Purchased new content with no way to download

sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I just purchased 3 bugs from the Creepers Collection that were in the store a little while ago.  I went to dl them (since they're bugs and it's Halloween) and there are no dl links for them in my product library for any of them, and they've disappeared from the store.  I keep getting 404 errors.  

Anyone else by these bugs and now can't download them or find them in the store?

Example of one of them attached.  There's no info blurb below it and no links.

downloads not in store and have no links.JPG
935 x 778 - 52K

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We have already put in a query about this.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    Chohole said:

We have already put in a query about this.

yes Thanks Cho...

They disabled them while they find out what the halloween ghosties and ghoulies did with the files.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

My purchase can also not be downloaded. Apparently nothing has been taken care of because my purchase was a completely different purchase than the only made by the OP almost two weeks ago. I'd like to get my products. I purchased a number of things, but only with the intention of getting the Creepers, so I paid for them and want them. How do I get them?

We have reported this

Chohole said:

We have reported this

Thanks! Did those who previously have this problem get their creepers?

edited November 2017
    mcorr said:
    Chohole said:

We have reported this

Thanks! Did those who previously have this problem get their creepers?

No, they were removed from my account.  I put in a help ticket and a couple days later I got an email from them that said the following:

"Hello,
    I apologize, however, these items are not ready to be released. Please continue to watch the site for updates on these.
    I have removed this item or item(s) from your account for you and a refund has been added to your store credit balance. This amount will remain in your account until the entire amount has been applied. "

Post edited by sapat on

highly problematic that this happened 2 weeks ago and now again. i wouldn't have made the rest of the purchase without the creepers and only did so because certain other purchases needed to be made to get the creepers at a good price. 

edited November 2017

It appears that the only way to get the creepers during that sale was to buy the entire collection which was like a bundle of all the creepers together.  I didn't want all of them, and I sure didn't want to pay the price they wanted for the bundle and still have to buy other stuff on top of that just to get that price.  Not a good deal.

This same thing happened to me with the addons for the Victorian Era outfit.  It was an old outfit for VF4.  Around Halloween, they put an addon for it on sale that was a Goth themed texture set.  Well, come to find out, the Victorian Era base outfit isn't even sold in the store anymore. It was pulled back when the vendors stopped selling here.  But they released the Goth addon for it.  A bunch of ppl apparently bought the addon then found out the the base dress wasn't in the store anymore.  

The whole thing is getting weird.  This is the answer they sent me for the Goth addon I bought for Victorian Era:

I do apologize, however, this product has a required product that is not available. We have now disabled this product in the store. As you will not be able to use this product without the required product, I will be happy to refund it for you.
    Please have the same subject heading as this email - Goth Era; SKU:: 8112

Post edited by sapat on
    mcorr said:

highly problematic that this happened 2 weeks ago and now again. i wouldn't have made the rest of the purchase without the creepers and only did so because certain other purchases needed to be made to get the creepers at a good price. 

Yep.  I don't think sometimes they can understand their own sales well enough to keep up with them.  Too much confusion.

edited November 2017
    sapat said:
    mcorr said:

Yep.  I don't think sometimes they can understand their own sales well enough to keep up with them.  Too much confusion.

it's beyond that ... they made they same mistake two weeks ago and still haven't fixed it .... that's a different problem. once they knew the creepers were problematic, they should have done whatever necessary so that they don't show up again as single (unbundled) items that actually cannot be purchased separately.

Post edited by mcorr on
    edited November 2017
    mcorr said:
    sapat said:
    mcorr said:

it's beyond that ... they made they same mistake two weeks ago and still haven't fixed it .... that's a different problem. once they knew the creepers were problematic, they should have done whatever necessary so that they don't show up again as single (unbundled) items that actually cannot be purchased separately.

Agree completely. It's within their grasp to make sure it doesn't happen.  But that darn human factor.  Someone has to actually pay attention....frown

Post edited by sapat on
  • Ah, that spider is the one I tried to buy a couple of weeks ago. There's been so much going on in the store lately, I'd forgotten. And searching the store on "creepers" only gives the "creeper" bundle. Note the different spelling.

What I'd like to know though, is will we be able to buy the fixed items (whenever they reappear) at the price they were originally available?

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

I bought the lady bug only because last week, my son found one on his pillow - lol - so i thought it was funny.  It's not even showing up in my DIM.  Bought it for like less than a $1 today.  It would be a shame if they take it back and I have to re-purchase for a higher price.

Ah, that spider is the one I tried to buy a couple of weeks ago. There's been so much going on in the store lately, I'd forgotten. And searching the store on "creepers" only gives the "creeper" bundle. Note the different spelling.

What I'd like to know though, is will we be able to buy the fixed items (whenever they reappear) at the price they were originally available?

Not sure about that.  I hope so though.  I'd bought 3 of them and I really would still like to have them.  But I don't want the entire bundle.  I just want 'a la carte' bugs which were super cheap.  I think one of them was only .89 if I remember.

ThatGuy said:

I bought the lady bug only because last week, my son found one on his pillow - lol - so i thought it was funny.  It's not even showing up in my DIM.  Bought it for like less than a $1 today.  It would be a shame if they take it back and I have to re-purchase for a higher price.

