Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited July 2013

Had to take a break for a minute with metaballs and show you my new guy ...He is wicked looking Huh?? works good in Bryce and easy for me to pose.... I can wrap him around backwards all day and he still looks the same.....LOL

term.png
    1158 x 702 - 489K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,527
    edited December 1969

@Fire Angel - thank you. You're definitely right about the way the material is rendered because it is different from the others. I have to look at it more closely when I get a bit of time. You never know whether the effect can be exploited for some controlled effect. -- The singer looks great.

@TheSavage64 - very nice plant. You never know when you can use it for a package of fertilizer. Mushrooms look great.

@M1chaelFrank - very very nice flowers and shapes, nicely coloured, too. It is really a pleasure to look at them.

@bullit35744 - Starburst looks great.

edited December 1969

That guy of yours looks a bit robitish :)

edited December 1969

He reminds me of the terminator movie.....looks good with the Bryce materials much better than what he came with

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Here with the re-textured version of my metaball mushrooms.

ShroomsALT.jpg
    450 x 650 - 210K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379
    edited December 1969

Mermaid; Your picture looks good does not look like blobs to me...I knew you could convert to a mesh I didn't know you could convert to a meataball.....

Thanks Trish ... the blobs were deleted. lol

edited December 1969

Awesome work by Trish, Dave and Michael. I’m still having fun with replicating without much success with metaballs. I’m still getting blobs and globs. Michael your work is magnificent.

Electro-elvis – I like your experiments with the terrain.

Did someone say mushroom?? Except for the mushroom, all these replicates were done using tori, spheres and cylinders and then converted them to metaballs.

The background is an abstract I did in Bryce and then saved it as a jpg and brought it in on a 2D

There are great experiments you have here. It may be slow going, but take your time with it. Try replicating just a few objects at a time, and look closely at the results. Go backward and make one little alteration at a time, and see what it does. Don't change all nine fields at once... just change one field at a time, and you'll start to see more precisely what happens.

Thanks Michael, experimenting is fun, except for many crashes I have. Thanks for posting your inspiring work.

edited December 1969

@Fire Angel - The render looks great.

@TheSavage64 - beautiful plant and mushrooms.

@M1chaelFrank - you work is very inspiring, love the colors and textures too

@bullit35744 - The starburst looks great. so does your robot

edited December 1969

Great mushrooms, Dave.

edited December 1969

Mermaid; Thank you!!

Dave; the mushroom looks good enough to eat.....yum

Here is one more and I am taking a nap.......this ear ache is killing my progress

pearl.jpg
    1037 x 757 - 523K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited July 2013

It is neither known, what task this little droid is made for, nor how it is moving on. (ASFAIK it is not able to walk at all, because of the bad construction. With the first step it is going to fall over *wink*)
    BTW Entirely made with Bryce illuminated by a HDRI.

@bullit35744: I hope you get well soon!

droid7_black.jpg
    600 x 600 - 43K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Nice Renders everyone

more meatball stuff

meta-flower.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 421K
    edited December 1969

@Trish - that is amazing. Ear ache can hurt very much. Hope you get well soon.

@electro-elvis - that's a cool robot. I think it should be able to walk provided it has got a good processor inside.

@Rareth - more vegetable than meat, nice to meet it, though. Very nicely done.

edited December 1969

This morning before I left to go out to do some (paid) work, I added the Shrooms to my greenery scene. As that's why I decided to make them in the first place. Render time just short of 6 hours, though it is a bigger render.

MetaGreenery3.jpg
    975 x 975 - 366K
  • Mattkire75Mattkire75 Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Been a little while since I posted. Here's a castle roof. Built some of the booleans in 3DS and brought them into Bryce and finished it off. I need to learn more on UV Mapping but I am getting more and more comfortable with the modeling aspect. I hope not too bad with being only 2-3 weeks into modeling for the first time.

I was able to also export it as I built the subcomponents properly. So I was able to create the OBJ, OBP, and 3DS versions of the roof in Bryce. Excited as I tested the import on my desktop and worked beautifully! :)

Castle_Roof_3.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 238K
    edited December 1969

This morning before I left to go out to do some (paid) work, I added the Shrooms to my greenery scene. As that's why I decided to make them in the first place. Render time just short of 6 hours, though it is a bigger render.

You guys make such beautiful art! I hope to one day be half as good as some of you!

edited December 1969

Oh a scene I rendered this weekend using a character in DAZ, sending it to Bryce and merging it with a free scene I found on-line. Oddly the send from DAZ did a pretty interesting and cool effect with the lower portion of her skirt. It made it see-thru to show her legs. I verified in DAZ that the Opacity was set to 100 so not fully sure how that happened! lol. However, it worked out nicely!

The model is a morph of Victoria 6 and I used some additional lighting in Bryce to add some life to the scene as well.

