RELEASED!! CC Beard Boss for Genesis 8 Male(s) [Commercial]

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    BeeMKay said:
    Redz said:
    BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

I've made a couple morphs to adjust for this and a couple other things I've noticed. I'll put the update in asap to fix this. 

Thank you for the update!

I'm going through the transformation process, and I was just wondering, when I transfer it to G3 and want to save it out, would I save it as a wearable Preset? Or an asset?

EDIT: I seem to do something wrong with the transfer to G2M. I do get it to fit properly using the above mentioned method, but I don't get the beard to follow the facial movements, even though I used the transfer tool. I think I missed something...

Is there anyone who successfully transferred the beard from G8M to G2M, who can give me a step-by-step rundown? (And yeah, I'd actually pay for a working version of the beard in G2M right now...)

Ah, that's because G2M doesn't have rigged faces. You have to transfer the morphs for expressions with the transfer utility. 

I tried that, but for some reason it didn't work... ?

That’s because autofollow is not turned on for G2 by default. You’ll want to turn on autofollow for the expressions in the parameters pane BEFORE fitting the facial hair. 

And WHERE do I do that? I can turn on Autofollow for the entire figure of G2, but that does zilch.

I apologize for being an idiot.

For each expression, in the parameters bar, there’s a cog in the top right. If you click on it you have an option to check autofollow. If you are in Edit Mode (selected from the drop down menu of the parameters tab) you can CTRL select multiple expressions, then right click and enable autofollow

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

Redz, THANK YOU! heart

That was the part that was missing. The transfer worked fine now, and there's no more hair on the teeth when G2M smiles.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,598
    edited April 2018
    BeeMKay said:
    Redz said:
    BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

I've made a couple morphs to adjust for this and a couple other things I've noticed. I'll put the update in asap to fix this. 

I'm going through the transformation process, and I was just wondering, when I transfer it to G3 and want to save it out, would I save it as a wearable Preset? Or an asset?

EDIT: I seem to do something wrong with the transfer to G2M. I do get it to fit properly using the above mentioned method, but I don't get the beard to follow the facial movements, even though I used the transfer tool. I think I missed something...

Is there anyone who successfully transferred the beard from G8M to G2M, who can give me a step-by-step rundown? (And yeah, I'd actually pay for a working version of the beard in G2M right now...)

Ah, that's because G2M doesn't have rigged faces. You have to transfer the morphs for expressions with the transfer utility. 

That’s because autofollow is not turned on for G2 by default. You’ll want to turn on autofollow for the expressions in the parameters pane BEFORE fitting the facial hair. 

And WHERE do I do that? I can turn on Autofollow for the entire figure of G2, but that does zilch.

NM, to slow to reply, LOL

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
    BeeMKay said:
    Redz said:
    BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

NM, to slow to reply, LOL

Well... maybe you can solve the next riddle... I transferred the morphs all right, then saved as an asset. But when I load the beard now to another  G2M, the morphs for the expressions are gone? How can I preserve the transfer utility result?

• Quick FYI: The beard loads in with the lengthen morph on. This was a request from a couple testers because they kept loading in more than one because they couldn't see it loaded and that adds up to a lot of polys fast :D The Zero Shape preset will put it back to gone basically so you can start shaping it with hair not everywhere. If that makes sense.

Thanks so much for the zero shape, it is much appreciated. I thought it very strange that it loaded with hair showing and I had to go in and zero it out before using.

Hah, yeah, I originally had it load in zero'd, but *every* one of my testers kept accidentally loading in a bunch of beards because they didn't realize it had loaded so they were madly multi-clicking. They were geting a million hair polys in the scene without realizing it.

• BeeMKay said:

Well... maybe you can solve the next riddle... I transferred the morphs all right, then saved as an asset. But when I load the beard now to another  G2M, the morphs for the expressions are gone? How can I preserve the transfer utility result?

Did you save it as a figure/prop asset or are you doing the transfer again? 

edited April 2018

I saved it from the G2M fit (where the morphs worked) as a figure/prop asset, yes. The beard then, when I reloaded the G 2M saved version with another G2M character, had no longer the morphs for the face.

So again, what did I do wrong, ang can someone please explain this for idiots, because that is how I feel with this product right now (EDIT: I understand that the prodct is made for G8M, but yeah, the "easy transfer" to generations below is not quite as simple as the postings suggest... So: Frustration, possibly more at my own inabilities than at anything else.).

Thank you.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • BeeMKay said:

I saved it from the G2M fit (where the morphs worked) as a figure/prop asset, yes. The beard then, when I reloaded the G 2M saved version with another G2M character, had no longer the morphs for the face.

So again, what did I do wrong, ang can someone please explain this for idiots, because that is how I feel with this product right now (EDIT: I understand that the prodct is made for G8M, but yeah, the "easy transfer" to generations below is not quite as simple as the postings suggest... So: Frustration, possibly more at my own inabilities than at anything else.).

Thank you.

OHH! The morphs are probably there but not autofollowing again on the figure. Since the expressions on G2M will revert back to their base state (ie autofollow set to off), you'll either need to set autofollow to on and save the modified assets on G2M or turn it on for each new g2m you put it on before you load the beard onto it. 

BeeMKay said:

Thank you.

OHH! The morphs are probably there but not autofollowing again on the figure. Since the expressions on G2M will revert back to their base state (ie autofollow set to off), you'll either need to set autofollow to on and save the modified assets on G2M or turn it on for each new g2m you put it on before you load the beard onto it. 

Thank you, that makes things pretty clear, I think... So basically, there is no way to save the beard for G2M with the morphs intact? It is going through the Enable/autofit/Transfer Utility steps every time, or save my Base G2M (or any other character) with a different setting?