I don't know why they don't just offer them as separates then work out a bundle price for those who want it all.  I just want my original 3. :(

If you go into a supermarket and buy a gallon of milk, the manager can't take it out of your hands as you leave the store because he had it marked at a lower price than it should have been tagged for. The store eats the loss and the customer goes home with the milk. Why is this example not valid in this case with the creepers?

mcorr said:

If you go into a supermarket and buy a gallon of milk, the manager can't take it out of your hands as you leave the store because he had it marked at a lower price than it should have been tagged for. The store eats the loss and the customer goes home with the milk. Why is this example not valid in this case with the creepers?

I wish I knew, especially since the PC price of these stupid bugs is less than a dollar!!  I just now sent another ticket in because I was stupid enough to buy the wasp and the lady bug and then had no way to download them.  So now I will get another email from customer service telling me they've made a mistake, they shouldn't have been in the store, and they'll refund my money.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........angry

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129

Just buy the bundle, and ask for a refund on the ones you cannot download (plus the extra items you put in the cart to get the better price).

• mcorr said:

Because the carton of milk was empty.

edited November 2017
    mcorr said:

More like, "we'll take the milk back.... but it's yours if you pay 10x more." 

Post edited by mcorr on
    Ati said:

Just buy the bundle, and ask for a refund on the ones you cannot download (plus the extra items you put in the cart to get the better price).

Well there's an angle I hadn't thought of!  Using your noodle!

mcorr said:

I often order groceries online then go pick them up so I don't have to get around the store when I'm not well.  And 9 times out of 10, they come out to the car and say 'we were out of stock on this size, so we gave you this size', or 'we didn't have the store brand in this, so we gave you the name brand'.  In either case, I'm getting the better deal and the store isn't.  I get a 24 oz carton of fresh pineapple chunks instead of the 6 oz one, and I get Charmin or Northern tissue instead of Kroger brand.  No brainer.  Me, the customer is coming out on top.  They could do it here if they wanted and you wouldn't have to leave the store with an empty milk carton, or no milk (aka bugs) at all.

sapat said:
    mcorr said:

I often order groceries online then go pick them up so I don't have to get around the store when I'm not well.  And 9 times out of 10, they come out to the car and say 'we were out of stock on this size, so we gave you this size', or 'we didn't have the store brand in this, so we gave you the name brand'.  In either case, I'm getting the better deal and the store isn't.  I get a 24 oz carton of fresh pineapple chunks instead of the 6 oz one, and I get Charmin or Northern tissue instead of Kroger brand.  No brainer.  Me, the customer is coming out on top.  They could do it here if they wanted and you wouldn't have to leave the store with an empty milk carton, or no milk (aka bugs) at all.

Part of admitting that you made a mistake is making it right with the customer. It seems that CS concept hasn't taken hold here yet. Maybe the margins are too thin for such graciousness. Together, I spent many (many) thousands of dollars here last year and this year. I should be treated more as a valued customer. Regaring the Creepers, it's not about an extra dollar here or there (I just went ahead and bought the Creepers Collection, which I would have done at the outset if the individual items had not erroneously been marked for sale). It's about admitting a mistake and making up for it in some (perhaps even minor) way to show good will. The opposite happened here. I assure you that the "no milk" comment buys no friends, but only more determination on my part to reduce spending here to only what is absolutely necessary. In other words, a completely counterproductive comment that will result in bigtime lost sales.

mcorr said:
    sapat said:
    mcorr said:

Part of admitting that you made a mistake is making it right with the customer. It seems that CS concept hasn't taken hold here yet. Maybe the margins are too thin for such graciousness. Together, I spent many (many) thousands of dollars here last year and this year. I should be treated more as a valued customer. Regaring the Creepers, it's not about an extra dollar here or there (I just went ahead and bought the Creepers Collection, which I would have done at the outset if the individual items had not erroneously been marked for sale). It's about admitting a mistake and making up for it in some (perhaps even minor) way to show good will. The opposite happened here. I assure you that the "no milk" comment buys no friends, but only more determination on my part to reduce spending here to only what is absolutely necessary. In other words, a completely counterproductive comment that will result in bigtime lost sales.

Nods in agreement.....yes

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

So if you can buy and download the bundle, why can't you download the individual items when DAZ offers them for sale?
    Or does the bundle not download properly?
    Can I buy the bundle, download the lady bug and the wasp that I've already paid for, then get a refund on the bundle?

The spider looks nice, but not $24 worth of nice!

• Darn...got stung by the wasp. I wish I'd have seen this post before I picked up the wasp. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,941
    edited November 2017

...yeah, neither the Ladybug or Wasp show up in the DIM either.  I really want to be able to download these as I cannot afford the bundle and not into some of the other critters it includes as well.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • well they are buggy

kyoto kid said:

...yeah, neither the Ladybug or Wasp show up in the DIM either.  I really want to be able to download these as I cannot afford the bundle and not into some of the other critters it includes as well.

Here's what you do (not sure if the sale still covers this, but I was able to do it): put the Creepers Collection and a $1.99 Daz Original (stilll New) in your checkout basket. The Creepers drop down to $9.99 or something, and the whole thing can be had for 11.99 or something -- minus the individual creepers' cost (if you bought any) that you get refunded (after you ask for a refund).