rest in peace Cripeman

I was devastated to learn today on Facebook that William A. Cripe, our Cripeman has lost his battle with cancer. broken heart

He was a great mentor and friend to so many in the Carrara community and shall be sorely missed.

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

That is sad news Wendy. His friendly tutorials demonstrated so many cool approaches to Carrara's tools. My condolences to the family.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I hope that you are wrong.

A good guy, has inspired many.  Very sad.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I hope that you are wrong.

A good guy, has inspired many.  Very sad.

no sadly, he has been battling cancer for some time and now his family are sharing their memories and photos on his page.

He leaves us a great legacy of tutorials on youtube.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309
    So sorry to hear this news - I didn't know him personally, but have found his tutorials very helpful indeed. Condolences to his family and friends.
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Sad to learn. My condolences to his family and friends sad

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cryingcrying

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Huge loss

Extraordinary generosity, humour, creativity, inspiration

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Very sad.  Condolences to his family and loved ones.  If appropriate, I hope someone can pass along to his family the debt that I owe him for my art (such as it is), and the great affection and respect that I have for his expertise, generosity, and humor.  I'm sure many feel the same way.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited October 2017

kapow... damn.

appreciative vibes to his spirit, and hoping the next place is more comfortable for him than this one was.

--ms

(tnx for the news, Wendy)

Post edited by mindsong on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Very sorry to hear this, he was one of the all-time Carrara greats.  Condolences to his loved ones, grateful for the many contributions he made to Carrara and his many Carrara tutorials.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

If there is a God then I'm sure he will improve on his mesh skills with the next lot of creations...

condolences to the family ... cancer is such a sad way to go... a good fella who gave much to the Carrara Community, he will be missed.

R I P Cripeman 

• Very sad.  Cripeman always went out of his way to help others.  Best to his family.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

that's such sad news, a big loss to all of us and his family, :(

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

A great loss to all.  I can imagine him angel down upon us.

Condolences to the family.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

I'm going to miss Bill.  We were friends on FB.  He could come up with some of the craziest, funniest posts.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

sad news, his neat and clever tuts are a continuos source of inspiration, huge loss indeed

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Honestly, I weep for him already for half a year.

• Very sad. He is going to be missed. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

So sorry to hear this! Condolences to his friends and family. 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

That is sad news Wendy. His friendly tutorials demonstrated so many cool approaches to Carrara's tools. My condolences to the family.

crying​ crying​ crying​ SIlene

• We always kept in contact via Facebook and he was such a good guy.

This is very sad news and Condolences and prayers to his Family.

Ringo

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

Requiescat in pace.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

Very sad news,he was a huge plus to the Carrara community.  Condolences and prayers to his family.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,335

Love his tutorials. Condolences to his family and friends.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Very sad indeed. He was a true light in this world that extended well beyond Carrara. He will be mourned and missed.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Very sad - I know that he fought bravely against the cancer, and he was always very helpful to everyone - a true inspiration to the Carrara community.

I hope that this thread is shared to his family so that they can see how much influence he had and in how much esteem he was held by all Carrara users.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737

Bill, has been an inspiration to all. He has touched many users in many ways that allow them to strive for higher achievement. The interesting thing about "echos" is that they continue for a long time even when not audible.

Bill is a bell that has been wrung and can not be un-wrung, we have learned a lot from him over the years and will remember some of his unique techniques and playful antics. With all due respect we will not miss him, because he will always remain a part of us who have learned from him. Every time you open Carrara you could possible be reflecting on a technique you learned from Bill. We know the passing of fellow artists is usually a sad thing, but we will rejoice in knowing that we had the time and experience of "Cripeman" to guide us in truely learning his wonderful techniques.

I hope his tutorials will remain available for many years to come so others may experience what we have come to know and love. God speed Bill. 

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Adding my voice to the shock a n d sadness at this news - I'm just one of those friends Cripeman never knew he had. Being an avid follower of his tutorials I can hear his voice anytime as those words "Hi everybody welcome to another Carrara tutorial - I'm Cripeman" are in my head.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    0oseven said:

I'm just one of those friends Cripeman never knew he had.

i really like how you put that. i was also in that 'club' he never knew about.

he was infectious, and the kind of fellow you wished lived next-door.

--ms

• So sad to hear this news. Cripeman helped me a lot getting started with Carrara.

Thinking of his family at this sad time :-(