BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ........JUNE........ "I had this weird dream" ~~~~~ WIP THREAD

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

Weird it certainly is.
    The head is from Poser and the object from Archive 3D.

weird_dreams.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 59K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

This is as close as I can get to my dream. I've had this one a few times and it is a bit annoying. The background is dark grey not black. And there is something in the middle, the scale of the object in the middle is not clear, it is either very large or small, but whatever all I know it is feels heavy or dense sort of thick, like it is taking up all the air and space, like being trapped in a box filled with sausages. From the top right or top left comes a line. This is lighter than the background, also grey - it might be a point leaving a trail like the trace on an oscilloscope, but it is moving fast enough to look like a line. It curves in towards the thing in the middle, and falls into an orbit. At first the orbit is smooth and everything is fine. But then it starts to break up and I have to concentrate to make it orbit smoothly and as I do so the density of the thing in the middle increases and the pressure to break up the line increases and the concentration goes up and so it escalates till the line shatters and the dream ends.

All done in Bryce. One render making use of an adapted version of the 300 degrees EWL made by Horo.

This is a strange dream to me, I don't know if it is strange by other people standards, because visually and in terms of context it is nothing like the other dreams I have.

Strange_dream1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 117K
  • KyricusKyricus Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

OK, here's the finished product, I'm much happier with it. I'm sure most of you could have done this in minutes compared to my hours but.. I'm pretty happy for a first "official" render here.

I call it.. Tower Dreams.

A_Dream_of_Old.jpg
    1514 x 568 - 556K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Ya wanna talk about a Weird Dream? Well, here's a weird dream for ya...I wuz dreamin' I went t' 'lantic City...dat in itself was kinda weird 'cause I ain't been t' 'lantic City in years... anywhooze, I wuz dreamin' I wuz in my hotel room...hey, it wuz cheap...and I wuz sittin' on th' bed readin' da paper, when alla da sudden, I notices it! Do ya sees it? It's right dere! Onna nightstand! It wuz a bottle o' scotch! Scotch, of all t'ings! I don't never drinks Scotch! Dat stuff's to hoity-toity expensive fer me! Gimmie a good ol' fashion American brewski anyday udda week! Jeeze, whatta weird dream. I guess I gotta knock off the Nehi Grape sodas and da two day old pizza before bed time, huh?

FINAL_VERSION_003.jpg
    858 x 575 - 269K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Ok heres my weird dream hope it works lol Trish

Weird_Dream1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 564K
    edited December 1969

Another weird dream, nice ... almost like a fairy tale.
    Everything is Bryce except the girl (genesis) and the wolf (Archive 3D).

The_snow,_the_wolf_and_the_child.jpg
    872 x 600 - 99K
    edited June 2013

ok was not happy with the first one thought I needed someone in the chair and something above the fireplace so here is the final first entry
    I call it weird dream3....David B. if you see this one you will notice I cheated on the fire and used a BBQ grille....LOL

Weird_Dream3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 643K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

and here is my second final entry called weird dreams 6 The flag on the ship is thanks to Horo who made this possible for me in 2009 we called it the Teddy Bear although I cant remember why.......

weird_dreams6.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 253K
  • dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

'Fractal coral reef'

This one's terrain started as a julia fractal. Then it was slightly filtered to look more like a natural terrain formation while maintaining its original fractal shape. The final image isn't a lot altered from the original version. Postpro done in GIMP only consists of:
    - saturation + contrast correction
    - flare added
    - additional colour correction via curves

The ship model downloaded from here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/27228/browse/5/3D-Model/BOAT-RACE-brice
    The image is highly inspired by: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Julia_island2.jpg

17_fractal_coral_reef.png
    1000 x 800 - 2M
    julia_std.png
    1024 x 1024 - 928K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

The flag on the ship is thanks to Horo who made this possible for me in 2009 we called it the Teddy Bear although I cant remember why.......

Believe it or not, it still lingers in my Bryce at work folder and each time I want to delete it, I remember that I got it from Trish.

@dwsel_ - now the view from above with the reflected sun is incredible. We seldom think of using such a camera position.

• dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Horo said:
    @dwsel_ - now the view from above with the reflected sun is incredible. We seldom think of using such a camera position.

I've googled several bird's eye point of view photos the sea:
    - http://www.thairath.co.th/media/content/2013/05/23/346662/o10/420.jpg
    - https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/960274_579530455414177_851748050_n.jpg
    - http://img.youtube.com/vi/GItD10Joaa0/0.jpg
    - http://www.sepmstrata.org/CMS_Images/Gallery/Bahamas/173-Exumas-Channel-Yann- -Arthus-Bertrand.jpg

Now I'm seeing they're looking way bluer than mine is.

