samples of my renders - by cosmo

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,669
    edited December 1969

Nice renders. I like the soft shadows.

• Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Good to see the renders of Cosmo alive and well. So Dixie is DX now? She must have been listening to some R&B recently. I know I have.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Good to see the renders of Cosmo alive and well. So Dixie is DX now? She must have been listening to some R&B recently. I know I have.

Hey Hi there,

haven`t read from you a long time :). How are things going?

Yes, Dixie is DX now and still alive and well :) She has gone through some shapings and scalings but in whole she is Dixie :). And yes, I am still doing renders :) It is my most favourite hobby :)

Why Dixie had to hear some R&B songs? Because of DX instead of Dixie? Well DX looked quite better as tattoo as Dixie :) so that was the reason for the shorthand symbol and name :)

edited December 1969

Nice renders. I like the soft shadows.

thank you. For all of my latest renders I have used a AoA ambient lightwith low intensity as base and for indoor renders I use AoA spots, too and for outdoor I use the simple distant light (but the AoA distant light is on my wishlist :) ). For all renders I have parented one AoA spot with low intensity and no shadow on top of the camera, too :)

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Hey Hi there,

Yes, Dixie is DX now and still alive and well :) She has gone through some shapings and scalings but in whole she is Dixie :). And yes, I am still doing renders :) It is my most favourite hobby :)

Why Dixie had to hear some R&B songs? Because of DX instead of Dixie? Well DX looked quite better as tattoo as Dixie :) so that was the reason for the shorthand symbol and name :)

I see. Good work! You know, Dixie could be a tattoo from the 1940's. It's an old cliche in America (tattoo'ing the name of a girlfriend). DX sounds like a rapper or R&B singer. :)

I'm doing ok. Was working long hours at my day job, but not lately. I hope to get back into doing DAZ stuff more and better. Need to practice.

See you around.

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Hey Hi there,

I see. Good work! You know, Dixie could be a tattoo from the 1940's. It's an old cliche in America (tattoo'ing the name of a girlfriend). DX sounds like a rapper or R&B singer. :)

I'm doing ok. Was working long hours at my day job, but not lately. I hope to get back into doing DAZ stuff more and better. Need to practice.

See you around.

See you, too :)

well I do not know if Dixie is into R&B :) If I meet her later the day I will aks her :) and let you know ;)

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Out of the bunch a mirrow nightmare really speaks out by giving me the creeps. Nice concept for that one cos. :)

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

well I do not know if Dixie is into R&B :) If I meet her later the day I will aks her :) and let you know ;)

Thanks, lol. :)

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Thanks, lol. :)

well, I have said I will meet her later the day, well she was away and can`t be found. yesterday I got this picture she send me :) seems that she is on a journey through the worlds largest mountain range :) here is the picture :) when she is back I will ask her :)

dx_-_Himalayas.jpg
    1650 x 875 - 333K
    edited December 1969

No problem. I am glad she is getting to see the world. Something I always wanted to do. :)

edited May 2014

No problem. I am glad she is getting to see the world. Something I always wanted to do. :)

well, she is a tough girl and she does what she wants :)

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

a bit dark mood but not bad I think :)

drowning_1_-_Kopie.jpg
    1650 x 875 - 90K
    edited December 1969

Nice hand fish. I see them in the ponds around here some times. ;)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow, is chilling! Id say thats a spot-on render, complete change of theme coming from your earlier adventurer lol another loverly render. Nice work Cosmo!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Wow, is chilling! Id say thats a spot-on render, complete change of theme coming from your earlier adventurer lol another loverly render. Nice work Cosmo!

well, thank you, but I have some other renders here without Dixie, like the "the wall - tribute" and such but here is a new one with Dixie as huntress not as gatherer

