Carrara and Genesis 2

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

[quote author=
    Painting a smiley face on it doesn't change the reality.

Maybe not, but at least its PC :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited June 2013

Read Read Whine!
    The end of the world caused from one of the world's leading 3d figure design companies improving their line of die hard - or rather die never products of cutting edge ready to render products.
    Oh my! Really?
    I didn't know that both versions of Carrara that have been doing their jobs perfectly and even better than I'd be willing to live with is no good anymore because DAZ just released a better model! What am I to do? Especially since DAZ has been buying many of the products outright and selling them and their upgrades for 1.99 to PC members. But all of those purchases I made are gone? I lost out like the bottom of the market just fell? That's too bad!

I cannot believe some of the comments made in here. Have a look through this DAZ 3D store and you'll see supporting products for the improved version of their first flagship figures - M1 and V1 still live on via M2 and V2 and even low-res versions of each. Those earlier models are still some of the best human rigged ready-to-go figures you can find. The products that support them are really cool too!

Genesis is done? How in the world can that be? I better tell the artists who are still working on supporting products for it, before they accidentally cause a huge Carrara forum breakdown! Have any of you ever seen even one of the morph packages that our wonderful Thorne makes? She lets you buy these face morphs - and if you so choose, you can turn around and sell characters made using the professional quality custom morphs that you'd expect from a real pro like Thorne. She must have, what... four, five... possibly six of these packs which are each loaded to the gills with excellent morphs. Characters, texture packs, you can add a pack that gives it and extra set of arms! Orcs, Goblins, Werewolves, Troll, Gorilla, Man that turns into a wolf before your eyes, creepy weird people, beautiful, wonderful people, next door neighbors and delivery men, police, rescue, utility workers, girl friends, boyfriends, aliens, oh.. and Daz just released the Monstrosity series with PAs answering the call with additions for that. Weapons, tools, support for recreating any of your Gen 3 or 4 favorites. DAZ 3D created a method to rescue your favorite previous purchases by fitting them to Genesis. Oh... it's dead alright.

Really?
    And heaven forbid that the people who run the place actually have a bit of say toward what they do? I'm sorry but this is beyond a joke.

Carrara 8.5 beta has been cranking along with some amazing changes. Many of you have seen the whole process through - how difficult of a time they've had putting this altogether all in serious hope to give us better communications between DS and Carrara, which makes Carrara and DS that much more precious to us - as if they aren't already some of the finest choices a person could possibly make to get into this field. Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, if you haven't noticed, is amazing. And it's still free. Carrara is still holding strong at a very affordable price - and obviously it has the tendency to spoil people.

DAZ 3D made Genesis and the entire system that makes magic out of it. Real magic. It is fairly new, yes. But in the fairly long period that it has been being morphed, clothed, posed, animated, shaded, and rendered, they have come to the realization that it really does have some huge benefits to have male and female base figures. Pardon the artists who really want that and it's happening. Better joint rotation might not mean much to someone who refuses to use it. Better, smoother working and better organized morphs. New UVs. Why is it so bad that DAZ 3D come out with improvements? It's so amazingly hypocritical!

I remember V3 SAE. What a great figure! It was a refined V3 with a great selection of shaping and expression morphs already loaded into her, so you wouldn't have to load them all in. And if you don't want all those morphs in there, V3 was free at the time and should be waiting patiently in your runtime. Generation 3 figures are still better than what some applications might give you to play with. Gen 2, 3 and 4 are still available with a good selection of additional content and DAZ 3D gives you an incredible piece of free software that can fully bridge back and fourth to a fairly decent modeler which is nearly free. And that software comes with Genesis! Anyone just starting out playing around can animate a small child that evolves before your eyes into a gorilla or a monster - or simply grow up. The driving passion of the software developers made all kinds of helpful ways for the user to create their own content for their own use - or, even better, to aspire to become a DAZ 3D published Artist, which is their big goal in the whole thing. Is that such a bad thing?

