Looking for someone to train me in DAZ

squirtsquirt Posts: 159
edited November 2017 in The Commons

LOOKING FOR A DAZ 4.10 TRAINER!!

I just downloaded the DAZ 4.10 and was wanting to learn how to interface with it.

I noticed that my Install Manager has an option in the Applications for DAZ 4.5+ but no DAZ 4.10 so I'm not off to a good start here.

I'm willing to pay money via Paypal and interact using Skype.

Please Private Message me if you are interested.

Post edited by squirt on

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I'm sure the community can help you out if you have any specific questions. :) This community is very friendly and usually happy to help.

• squirtsquirt Posts: 159
    edited November 2017

Well... We'll see...  Like I said, I'm not off to a good start here..  Install Manager doesn't seem to even recognize DAZ 4.10 yet.

Perhaps I was just born under a bad star?

Post edited by squirt on

Here's some examples:

And I don't see any option for DAZ 4.10 in there.

Fayaa2.jpg
    1421 x 804 - 539K
    Fayaa2a.jpg
    1421 x 804 - 549K
  • 4.5+ is the correct option. 4.10 is four point ten, not four point one.

• Yes that all looks fine.

4.5+ is the correct option. 4.10 is four point ten, not four point one.

I know, it was a typo

So.. Anyone want to make some money?

Yes that all looks fine.

If everything is fine then why can't I put content into this new 4.X  ?

I mean, perhaps I can, but I'm just too new to understand how.

• squirt said:

Yes that all looks fine.

You can. Choosing the 4.5+ option will install into your 4.10 installation.

Yes that all looks fine.

You can. Choosing the 4.5+ option will install into your 4.10 installation.

Really?  Because when I choose a DAZ product in the IM it automatically sends it over to Poser and ignores DAZ..

So...  How do I open the magic door Agent Unawares????????????????????????????

• Your Applications tab has some weird paths but they shouldn't be making anything install wrong.

Take a screenshot of your Installation tab in the DIM settings, you might have that pointed in the wrong place.

edited November 2017

Ok, and thanks a lot for the help..

Here it is...

Fayaa2aa.jpg
    1421 x 804 - 530K
    Post edited by squirt on
  • No worries. That looks like a normal content directory.

Open DAZ Studio and go to Edit>Preferences. Click the Content tab and the Content Directory Manager button. Expand DAZ Studio Formats and check the directory.

If it is not the same as what you have in your DIM screenshot, highlight it and choose Edit under Directory, and choose the same folder as your DIM is installing to.

screenshot.png
    984 x 677 - 84K

Well....  I don't know which one to choose....  Which path would you choose?

Fayaa2aaa.jpg
    1421 x 804 - 385K
  • If you think there might be content installed to those already, I would leave them and just highlight DAZ Studio Formats and click Add... to add your DIM folder as a new directory. If you know there is nothing in them you can delete them.

If you think there might be content installed to those already, I would leave them and just highlight DAZ Studio Formats and click Add... to add your DIM folder as a new directory. If you know

I've installed a ton of stuff already.. Most of it to Poser Pro 2012.   But I'm sure some stuff probably spilled over to the other Daz locations.. I guess...

I've clicked Add like you said.. But it wants more information..  What do I do next?  Because...  I'm scared now..  Yes I am. crying

Fayaa2aaaa.jpg
    1421 x 804 - 453K
  • Haha, it's no big deal.

Browse to C:/Users/Public/Documents/Daz Content and then hit Select Folder.

Or instead of browsing you can just copy and paste this: C:/Users/Public/Documents/Daz Content

Yeah!!!!  A lot of my stuff is showing up on the DAZ program now!!!  And I was able to send a old DAZ file in the Install Manager right over to it!!!!!

Great job Agent!!!!...   Now please let me give you my money!!

If you wont accept it.. Do you know of anyone else who is in the market to helpl me get past my teething pains.   If I do this myself it will take me months to get up to competency.  If somebody trains me, say an hour here and an  hour there..  I'd be up to speed in weeks instead.

I'm for real on the money offer if you've got the time or have a friend on these forums who does.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

A lot of us are willing to help out new people for free when we can. I think of it as paying it farward, because I also get a lot of help on the forums. Just post any questions you have here.

• Stop clowning.

Save your money for all the content you'll need to buy from the store.