Post edited by dwsel on
    edited December 1969

dwsel_ said:

It depends on the water depth and the vegetation below the surface. The birds-views the links show are probably all tropical waters.
  • edited December 1969

I had a weird dream I was a dragon slayer.

Dragon_Slayer_2.0_1920x1080_.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

While I haven't actually had this as a dream, putting a saddle on a bug and riding it certainly wouldn't surprise me as the kind of weird thing I would dream about. Here's my WIP, "bug hunt". I debated between very tiny people riding normal-sized beetles and normal people riding very large beetles, and finally settled on the later.

@dwsel_ , I think the colors look nice to me, although admittedly I'm not an expert on overhead tropical ocean views. When looking at reference photos, keep in mind there's a good chance the colors could have been tweaked to try to make them look better, the camera doesn't always correctly capture what's really there, and the color of water can change quite dramatically depending on factors like the time of day. I can't remember where it is, but somebody had a great series of photos of the exact same bit of ocean taken at different times of the day, and the colors are dramatically different from one end of the photo shoot to the other.

bug_hunt.jpg
    1434 x 1005 - 2M
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    dwsel_ said:

It depends on the water depth and the vegetation below the surface. The birds-views the links show are probably all tropical waters.

I know on skies a camera can use a polarizing filter to get bluer skies. I would presume the same is true for water. Don't know how you could translate that into a Bryce technique.

edited December 1969

WOW everyone has some beautiful art work very good ideas !!!!!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

There are some awesome images since I was last here. Nice work all.

edited December 1969

Here's another, a bit more in the realm of the dream..

Gateway.

Gateway.jpg
    1274 x 735 - 100K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@kyricus: That's a really nice image. Love how much the water effects the overall image. Nice job.

edited December 1969

Last night I got into this little world.
    Bugs moving in all directions.....
    All efforts in vain I could not get past them to escape through the gap.
    Woke up .....
    All Bryce made except for the bugs, free download.

Entangled_in_a_bugs_world.jpg
    872 x 600 - 86K
    edited December 1969

Luckily, I finally had a dream: that I could use some David's smart ideas and "Horo's clever little conversion program" for a render. The dream came true in 32 seconds, rendered premium with 64 rpp took almost 4-1/2 minutes. Lit by IBL quality 64 and an additional light source.

It's not as cool as some of the renders here, but I'm happy I have something to participate in the contest.

burg05-Block.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 283K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Some super render coming in now.

BTW I am going to try something different with the judging thread this time. Going to copy all the entries and post them to a clean thread, with numbers. I am the only one who will know which number is which poster, so the judges are not going to be influenced by who posted what.

This would mean that the judges can themselvesds enter, and just agree not to vote for themselves. Seems a fairer system, do you agree?

edited December 1969

Yup, I agree. It's a bit unfair that judges cannot participate.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Luckily, I finally had a dream: that I could use some David's smart ideas and "Horo's clever little conversion program" for a render. The dream came true in 32 seconds, rendered premium with 64 rpp took almost 4-1/2 minutes. Lit by IBL quality 64 and an additional light source.

It's not as cool as some of the renders here, but I'm happy I have something to participate in the contest.

If not for the perfect nature of the edges on the display block and the unblemished material, this would make a plausible photographic image of a museum exhibit. For certain, a high fidelity dream. I should drink more red wine maybe?

edited December 1969

I should drink more red wine maybe?

If it helps ...
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    BTW I am going to try something different with the judging thread this time. Going to copy all the entries and post them to a clean thread, with numbers. I am the only one who will know which number is which poster, so the judges are not going to be influenced by who posted what.

This would mean that the judges can themselvesds enter, and just agree not to vote for themselves. Seems a fairer system, do you agree?

Works for me. I agree the judges should be able to enter too if they want. (Of course they can already see who did what in this thread, but I don't think it really matters a lot. )
    I assume that means you'll be pulling the images from this thread rather than us posting them to a final thread, so here is my final updated entry version to replace the previous WIP I posted in this thread:
    bug_hunt_reduced.jpg
    1400 x 981 - 822K
    edited December 1969

That's ok with me about the judges entering also ......Here is my third entry " Robot Dreams" I hope this is ok about the nude rule since they are robots wasn't sure........Trish

abstract11.jpg
    1473 x 735 - 701K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378
    edited December 1969

This thread is full of very inspiring images, well done everyone.

I am still struggling to add one so far no luck.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @kyricus: That's a really nice image. Love how much the water effects the overall image. Nice job.

Thanks Guss, it's one of my better attempts thus far. I may be finally figuring this thing out a bit.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think this dream came about after having various conversations in the same day about trees, music, songs, the upcoming perigee which would give a super moon and a very exhaustive discussion about the merits of various alcoholic beverages.

So "Once in a blue moon the Tree Tenors will sing to 10 green bottles."

weird_dream.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 593K