How can we continually slap the face of those who constantly give.
    And what does any of this have to do with the death of Carrara? Carrara is currently the best it's ever been. Try it. It's Pro and it's 8.5
    It is so smooth and fast. It works with Genesis very, very well. Carrara is made to author art. And Author art it does.

As much as I love 8.5 beta, I know right now that I could load up Carrara 6 Pro and still have enough application to do my job.
    Anyways... I stayed up all night last night (still up - but only because I just had to respond) working with Victoria 6 - auto fitting clothing and hair, posing, texturing and tweaking on the many wonderful morphs and testing the expressions on her along the way. If she means the end of Genesis (what a laugh!), it'll just be because Genesis is too busy sweating from the sight of her.

Great job, as always DAZ!
    Keep the momentum going, folks... we're going to take the world by storm and be the most talked about realm in all of the CG world!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is no way i can respond to that with out directly addressing the poster.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

... Carrara is currently the best it's ever been. Try it. It's Pro and it's 8.5 ...

I also love Carrara and use it on a daily basis, filling my C8.1 scenes with my collection of 700+ Carrara and Poser items from DAZ. But the trend is unsettling. The front page of the "Shop" today has 72 new releases. In the "Compatible Software" table, none are compatible with Carrara (its not even on the list), and 24 with Poser. The rest are for DAZ Studio (including 4.6), DSON Importer, and Bryce, none of which can be loaded into Carrara 8.1, the latest production release now a few years old. So two thirds of the new releases are of little interest to me.

I agree that over the years, DAZ has been a great source of 3D software and content, and I have been a regular purchaser and long time PC member. This became especially true when DAZ upgraded Carrara to allow direct loading of Poser content, including all the pose dials, etc. (a brilliant move on their part IMHO). I also recognize that many DS users are quite happy with DAZ's development, and more power to them and DAZ. And yes, I am aware of C 8.5's (Beta) Genesis compatibility, but I am reluctant to buy content that requires a beta version of software.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited June 2013

Especially when the beta is month to month lol. At any time they can just decide not to renew it. When the time comes, I am not sure whether or not I am going to grab the next carrara. Guess it depends how far along I can get with blender, whether there are more improvements done with the hair, particle and physics systems in carrara. I don't think new dollies compatibility alone is enough to make me jump and invest in another version of carrara. Maybe if it has an up to date manual.... LMAO

Post edited by TheKD on
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    There is no way i can respond to that with out directly addressing the poster.
    Not a problem.
    Steve K said:
    ... Carrara is currently the best it's ever been. Try it. It's Pro and it's 8.5 ...

I also love Carrara and use it on a daily basis, filling my C8.1 scenes with my collection of 700+ Carrara and Poser items from DAZ. But the trend is unsettling. The front page of the "Shop" today has 72 new releases. In the "Compatible Software" table, none are compatible with Carrara (its not even on the list), and 24 with Poser. The rest are for DAZ Studio (including 4.6), DSON Importer, and Bryce, none of which can be loaded into Carrara 8.1, the latest production release now a few years old. So two thirds of the new releases are of little interest to me.

I agree that over the years, DAZ has been a great source of 3D software and content, and I have been a regular purchaser and long time PC member. This became especially true when DAZ upgraded Carrara to allow direct loading of Poser content, including all the pose dials, etc. (a brilliant move on their part IMHO). I also recognize that many DS users are quite happy with DAZ's development, and more power to them and DAZ. And yes, I am aware of C 8.5's (Beta) Genesis compatibility, but I am reluctant to buy content that requires a beta version of software.

I can see that stand on things - And I doubt it will be long before Carrara 8.5 launches an official release. If I may, I'd like to offer a point that most products that work within Carrara never before had a "works in Carrara" flag. The big one's right now are the People and their clothes and things made specifically for Bryce and a few others that are clearly made specifically for DS, like their new hair thing.
    I can see that part being frustrating, for sure. In fact, before V6 came along, I was content sticking with Generation 4 figures for my heroes. They just worked better for me and I was better able to make resemblances of whom they represent. I was also able to more readily find (and still am) the clothing, hair and accessories that I wanted for them - as Genesis clothing and hair just haven't gotten round to what I need yet. So V4 and M4 will likely live on forever in my world. Unless I start making these things myself.

