What are you a sucker for? ie what are you addicted to buying?

2»

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126

Environments/sets; prop sets; shader presets; and <sigh> tutorials.

• Breast morphs.

Male content, all of the hair, most of the characters, less of the clothing.

Short hair, unique hairstyles, hair with good movement morphs.

Shaders and materials packs, especially skin settings.

Makeup, including characters whose makeup is usable with other skins.

Throwbacks to 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and retro sci-fi.

Dystopian/post-apocalyptic stuff.

Any character skin I know is made from scratch, not based off existing merchant resources.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited November 2017

Shoes. I have actually bought outfits just because I like the included shoes. I've also passed on outfits based on shoes or lack of shoes.

The other items I buy are to stretch my purchases....so resources like shaders, Photoshop brushes, and utilities (fit, conversion, skin, eyes, teeth, shaping, posing, etc), lie presets for things like tattoos,  and makeups. It's a real bonus when I come across a character that includes some lie presets.

For clothing, I like to purchase items with multiple pieces. These are more valuable to me as I like to kit bash. I also like lots of material zones...again I'm thinking of kit bash potential. I also like to purchase items with several texutes included.... sometimes a texture can make or break the way a mesh looks.  Adjustment morphs are also a big plus. I also like to purchase unique items. I try not to buy the same outfit another name...unless there are some really cool shoes included LOL.

I also like hair items but I'm not just looking at the hair but what adjustments are built into the hair...styles, wind, etc. Textures aren't as big a deal as I  use hair shaders on pretty much any hair these days. I do prefer hairs that fit several generations as opposed to just the current newest. That fit comment goes for clothing, shoes and characters....multiple generations is a big plus.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • GatorGator Posts: 1,293

Lots of stuff.  Scenes, clothing, shoes.  Mostly if the sale price is good and the product quality looks good I'll get hooked.  

Like Pixel8ted I may kitbash, and it is handy to have a big library to pull different things from.  I dunno if my library qualifies as big (probably not) but I'm trying.  wink

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Oh, I forgot to add retro style pin-up stuff. Clothing, hair, poses, etc. Retro pin-up like Elvgren's art is my weakness - so anything that's made to look like pin-ups from that era, that's likely to get my money.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911
    edited November 2017

Characters with unique faces (read: asymmetric features/options) or skins that are different-looking. I don't often buy characters for their shapes anymore unless the shape is really beautiful or different. If a character's skin appeals to me, though, I'm quite likely to buy just for that.

Casual clothes. I can never have enough t-shirts, sneakers, or everyday pants and skirts. 

Dinosaurs. Gotta have dinosaurs. cheeky

EDIT: Ooh, and non-super-sexified sci-fi and fantasy stuff, when it chances to appear in the store. 

Post edited by Quixotry on
  • Architecture like houses with complete interior. Spaceship cockpits. Everything, that makes a figure more realistic, like bending controlls.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2017

Greetings,

Gazebos.  (Gazeboes?  Either, I guess...)  I'm seriously addicted to these things; I want a real one in my back yard, and I buy every 3D one that comes out, and some things that are only vaguely gazebo-like.

I join the OP in being addicted to short haircuts.  'Rosity recently had one (Aloe) which was in my cart before I realized it was on sale...  Two of my fave-ever hairs were Taylor and Pyrit.

Shorts; the shorter the better, but not to the point of being panties.  They still have to have the basic form factor of shorts.  It's a weakness.

There are PA's that I buy almost everything they release, but that doesn't seem to be the gist of this question...

Oh!  Slouch and ankle boots...  I don't like the fetish-y ones, but good everyday slouch boots and ankle-boots are an addiction.  I legit have to keep from complimenting women in the real world on their boots, as I'm fairly sure it comes across as creepy.  It's not a 'thing', and I'm not flirting; I just find those kinds of boots super stylish, and they trip my inner fashion geek.

I seem to acquire libraries and book-related items pretty consistently, but I'll forebear if the quality level isn't up to par.

