Welcome To My Garden: Carrara Monthly Contest WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

13»

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited June 2013

It Gives Me Great Pleasure to Announce the Winners of our First Monthly Carrara Community Challenge !

But firstly some wonderful news about Dartanbeck's sponsorship.

So impressed was he by the quality of the work Dartanbeck has generously decided to give each of the place getters a copy of his soon to be released Carrara EnviroKit - Woodlands! If you haven't seen this magnificent work, you can read all about it here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16465/

As far as the entries and results for "Welcome to My Garden."

We had a great showing, lots of enthusiatic WIPs in the WIP thread.

And I think most of us learnt a lot about Carrara's abilities as a plant modeller - be it in the mesh room, the plant room or even the hair room. Not to mention Evilproducer's creative use of metaballs.

It was a close race run by all.

With strong showings by Sockratease, Evilproducer, 3dage O0seven, Varsel and WendyHeartsCats
    all being pushed heavily by the likes of diomede64 and gssev - it was very hard to make a decision who to vote for.

The Winners as you know were voted in a fluid voting system. In the end there was only one vote difference between first and second. I had to count the votes about five times in all to make sure I got it right!

so..... drum roll.

Honourary Mention goes to #: 3 Breakfast time: Artist: Philemo who wins a Daz $5 coupon

3rd Place: #7: “Zen Garden” Artist: FractalDimensia who wins a Daz $15 coupon

2nd Place: # 5: ‘Koi’s Pond’. Artist: BooksbyDavid who wins a Daz $30 coupon

1st Place # 16: “My Grandfather’s Elephant Topiary” by Head wax[/strong ] who wins a Daz $50 coupon

As already mentioned, in addition Each has won a copy of the Carrara EnviroKit - Woodlands kindly donated by Dartanbeck!

So thankyou so much and congratulations to everyone who was involved in the first Carrara Monthly Challenge and thankyou so very much to both our sponsors DAZ and Dartanbeck for their generosity!

If the winners would like to PM me their email addresses I will send them along to Britney at DAZ and she will organise your DAZ coupons.

cheers :)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Winners of this contest,
    Please check your PM mailbox for a link to your new kit!
    If any of you need any help getting started or beyond, let me know. I hope you enjoy it, whether you use it to build with or simply as preset instant scenes... we all have different needs and styles as well as the availability of time that we get to play in Carrara. I tried to meet whatever goals you may have and look forward to learning your opinions if you ever feel like sharing.
    Congratulations and happy rendering!

edited December 1969

thank you Dartanbeck!

Are we allowed to share our Carrara EnviroKit renders yet :) ?

edited December 1969

Absotively possolutely!
    Um... that means Yes!

Mission_Impossible_WLA.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 880K
  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited December 1969

Congrats guys :D

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

A big thank to Dart for his excellent choice (and to all who voted for me :-) ).

By the way, Head Wax, I hate you ;-). I've shown my girlfriend the renders of the contest and guess whose picture is going to be printed and hung in the living room ? Just a hint, not mine :-).
    We've looked into your blog and I must say you're a great artist.

I'm afraid your rewarded punishment will be to organize the next contest.

Congratulations also to BooksByDavid and FractalDimensia.

edited December 1969

I am also a huge fan of Andrew Finney's art.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Well done, everybody!

A fun challenge, despite the lack of Cows as a requirement. {Maybe next time?}

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited June 2013

I will do cows next time

Doc2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Awesome... and impatient cow! Get it?
    Cow made of impatiens = Ahhh never mind!
    Very cool, Wendy! Love it!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

or a bull trader in a hedge fund!

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited June 2013

Concrats to all.
    And thanks to head wax for doing this.

and Sockratease and Wendy
    Challenge accepted....smiley

Next time, there will be cows....
    I seem to remember a guy in a red and white sweater, that kept disappearing all the time.
    I wonder if cows have the same ability.

cow.jpg
    800 x 600 - 283K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to HeadWax and BooksByDavid for whippin' art butt in this first round!

A special thanks to DB for your (continued) awesome support of the Carrara community.

And cutos to all those who submitted their amazing artwork!

I guess Head gets another round of selecting the genre, and managing the contest. But the next one had just better not be about cows, impatient, frozen, or otherwise! Now "Pigs In Space!" I could do....