The front page of the "Shop" today has 72 new releases. In the "Compatible Software" table, none are compatible with Carrara (its not even on the list), and 24 with Poser. The rest are for DAZ Studio (including 4.6), DSON Importer, and Bryce, none of which can be loaded into Carrara 8.1, the latest production release now a few years old. So two thirds of the new releases are of little interest to me.You'll have that on days like today, which is so close to the release of a new figure - in this case, one that only works in Carrara if you're running a beta software. But lately there have been some great new Vehicles and Scenery pieces, too. Most things don't get a Carrara stamp on them unless they are made to only work in Carrara - to help avoid confusion. There might be a few artists who have mentioned that the product works well in Carrara with a Poser/DS model release, but that's rare. Carrara is a different sort of software in that it can use so much content - it does take a bit to decipher what you can and cannot use within it. I wish the new site didn't make that seem as it does. Checking Carrara in the compatibility filter in the store will likely filter out a whole lot of items the do work nicely.

Today it seems fairly straight forward. Genesis and it's support items will not work in anything prior to 8.5 and we also have to make sure it's not a Bryce product or something that specifically works only in it's designated program - like DS materials, lights and scenes. Poser is now within that realm too - but not so much through this store as far as I've seen. But the comment of mine that you quoted, I was talking about the beta of 8.5 as it is the Best Carrara I've ever used - even though I like them all back to 6. Never had Carrara before that.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited June 2013

Steve K said:

The front page of the "Shop" today has 72 new releases. In the "Compatible Software" table, none are compatible with Carrara (its not even on the list), and 24 with Poser. The rest are for DAZ Studio (including 4.6), DSON Importer, and Bryce, none of which can be loaded into Carrara 8.1, the latest production release now a few years old. So two thirds of the new releases are of little interest to me.
    You'll have that on days like today, which is so close to the release of a new figure - in this case, one that only works in Carrara if you're running a beta software. But lately there have been some great new Vehicles and Scenery pieces, too. Most things don't get a Carrara stamp on them unless they are made to only work in Carrara - to help avoid confusion. There might be a few artists who have mentioned that the product works well in Carrara with a Poser/DS model release, but that's rare. Carrara is a different sort of software in that it can use so much content - it does take a bit to decipher what you can and cannot use within it. I wish the new site didn't make that seem as it does. Checking Carrara in the compatibility filter in the store will likely filter out a whole lot of items the do work nicely.

Today it seems fairly straight forward. Genesis and it's support items will not work in anything prior to 8.5 and we also have to make sure it's not a Bryce product or something that specifically works only in it's designated program - like DS materials, lights and scenes. Poser is now within that realm too - but not so much through this store as far as I've seen. But the comment of mine that you quoted, I was talking about the beta of 8.5 as it is the Best Carrara I've ever used - even though I like them all back to 6. Never had Carrara before that.

That is very correct. You can use almost anything in the DAZ store in Carrara unless it is specifically made to work in Studio, Bryce, Poser or Vue such as lights or shaders. Otherwise, if it involves obj files, texture maps, etc., you can use it and tweak to your hearts content in Carrara. You will just have to adjust shaders and possibly an occasional morph issue, but other than that you are good to go. Generally, the only time you will see it is designed to work with Carrara simply means it has Carrara shaders (or it's Carrara hair or a Carrara scene). Now with the bridge being put in place with the duf file system between DAZ Studio and Carrara, you'll probably find even fewer issues, but you'll stil have to tweak shaders because of the different render engines.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited June 2013

I really do not want to sound whiney or sulking - but I wish they had rather worked somewhat harder on Carrara 8.5 or C9... for Genesis 1 compatibility.
    Now they released Genesis 2... and what now? How will compatibility be now? Will we have to wait another year or more for a newer version of Carrara? Or do they hope if they keep us waiting long enough that we are going to use Daz Studio... and forget about Carrara?