But I'll buy pretty much any gazebo put on sale.

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • The list is long. Primarily I am now buying sets/ environments.  Anything modern or sci fi.  Sometimes fantasy or historical if it’s really good quality and it inspires me.  

Well designed and realistic clothing is next.  Not into skimpwear or “strategic cutouts”  got more than enough of that already.  I will ALWAYS be on the watch for well made male clothing as there is never enough of it. Particularly contemporary genre stuff.  Also shoes and boots for both genders.

After that it’s well made hair.  Give me lots of movement and style morphs please.  Would rather the product come with those over color options any day as I have plenty of excellent hair shaders.

The release of Genesis 8 has been interesting. Mostly due to the backwards compatibility aspect.  Thanks to all the wonderful tutorials and the UV map product releases I have been able to bring all the G3 characters I reallly enjoyed using over to the new figure.  This includes all my custom created ones as well. Now I am much more interested in merchant resource materials for G8 .

• I love the SF vehicles especially stuff by Pedipas.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853

I pretty much go for anything that I see that I like. But mostly I go for Fantasy, SciFi, Shaders, Morph tools.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

Hair is a biggie because I don't really have any way to 'fake it' or do it myself, they are incredibly varied and distinctive, and it's a major part of the look of a person.

Only so many helmets and hats you can use!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm a sucker for matching M/F outfits. Uniforms, 'shipsuits', bandit / outlaw outfits, fighting gear, regular clothes, whatever. But if it's M only or F only, I ain't interested.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Bodyhair products. Hairstyles with good hairlinese. Morphs.

• Hair and stuff for male figures: clothes, skins, morphs that can be used to mix new characters. I used to buy a lot of environments, but now that I'm learning to model everytime I see some thing nice, I think: I could probably make that myself with a little effort.

• Plants.  I used to say "You can't have too many 3D plant models", but nowadays I actually think it might be possible.  I have so many now that it would be difficult to quantify.  One of my hard disks (there are 14 connected to my Mac including 2 internal) has 3GB of plant models on it as I just checked.  I have not checked the other disks but I know they have some too.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,943

...oh and whimsical stuff as well as AntFarm's bots along with anything Fey (they're not just fantasy).

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited November 2017

This.

https://www.daz3d.com/desert-scout-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s

I have no idea why I keep buying every variation of this same outfit.

I don't know if it's the hood, but the hood and shoulders....

I dunno, I dunno....

I could probably kit bash a million of these from all the leather suits I have.

EVERY elf suit with the hood...

Archers....

And the shoes are boots/flats so it's actually pretty realistic....

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I have been reminded by others posts that I am a total sucker for throwback retro clothes. Love anything from the 30's and 40's. And dforce is now making the 20's an amazing amount of fun. Swinging fringe is awesome!

If we could sell used content... I now have more Gazebo's than I care for CyberFox. I'd happily give quite a few. ;-)

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420

Monsters! Although in my reality such creatures turn out to be more for comic relief.

Far-out-Fashionista.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 129K
    Sic'em.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 49K
  • Female bodysuits. Not the high tech mecha types nor the slutty stripper ones, but the more natural yoga outfits, leotards, running tights, and one piece swimsuits. Basically, if it tastefully shows off and complements the female form, I'll certainly consider buying it.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

Without doubt, I am a sucker for Head and Body Morph Kits. Handspun Studios/Thorne, Shape Shift, Growing Up you name it, i'll buy it. I love customization and doing my own thing. The more I have the bigger my toolbox and there's alway room for one more tool.

I also like script products espically from Riversoft and Sim Tenero.

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 301

There are a lot, but foremost is anything that "works" with child characters.  

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147

Medical props or sets, and electronic props (like Tv's or computers). Any modern or semi-furturistic set that's not a bedroom or living room, I have enough of those.

I'm also snatching up whatever remaining G1 outfits and hair I don't have if it's at a really steep discount.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the off one shoulder tops, bit of a fetish. blush