Drawing animation

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

For using curve tool to make the same look as tablet, use the same video 12 "Dailey Dose 13(0x0D)" and he shows it work just before the Stroke Player part.

Hope this helps.

• staigermanstaigerman Posts: 236
    edited April 2013

I would use Project Dogwaffle: Howler to animate the drawing from blank to full. Watch the tutorials and pick a method you want to use - as there's a bunch of ways to do it.
    Then map that animation onto the pad in Carrara and follow the animated lines with the pencil along the timeline.

One way you can achieve this is by having the finished image loaded in Dogwaffle's Swap buffer, that's a little bit like a layer, but initially hidden. Then you use a single long brush stroke to kinda retrace the whole sketch and then hit undo, and go to the Stroke player in the Animation menu (you need Howler for this). Use the Hancock mode to accumulate the result, making sure you first change the draw mode to 'Rubthrough'. That will copy it from the Swap to the Main buffer and keep accumulating what it's done so far, frame for frame.

That's a trick you could use to reveal the drawing like you're scratching a lottery ticket. Then you need to draw the pencil in a movement across the same. Load an image of the pencil and draw the desired same path, render it in non-hancock mode but still across all frames. Perhaps a cleaner movement can be had with the Curves tool where you can draw the current brush through the images as an animation too.

Here's an old tutorial from the days of PD Pro 4:
    http://www.thebest3d.com/pdpro/tutorials/scratchme/index.html

Post edited by staigerman on
    edited December 1969

You might also want to check out Sparkol.

http://www.sparkol.com

It's made for video scribing. Tell'em I sent ya :-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I would use Project Dogwaffle: Howler to animate the drawing from blank to full. Watch the tutorials and pick a method you want to use - as there's a bunch of ways to do it.
    Then map that animation onto the pad in Carrara and follow the animated lines with the pencil along the timeline.

One way you can achieve this is by having the finished image loaded in Dogwaffle's Swap buffer, that's a little bit like a layer, but initially hidden. Then you use a single long brush stroke to kinda retrace the whole sketch and then hit undo, and go to the Stroke player in the Animation menu (you need Howler for this). Use the Hancock mode to accumulate the result, making sure you first change the draw mode to 'Rubthrough'. That will copy it from the Swap to the Main buffer and keep accumulating what it's done so far, frame for frame.

That's a trick you could use to reveal the drawing like you're scratching a lottery ticket. Then you need to draw the pencil in a movement across the same. Load an image of the pencil and draw the desired same path, render it in non-hancock mode but still across all frames. Perhaps a cleaner movement can be had with the Curves tool where you can draw the current brush through the images as an animation too.

Here's an old tutorial from the days of PD Pro 4:
    http://www.thebest3d.com/pdpro/tutorials/scratchme/index.html

Wow... Thank you for this!
    I'm still learning my way around Dogwaffle.
    Jamy, Staigerman is the Owner of Dogwaffle, and knows best. This is much better!
    Thank you Philip

You might also want to check out Sparkol.

http://www.sparkol.com

It's made for video scribing. Tell'em I sent ya :-)

Again, Thank you. I will tell them! ;-)

edited December 1969

Jamy, Staigerman is the Owner of Dogwaffle, ...

Almost. I am partnered with the owner. I focus on Marketing/Sales/Support, Dan's the one writing most of the code (I did write a little bit of it, a few years ago). The author/owner/creator/almighty, that's Dan Ritchie, who also publishes royalty-free music. - www.squirreldome.com We call it the Music of Project Dogwaffle. Great addition for your video projects. You can see a link to it also from the front page at www.thebest3d.com and there are a few more samples to listen to there and also examples of videos that use the music to get an idea of how epic it can make the video.