Well... I am happy I haven't spend too much on Genesis stuff yet... feels like a rat-race, goading people into spending/wasting money on stuff that is outdated far too soon... because the newer generation toons pop from the ground like hyper-menured mushrooms.

Post edited by Rhian-Skyblade on
    edited December 1969

So far G2 works about as well in carrara as G1. My issues have nothing to do with the design or functionality of G2.

edited June 2013

Rhiana said:
    I really do not want to sound whiney or sulking - but I wish they had rather worked somewhat harder on Carrara 8.5 or C9... for Genesis 1 compatibility.
    Now they released Genesis 2... and what now? How will compatibility be now? Will we have to wait another year or more for a newer version of Carrara? Or do they hope if they keep us waiting long enough that we are going to use Daz Studio... and forget about Carrara?

Well... I am happy I haven't spend too much on Genesis stuff yet... feels like a rat-race, goading people into spending/wasting money on stuff that is outdated far too soon... because the newer generation toons pop from the ground like hyper-menured mushrooms.

From the facts I've been reading and what I've seen (not the idle and misinformed speculation) nothing is outdated and just as useful, and I wouldn't be surprised that since they have been working on the fixes for Genesis for months now, that work also involved Carrara. As others have pointed out in other threads here, work on Carrara has been ongoing and they've noted activity recently in the bug tracker. And V6 does work in Carrara 8.5 beta.

There was a detailed info page they had up earlier today on G2/V6, but it looks like they took it down. Hopefully it will be up again as it detailed a whole bunch of improvements.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
    edited December 1969

"they"? it was one person.

Note, I see activity on the bug tracker for Hex 2.5. Doesn't mean we are going to see Hex 3. The "movement on the bug tracker" has meant nothing to date for C8.5. Been at least 3 time people have poped up threads with "movement on the bug tracker" didn't even get a beta update out of it.

Not saying they may not be clearing things up; well the bug posts, for the release of C8.5, I just don't take movement on the bug tracker as a sign of anything aside from movement on the bug tracker ;)

edited December 1969

I tried responding to your thing in Carrara Cafe, but it ate my whole reply. I left a quick note, which worked twice - then I went back to try and reply again, nothing. Plus my quick notes were missing. Why don't people complaint about that? That doesn't even work!

Okay, here's my take, which replies also to ManStan's thing about Geoge (I think it was meant to say George) from the Cafe:

Genesis is Genesis and it works. Genesis 2 is two models, one female, one male. (unless there's more?) Some of the published artists want to continue their efforts on making stuff for Genesis. Why take that away from them by forcing them to now have one male and one female - when Genesis can be both? (as opposed to calling it an update to Genesis rather than Genesis 2) And why take that away from the folks who like using Genesis the way it is, like me? I want both.

It is likely no coincidence that we saw Genesis 2 prior to the release of Carrara 8.5 for quite obvious reasons - and I, for one, am very grateful that they did it that way. Lock down how it is to be, then finish Carrara. Speaking of Carrara - it is mentioned in a post just above this one that there has been no active development done on Carrara because we didn't get a new beta to play with. I'm still laughing at that one. I don't show most of my work either! But I do like the new Genesis 2 Female - especially V6!

A_lurking_Evil_APDPH82d.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 1M
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    "they"? it was one person.

Note, I see activity on the bug tracker for Hex 2.5. Doesn't mean we are going to see Hex 3. The "movement on the bug tracker" has meant nothing to date for C8.5. Been at least 3 time people have poped up threads with "movement on the bug tracker" didn't even get a beta update out of it.

Not saying they may not be clearing things up; well the bug posts, for the release of C8.5, I just don't take movement on the bug tracker as a sign of anything aside from movement on the bug tracker ;)

Found my login and checked the Bug Tracker. When they are posting a bunch of things as resolved which they did last month and a whole slew on June 12th, and not just one person but 3 different DAZ people, I would say that's movement in a positive direction. And not assigned issues which had some of us hopeful last December, but resolved issues.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

V6 with Dynamic hair.

