Awesome! I give my birds whole-grain bread too! I seldom let it get stale first though. When there's a few pieces left, I just tear it up and toss it out for them - they Love it!!!

Something you'all may enjoy ~ Rendered and created with daz studio

Great job, Ivy.  Can't wait to see your next production.

Hi Diomede

I have 2 more animations to release soon  a new "Karate girl meet her match " and  a ghost train caravel ride , should be out in the next few weeks

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i guess everyone tried using softbody for flowing cloaks, like hodded cloaks in pc items?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

most items you can buy are designed to be fitted to the figure,. rather than designed for use in a physics simulation,. now DS has D-force that may change.

in carrara you can create a cloak or hood and use soft body to drape that onto a still figure,. sadly animated figures and softbody is broke.

VWD cloth and hair (plugin for carrara) allows you to create your own clothing in carrara and simulate that on an animated figure.

it'll also work with items that were never designed to be use in a physics cloth sim. such as those items you mention.

and mesh hair figures.

:)

edited April 2018

I used Carrara's softbody physics for the cloak on the pied piper in a prior challenge.  It took way too long to calculate and would not have worked in an animation as originally constructed - would have had to make an "undersuit" so that the cloak only collided with other softbody physics objects (calculations took extremely long if softbody physics object collided with keyframed moving objects)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/783784/#Comment_783784

Post edited by Diomede on

If I was going to do that image over, I would use VWD

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Really nice work Diomede :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

you can still use bullet softbody just not with bone and vertex animation 

I have done it using primitives that follow the animation of a figure roughly such as bumping curtains

but it needs to be key framed not attached to the figure

depending on the movement of a figure you could attach a cloak to a proxy object and move that to follow the figures movement bearing in mind it will only collide with that object not the figure

This post shows a softbody attach undersuit enveloping a keyframed figure and a softbody dress colliding against the undersuit.

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/800557/#Comment_800557

and here is a test of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhIzj2N-St4&feature=youtu.be

3DAGE said:

Really nice work Diomede :)

Thank you!

th3Digit said:

you can still use bullet softbody just not with bone and vertex animation 

I have done it using primitives that follow the animation of a figure roughly such as bumping curtains

but it needs to be key framed not attached to the figure

depending on the movement of a figure you could attach a cloak to a proxy object and move that to follow the figures movement bearing in mind it will only collide with that object not the figure

you parent the proxy primitive?
    or you mean dont parent, manually move the primitives to move ith the figure?

thanks smiley

3DAGE said:

most items you can buy are designed to be fitted to the figure,. rather than designed for use in a physics simulation,. now DS has D-force that may change.

in carrara you can create a cloak or hood and use soft body to drape that onto a still figure,. sadly animated figures and softbody is broke.

VWD cloth and hair (plugin for carrara) allows you to create your own clothing in carrara and simulate that on an animated figure.

it'll also work with items that were never designed to be use in a physics cloth sim. such as those items you mention.

and mesh hair figures.

:)

would be nice to use dforce clothes with carrara softbody physics

Diomede said:

This post shows a softbody attach undersuit enveloping a keyframed figure and a softbody dress colliding against the undersuit.

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/800557/#Comment_800557

and here is a test of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhIzj2N-St4&feature=youtu.be

test looked good.

i have mages walking around. andhigh elves.  they need some flow in robes and cloaks to not look too rediculous.  tho i've raised the hems a bit

Diomede said:

I used Carrara's softbody physics for the cloak on the pied piper in a prior challenge.  It took way too long to calculate and would not have worked in an animation as originally constructed - would have had to make an "undersuit" so that the cloak only collided with other softbody physics objects (calculations took extremely long if softbody physics object collided with keyframed moving objects)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/783784/#Comment_783784

does it calculate on 1 core?  or can the calcuation use all the cores?

i guess, watching performance monitor will answer that