Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,527
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - mushrooms fit nicely into the greenery scene. The MkII musrooms are amazing.

@poetman75 - you're making progress with the castle. You were lucky with the ladies dress then. Nice render, it looks a bit hazy but perhaps you intended to appear it that way. Wooden floor looks great.

edited December 1969

I had a few minutes to give this multi-replicate business a try. Things get quite sluggish, rendering is swift, though. No great artwork but the anaglyph came out quite fine.

mm04ana.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 195K
    mm04.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 218K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    I had a few minutes to give this multi-replicate business a try. Things get quite sluggish, rendering is swift, though. No great artwork but the anaglyph came out quite fine.

Looks Great!

• geoff_d5b50fd3bcgeoff_d5b50fd3bc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just Brycin...

time.jpg
    1200 x 603 - 410K
  • M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This morning before I left to go out to do some (paid) work, I added the Shrooms to my greenery scene. As that's why I decided to make them in the first place. Render time just short of 6 hours, though it is a bigger render.

Well this is just fantastic.

edited December 1969

Mermaid; Thank you!!

Dave; the mushroom looks good enough to eat.....yum

Here is one more and I am taking a nap.......this ear ache is killing my progress

A very beautiful shape... you are certainly having fun with all of this!

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @M1chael: The group of images is simply stunning.

@electro: Love that little guy. Nice work.

@Trish: Meatball work really looks nice, love the colors most of all. Hope the ear ache subsides soon.

@Dave: The mushrooms really turned out well, and look even better in the scene. And the scene looks even better with the mushrooms.

@poetman: Hope we get to see the rest of the castle. Though a bit dark for my taste, that scene looks good.

Thanks Guss I really appreciate it.

edited December 1969

poetman75 said:
    I've been thinking about my mushrooms and am wondering whether to do a mkII version with gills on the underside of the cap. It would mean having to alter each metaball to 'positive' So I could boolean a negative flattened sphere to them (with boolean option to transfer negative material) and then also multi-replicate for the actual gills... something I may persue this evening as it would make the mushroom a lot more angle friendly.

Thanks! I would LOVE to see that. I have so much more difficulty getting the odd boolean shapes to work correctly in Bryce for some reason. The basics and some composites I get without issue. Other very complex boolean "layers" they just don't turn out as easily and nicely as with 3DS for some reason. It must be just how I combine the booleans together in Bryce.

Here you go then... The MKII mushroom, now with detailed underside.

These are really turning into something wonderful.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

I really love that anaglyph version... very cool.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

I agree those mushrooms are something else.

All these are turning out good.

THere is onlly one problem

everyone is so busy playing with meatballs and multi replicate that they are not interested in the Render challenge this month. :(

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

everyone is so busy playing with meatballs and multi replicate that they are not interested in the Render challenge this month. :(

Maybe folks can apply some of their metaball experiments to their challenge images...

edited July 2013

chohole said:

I'm up to something, no promises yet but maybe I'll manage with something simple. Participation counts, not winning.

EDIT to add:
    @geoff - nice sun :)

@Michael - thank you.

Post edited by Horo on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@poetman: Wood looks great. Only comment is that there'd be more variation between each plank, since precise machining couldn't be done during that time. The grain and checks in that end shot image is magnificent, like something you could find in any wood pile.

@geoff: Really like the affects you've achieved in this image.

@horo: Interesting results.

All this multi-replicating got me thinking about the image below, one I'd shown several pages back or in Part 3 somewhere. It's just a multi-replicated torus with a cage material added.

Torii_7_w_Steel_Cage_Material_757_x_758_1.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    It's just a multi-replicated torus with a cage material added.

It looks just very nice.
    edited July 2013

Replication isn't just for metaballs... here's an old model; a transparent "temple" made by replicating columns and other architectural elements. A raw render with virtually no postwork. If I remember correctly, it took about 50 hours to render. Not a record in my book, but a long render all the same...

The "flower arrangement" is a series of models made with metaballs...

The "diatom" image is projected through one of my light sources.

gray-bldgza.jpg
    2000 x 1184 - 336K
    Post edited by M1chaelFrank on
    edited December 1969

Beautiful render. I'm not surprised it took that long with all that transparency. Very nicely lit, this is not always easy with glassy objects.

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Yes indeed, that temple is very atmospheric... nice job. 50 hours wouldn't be a record for me either lol.

Here are two new ones...

symmetries40dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    nexus63dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Very nice. The top one has an urban look to it.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Thanks Micheal I really appreciate your positive comments as someone who's work I've looked at in awe (and still do I hasten to add).

Still playing around with the few plants I've made so far and the mkII Mushrooms (I don't know why, but I get amusement out of calling them that). This one turned out quite well I thought (rendered at this size in a little over 6 hours).

LadyBirdShrooms.jpg
    675 x 975 - 326K
  • TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Very nice, just needs a hookah-smoking caterpillar and it's all set! :D

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited July 2013

Hello to all; Great work everyone!!

Guss; The metal cage effect is very nice!!

Horo; I like your metaballs the colors are wonderful!

TLBKlaus; your work is beautiful!!

Dave; What can I say but awesome...the lady bugs are a nice addition. Did you make them as well??

I haven't been doing too much Doc had me on pain meds for my ear....Kept me knocked out...LOL I did this one today though....

stairs2.jpg
    687 x 863 - 140K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Savage......cor-blimey...gorgeous.

Jay

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thanks.

@M1chael: Gorgeous image, which IMHO, doesn't need any post work. Clever way of displaying the diatoms.

@TLBKlaus: Marvelous images. The glass affects really set both off nicely.

@Dave: Excellent job. And I agree with Trish about the Lady Bugs.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited July 2013

Thanks all :+)

Dave; What can I say but awesome...the lady bugs are a nice addition. Did you make them as well??

No I got lazy for the Ladybug and downloaded a freebie one I found. It needed a bit of work to get it to look right though. :+)

Nice render BTW Trish... It looks almost as if you could play music on it.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited July 2013

Michael; I like your Bacillariophyceae in the image

Thank you dave!!

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - the ladybugs are great, the rest as well. You just have to add a ground, then it's complete.

Thank you, Trish. Fact is, I was inspired by your yellow/black spiral on page 91, though mine isn't that good. Your newest one is very nice.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Micheal I really appreciate your positive comments as someone who's work I've looked at in awe (and still do I hasten to add).

Still playing around with the few plants I've made so far and the mkII Mushrooms (I don't know why, but I get amusement out of calling them that). This one turned out quite well I thought (rendered at this size in a little over 6 hours).

This is simply beautiful.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Beautiful render. I'm not surprised it took that long with all that transparency. Very nicely lit, this is not always easy with glassy objects.

It was a challenge, but one that I'm particularly happy with.

edited December 1969

TLBKlaus said:
    Yes indeed, that temple is very atmospheric... nice job. 50 hours wouldn't be a record for me either lol.

Here are two new ones...

Wow, these are great. I love the colors here... well done!

edited December 1969

Hello to all; Great work everyone!!

Guss; The metal cage effect is very nice!!

TLBKlaus; your work is beautiful!!

I haven't been doing too much Doc had me on pain meds for my ear....Kept me knocked out...LOL I did this one today though....

This is beautiful... I love the delicate movement and shape.

This discussion has been closed.