DX_-_past_times.jpg
    1730 x 1125 - 452K
    edited December 1969

you can call me AL

al.jpg
    1050 x 1050 - 362K
    edited May 2014

Dixie on a sunday summer walk through the park

clothes by 3D-Age, Texture by motif both at renderosity
    hair by ali at renderosity
    trees by predatron here at daz
    lamps by faveral here at daz

dx_-_happy_hour_3_-_Kopie.jpg
    1730 x 1125 - 588K
    Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

A picture of the past :)

dx_-_effective_team_1930_-_Kopie.jpg
    1780 x 1150 - 430K
    edited December 1969

the nostalgic version of DX - Memories :)

dx_-_memories_nostalgic_-_Kopie.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 325K
    edited December 1969

a little new one :)

DX_-_AMAZONIA_-_Kopie.jpg
    1730 x 1125 - 404K
    edited December 1969

three new ones :) one shows one of the best bums around :) and two of these shows dixie as screem-queen :)

DX_-_scream_queen_1_-_Kopie.jpg
    1730 x 1125 - 331K
    dx_-_screamqueen_2_-_Kopie.jpg
    1730 x 1125 - 408K
    dx_-_booty_2_-_Kopie.jpg
    1730 x 1125 - 203K
    edited December 1969

aaaand another new one :)

dx_-_discovery.jpg
    1850 x 875 - 487K
    edited December 1969

Dixie rocks the house :)

dx_-_she_rocks_-_Kopie.jpg
    1730 x 1125 - 228K
    edited December 1969

no one an opinion to these images?

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2014

Chased by Raptors is funny, lol.

DX-Discovery looks like a really cool set/scene. Like the render as well.

The "DX-She Rocks" one is really cool as well.
    It works as is, it's really good. or some (not much at all) fog with spotlights shining down on her effect. I have no clue how to do that yet, I have so much to learn. There was a Contest thread regarding "Volume Effects", I have yet to get to that.

"O" I like the "Anomalocaris", nice avatar from the Cambrian.

(EDIT)
    My epic mistake, not Raptors, no big claw.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

Chased by Raptors is funny, lol.

DX-Discovery looks like a really cool set/scene. Like the render as well.

The "DX-She Rocks" one is really cool as well.
    It works as is, it's really good. or some (not much at all) fog with spotlights shining down on her effect. I have no clue how to do that yet, I have so much to learn. There was a Contest thread regarding "Volume Effects", I have yet to get to that.

"O" I like the "Anomalocaris", nice avatar from the Cambrian.

(EDIT)
    My epic mistake, not Raptors, no big claw.

well fog is a tricky thing. there is nerds fog tool deluxe but but you have to experiment a bit :) and then you can get AoA`s cameras it has cameras with fog effects but you also have to read and experiment with it and last but not least...fog is rendertime :) so if you have a graphic program and you want fog, do it postwork :) not the same as rendered but also good, depends on how good you are in such thing :)

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,328
    edited December 1969

Got unsubscribed somehow
    Really nice as usual
    Like Dixie as a jungle queen
    Dixie as a scream queen I can see that happening up till she gets annoyed and puts the lizards in their place
    Like Discovery the architecture and environment are really nice
    She's a girl of many talents for sure

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Many talents, agreed Robert Freise.

The idea of the fog, was for the visible spotlights beaming down on the "Rock Star". Thanks for the insight on the different types of fog effects, I'll get there eventually. Sounds like some of the types may not show the lights coming down on her.

edited December 1969

Many talents, agreed Robert Freise.

The idea of the fog, was for the visible spotlights beaming down on the "Rock Star". Thanks for the insight on the different types of fog effects, I'll get there eventually. Sounds like some of the types may not show the lights coming down on her.

well AoA has a fog camera that shows every ray of light, but if you use it prepare yourself for a long rendertime :)

edited December 1969

Got unsubscribed somehow
    Really nice as usual
    Like Dixie as a jungle queen
    Dixie as a scream queen I can see that happening up till she gets annoyed and puts the lizards in their place
    Like Discovery the architecture and environment are really nice
    She's a girl of many talents for sure

thanks robert :) she has many talents :)