Where are My Download Links

2»

Comments

• Navigate to where? The folder in you previous screenshot is not where the Connect files go (<Connect folder>/Data/Cloud/1_23902/ for the Zoe character)

• tophandtophand Posts: 121

well.....it fixed itself.  Not sure why. I didn't move anything or reinstall anything but Zoe loads fine again

• tophandtophand Posts: 121

ohhhh rats   Sorry Richard. I was not on the computer with the problem.  I have a traumatic brain injury I get confused very easily and memory is an issue

• Hello, I have a question, I bought Midori for Aiko 7 but I'm not able to download it. When I view my order, it doesn't have the “download & install” button that I normally get. Is there a reason for it?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Midori is Connect only so you have to install from within Studio.

• jestmart said:

Midori is Connect only so you have to install from within Studio.

Ohhhhh, okay. Thank you! <3 <3 <3
    Hahhhhh, sorry. I'm still new,....not sure why I didn't think of that.

• I downloaded the General and General exp and required shader and morphs  for M4,yet there are not in the wardrobe section. I see that they downloaded.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I downloaded the General and General exp and required shader and morphs  for M4,yet there are not in the wardrobe section. I see that they downloaded.

Need more details.   which products are you talking about?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

I downloaded the General and General exp and required shader and morphs  for M4,yet there are not in the wardrobe section. I see that they downloaded.

Most M4 items were made way before DAZ introduced Smart Content in DS4, so those products may simply not include metadata to appear in Wardrobe section there.

• The items I am talking about are Army General Uniform Bundle, Army General Uniform Expansion, and Elite Human Surface Expansion Pack 1.  I have all of these and do not see them in my wardrobe.  Any ideas?

• I have buyed FW Honey, I have victoria 7 and in shop it say purchased, but she don't appear in people...

What is the name of the file so I may see if it is installed ?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I have buyed FW Honey, I have victoria 7 and in shop it say purchased, but she don't appear in people...

What is the name of the file so I may see if it is installed ?

If you're looking in "Content Library > Daz Studio Formats" she should be in  "People:Genesis 3 Female:Characters"

If you're looking in Categories or Smart Content she should be in “Figures:People:Female:Real World”

• I had a problem of some kind in that all  my downloaded stuff  from DAZ just kind of diappeared. I went into DIM and all my down loads were that awaiting download and install.Now some of the figures won't open in the main pane. Genesis Female 3 and 8 won't load says that are missing a duff file how can i wfix this.

Thanks JWK

• edited February 2019

I seem to be having similar problems as JWK.  

I've spent over $300 on things and many I can't find in the Content Library.  Anyone have any idea where things are?  Or a good tutorial to find things?

I downloaded and installed throught DIM

OH SHOOOT... I just now accidentally deleted half my things.  I was on the wrong tab.. NOW WHAT DO IT DO???  I don't even know what I uninstalled with DIM.  It is FAST!

I'm such a mess... HEEEEELP  PLEASE!

I tried to open the DAZ interactive tutorial and got an error.  I watched them before... see screen shots.

DAZ_tut_error1.png
    385 x 205 - 11K
    DAZ_tut_error2.png
    600 x 165 - 6K
    Post edited by always2bthankful_5127851257 on
  • I seem to be having similar problems as JWK.  

I've spent over $300 on things and many I can't find in the Content Library.  Anyone have any idea where things are?  Or a good tutorial to find things?

OH SHOOOT... I accidentally deleted half my things.  I was on the wrong tab.. NOW WHAT DO IT DO???  I don't even know what I uninstalled with DIM.  It is FAST!

OH SHOOOT... I just now accidentally deleted half my things.  I was on the wrong tab.. NOW WHAT DO IT DO???  I don't even know what I uninstalled with DIM.  It is FAST!

I tried to open the DAZ interactive tutorial and got an error.  I watched them before... see screen shots.

