BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ........JUNE........ "I had this weird dream" ~~~~~ WIP THREAD

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Chohole; That picture made me smile....very good!!

• BurrManBurrMan Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Jumbolaia....

draft4_tiff_1920.jpg
    1920 x 1151 - 1M
    edited December 1969

now that is a scary dream nice job

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited June 2013

@Horo: Nice, very nice.

@Trish: That is a stunning image. Well done.

@Pam: Brilliantly funny. Love it.

@BurrMan: Whoa, that's airing out the old melon. Nice, in a freaky way.

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • BurrManBurrMan Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Thanks folks..............

edited June 2013

Guss: thank you I really like your images also I haven't been saying much been in the new users forum trying to figure out studio and this content manager (blaa blaa blaa) thing which I do not understand at all .....So I am sorry to you and everyone else

Post edited by Trish on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

I'm working on building the elements for my dream scene. I'm building a giant centipede...yeah, this one's gonna be really interesting. Just wanted to give Chohole a heads up I have not forgotten my promise to submit some work for the challenge threads. See ya all soon.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rashad

edited December 1969

@Trish: Studio Content Manager can be a bear, especially if it isn't pointed to the correct file folders. I've found it really a pain if you have to manually install something and forget where its stored. Another problem(?) I've encountered, maybe pain in the butt would be better, is where something needs to be installed. If Content Manager thinks it's suppose to be here and you put it there then Content Manager has a hissy fit. But once you understand how things have to be installed and where they need to be installed, things can run fairly smooth.

edited December 1969

I kept saying I didn't want to learn a new software when DS came out, and when I bbecame a CV and was seeing how many problems people were having with sorting things out in it it just reinforced my decision. Poser may be a longer way round to get things into Bryce, but I have the process off pat now and am quite happy doing it that way.

But don't tell Daz I said that lol.

I get enough stick cos I keep insisting the Poser and DS are just plugins for Bryce

edited December 1969

@Pam: Hahaha...

edited December 1969

Guss; I am finding that out I joined PC so I could put things in Studio to move them to Bryce but CM does not know what to do with a .zip file and I am in the process of doing everything the manual way......headache but wilmap has a good pdf on it I downloaded from sharecg

Chohole; I feel the same way it is just a tool for Bryce.....LOL

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

ENTRY #2

Every once in a while my dreams get a little...nightmarish.

Weird_Dream-Death.jpg
    525 x 700 - 183K
    edited December 1969

Lord Ganthor; I guess they do...Wow scary nice....(.Smile)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

@Lord Ganthor - as long as he carries a light, you're not in for much of trouble.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think this dream came about after having various conversations in the same day about trees, music, songs, the upcoming perigee which would give a super moon and a very exhaustive discussion about the merits of various alcoholic beverages.

So "Once in a blue moon the Tree Tenors will sing to 10 green bottles."

I love it, love it, love it!! In fact, everyone's coming up with great renders for this contest.

BTW Pam, did those little "alcoholic beverages" come with the arms and legs, or did you have to create them? They're cute. ~smile~

edited December 1969

I hate bottles with legs, they tend to run away when I want to grab and empty them - and I get sober.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    chohole said:
    I think this dream came about after having various conversations in the same day about trees, music, songs, the upcoming perigee which would give a super moon and a very exhaustive discussion about the merits of various alcoholic beverages.

So "Once in a blue moon the Tree Tenors will sing to 10 green bottles."

I love it, love it, love it!! In fact, everyone's coming up with great renders for this contest.

BTW Pam, did those little "alcoholic beverages" come with the arms and legs, or did you have to create them? They're cute. ~smile~

I used one of the toon figures that came with poser (6 I think) and then pulled the head and body of.in the HE. Posing the toon figure gave me all the various angles of the bottles, cos I parented the bottle to the invisible body of the toon.
    Then I applied the same glass texture to the legs as I had made for the bottle in Bryce.

edited December 1969

@Lord Ganthor: Horo got that right, a light is better than what it usually carries. Nice image.