No matter how much money you have today, you will run out and learn to use the greatest Daz tool ever....THE WISHLIST.      lol

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 564

Any time! Just keep in touch!

A lot of us are willing to help out new people for free when we can. I think of it as paying it farward, because I also get a lot of help on the forums. Just post any questions you have here.

Just is the magic word..  I'd be posting questions to the point of making you all sick.. And that's not what I wish to do.   Besides, verbal communication beats forum posts by a mile due to the way things can be expressed vs. the confusion that two different nomenclatures can bring about, not to mention the lag in response time.

A trainer can help a person see the forest for the trees.. Right now I only see a huge amount of trees..  This is why I've put out the help request here. 

I figure, if you've got the money and wish to cut out hour upon hour of frustration, why not spend it?    Why not give it to somebody and let them go buy themselves a nice juicy steak?  So please forgive me if I pass on wanting to do things the very long drawn out frustrating way.

edited November 2017

Stop clowning.

Save your money for all the content you'll need to buy from the store.

No matter how much money you have today, you will run out and learn to use the greatest Daz tool ever....THE WISHLIST.      lol

I'm not clowning my friend.  I'm dead serious.

I've already bought a ton of content as it through Poser.  Now I just need to be taught how to use it in DAZ.

And I'm no stranger to the Wishlist either my friend rest assured. ;)

Post edited by squirt on
  • Besides that, someone is ALWAYS on the forum.

You can get help and answers to your question(s) pretty fast..

If you use google and search with DAZ first like....

"Daz renders are black" you'll find plenty of links and results.

There's nothing you'll be doing that others haven't struggled with before.

Help is here.

If you simply MUST spend money- use it and the skype session to learn important stuff and advanced techniques.

Not the basics. You should have a little pateince before you try and master something so vast and deep.

'Specially when you don't need to know EVERYTHING to make some cool renders....

The BEST way to learn is make a small effort to find the answer(s) on your own and if you get stumped, ask.

No question is too small or unimportant.

avxp said:

Besides that, someone is ALWAYS on the forum.

You can get help and answers to your question(s) pretty fast..

If you use google and search with DAZ first like....

"Daz renders are black" you'll find plenty of links and results.

There's nothing you'll be doing that others haven't struggled with before.

Help is here.

If you simply MUST spend money- use it and the skype session to learn important stuff and advanced techniques.

Not the basics. You should have a little pateince before you try and master something so vast and deep.

'Specially when you don't need to know EVERYTHING to make some cool renders....

The BEST way to learn is make a small effort to find the answer(s) on your own and if you get stumped, ask.

No question is too small or unimportant.

Skype sessions you say?  That's what I said I'd be willing to do on the very first post.

Once I'm up and running the advanced stuff I can figure out later.   It's the getting past the teething stage that I don't like.  That's enough to make me want to quit so I'm trying to circumvent that proclivity of mine.   

If you really want to spend money to learn though, have a gander here
    https://www.daz3d.com/dreamlight
    There is some great tutorials for sale by dreamlight.

If you really want to spend money to learn though, have a gander here
    https://www.daz3d.com/dreamlight
    There is some great tutorials for sale by dreamlight.

Thanks a lot for the advice TheKD... And I mean that...

But I'm looking for a Tutor, not a tutorial.

• I will always help people for free, and like others are saying there are many other people who will help you as well. It's a really good thing to have problems worked out in the forums, that way you're more likely to find someone who has experience, and when someone else has the same problem later they can look it up. I've had a lot of my issues solved this way by people who came before me. The DAZ community is on the whole extremely friendly.

I don't really know of anyone who does one-on-one training. Some people like Dreamlight's tutorials, and there are other tutorials sold by DAZ as well, but not much fundamental beginner stuff. I would Skype you to help but I dislike verbal communication about as much as you seem to prefer it. My gaffes are a hundred times worse when I don't have time to edit. angel

edited November 2017

Well Agent..  I would go something like this if I must be the one who removes the fog. 

Using skype they would call my skype account.  

Then they talk and they point and I do what they do...  Or I ask questions and they answer them and can even give immediate examples..

It ain't rocket science.

Post edited by squirt on

Yeah, the closest I have heard to tutoring, is online webinars. Maybe you will get lucky though, and find someone willing. Good luck.