The unbinstalled things should have gone back to the Ready to Install tab, if you didn't set it to delete the packages after install. The Interactive Lessons are a separate installer to the application and content packages, so make sure they are downloaded and installed.

The unbinstalled things should have gone back to the Ready to Install tab, if you didn't set it to delete the packages after install. The Interactive Lessons are a separate installer to the application and content packages, so make sure they are downloaded and installed.

I do have it set to delete after install... Should I just reinstall EVERYTHING even DAZ program?  Is there a good reason to have both the 32 bit AND the 64 bit version installed?  I have Windows 10.

I do have it set to delete after install... Should I just reinstall EVERYTHING even DAZ program?  Is there a good reason to have both the 32 bit AND the 64 bit version installed?  I have Windows 10.

What you reinstall depends on your needs. 32 bit DS has LipSync, 64 bit doesn't, but the 32 bit version doesn't have Iray and is limited in maximum scene size. If you want LipSync you probably want both, otherwise you may want only the 64 bit version.

• aaalexiaaalexi Posts: 0

There's one thing I want to ask:

If I download and install Genesis 8 Female , then do I need to install the Genesis 8 Female Template files?

What's the difference between them?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

The templates are there if you want to do your own textures for the figure. They won't be installed in Studio.

• LossowLossow Posts: 100

I just bought https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-hall-and-garden and it shows as purchased on the shop page, but despite refreshing DazCental several times it is still not showing up there to be installed.   The Manual download link also does not seem to work on the page, and even if I do manually download I'm not sure how to add it to the librart for Daz 4.12.   Can anyone help?

• Good morning guys

I bought Dolly Braid Hair but for some reason after installing it cant find the items, intead blocks come up and I get a message saying missing files

please advise.

• HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

I just started using Daz Studio tonight, and if I'm reading this thread right, a big part of the problem I'm having is having two file management systems that use different library locations and are sensitive to some feature that makes some of it 'smart.' This seems like really bad product design to me.

Although I have installed it twice, Daz Central wil not open Daz Studio when I try to open installed content from it. Nothing happens at all. It also appears to make a difference where I start from, where an item will end up. Shopping from the program, Daz Central, and directly from the web site, all seem to be different. Maybe that's not why Michael won't install automatically, but if it isn't, there's something else non-functional going on. 

Really, Daz, there should be one file managment system, it should work consistently with ALL products in your store, and you should stop recommending that I install something that's already installed- especially because it does not appear to work. 

Fortunately, I don't really want to use Daz Studio for much, but if things work like they should it would be a time-saver for some early steps in making characters to be finished out and animated in Blender (in which, btw, you can make any mesh work with physics. I understand that Daz appeals largely to a hobbiest demographic, but it does have some features that would be helpful in a productivity pipeline if I could easily see which elements work with each other (ideally because ALL hair has physics, ALL clothing is 'smart,' and so on). I really don't want to spend money on items that I have to do much work on to fit properly or pose properly, I might as well make them myself in Blender or download free obj. files and mess with them until they behave. If you're selling convenience, your product needs to be convenient.

• I've done all that, and installed my files at Daz Central and the only place any of them show up is in the "All Files" tab.

Is there a way to move them to the appropriate folders?

And that's IF I can figure out how to get out of the "All Files" tab. Right now, I'm stuck in that tab and can't figure out a way to get out of it other than to shut the whole bloody thing down and start over

• Hello

I bought 3d chess set Product Sku: 51819. I use C4D. But there are just 2 chess stone for C4D. There is no others. Can you help me. I'll use it for a video clip. So I need this chess set immediately. I couldnt reach anybody.

• The items in question lack metadata. Only items with metadata are intelligent and function in this manner. To locate the things to load them, use the Poser Formats file section and the Content Library Tab. If there are any DAZ Studio versions of the textures, you will then need to locate them in order to use them. Not all older pieces of content function as smart content or have metadata. Although DAZ 3D is upgrading the files as quickly as they can, a sizable number of them still need to be converted to smart format.

This discussion has been closed.