Marina_At_the_Cave_of_Despite.jpg
    640 x 480 - 303K
    edited December 1969

poetman75 said:

You guys make such beautiful art! I hope to one day be half as good as some of you!

Thanks Poetman... your model looks to be coming along nicely.

I've been thinking about my mushrooms and am wondering whether to do a mkII version with gills on the underside of the cap. It would mean having to alter each metaball to 'positive' So I could boolean a negative flattened sphere to them (with boolean option to transfer negative material) and then also multi-replicate for the actual gills... something I may persue this evening as it would make the mushroom a lot more angle friendly.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

poetman75 said:
    Oh a scene I rendered this weekend using a character in DAZ, sending it to Bryce and merging it with a free scene I found on-line. Oddly the send from DAZ did a pretty interesting and cool effect with the lower portion of her skirt. It made it see-thru to show her legs. I verified in DAZ that the Opacity was set to 100 so not fully sure how that happened! lol. However, it worked out nicely!

If you provide a screenshot of the Material Lab for the skirt, and possibly also from the Surfaces tab of DS if it matters, we might be able to determine what happened.
    I have found that transparency doesn't always transfer correctly from DS and has to be fixed in Bryce after the transfer. However, it may turn out to be something else too.
    edited December 1969

poetman75 said:

Thanks Poetman... your model looks to be coming along nicely.

I've been thinking about my mushrooms and am wondering whether to do a mkII version with gills on the underside of the cap. It would mean having to alter each metaball to 'positive' So I could boolean a negative flattened sphere to them (with boolean option to transfer negative material) and then also multi-replicate for the actual gills... something I may persue this evening as it would make the mushroom a lot more angle friendly.

Thanks! I would LOVE to see that. I have so much more difficulty getting the odd boolean shapes to work correctly in Bryce for some reason. The basics and some composites I get without issue. Other very complex boolean "layers" they just don't turn out as easily and nicely as with 3DS for some reason. It must be just how I combine the booleans together in Bryce.

right now, I am having a difficult time trying to transfer a nice rock block design I created to a sphere and then to a block. Perhaps it's not even possible. I get it close by shrinking the sphere and making the block Intersecting. I tried negative with material transfer but that didn't work at all.

edited December 1969

poetman75 said:

If you provide a screenshot of the Material Lab for the skirt, and possibly also from the Surfaces tab of DS if it matters, we might be able to determine what happened.
    I have found that transparency doesn't always transfer correctly from DS and has to be fixed in Bryce after the transfer. However, it may turn out to be something else too.

No too overly concern as it was just a test setup moreso to get a better fell on how to transfer content in. One thing I need to get a better handle on first is how to send a character in DAZ that doesn't crash Bryce due to it's massive polygon size.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@M1chael: The group of images is simply stunning.

@electro: Love that little guy. Nice work.

@Trish: Meatball work really looks nice, love the colors most of all. Hope the ear ache subsides soon.

@Dave: The mushrooms really turned out well, and look even better in the scene. And the scene looks even better with the mushrooms.

@poetman: Hope we get to see the rest of the castle. Though a bit dark for my taste, that scene looks good.

edited December 1969

thanks. going to take a little bit as I am designing it internally and externally

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2013

Too many great works to comment on...great stuff all - elvis your 'bot's lighting and shadow is just perfect.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Just something I was fiddling around with today in Bryce and 3DS. A medieval wood plank for wood gates and floors. I'm really big on imperfections in objects as it brings a party of reality into them in my opinion.

Wood_Plank_1.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 251K
    edited July 2013

A wooden floor created from 2 different wooden planks that I created.

Wood_Floor_View_2.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 250K
    Wood_Floor_View_1.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 223K
    Post edited by Mattkire75 on
    edited December 1969

And last for the evening a bridge made from the wooden floor and other objects I created.

Bridge_Top_View.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 246K
    Bridge_Side_View.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 342K
    edited December 1969

poetman75 said:

Thanks! I would LOVE to see that. I have so much more difficulty getting the odd boolean shapes to work correctly in Bryce for some reason. The basics and some composites I get without issue. Other very complex boolean "layers" they just don't turn out as easily and nicely as with 3DS for some reason. It must be just how I combine the booleans together in Bryce.

Here you go then... The MKII mushroom, now with detailed underside.

ShroomsMKII.jpg
    900 x 1300 - 280K
    edited December 1969

poetman75 said:

Here you go then... The MKII mushroom, now with detailed underside.

Wow! very cool. so the gills were just booleans?

edited December 1969

poetman75 said:
    Wow! very cool. so the gills were just booleans?

Thanks.

Yup, they consist of a sphere (set to positive in attributes), squashed so it's nearly flat on it's Z axis then auto-replicated 30 times at 6° on the Y axis. Then a negative torus is added to make the underside concave curve then group them together and it's done.

This discussion has been closed.