Purchased new content with no way to download

2»

Comments

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    Petercat said:

So if you can buy and download the bundle, why can't you download the individual items when DAZ offers them for sale?
    Or does the bundle not download properly?
    Can I buy the bundle, download the lady bug and the wasp that I've already paid for, then get a refund on the bundle?

The spider looks nice, but not $24 worth of nice!

It was most likely a programming error. One that happened 11 days ago, and now again. Nothing fixed, in other words. The same coding error was allowed to repeat itself. Yes, buy the bundle, get a refund .... see my post above this one.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643
    edited November 2017
    Petercat said:

So if you can buy and download the bundle, why can't you download the individual items when DAZ offers them for sale?
    Or does the bundle not download properly?
    Can I buy the bundle, download the lady bug and the wasp that I've already paid for, then get a refund on the bundle?

The spider looks nice, but not $24 worth of nice!

If you buy the bundle it only downloads as a complete item. There are no seperate downloads for the individual bugs.

Edit to add screen shot

creeper_collection.jpg
    990 x 656 - 148K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited November 2017

Fool me twice....shame on me.  I guess I should have known better than to pick up the wasp and lady bug after the other bug snafu the week before.  Now I'm waiting to hear from them about my refund since this happened over the weekend.  I don't want the bundle since there are bugs in there I'm not interested in, and the price of the bundle is way more than the price of the individual bugs with PC pricing.  So no, no bug bundle.

Post edited by sapat on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643
    edited November 2017

What is really surprising is that they are still up for purchase in the store.

lady bug.jpg
    1307 x 615 - 121K
    wasp.jpg
    1303 x 739 - 152K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on

What is really surprising is that they are still up for purchase in the store.

Right?  Geez....

• I've flagged those two up

I've flagged those two up

yes

• I've flagged those two up

Does this mean they're going to vanish until whenever they all get fixed? I have the same two critters in my cart for buying later tonight. Looks like I'll have to do some (more!) cart juggling...

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,633

I just heard back from support and the purchase price was refunded as a store credit and the critters have poofed again.

I just heard back from support and the purchase price was refunded as a store credit and the critters have poofed again.

Yeah, was just coming to say the same thing.  Customer service told me they refunded my purchase price.  I gave them a 'bad I'm unsatisfied' service rating.  I told them this is the 2nd time in a week that bugs have gone live in the store that weren't meant to.  People see them and buy them, only to find they can't download them.....etc etc.  I asked why they can't just make individual bugs available and stop forcing that bundle of old bugs on us when most of us only want 2 or 3 out of the whole lot.  I also told them they might want to let their IT person know about the issue so they can fix it.

We'll see if they reply......wink

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,941

...trouble is all I want is the Ladybug and Wasp, and was waiting for them to be sold as singles. Currently I'm only out 2.78$ for the two instead of 9.20$ for the collection (after the 2.78$ refund for the two I bought).  I'm on a fixed income and only purchase what I actually plan to use.

Also the last several "new" PC item releases have been for G8 which I am not buying into as it would take more than I can afford to bring the new figure to the level of usefulness where I already have G2 and G3 at.  I am now on a fixed retirement income so I have to watrch my spoending and won't buy anything that won't get used. 

kyoto kid said:

...trouble is all I want is the Ladybug and Wasp, and was waiting for them to be sold as singles. Currently I'm only out 2.78$ for the two instead of 9.20$ for the collection (after the 2.78$ refund for the two I bought).  I'm on a fixed income and only purchase what I actually plan to use.

Also the last several "new" PC item releases have been for G8 which I am not buying into as it would take more than I can afford to bring the new figure to the level of usefulness where I already have G2 and G3 at.  I am now on a fixed retirement income so I have to watrch my spoending and won't buy anything that won't get used. 

That's what I tried to buy this past Sunday....the ladybug and wasp.  I'm also on fixed income so am in the same boat.  Only want a couple of them.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited November 2017

Hey wait a minute. This is what I paid yesterday:

Creepers Collection: The Lady Bug 16183 1 $0.79
    Creepers Collection: The Wasp 16180 1 $0.80

In my account today was a .61 credit. That better NOT be for the bugs as they owe me more than that! What the heck is going on?  Did any of you get a store credit for bugs?