Victoria6_N.jpg
    878 x 1000 - 463K
    edited June 2013

Funny thing. Delete your cookies and go back, probably a double post. The site is kinda slim on bodies, so it will get fixed, sooon lol
    {checked, yup ;) }

"And not assigned issues which had some of us hopeful last December, but resolved issues." Kevin Sanderson

That is what I was referring to. ;)

I don't have V6, hell I don't have V5. Genesis and the mil3/4 morphs was all I needed. I may get the monster morphs some time.

I've also said I have no issue with the figure.

Post edited by ManStan on
    edited December 1969

There might be a few artists who have mentioned that the product works well in Carrara with a Poser/DS model release, but that's rare. Carrara is a different sort of software in that it can use so much content - it does take a bit to decipher what you can and cannot use within it. I wish the new site didn't make that seem as it does. Checking Carrara in the compatibility filter in the store will likely filter out a whole lot of items the do work nicely.

That is very correct. You can use almost anything in the DAZ store in Carrara unless it is specifically made to work in Studio, Bryce, Poser or Vue such as lights or shaders. ... Generally, the only time you will see it is designed to work with Carrara simply means it has Carrara shaders (or it's Carrara hair or a Carrara scene)....

The points you both make are valid. I think we simply have a difference in emphasis and incentive. I am interested in creating short Carrara animations first and last, and want to minimize the time spent fiddling with content.

I consider a product with complete Carrara compatibility a big plus. For example, I purchased Howie Farkes' "Darkwald" recently only because it was for Carrara, and thus the luminescent mushrooms and everything else would work as he intended, no floundering around on my part to try to match the sample renders. Shaders, textures, lighting, cameras all are part of the game, and its nice to get them usable right off the bat.

In the DAZ Originals category in the Shop (suitable for PC coupons) there are about 9,000 products, of which 18 are specifically for Carrara. I have to think the lack of such products is related to the relative low priority DAZ gives Carrara.

I do, of course, happily use many, many Poser products in Carrara, and consider the importer to be very good. But again the lights, shaders, etc. have to be re-created. But my real concern is the growing number of products that come only with the DSON version (if even that, some are DS only), no Poser version at all. So no way into C8.1.

Again, its mostly a matter of emphasis and incentive. I put a lot of emphasis on Carrara compatibility, and with a large collection of Poser and Carrara content, I am happy now. I have very little incentive to get into Genesis content and having to rely on a beta version of Carrara. If and when a production version of Carrara is avialable that supports Genesis, this may change, but still I don't see a big incentive. Yet.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:

In the DAZ Originals category in the Shop (suitable for PC coupons) there are about 9,000 products, of which 18 are specifically for Carrara. I have to think the lack of such products is related to the relative low priority DAZ gives Carrara.
    A very incorrect assumption. They are actually quite pumped about Carrara. I have talked with a few of the artists who have made Carrara products about the idea of making more stuff to get a huge variety into the store and most feel that Carrara is an application that allows you to do most everything on your own - and that those are the people buying and using Carrara - and... well... that's about the short of that. Ringo is now on board making shaders and is even taking requests. So that's really cool. I have a number of products on the bench, with woodlands being tested by DAZ as we speak. One thing about Carrara, though... is that whenever DAZ does release something, most of them simply feel that it is feeding the Carrara community - because we've always had to fiddle.

I even fiddle with the stuff that's made for Carrara.