@Trish: Don't quote this as gospel but I seem to remember some .zip files have an auto install after being unzipped. Just as some don't. I believe it depends on what it is. But yeah, manually installing things into DAZ 3D Studio can become a challenge, or a tweaked coffee binge.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Irish Whiskey influenced dream

using a Wings 3d imported object.
    all textures are from the Bryce Materials Lab.
    Rendered in Bryce 7.1 Pro
    no post work.

nebula2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I'm scrambling to get this thing done in time....darned centipede is harder to model than I had anticipated.

edited December 1969

I'm scrambling to get this thing done in time....darned centipede is harder to model than I had anticipated.

There are only hundred legs with 5 segments each, so what's so hard about that? LOL
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

There are only hundred legs with 5 segments each, so what's so hard about that? LOL

lol

You have 2 days yet Rashad. I won't post the judging thread till Early Monday (UK time) which I think will be about 5:00am your time.

edited December 1969

Rashad: you have centipede dreams that's a scary thought....LOL

edited June 2013

Warning: Potentially offensive and disturbing content for some viewers.

Bullit....You bet! Arthropods are generally quite scary. Spiders, crabs, as well as stinging biting insects of all forms all belong to that group. I have begun to think our fear of these creatures is a natural mechanism left over from the days when bugs were generally bigger than mammals. More on that in a moment.

Chohole,
    For deadline observance I'm going to go ahead and submit what I have so far with this project even though it isnt really completed. It is called "Giant Centipede Eating a Human!" This work is inspired by a somewhat eye opening video a friend showed me on Youtube the other day. The video is of a giant centipede eating a mouse!!!!!!! Needless to say, this is the stuff of nightmares surely so please be advised not to look at the link if you are easily offended.

Giant Centipede Eating a Mouse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg

To complete this image I need to include at least one additional human character. This person would be presented at full scale stationed outside of the tank looking in. The outside observer(s) are pointing and laughing at the events unfolding as their pet centipede outruns me and sinks those fangs in real good...

I'm just not sure I'll have time to get it posed and rendered fully before the deadline. In case I don't here is at least something.

Fun fun!

Edit: Centipede is modeled almost entirely in Bryce. The only thing non Bryce was that I had to export the shell along the back because it was made of metaballs and they were getting too unstable, rendering with holes all over the place. I boolean converted them and re-imported them back into Bryce.

Centipede_Builder_w_author.jpg
    1280 x 840 - 1M
    Post edited by Rashad Carter on
    edited December 1969

Rashad: oh I hope you do finish in time this will be a good one!!! nice model also!!! as far as the video OMG I would have never thought, now I can't get this image out of my head poor little mouse (I will have to sleep with the light on) LOL

edited December 1969

@Rashad: That's very nice work, though I now have me feet off the floor.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited June 2013

Hi All,
    Here's a dream that I have had-dreamt I awoke and got up in time to go to work! Title Dreamed Awake

DreamedAwake.jpg
    1060 x 554 - 78K
    Post edited by IceScribe on
    edited December 1969

Chohole,

Ok, I've got the final image rendered. If it's not too late to update the submission in the judging thread that would be awesome. Thanks. If it's too late that is cool as well.

Centipede_Builder_1_w_author.jpg
    1280 x 840 - 1M
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Here"s my entry.

Software:
    Bryce 7.1
    DAZ Studio (posing, bridge to Bryce)
    Mesh Edit ("aging" of green head)

Content:
    Poser 3 head
    Michael 5 w/Wild Mane hair.

Notes:
    Background is a large volumetric sphere based on Jonathan Allen's "bloops" (from the old Brycetalk e-mail list).
    Metallic sphere texture from the Pro Materials pack by David Brinnen.
    Render time a little over 2 hours at 34 RPP.
    Thanks for looking!

dream.jpg
    800 x 800 - 292K