If I understand, the full procedure is:

1. Transfer to G3M and save as a asset.
    2. Load the G2M. Turn on autofollow for the expressions/face morphs.
    3. Load the G3M fitted beard to G2M, autofit.
    4. Use the transfer utility.
    5. Now, you can save the beard with the G2M fit as an asset, but it will not have the expression morphs when you try to load it to another G2M.
    6. You can make a modified G2M base or character with the autofollow for expressions set to on, and use that instead of the default.

Did I cover that correctly?

• BeeMKay said:
    1. You can make a modified G2M base or character with the autofollow for expressions set to on, and use that instead of the default.

Did I cover that correctly?

That method will work. You don't have to modify the base G2M though. Just save the modified assets (which will be the expression morphs). 

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited April 2018

great product missed it on release day whenever that was then stumbled on it and grabbed it when had closer look at the promos

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/557411

beach buddies 2.jpg
    2719 x 2444 - 966K
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Here's a sillier variant, using my iridescent shaders on CC's beard... and nose hair... and ear hair...

Psychedelic Ollie.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 377K
  • This shader right here https://www.daz3d.com/iridescent-shaders-for-iray

I really do like those results and that shader is just amazing :D

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439

Great product. I used it in this:

180330drawn2.png
    463 x 750 - 142K
  • Great product. I used it in this:

That's really slick! Did you use shaders/render settings for the effect or did you do it in post?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439
    edited April 2018

The effect is done entirely in post. With the right programs, it's surprisingly simple.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

Excellent work. It looks like a life drawing

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,598
    edited June 2018

Thanks again for a great product. It allowed me to finish this project finally

cowboy2.jpg
    1794 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,033

Thanks again for a great product. It allowed me to finish this project finally

Nice!!! 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Very nice, it look great FSM!

• Is there a way to get rid of the stubble on the throat/cheeks when using body morphs? I've played with the settings, but even with 0 hair, there's still pokethrough on the neck and cheeks. When I try 'trim neck', it's like it starts to go inside out on itself.

I know it's not a huge deal, but it does mean I have to clean it up in photoshop every render which is a bit of a drag. Does anyone have any solutions other than playing with the sliders? It goes away when I use the basic Gen 8, but morphs seem to screw with it a lot.

• ramasters said:

Is there a way to get rid of the stubble on the throat/cheeks when using body morphs? I've played with the settings, but even with 0 hair, there's still pokethrough on the neck and cheeks. When I try 'trim neck', it's like it starts to go inside out on itself.

I know it's not a huge deal, but it does mean I have to clean it up in photoshop every render which is a bit of a drag. Does anyone have any solutions other than playing with the sliders? It goes away when I use the basic Gen 8, but morphs seem to screw with it a lot.

Trimmed neck is only for the full beard options. It looks like you're trying to have no beard at all in those shots? In that case, it's better to just make it invisible in the scene. What figure shapes are you using and what beard shape are you trying to use?

• But my suggestion is, if you don't want hair on the neck or higher cheeks, find the full beard option that has the right area covered, and dial it in slowly until it's the length you want.

• Sorry, I removed the beard that I have so it was more obvious what I was talking about. Usually I'm using the goatees (circle beard and deertail I think), so yea, not a full beard.

• ramasters said:

Sorry, I removed the beard that I have so it was more obvious what I was talking about. Usually I'm using the goatees (circle beard and deertail I think), so yea, not a full beard.

What character morph are you using with them? Those shouldn't have neck stubble on them. It may be HD morphs too. I know those can cause trouble with followers.

• The morph's I'm using on him are... extreme haha. I've changed almost everything. Michael and Quinton are two of the main ones, but I had to remove almost every morph to get it to 0, so that's definitely why. I tried setting a geoshell up to set the offset to go in a bit, but that didn't work for me.

Thanks for your help! I'll just leave it be as is. I love the shape and style of the beard, and it's a lovely product! But this was one of my first characters so I went crazy on morphs and I'm sure that's why it's behaving erratically haha.

• ramasters said:

The morph's I'm using on him are... extreme haha. I've changed almost everything. Michael and Quinton are two of the main ones, but I had to remove almost every morph to get it to 0, so that's definitely why. I tried setting a geoshell up to set the offset to go in a bit, but that didn't work for me.

Thanks for your help! I'll just leave it be as is. I love the shape and style of the beard, and it's a lovely product! But this was one of my first characters so I went crazy on morphs and I'm sure that's why it's behaving erratically haha.

If it's custom has it been rerigged to the new shape? If not, that could be causing your problem.

• Can you help/advise please. I have the CC hair/beard boss purchased for a charector creation. On this existing charector (Male 8.1) I cannot get any of the morphs to load. In the shape tab the "actor" is not present in the sub menu. Initially the software worked okay on the charectors face, however I felt like I needed to make some changes to the face, and now the morphs will not load. What is also wierd is that when I click on the shape options in the content/smart content tab the "shapes" stack onto the beard face. I have installed and reinstalled multiple times which does not make a difference.  When I start fresh with a new 8.1 model the morphs do load. Can you advise a work around or solution. I have invested a lot of time into this face.      Cliff  As an aside, this is a wonderful product.

2022-05-11_12-32-32.jpg
    946 x 794 - 127K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093

Check the Parameters pane - that will show everything loaded (and not hidden), unlike filtered views like the Shaping pane.

• Okay. In a round about way I got to the parameters tab and expanded it out earlier. Yes the shaping morphs are there thankfully. What I was pointing out was they where in the shaping tab in this particular charectors face when I began creating the face. They do not show up in the shaping tab now. If I load a fresh 8.1 model and apply the beard; the shaping tab has the morphs. Wierd. Also see the pic below. Why doesnt the materials color the mustache also?

Lenin.jpg
    720 x 1004 - 102K