What are you a sucker for? ie what are you addicted to buying?

So.. I have realized I am a sucker for pretty much any "bob" hair cut that comes along. I just can't have enough "bobs". I know I already have enough... but when I see a new one, I just need to buy it. How about you? Is there a particular type of product that makes you loose arguements with your rational side? I'm curious to know if I am alone in this type of affliction. wink

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Unique things make me part with my money pretty fast. Unique characters, unique ways of rendering (like Sketchy), etc. Products that you just don't see things like it every day. 

These days (now that I'm working toward becoming a PA), things that are Merchant Resources are a lot more likely to get me to part with my money than things that aren't Merchant Resources.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,941

...there are actually two types of items.

1. Urban sets as I prefer to create city scenes from normal day to day city life to grungy gritty cyber apocolypse settings (probably gives away who my favourite PA is). It can be expansive urban environments like Urban Sprawl 3, vignettes like bus stops, sidewalk cafes, and courtyards, or props like one would usually find along a city street  like telephone boxes, lamp posts, signs, postboxes, dustbins, litter, etc. I also mix old, modern, and even futuristic sets together as cities are often an eclectic mix of periods and styles.

2. Merchant resource kits, particularly morphs and shaping.  I prefer to create my own characters rather than use stock ones and these resources offer almost endless possibilities for custom character design.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Heels, blushblush I have nearly every high heel from every store for G3F and now I am starting my G8 collection, LOL

• Alien or space stuff!

Even though I;m not utilizing what I already have!!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940
    edited November 2017

Morphs from Zev0, clothing from Dogz, Characters from Saiyaness (vendor I only recently discovered), hair from AprilYSH, Iray car materials form Dumor3D, shaders from Mec4D,

Post edited by barbult on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited November 2017

Food props.  I love food props for some reason. The more realistic the better. If it is holiday food even better.

Bedroom sets. My characters spend a lot of time in bed, I guess.

'Junk and trash'  I always look for litter to clutter up a scene.

Adult male figures. I buy them. What can I say. I think I own nearly all of them.

Male hair. Unless its a mohawk. I own it.

Socks. I just think 3d socks are so cute.

up until recently I also had a serious HDRI addiction. I think I've curbed that though.

Oh... And SHOWERS. I love them.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

If dForce ever becomes really good for future hair & clothing I am liable to get addicted to those products but otherwise I tend to buy a mix of genres and functionality - historical, professions, animals, people, landcapes, architecture, plants, food, cars, clothing, real & fantasy. About the only thing I don't go for is the horror genres (unless it's childishly toony & Halloween in scope) unless the ad copy makes it clear I can re-purpose as non-horror.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Oh, shaders. I like them too. Although I have enough metal ones. For some reason, I think I have 5-6 metallic sets.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Sets and props. Particularly if they aren't ultra-modern. Doesn't have to be a *specific* period, but 19th to mid 20th century will cover most of the bases (although I'll probably snatch up anything Faveral comes out with as well. Or Merlin). Ultra-modern just isn't a style that I can see building an illustration in.

Yeah, and food props. Never can tell when I'm going to have to depict a meal. 

Shaders. Historical clothing (real, not cosplay historical, if I can find it). Rather a lot of stuff. 

Too much, to be honest.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Tools and scripts that make what I've already got go further (Skin Builder, SimTenero Randomiser etc), tools and scripts that save me work and let me get on with other stuff (Batch Renderer, Ultra Scatter etc), certain merchant resources, certain tutorials, products that can breathe new life into older products (UHT Hair Shaders etc), modern day urban environments of the non-apolyptic variety, everyday props and clothing, timeless environments that don't nod towards any particular era, modular environments that can be put together in many different ways (MICK etc) and low-resource products that can ease the burden on my low-spec machine without producing low-spec results.

• PennamePenname Posts: 343

City streets, shoes and boots, trains, shaders, building interiors ... anything creepy (have to have something hiding in those corners) ...  some days I have trouble leaving anything in the store.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited November 2017

Specially exotic hairs, shaders, creatures and all customization tools for genesis, genesis 2, genesis 3 and genesis 8.

Also: I love to buy for bronze age civilizations like mesopotamian, minoic, egyptian and celts (for dark fairiy tales and dramatic fantasy).

Recently I buy all art deco and art noveau from 1900 to 1910s era (for Cthulhu like lnspired horror, mistery and witches). 

Collected a lot for Buffy like stuff from 1989 to 1999 (teen supernatural theme, XX century cities and small towns, skaters, bikes, werewolves, demons, vampires, angels..).

