Pumpkin Pie

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

laugh I'm hoping to get at least one made sometime before fall turns into winter. Right now I am fighting with a pair of shoes that my character insists on wearing. Clearly autofit is no help here so I'll just have to use his G3F version ... if only I can find a suitable male morph for G3F. Got Jas from sharecg which helps a bit but is not quite what I need and using most of my GenX male morphs affect the feet, causing the toes of the sandals to distort. Any suggestions?  

• Did you try rendo? They have some male morphs for female and vice versa although have tried them. There is also Nalin who is gen 2 female but could be gen x'd up https://www.daz3d.com/fw-naida-and-nalin

Just been playing with the G3 set I bought at Rendo, Boy-Girl, and safe to say if I use only that with my custom head morph there won't be any shirtless renders any time soon. Oh, it's useful in small doses with other morphs so all is not lost but it's not doing the trick at all for this particular character. If only there were some way I could get G3M in there without the feet. As it is I can only dial him in to about 21% before the distortion hits, it's that ugly thing where the big toe section goes blocky and kinda sticks out from the rest of the shoe. Can't even fix it in postwork because these are open toed sandals. :sigh:

I'v wishlisted the Nalin bundle, my G2 Female has all of the G2 Male morphs anyway but one more can't hurt. Heck, I'd just use G2 or even G1 if I could get the shoes on him/her but they're for G3F and I don't have the right clones, plus high heel shoes are always a pain to convert. At this point I'm almost ready to give up and try another pair ... if only they didn't look so right with his outfit. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

almost season for jack the pumpkin king

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited September 2017

If it were me I'd just design dude the way you want and use a little Photoshop trickery by rendering  the feet of a female character in the same size and girth and replace the original with the female feet. But Nalin since he is designed for Genesis 2 female may not have that issue

Post edited by Serene Night on

If all else fails, there is Photoshop. But I am thinking Genesis 2 will work better for this guy when he's feeling all femme, don't know why but when I dial in his character the G2F and G2M versions come out about 98-99% identical. Whereas the G3F and G3M versions are miles apart, even after turning on the male morphs I have for G3F. Differences in the mesh or maybe I just have more morphs in G2F? I did GenX just about all of G2M's and Original Genesis into her way back when. 

• I think there are differences in the shapes and the bodies respond differently to the morphs. I encountered that issue. Gen 3 to gen 8 as well. Gen 8's head and Michael 8s head and mouth shape are different and the way the head morphs alter the underlying architecture  are different so a close proximity may be all we can achieve really

edited September 2017

Well, here's a quick comparison render of his G2F and G2M incarnations, dressed and posed alike except for the shoes which will no longer properly autofit to G2M. This is unusual because I've had them on him before, I think it was in Studio 4.6 or one of the early 4.7 builds. No trouble putting most G2F heels on him then with minimum mangling or the sort of dings a bit of postwork could straighten out. But now he can only wear her flat shoes, the rest all end up underneath his feet and no way will they go on. They get positioned correctly when autofit starts but by the end they're moved down and off. And cancelling autofit takes them out of the right position so that's no good. Maybe better I stick with my G2F male for this sorta thing.

Further note, I haven't put the right materials on the G2M pants and the hair maybe needs fixed too. Usually I have the Mon Chevalier hair on him but that does not seem to work so well with Iray. Can't even get the color right, the deep red-brown came out black and I barely recognized him.  

Comparison_TEST_2.jpg
    743 x 851 - 245K
    Post edited by Byrdie on
  • He looks good. I wonder if there are any heels you could manually attach to the feet?

I don't want to derail the pumpkin pie thread and risk it closing but bring this discussion to my thread if you like

wyn

edited September 2017

Indeed, we must certainly not ruin the pie. Wasting pumpkin is as big a sin as wasting chocolate, maybe bigger since pumpkin pie is seasonal while chocolate is forever. How shall I move my last post? Or will I just delete now that you've seen the situation?

Relevant to this thread: Any updates or leads on some good 3d pie? Jake is getting cranky without his dose of pumpkin. 

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • I really can't choose between pumpkin pie or chocolate especially dark chocolate. Those two are my favorite flavors. In fact my birthday is this weekend and I'm making a chocolate pumpkin cake. This illustrates the extent of my love of those two flavors.

Leave your post here and we can continue the non-pie discussion elsewhere. I'm not a fan of removing posts aand your post is fine we just drifted off topic from pie. wink

Happy Birthday! Will continue this discussion either in your other thread or by PM ... tomorrow since I am late for my arthritis medicine and bed. A good night's sleep ought to work wonders I hope. Dark chocolate and pumpkin .... yummy, yummy goodness! wink

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 712
    edited September 2017

​Made slices.  One whole pie, one slice of pie, 7 slices that makes a whole, and a slice of a whole pie.  I will add some assortment decro.

Assortment.JPG
    1460 x 564 - 70K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • This pie keeps getting better and better. Love the sliced options and the whipped cream.

edited September 2017

Looks good enough to eat. I like that there are different sized pieces, my pies never get cut all perfectly even like you see in cookbooks & ads. How about a slice with a bite or two gone out of it? 

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited September 2017

​Made slices.  One whole pie, one slice of pie, 7 slices that makes a whole, and a slice of a whole pie.  I will add some assortment decro.

Looks totally yummy!  I'm not a pumpkin pie fan, but I like the way it looks.  Do you think you can add a Pecan Pie and Custard pie versions????  I would totally grab it if you roll it out at the store.

heartheartheart

edited September 2017

A piece of bit on fork.  Some crumbs.  I might make the Pecan, but custard looks like a yellow version of the pumpkin pie.  

mmmPie3.JPG
    934 x 522 - 72K

That's pretty amazing I can't see how you can top that

I saw this pie and it reminded me of your beautiful pie

IMG_1888.PNG
    1213 x 814 - 258K

Reminds me I still have more pie left in my fridge. Pie Number 2, the first is but a delicious memory now. No whipped cream left though, must buy more tomorrow. Definitely gonna buy this pie when it's ready/if you're selling it, really does look like actual food that is good enough to eat. Only this one won't put any more inches on the ol' waistline and elsewhere. blush

October, pumpkin season

great pumpkin charlie brown

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited October 2017

again not great but you can have my pies right away yes

zip
    zip
    PecanPie.zip
    3M
    pecan.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2017

Nice one th3Digit :p

I just finished my Pecan pie XD

mmmPecanPie.JPG
    1692 x 503 - 163K
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on

Man this thread is making me hungry!

I know. I'll probably have to go on a diet if this keeps up. Thanksgiving's only a week away, gotta make room for the turkey. 

th3Digit said:

again not great but you can have my pies right away yes

TY 

• What ashamed.  My pies got rejected by Daz.  Guess they won't make it here.  

Huh? That's a scrumptious looking pie, why wouldn't they want it? Do they just not like pumpkin? 

• Guess not.  I guess my pies were to good for them :P