I'm glad to hear your side, however, because I am hoping that more artists will jump on board and produce more Carrara products, or at least Carrara compatibility files for their products. But that may take some time to take hold. So I will do what I can to help remove some of the fiddling for you and others on the same page. Fenric currently has a utility for Carrara that can auto-set shaders to help remove that plastic look that comes with some models. I think that it even does that to all shaders in the scene(?) but I've heard customers say that it's very fast and easy. I still like the manual approach. I like to personally oversee all of the settings on all shaders within my scenes.
    EvilProducer has just released a freebie to the Carrara Cafe called Fantasy Village Terrain that has a couple of really nice lighting setups for outdoor use - so that you can choose which to use. magaremoto has some lighting set-ups for indoor use and outdoor use too. But you probably know about that stuff already. I am under the same idea that I'd like to see more Carrara products here at the store. But please know that this is not a DAZ 3D blow off. As a matter of fact, more and more of the products I've purchased (not intended for Carrara) don't need much, if any, shader adjustments.

To help in this endeavor, if you know of any Carrara users interested in creating high quality products for DAZ 3D, Give them This Link. The View Publishing Info Link takes you to a wealth of information about becoming a DAZ 3D Published Artist. Although it is mostly aimed toward Daz Studio, it can lead those interested to find out the answers they might seek. If any questions remain regarding more Carrara-specific publishing info, but are serious about becoming a PA, click on the "E-mail Rep" button and send the rep your questions clearly and completely as possible. I just say that because they are truly some busy, busy folks but are the ultimate dream to work with. Becoming a PA was a true honor for me and I intend to do a lot more in the future. That's where you truly begin to see all of the heart and soul that goes into this place and the products that they release to the public.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:

I have talked with a few of the artists who have made Carrara products about the idea of making more stuff ...

That is the right answer ... for me anyway. Lights, shaders, textures, effects, all working as the creator created. And avoids the 3D "Tower of Babble" that includes 3DS, OBJ, VOB, CR2, MAX, DUF, C4D, LWO, blend, ma, wrl, fbx ...

Howie Farkes alone has more Carrara items in the store than all the DAZ originals. And they are all pretty spectacular. And I have most of them.

Still, I suspect you have a hard sell with many content creators. I don't know the numbers, but I suspect there are way more DS/Genesis users (read buyers) than Carrara users. Still, good luck with it, and keep in mind the Cubs have won the World Series. Twice.

edited June 2013

One of the things I love about carrara is there is so much I can do myself.
    But as much as I love Howie's stuff, I don't need excellent forests, I need excellent trees.
    I don't need prebuilt scenes, I need the items to build the scene.

Andy makes some nice freebie buildings, but a town isn't just buildings, you need streets, and lamp posts, and phone poles and trashcans ..... So I would be more inclined to buy street scene elements then just the street scene.

I have a few of stonemasson's city/street sets. The beauty of these is all the elements that come with them. And some how I doubt Howei would be upset to know I tear down his scenes to use the elements in other scenes.
    I mean it's not like he is doing anything I don't know how to do in carrara he just has bucket loads more talent ;)

Now to keep this on track.
    Here is G2 in V4 dynamic cloths from Studio. Most all; so far, of V4's dynamic clothes come close enough to fitting G2 to be quite usable.
    And here is G2 in G1 clothes autofited in Studio; for obvious reasons. ;)

Something I haven't tried yet; mostly because there is too big of a chance of failure, is auto fitting V4 clothes to G1, saving then auto fitting them to G2. But big chance of fail plus big chance of fail usually means me getting real frustrated yes I will try to double up with both figures in the scene to autofit-autofit, but it might scare Studio to death lol.

g2_test5.jpg
    600 x 800 - 22K
    g2_r4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 17K
  • argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited June 2013

See, that's what I don't like about Optitex dynamic cloth. The parts of the dress I circled are unnatural. In an animation, those parts would, like, shimmer and frizzle to the point of distraction. I haven't found a way to get rid of this problemo. And it make me maddo.

Optitex1.jpg
    498 x 497 - 23K
    Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited June 2013

That wouldn't have been near as bad if I had applied one of the presets. The denim one works fine for stiff dresses. I do a fair amount of work with optitex clothes in studio, but how often do you see a finished animation? I do enjoy doing it, it's just very rarely do I get anything I like in the end.

