Ultimate Iray Skin Manager [Commercial]

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
edited March 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Ultimate Iray Skin Manager is the most efficient tool ever created for skin adjustments or customization. It was made to be compatible with any figure of any generation (Generation 4, Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8), and has been specifically developed not only to optimize your workflow, but also to make the skin customization process (much!) faster, easier, more clear and more comfortable. Ultimate Iray Skin Manager is a part of the Skin Shading Bundle.

Find it here : https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-iray-skin-manager

You simply have to select any figure and launch the script. You will then work in a new skin control interface using an optimized organization of the key properties of the skin shader, gathered by theme in four tabs :

- Skin Tone,

- Gamma of Image Maps,

- Skin Gloss and Bump,

- and Skin Additional Effects.

A dropdown box allows you to decide if you want to work on all the skin parts including or excluding Nails and/or Lips, or only on the Lips, or on the Nails.

Based on my own experiment of several years of skin shading, this scripted interface has been specifically developed to optimize your workflow in term of skin management whether you are a beginner or an advanced user. Each Tab gives a synthetic and global overview and control of the shader used by the skin and of its key properties - as I mentioned before gathered by type of influence, one Tab for the Skin Tone, one for the Skin Gloss, one for the Additional Effects, and one for the Gamma of Image maps.

Thanks to this global overview and control of the shader and of its properties, allowing a more methodical, easier and faster workflow, you will benefit a huge gain in time, in comfort and in efficiency when adjusting skins.

Very useful or exclusive features are included, such as the Gamma manager, allowing to change the gamma of all the image maps of the property of your choice in two clicks.

Unique save, load and transfer tools are also included : at any time during your skin shader adjustment, you can save in text files presets of properties without leaving the interface, so that you can load them later on, during the same or another session, on the same or on another figure. Even better you can load such presets on any Generation, and you can load only the properties you want. An additional script is provided to transfer your new shaders on the genitalia of your figures.

A full pdf documentation is included in the product (which can also be opened from the script interface if you want), even if the skin manager is very intuitive and easy to use. 

Now a few images :

Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_TONE_Example.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 330K
Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_02TONE.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 519K
Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 488K
Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_03.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 505K
Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_05.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 459K
Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_Gamma.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 456K
Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_Gamma2.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 461K
Ultimate_Iray_Skin_Manager_00.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 442K
Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Would it work, also, with figures such as Carnomoloch or Daz Dragon 3?

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2018
    SimonJM said:

Hi Simon, no for the Dragon 3, it's limited to figures of the Generations I mentioned. If Carnomoloch is a morph of any existing figure it should work on it. The script checks first that the selection is based on either Generation 4, or Genesis, or Genesis 2, or Genesis 3, or Genesis 8. If it is not the case, the script informs you that no compatible figure is selected.

SimonJM said:

Hi Simon, no for the Dragon 3, it's limited to figures of the Generations I mentioned. If Carnomoloch is a morph of any existing figure it should work on it. The script checks first that the selection is based on either Generation 4, or Genesis, or Genesis 2, or Genesis 3, or Genesis 8. If it is not the case, the script informs you that no compatible figure is selected.

Ok, I did suspect that, but nice to know!

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Ok, I did suspect that, but nice to know!

Fine! The challenge was to make it compatible with all generations and really optimized. I could adapt it for other creatures now it exists,  but it was not the initial plan... One problem at a time :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

So I take it the settings can be saved out as new presets then? 

edited March 2018

Yes, but it does not correspond to "material preset" as a duf file (I could have done this but it was not the most clever solution). What you save is the properties presets which save only the properties handled by the script (there are a lot), does not save the maps or the UV set, and the result is txt files which can be loaded only by this script. (Then you can save it as a material preset from Daz interface).

Actually, in the text file, you save the values for each property you select in a checklist for something called "BODY", something called "LIPs", and something called "NAILS". When you reload them (once again you load only the ones you check in the choice list), you can reload them for any other -or the same - figure because the script knows for all generations what are the "BODY", "LIPS", and "NAILS" surfaces. Amongst the interesting things you can do, you have this : you optimize a skin tone, you really like it and do not dare to change it further. No worry, you save the preset, and then modify, and then if you are not happy you can immediately reload what you had before without leaving the interface. If you like the new skin tone you set, you save a new text file. Same for the gloss - or the full tone + gloss - you can find 3 or 4 presets you like, and save them each time you like them, and at any moment reload any of them, partially or totally. On my side I'm making full folders of "Tones", and of "Gloss", so that I don't waste time on each figure doing the same job, but on the contrary, only reload and re-adjust what I had created for other figures. You can also include or not the gamma of image maps if you want in the saved file. And since these are very compact text files, they are really easily editable.

edit : I'm presently working with another PA on skin shaders, and we exchange these txt files instead of material presets.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Done! Instabuy. Outstanding!!

Lol :) I also saw your message for the Skin Shading Essentials Tutorial. Well, they are two sides of a same story, this is why they are bundled and you'll be twice happier :)

Thank you fastbike !!

