black friday 'free' items never showing as free

I tried adding one, I tried adding 2, i tried every four hours, empty cart, relog in.... not free, not once. Anyone else? haven't gotten a single one. 

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

When you put one in your cart, it's not showing up as free?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That's weird, its worked correctly for me.  Are you just putting the free item in the cart and nothging else?

• Any help on this? I too am experiencing the same thing... I added an item from it's own list and it shows as $40???

Matches said:

Any help on this? I too am experiencing the same thing... I added an item from it's own list and it shows as $40???

What did you put in your cart? None of the current freebies are $40:

(Note those freebies will change to different freebies in about an hour from now.)

• I have the same problem

• Try refrshing your cart, if that fails try logging out and back in again, and if that fails please post a screen-shot of your cart.

• Sorry, it doesn't work

Screen.jpg
    1649 x 917 - 163K
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,707
    edited November 2017

Sorry, it doesn't work

That's not one of the things that has been free. That would be a good reason for it not being free. These: https://www.daz3d.com/thxgvngfre1238491#index=0 are the current free things. Try putting one of them in your cart.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Its intermittent for me, I got the garage last go around fine but this time the industrial storage shows up at 2.99.

Capture1.JPG
    3620 x 1146 - 187K
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,707
    edited November 2017

Its intermittent for me, I got the garage last go around fine but this time the industrial storage shows up at 2.99.

The garage and the industrial storage are both in the current set. You can only get one freebie with no purchase once. If you want to get another freebie you have to buy a new relese with it.

Edit: There will be a new set up in about an hour and a half from this posting.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited November 2017

Its intermittent for me, I got the garage last go around fine but this time the industrial storage shows up at 2.99.

If you mean the Garage Hideout (https://www.daz3d.com/garage-hideout-20922) it is in the same 4-hour slot as the Industrial Storage - you're only allowed one free per 4-hour slot unless you buy a new product in which case you get to choose another 3 items for free.

ETA: Oops, zombietaggerung just beat me to it. I must type too slowly.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,129

You can only get one free item without purchase per batch. The garage is in the same batch as the storage, so this would be your second. You can get the rest (3 per checkout) for free with purchase of any new item.

• Click "proceed to checkout". Price changes, should be 0 $ there.

• Ati said:

You can only get one free item without purchase per batch. The garage is in the same batch as the storage, so this would be your second. You can get the rest (3 per checkout) for free with purchase of any new item.

ah, that makes sense, the system hid the one I bought..so does Daz add items intermittently to what is free sooner than every 4 hours though? I could swear some of those other items were not there when I "purchased" the garage..

• MelanieL said:

If you mean the Garage Hideout (https://www.daz3d.com/garage-hideout-20922) it is in the same 4-hour slot as the Industrial Storage - you're only allowed one free per 4-hour slot unless you buy a new product in which case you get to choose another 3 items for free.

lol..thx, the system hid the garage, makes sense..but didn't notice some of those other items when I "purchased" it though..

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220

My problem is that I own too much DAZ stuff. I can never get three free with a purchase because I only have two offered.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    bwaomega said:

My problem is that I own too much DAZ stuff. I can never get three free with a purchase because I only have two offered.

So only get the two.  Since it's *up to* three free.  And if you're only getting one, then you don't need to make a purchase. :)

• ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209
    bwaomega said:

Hmzzz, some problems are avoidable.....but why would you wanna :-)!

Greets, ArtisanS

MelanieL said:

lol..thx, the system hid the garage, makes sense..but didn't notice some of those other items when I "purchased" it though..

They don't, the items stay the same within the 4 hour period, BUT the promo page can be tricky. I haven't heard this from anyone, but for me, it sometimes shows certain items, and at other times it does not. It's best to go directly to the free items category, and see the items there: https://www.daz3d.com/thxgvngfre1238491 You can even see the ones you already have here by unchecking the "hide owned" checkbox.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I admit I find the free Black Friday deal thing confusing... Is this free with purchase or free? Without purchase?

I admit I find the free Black Friday deal thing confusing... Is this free with purchase or free? Without purchase?

1 item per batch is free without purchase of anything else.

You can get the rest of the batch for free WITH purchase: one purchase = up to 3 free items

• Ati said:
    MelanieL said:

They don't, the items stay the same within the 4 hour period, BUT the promo page can be tricky. I haven't heard this from anyone, but for me, it sometimes shows certain items, and at other times it does not. It's best to go directly to the free items category, and see the items there: https://www.daz3d.com/thxgvngfre1238491 You can even see the ones you already have here by unchecking the "hide owned" checkbox.

That's way easier, going to bookmark that!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

One item is free without purchase from the Black Friday Freebie list that changes every 4 hours but you can get up to 3 Black Friday Freebies in a 4 hour period for each of the 4 hour periods by buying a product that is New or Still New in the DAZ Store.

• I admit I find the free Black Friday deal thing confusing... Is this free with purchase or free? Without purchase?

This link shows the free items (THX ATI) https://www.daz3d.com/thxgvngfre1238491

you get one free every 4 hours, they change. However if you buy a new release, you get 3 free I think? The details are on the main page..

And a new batch is coming in about 2 minutes, so if you're still looking at items from the current one, then hurry up! :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited November 2017

Ah, well thanks! Looks like I didn't understand about the sale. I thought it was only free with purchase. Oh well I've snagged a few items=-(

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,618

One think I'm not sure of, do you have to buy a new today release to get three items?, can it be a still new release? or even anything that still has it's 30% discount? It's all part of the game of playing the sale, shoud I buy this now or wait and see if I could get something else free later? Will this item still count if I wait till tomorrow? It's fun shopping here!

edited November 2017

One think I'm not sure of, do you have to buy a new today release to get three items?, can it be a still new release? or even anything that still has it's 30% discount? It's all part of the game of playing the sale, shoud I buy this now or wait and see if I could get something else free later? Will this item still count if I wait till tomorrow? It's fun shopping here!

Any new release triggers the three free items. I use this link: https://www.daz3d.com/shop#filter_new=1&filtered=1&order=price^-1

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

One think I'm not sure of, do you have to buy a new today release to get three items?, can it be a still new release? or even anything that still has it's 30% discount?

You need to buy a new item as in "anything with the New banner", so anything released in the past 60 days.

• Free items were worling for up to the latest round where only 1 item shows as free - FW Sushmita HD - regardless if it is 1 item at a time, or if it is 3 "free" in cart at same time + a new release.

Cart 4items.jpg
    1878 x 706 - 159K