I am always specially interested on shopping everything from dystopian and early future mixed with alien visitors and extaterrestrial worlds. (survival horror, Alien, Mad Max, Doctor Who like, Guardians of the Galaxy, Valerian, Star wars like... remotely free inspirations adapted to what I call: Mature Goreish Space Opera)

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,941

...yeah been working on scenes as well as a major storyline that takes place in Europe which are all set in a near future cyber/corporate dsytopia.  Just about any period of architecture from about the middle ages on to SF modern works.  The original Bladerunner as well as the city scenes from Fifth Element and Dredd are major influences.

• I find that I forget what I own - more often - and keep buying items to fit an already filled role.

I have about a dozen cocktail dresses now- all for one moment.

While my men are wearing the same clothes, in different colors, cause you know-

nobody needs clothes for men.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,421

Shaders and textures, hair, morphs (200+ and ZevO) and Feral Fey poses. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Good shaders and utilities
    Good quality hair, mostly complex or unsual ones as I have a pretty extensive library already
    Plants and/or nature sets. You can never have too many plants.
    Awesome sets by artists like Stonemason, Faveral, Merlin, Jack Tomalin, Sloshwerks and various others producers of high-quality content
    Historical / fantasy / goth non-skimpware clothing. Well, and Aeon Soul clothes, even when it's skimpware ;)
    Jewelry
    Characters with unusual features and/or makeup

• I'm a sucker for any kind of ponytail, braid, bun - my Daz women almost never wear their hair down.  I have ponytails dating back to V3 that I'll still use on background characters (strike ponytail, doesn't look good up close nowadays).   I'll pretty much buy any hair that OutofTouch releases without question, ponytail or not, though.  

• Anything to make or add to accurate city, town or suburb street scenes.  

• I do tend to buy a lot of updo hairs product,  I'm not sure why...

• 1) Addons and supplements to DAZ Studio (scripts, shaders, lights etc.); that is things that extend the general usefullnes of DS.

2) Large oudoor environments and animals

• Everything and anything.  I am full-on addicted

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

Hair. All of it. Even stuff id probably never use and likely still havent but i want it all. 

HDRIs. I seem to be collecting them and didnt really realize it lol

Stonemason, everything non sci fi i either buy or is on my list to buy, slowly whittling away at his catalog.

Ron's brushes. Addicted to buying them, barely use them often but always purchase them lol.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

'Regular people' stuff.

I have almost no interest in glamor shots and cheesecake, so anything with regular clothes, or skins, or whatever? Love that.

Items with a lot of broad use or kitbashing. Parts, doors, houses, shaders...

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

hair: especially love ponytails.

stonemason, yeah, I'm a big fat sucker for that.

clothing.... the skimpier the better, (oh... is that a new bikini that I see? need that.)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,933

I would say "real world" type products, be they clothing, sets, props, poses, materials or morphs, as that's what I gravitate most towards, but the truth is that I buy a lot of everything. Way too much of everything, really.  I'm less than 50 items away from crossing 10,000 items in my runtime from DAZ alone and have easily that much again in products from other stores and freebies, and I keep adding to the stack.  I foolishly thought I'd slow down a bit when the G8F and G8M came out, as I really don't like them as much as the G3s and G2s... but the G3s and G2s have been constantly on sale at ccrazy discounts, so...       

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

I am a sucker for a bargain. If there is a huge percentage off it, then I struggle to resist, even if I am sure I will never use it.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,514
    edited November 2017
    avxp said:

While my men are wearing the same clothes, in different colors, cause you know-

nobody needs clothes for men.

LOL, this resonates with me so much right now as I have searching my library for men's clothes recently... laugh

Back to the question... I am a sucker for goth and steampunk smiley

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Sucker, keeping my cash. :)

But Hair is something I really like; OOT hair is my favourite, but also like Swam, Slosh, AprilYSH and Goldtassel.

Characters if they offer something different or especially good value (and don't use merchant resources).

Interesting vignettes.

Zev0 stuff; whilst I don't own all by any means, I do own a lot.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Anything Medieval or Fantasy.  Weapons. Poses for characters using weapons (of which there are not nearly enough!) Dragons and dinosaurs. Any utility that will allow me to get more and diverse use out of what I already have. Shaders.  Oh my gosh, I could probably redo almost everything in the shop and not use the same darn shader more than once lol. And if I don't have one available its in the wishlist. Castles.  Inside and outside.  One can't ever own enough castle stuff. Special effects, especially magical ones.  did I mention Dragons?  IIRC there are only three dragons left in the store that I do not own.

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115

Shaders are my downfall, hair is a close second.  I like sets and drool over Stonemason's, maybe some day I'll win the lottery and will be able to buy all the Stonemason sets I want!  I like plants too although I don't use them nearly enough.