Using the aniblocks I have on G1 or G2 is going to cause issues from the start. Using V4 or M4 means no real issues with the animation, but then you have the clothing issues regardless of the figure used. Serious ride up, or arms and legs passing through the clothing and/or getting snagged.

edited June 2013

As I said when I first got G2 I dropped her in to studio, dressed her in the V5 dynamic dress and did about a 40 second animation. Studio; of coarse, did most of the work. I sent i to carrara just to make sure it would go, but wasn't going to burn any juice rendering it.

g2_d.jpg
    640 x 480 - 14K
    g2_c.jpg
    640 x 480 - 15K
    g2_b.jpg
    640 x 480 - 15K
    g2_a.jpg
    640 x 480 - 11K
    edited June 2013

That's what I'm always careful about. Intersections of the body parts with the clothing or self-intersection of the clothing itself. I always make sure the hands and the arms and the shoulders are away from the clothing.

In my next movie, I always use Optitex clothing in animations. Every scene. I shouldn't, but I can't help it. It gives me so much trouble. I have to re-do scenes lots of times before I get it right. An unfinished scene with the dynamic bathtoom towel:

http://youtu.be/B7w1aW6U4EI

Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited December 1969

I know what to do to prevent it, I just don't have animate 2 to do it. I've been unemployed for a bit and trying to get by on a pitiful little monthly dividend. Animate 2 is one of the few things on my DAZ wish list.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    I know what to do to prevent it, I just don't have animate 2 to do it. I've been unemployed for a bit and trying to get by on a pitiful little monthly dividend. Animate 2 is one of the few things on my DAZ wish list.

don't need aniMate
    try - turn off Collide with - head -
    hands - feet

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    I don't know the numbers, but I suspect there are way more DS/Genesis users (read buyers) than Carrara users.I don't know the real numbers either - yet I still know that the difference is enormous!

Still, good luck with it, and keep in mind the Cubs have won the World Series. Twice.

Sweet! Where there is a need, we want to provide solutions. I shall increase my efforts!
    BTW, I am a fan of your animation works!
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    ManStan said:

don't need aniMate
    hands - feet

I do. Still have forearms and shins go through. If I could adjust the pose/animation so they didn't come so close, it would fix it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

Stan, do you have the animate plugin for Carrara or DS3A?
    with the first and fenric's pz2 exporter or the second and V4 for example you can save a pz2
    DS3A included baking to keyframes for animate

edited December 1969

bigh said:

don't need aniMate
    hands - feet

You do need Animate 2. It's not enough to turn off collide. Sometimes, you have to manually separate the limbs from the cloth. And I highly recommend Animate 2, not only for that, but for a ton of other features. I do all my rough editing in Animate 2 before I export to Carrara. Its a great tool.

edited June 2013

I've spent many days trying to create a workable Rosie figure using Genesis and many purchased addons - addons which I'm glad to have for many, many other characters. I never could quite get a good Rosie Character.

I already have a Rosie character Using the new Genesis 2 Female with Victoria 6 and the Face and Body morphs.
    With the previous Genesis, I had a dickens of a time getting my customized V4 three-layer hair to work. With this new one - It just worked quite well without any difficulty. The same holds true with her robe, tool skirt, and necklace.

Boots and any sort of knee pads, her underwear and arm wraps shut down Carrara upon any attempt to fit them. I think there may be other things too.

Posing both Genesis and Genesis 2 is just easy. I don't think it used to be that way before build 204. I recall having the same selection of bones issues that many of us wre experiencing with our own Carrara rigs on mmoir's Carrara-made dude - which made pose manipulations a real bear. I haven't noticed any such difficulties with either in this build.

Here's my new Genesis 2 Female Rosie with my M4 Dartanbeck in one of the fourty-two presets included in my up and coming Woodlands Kit. She still needs a few more tweaks, but she's close - and I see that I could have spent some time on her hands expressions - but still - she's working pretty nicely. I didn't get much time to play today, and I must go to sleep now. I'm getting anxious to see the version of Carrara that the devs are playing with. Perhaps I'll dream about that tonight!

DR_062513.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 959K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on