Post edited by Novica on
  • I believe the $0.61 credit is a price correction on the Brr texture set, which was initially set too high.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Thanks Richard,you are helpful as always.

edited November 2017

...entered a ticket and instead of getting the DL link, I was given a refund.  That was not what I asked for. 

What I found more interesting was before I checked for a refund I first looked at the order again and there were download buttons which were not there there before.  however when I clicked on one it took me to my product library but the Wasp and Ladybug disappeard from the library list.  Really disappointed as I really wanted just these two since they fit with ideas I have for scenes and that 2.78$ which is now store credit would have bought me a day ticket on our local transit system.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...entered a ticket and instead of getting the DL link, I was given a refund.  That was not what I asked for. 

What I found more interesting was before I checked for a refund I first looked at the order again and there were download buttons which were not there there before.  however when I clicked on one it took me to my product library but the Wasp and Ladybug disappeard from the library list.  Really disappointed as I really wanted just these two since they fit with ideas I have for scenes and that 2.78$ which is now store credit would have bought me a day ticket on our local transit system.

Ask them to refund to your payment method. In the past I've specifically requested this in the ticket itself and still had the refund dumped to store credit which is unacceptable.

• I take it the bugs are well and truly bugged?

• May I add my two cents worth? Two points, one cent each:  
    Last Sept 2, I bought Le Passage by Daz Originals, Anima Gemini, & RuntimeDNA, which I was really excited about - but the same thing happened. They offered no explanation when I asked why.
    I also bought the wasp and ladybug a few days ago, and when I asked why there were no download links, they said the products were released without the files (whatever that means).  
    I'm not angry about mistakes, especially during busy times, amazing sales and beautiful products. We can't accuse them of not caring about their customers.  

I'm just frustrated over their lack of explanations.
    I have a right to know what their problems are, considering I spend hours going over buying options vs my budget, and what props might fit well with book cover ideas, etc. I PLAN over these purchases!
    Having an item drop from my list after purchasing it is infuriating. Yet they don't feel a duty to fill us in on the details of these mistakes. We're participants, not grocery customers. At least I thought this was a community of sorts. Oh well.

...what "bugs" me about the whole matter is I really wanted just these two and was excited to see them available individually.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

Well, I certainly hope someone at DAZ reads this.

This non-downloadable Ladybug was the last straw.

At the moment I try to get my wishlist down,  buying things I really need or wish, deleting the rest, and if I have accomplished that, there will be minimal buyings next year, absolutely minimal, just what I really, really need, no more PC membership or whatever, as I'm fed up with the erratic behavior of this store and loosing valuable time over this store/sales nonsense. I left thousands of dollars here over the years, and not counting my equally valuable working time, which I could have used to do something useful (like, doing a render, instead of just playing shopping cart mumbo-jumbo). My firm resolve for 2018. This will be the last sale I allowed myself to be lured into. After that, either I have an empty wishlist, or the rest of my wishlist waits till it goes to fast grab. And that's it.

By the way, I will definitely NOT buy a whole collection if all I need is a part of this. And not waiting for DAZ to make these single bugs again, as I already found a perfectly usable free ladybug online. These glitches really give me useful ideas ... saving money as well.

By the way, I will definitely NOT buy a whole collection if all I need is a part of this. And not waiting for DAZ to make these single bugs again, as I already found a perfectly usable free ladybug online. These glitches really give me useful ideas ... saving money as well.

Yeah, same for me.  I"m over the whole 'creepers' thing now.  Their email saying 'I apologize for the trouble. they were released without the files and have been disabled in the store'.   Well, I've bought and paid for them, just release the files so I can download them.  Like you, I'm NOT buying the collection.  I'll look for free bugs somewhere on the net.  Maybe I'll find the same ladybug you found, and perhaps a wasp. sad

There's one in non-DAZ-formats, but it contains an obj, and the non-obj-packages contain the textures, you can work with that.