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

looks wonderful.

i was just about to comment on the skin shading essentials tutorial, but i spotted an 'ultimate iray skin manager' tab in one of the promos and ran a pronto site search.  i couldn't believe i'd missed one of your skin products, but you never know...

anyway, i'm really looking forward to this.  i've spent weeks this year trying to figure out what all of the skin parameters do, and which channels benefit from image files and which don't, and so on and so on and so on.  now i might actually be able to learn something.  :)

• Can this be used along side merchant resources?

jardine said:

looks wonderful.

i was just about to comment on the skin shading essentials tutorial, but i spotted an 'ultimate iray skin manager' tab in one of the promos and ran a pronto site search.  i couldn't believe i'd missed one of your skin products, but you never know...

anyway, i'm really looking forward to this.  i've spent weeks this year trying to figure out what all of the skin parameters do, and which channels benefit from image files and which don't, and so on and so on and so on.  now i might actually be able to learn something.  :)

You will be able to learn something both by theory (tuto) and by practice when playing with the parameters of the Skin Manager. And in case of questions feel free to MP me too ;)
    Karuki said:

Can this be used along side merchant resources?

Of course every skin shader you create this way and even the text files you might generate you are allowed to give share sell them. You will be the creator of the shader the skin manager is only the tool. The only thing you are not allowed to share is the manager itself, but what you create thanks to it is yours.
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Hey,

currently I use Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 Female.

If I understand you correctly Ultimate Iray Skin Manager does not create a new skin like Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 Female. It's more like Beautiful Skin Iray Genesis 3 Female and changes the config/settings of an existing skin?

What I miss mostly on Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 Female is the option to create an african skin with the control of the hand inside surface:

Do I have with Ultimate Iray Skin Manager control over this, without Photoshop? wink

No for there is nothing specific to handle the palms of the hands. Skin Manager is here to control globally the tone glossy look gamma and additional effects on the skin, not locally.

The skin manager is available here : https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-iray-skin-manager

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

The bundle is a very wanted product (been looking for something like this for a while  In the cart it will go.

mats76 said:

The bundle is a very wanted product (been looking for something like this for a while  In the cart it will go.

Thanks a lot Mats!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,778

Great tool. Could you elaborate more on Gamma of Image Maps.

Why do we need that to change?

I thought that we only need to change Gamma in the render settings.

Artini said:

Great tool. Could you elaborate more on Gamma of Image Maps.

Why do we need that to change?

I thought that we only need to change Gamma in the render settings.

Changing the gamma in the render settings will change the gamma of the "final image" you render, this is a gamma correction of the rendered result. In the case of this tool this is different, you will change the gamma of the image maps of only the figure you selected, and only the property you select (most of the time it will be Base Color and/or Translucency Color).

For the figures, changing the mentionned gamma allow to give them a really different look, obtaining, depending on the choice you make, more or less vivid or saturated colors for the skin, and results that you could not obtain by changing only the shader, because this gamma change applies directly to the image maps. For gammas above (around) 2.4 for these images, you begin to "saturate" to have more vivid colors, and for gammas around 1, you have much more pale results. It acts directly on the base map, on the base color (and translucency for highly translucent figures). 

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have more questions.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Hey congrats on the release! You are the PRO of skin materials, I love all your products and have most of them. It's in my cart! 

Novica said:

Hey congrats on the release! You are the PRO of skin materials, I love all your products and have most of them. It's in my cart! 

Thanks Novica! Finally after so many years doing skin shaders, I gathered all my tools in a single one, optimized its usage, added cool features, (lol faster to write than to do), and here we go!!! Now that I use it each time I re-shade, I wonder why I have not done it before XD!

Well thanks for your nice comment and as usually, feel free to PM me or to post in this thread for any questions, feedbacks, etc :)

I dithered over the bundle, but read teh decsiption of the tutorial and had to get it; anything that endeavours to explian what ll those ruddy Iray settings do is good in my book!

SimonJM said:

I dithered over the bundle, but read teh decsiption of the tutorial and had to get it; anything that endeavours to explian what ll those ruddy Iray settings do is good in my book!

I hope you will learn a lot in it, I tried to make things as clear as possible, and even if there is a bit of theory, there is also a very strong "practical" side in this tutorial. The paper and video have two different approaches, and are made differently, mainly because in the video, this is much more dynamic and you can see the results "live".

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

And done. Paid, downloaded, installed. The easy part is done. Now for the real work. Outstanding product.

Lol :) I also saw your message for the Skin Shading Essentials Tutorial. Well, they are two sides of a same story, this is why they are bundled and you'll be twice happier :)

Thank you fastbike !!

fastbike1 said:

And done. Paid, downloaded, installed. The easy part is done. Now for the real work. Outstanding product.

Thank you fastbike !!

Thanks! No really you will see this is not that complicated... With the right explanations and the right tools ,)

• Well, I'm very excited about this product :-) Off I go to watch the tutorials! I would love to stay and chat but there's learning to be done :-) xx

Well, I'm very excited about this product :-) Off I go to watch the tutorials! I would love to stay and chat but there's learning to be done :-) xx

Cool! Already in the tutorial! Please no comment about my French accent, the more I try to get rid of it, the stronger it is :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Can the results of this be freely used in sold products?

(Like, use the Skin Manager to adjust a new skin to your liking)

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Are there any examples of what can be achieved with actual black skin, like on a drow elf? I have experienced nothing but frustration trying to create a decent looking drow skin in Iray.

• So, can this replace your Iray converters?