More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)

Comments

• dakinidakini Posts: 142

vrba79 said:

Thinking of getting back into YouTube again, with a new Horror Hosting show. "Dr Sinister's Night Terrors"

So naturally I had to do a render of the titlular character. This is all G1 stuff.

He's an excellent spooky character!

Vyusur said:

dakini said:

Vyusur said:

Here I tried to achieve pencil drawing look. It was Iray renders filtered with Akvis.

I like both of these images a lot!
    I'm impressed with the results you've gotten with Akvis. Your images look much better than many of their promo images.

Akvis is new to me. Would you mind explaining a little about how you like it? Did you go with the whole suite of products, or just a few of them? Are you using them as standalone products, or plugins for other programs like Photoshop?

Thank you for your kind words! In this particular case, I used Akvis Neon Standalone. I always use standalone filters wherever possible. I also often use Akvis Sketch standalone.

Good to know, thanks for the info! :-)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,904

juvesatriani said:

Great Render + Filter Choice guys !

Here my attempt to create retro pinup style using Filament and Photoshop

Filament Edit

Wow - very nice. You are the master of your tools.

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited June 2021

Thanks guys for nice words , Here another experiment to get comic styles from Filament Render . And since I prefer to work in Photoshop than 3D apss, so Filament render is enough as base editing . Left is filament render and right after run my custom action  and add accent edges and hatch(strokes) from filter gallery

FilPshop

FilamentPshop.jpg
    2680 x 1339 - 2M
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited June 2021

I can never get hair to look right in filament. Is there a method to preparing hair in filament?

Post edited by vrba79 on
    edited June 2021

vrba79 said:

I can never get hair to look right in filament. Is there a method to preparing hair in filament?

I tend to bring down Reflective and glossy parameter in each surfaces first . Then in Filament Draw option I`m also lowering ISO and Environtment Intensity scale until hair looks ok .

To counter dark scenes , I`m adding Distant or Spotlight and sometimes using Enviroment Option Node > Dome Rotation 

• pavsikakyjpavsikakyj Posts: 139

juvesatriani said:

Thanks guys for nice words , Here another experiment to get comic styles from Filament Render . And since I prefer to work in Photoshop than 3D apss, so Filament render is enough as base editing . Left is filament render and right after run my custom action  and add accent edges and hatch(strokes) from filter gallery

FilPshop

Nice as always. How do you achieve shadows in Filament?

• pavsikakyjpavsikakyj Posts: 139
    edited June 2021

One more

MCRoom.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 223K
    Post edited by pavsikakyj on

Working on a project harkening back to the old Tales from the Crypt comics.

This is just a regular render, no special shaders. The look is all postwork.

edited June 2021

Nyotengu NPR

Here another experiment to  check if using low samples IRAY as base render ( before doing NPR postwork) better than FILAMENT

NPR IRAY.jpg
    1074 x 1432 - 431K
    NyotenguNPR3.jpg
    1277 x 1491 - 2M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

vrba79 said:

Working on a project harkening back to the old Tales from the Crypt comics.

This is just a regular render, no special shaders. The look is all postwork.

That came out great.  Very spooky too.

edited June 2021

Thanks! Sometimes the simpler techniques are the most effective. Its a smart blur(3, 25, low, normal), followed by a halftone pattern(1, 1, Dot), which is then faded(50% Normal), and lastly Poster Edges(10, 0, 6).

Keep in mind, its not meant to preserve vivid color. The aim is the make render look like a faded old comic.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Blown Hot Rod Coupe
    Digital illustration of traditional styled American hot rod coupe with a blown engine. I created this digitally on my computer and& Wacom Intuos 3 stylus & tablet.

Apps used : Daz Studio 4.15, Iray, Photoshop CC 2021, Topaz Studio 2, ArtRage. 3D model was purchased at DAZ but no longer is listed in their products.

Looks great, kenmo.

kenmo said:

Blown Hot Rod Coupe
    Digital illustration of traditional styled American hot rod coupe with a blown engine. I created this digitally on my computer and& Wacom Intuos 3 stylus & tablet.

Apps used : Daz Studio 4.15, Iray, Photoshop CC 2021, Topaz Studio 2, ArtRage. 3D model was purchased at DAZ but no longer is listed in their products.

That would make a very nice poster or framed print!

edited June 2021

Another IRAY Photoshop experiment . I will update my JSToon photoshop action if you guys (still) wanna play with it . Here another experiment from recent version of my action

Low Sample Iray + Photoshop

Combo.jpg
    1180 x 595 - 460K
  • E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180

I did add some filter :

E.Bru said:

I did add some filter :

Love your color and tone 

Its fun when we get tinkerers in here.

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156
    edited June 2021

There are so many great images in this thread.

Here's an image of a modified Kwan in the reactor room set I created using Daz and photoshop. 

KwanAtReactor.png
    800 x 1097 - 2M
    Post edited by GhostDog on

Another IRAY Photoshop experiment . I will update my JSToon photoshop action if you guys (still) wanna play with it . Here another experiment from recent version of my action

Yes, I would be interested in that. Thanks!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534

dakini said:

juvesatriani said:

Yes, I would be interested in that. Thanks!

Same.

story3 said:

Here's an image of a modified Kwan in the reactor room set I created using Daz and photoshop. 

Very nice comic book look!

story3 said:

Very well done. Like the view and I am impressed by your Photoshop skills.

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156

Thanks Dakini and Artini! 

juvesatriani said:

Love your experimenting. JSToon action looks like it delivers good results. 

juvesatriani said:

E.Bru said:

I did add some filter :

Love your color and tone 

Gotta agree, the color and tone is fantastic!!!!

story3 said:

Cool work!!!! 

kenmo said:

juvesatriani said:

Love your experimenting. JSToon action looks like it delivers good results. 

Yes, he is very talented with Photoshop usage and overall artistic taste.

This discussion has been closed.