Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited February 2018

1m:26s

i7 - 3770 @3.4GHZ

RAM - 16G

I shall hack the file to make it faster 

Post edited by Stezza on
  • I followed the instructions and did mine 800x600 so did not realise I had to state that

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Render 800/600 and no change in the settings:

50 sec./tiles at 128
    45 sec. / tiles 16
    38 sec / tiles 64

i7/ 6 cores-12 threads at 4,7GHz
    Geforce 1080
    16Gb Ram

Windows 10

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited February 2018

Hello,

800 x 600: 2 minutes 31 sec
    1280 x 1024: 6 minutes 31 sec ... not so bad !! smiley

Mac OsX 10.9.4
    Mac Pro 3.5 Ghz c Core Intel Xeon ES
    AMD FirePro D700 6144 Mo
    Carrara 8.5 Pro

Post edited by Jamy on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

Always turn off Texture spooling, it was probably a good idea back in the days the PCs had 1GB or less in RAM, but now it is just slow and buggy.
    I think it is the only setting that must be changed everytime you install/reinstall Carrara.

From the manual http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/carrara/06_six/03_carrara_basics

Texture Spooling: Check Spool Texture on Disk if you want to use your hard drive to store texture information when the amount of memory specified by the Reserved Memory setting is exceeded.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    3drendero said:

Always turn off Texture spooling, it was probably a good idea back in the days the PCs had 1GB or less in RAM, but now it is just slow and buggy.
    I think it is the only setting that must be changed everytime you install/reinstall Carrara.

From the manual http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/carrara/06_six/03_carrara_basics

Texture Spooling: Check Spool Texture on Disk if you want to use your hard drive to store texture information when the amount of memory specified by the Reserved Memory setting is exceeded.

thanks just saw this 

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited June 2018

My Notebook  CPU i7 4700MQ   2.4ghz

Graphics  Nvidea GTX 780M 4gb  Gddr5

System Memory 16gb

Windows 8.2 64bit

Carrara 8.5 pro default render settings at 800x600    Render time 1 min 37  

I always thought C8 was a tad faster rendering than C8.5 as some tests above indicate.

Test Render Image.JPG
    1244 x 823 - 77K
    Post edited by 0oseven on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

After trying to open benchmark file, Carrara wouldn't run and no longer runs.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

My Carrara stoped working after teh Windows 10 Update end of April, the sameone that caused all the Display tablet issues.

I have uninstalled it using DIM, cleaned registry, rebooted then reinstlled from DIM still wont start.

Un installed again, clean registery, reboot. try manual install to new location. still wont start.

I am about to open a ticket to DAZ to see what they have to say other than we are not developing Carrara any more.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited June 2018

Oh no, a time bomb on Carrara.  sad

I have windows 10 and C8.5 still works for the moment.  I also have pre-genesis Carrara installed (8.1).  

Hope you can get it sorted out.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Vyusur & Chickenman hope you both get Carrara up and running again !!!!!!

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

a couple of years ago after doing a fresh reinstall of windows 10 I found that after installing Carrara it wouldn't start.. it started to start then flump...

what I did after numerous uninstal instal manual instals ect.. was to uninstal Carrara ... install Daz Studio ( which wasn't installed ) then reinstall Carrara manually.

that fixed it for me... it wouldn't start without a working version of DS!

hope youse get it fixed soon cool crying

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

@Vyusur and @chickenman, I also hope you resolve this catastrophic issue. I'm on a Mac and I don't upgrade to the latest OS until I absolutely have to...and even then I partition my drive and test it first. Yikes, scary times may be ahead.  crying

@Stezza - that is just pure evil if DS is required to be on one's system to run Carrara.  angry devil

oh dear, good luck, that certainly is bad

Thank you folks for your care. Yesterday I reinstalled the program several times. I also reinstalled some plugins. Nothing helped. But today morning Carrara happily started with no problems.

Hi, @DesertDude! I also have a mac and I also avoid of upgrade to High Sierra. Once I already had that system on my mac and it was awful! Some main programs wouldn't start. I reinstalled the system to previous version (El Capitan). But I couldn't figure out how to partition my mac.

Vyusur said:

Thank you folks for your care. Yesterday I reinstalled the program several times. I also reinstalled some plugins. Nothing helped. But today morning Carrara happily started with no problems.

great news!!

smiley

Glad that Veronika has a working copy.  Now we have to get Doug back up and running.  This is absurd, and scary.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Hey all,

I finallly figured out what ws causing my issue with Carrara.

My daughter was using my computer while in college as here laptop could not run maya and she needed to utilize that software for course so we installed everything she needed for course including her Huion displlay tablet.

after trying everything shoft of reinstallling I had given up on getting it working again but 2 weeks ago I had to reinstall as it ws having issues updating to the latest windows 10 version which I needed for another peice of software.

So after I reloaded first program I installed was Carrara then I downloaded on product to test it and it worked.

as I reinstalled everything I would test  to confirm if it worked.

The one item that always caused Carrara to crash was her display tablet drivers.

This sofar is the only program that had that issue. studio was find as were 3DCoat, Maya, Photoshop.

So now I have 8345 ITems to down load from the store again  then I will be able to use the smart content again as well.

Below is the link to tablet.

https://www.amazon.ca/GT-156HD-V2-HD-Programmed-Upgraded/dp/B0777M9DVL/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1544067228&sr=8-4-spons&keywords=huion+tablet&psc=1

edited December 2018

Hey all,

I finallly figured out what ws causing my issue with Carrara.

My daughter was using my computer while in college as here laptop could not run maya and she needed to utilize that software for course so we installed everything she needed for course including her Huion displlay tablet.

after trying everything shoft of reinstallling I had given up on getting it working again but 2 weeks ago I had to reinstall as it ws having issues updating to the latest windows 10 version which I needed for another peice of software.

So after I reloaded first program I installed was Carrara then I downloaded on product to test it and it worked.

as I reinstalled everything I would test  to confirm if it worked.

The one item that always caused Carrara to crash was her display tablet drivers.

This sofar is the only program that had that issue. studio was find as were 3DCoat, Maya, Photoshop.

So now I have 8345 ITems to down load from the store again  then I will be able to use the smart content again as well.

Below is the link to tablet.

https://www.amazon.ca/GT-156HD-V2-HD-Programmed-Upgraded/dp/B0777M9DVL/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1544067228&sr=8-4-spons&keywords=huion+tablet&psc=1

I am so sorry that you went though this,  Very happy to have it sorted out.  Still leaves quite a mystery.  

To celebrate, I feel like I have to do an Hombre de Pollo render of some sort.

EDIT:  Somehow, I don't seem to have a chicken model.  Hard to believe.  I have lots of animals and birds from Content Paradise, plus quite a few figures by AM here in the Daz store.  I've got a sparrow, an owl, a swan, even a pelican.  But no chicken.  Will just have to settle for a hearty "welcome back, Chikenman."

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 2018

I’ll upload my rubber chicken for you in the wacky thread lol laugh yes

glad and you got the problem sorted chickenman... I was going to mention that problem but I thought who would use that tablet and Carrara on the same PC devil

Post edited by Stezza on

Thank you Stezza. Here is a quick "welcome back" to our wonderful friend Chickenman.  I call it Chickens playing Texas Hold'em.

I do have a chicken model.  I have the wonderful chickens by Noggins.  Just wasn't looking in the right place.