Finally, I'd like to suggest that we (the community) set a goal to DOUBLE the number of contestants for the next round. Any others think we can do it? We just need a good way to get the word out and get more Carrar'ers engaged! So don your thinking caps and rev up your Carrara engines!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all the weiners- I mean winners! If we all learned something about how to extend our abilities in Carrara, then we're all weine- I mean winners! :-P

edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    Concrats to all.
    And thanks to head wax for doing this.

and Sockratease and Wendy
    Challenge accepted....smiley

I seem to remember a guy in a red and white sweater, that kept disappearing all the time.
    I wonder if cows have the same ability.

OMG, what a kickass render! Wow!

FD,
    I'd love to see more participants. I can't wait to see the next challenge. I'm already busting my but to get the dog gone prize made so I can sponsor another one!

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I will do cows next time

Awesome... and impatient cow!

But the next one had just better not be about cows, impatient, frozen, or otherwise! Now "Pigs In Space!" I could do....

So that's FIVE votes for Cows next time!

Finally, I'd like to suggest that we (the community) set a goal to DOUBLE the number of contestants for the next round. Any others think we can do it? We just need a good way to get the word out and get more Carrar'ers engaged! So don your thinking caps and rev up your Carrara engines!

COWS! Only Cows will bring in Twice the participation.

Guaranteed.

Almost...

edited December 1969

But wait... I... ahhhh... ummm...
    arghhhhh... Mooo!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited June 2013

A big "MOOooo" ( congratulations in cow language) to all the winners.

Headwax has done a great job so my thanks to him for getting this organised and started because as they say "the journey can be more rewarding than the destination"

Cant wait to get started on the next challenge . I hope it's something "udder' than a cow -
    groan !

Post edited by 0oseven on
  • FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will do cows next time

Awesome... and impatient cow!

But the next one had just better not be about cows, impatient, frozen, or otherwise! Now "Pigs In Space!" I could do....

So that's FIVE votes for Cows next time!

My vote counts, just not a vote in the positive for the bovines.

Oh, have you herd?
    I am MOOOOO'ved by the votes.
    And while I have calf-a-mind to change my vote,
    that would be udder-ly rediculous.
    I mean, where's the beef?
    That ain't no bull.
    So cow-abunga, dudes!
    On with the rodeo!

edited December 1969

Ha ha, there are some great renders happening here, after the event no less.
    Thank you for everyone's kind remarks and enthusiasm!

I am still waiting for booksbydavid to contact me so I can send his details to Britney re the DAZ coupons.

I've made a new challenge thread.
    I have tried to make it attractive to most people.
    Of all different levels and (non) bovine tendencies. :)
    I am expecting to see Flying Pigs in this one, maybe flying Cows, angels battling Fokkerwolfes....
    Petrol stations exploding, Lunar Landings and old ladies playing Chess with Crash Test Dummies - and that's just in the first week... and

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the votes everybody! Headwax deserves first place. He also deserves to do all the dirty work for the next challenge. :)

I had a lot of fun with this one. I also learned quite a bit from everybody else who participated. Anxious to start the next one. Just have to get my head around Headwax's Aussie logic. I don't know if I can. Heh, heh.

edited June 2013

Thanks for all the votes everybody! Headwax deserves first place. He also deserves to do all the dirty work for the next challenge. :)

I had a lot of fun with this one. I also learned quite a bit from everybody else who participated. Anxious to start the next one. Just have to get my head around Headwax's Aussie logic. I don't know if I can. Heh, heh.

Well it was head to head at the end, you were unlucky not to win.

!

Aussie logic? Oh, I think it is irish Logic, beaten into sense by the English then left out in the sun for a year to dry before being placed in a pub to soak up the beer in the bear mats at the counter. You know when you go up to the bar in your best shirt, place your elbow on the counter and ask politely for two shots of cab sav in a dirty glass.

It's just about then you notice that you have your elbow in a patch of beer which is slowly soaking into your shirt...

That beer mat on the counter, that's Aussi Logic : (smiley here)

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

I was interrupted by my wife, and I totally forgot what I was going to say to that.

I'm Irish on my Dad's side. Does that make me a beer coaster thingy?

Now, that's logic for you. :)

edited June 2013

I was interrupted by my wife, and I totally forgot what I was going to say to that.

I'm Irish on my Dad's side. Does that make me a beer coaster thingy?

Now, that's logic for you. :)

hah hah :) my surname is Irish, via Edinburgh

If you get a chance can you PM me your email? Daz would like to send your well earned prize to you!