Carrara and Genesis 2

124»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited June 2013

I bet that she animates really nicely too. Can't wait to find out.
    Carrara is just amazing. I love having the ability to go in and create a dog gone morph on any little thing that I want. Rosie has always been a classic example of that with her hair and her ripped up (I'm the one who ripped it!) Kunoichi Kimono, by Anne Benjamin - Hair by Goldtassel.
    Dynamics look really cool - and I can hardly wait to see what Spooky's team does with the Bullet physics library for Carrara 9. I know that they have agendas... I just know it. Alright... it's a hunch. I really enjoy seeing you folks working with DS dynamics and/or Poser dynamics in Carrara. I don't mean that I like it when you have troubles... don't be silly. I love it when you pull off those great shots.

FYI:
    I made a storm animation with the trees really getting nailed by the wind. One of the most visible trees ended up flickering in and out of visibility - like it does in the plant editor if you make an ill-appropriate bend or curve. Normally I would have had to toss that whole rendered animation. But this was right after I bought Project Dogwaffle: Howler 8 - and I just watched a video tutorial (they have a whole user's manual worth of video tutorials for free on their YouTube channel) on how to rotoscope with the all powerful curve tool.
    Within an hour, and this was my first time, I had the trunk of the tree outlined using this curve tool, and key framed it to the end of the clip. It's very cool how that works - and it's easy if you're patient. Then I used the rotoscope options in the tool to fill it in so that it no longer flickered in and out. It also retained its animation from the wind and the camera was also in motion. Complex wrecked scene that took a night to render, fixed in about an hour and a half.

I'm thinking that this tool could help fix minor unacceptable quirks in dynamics(?)
    Just thinking out loud again. PD Pro is what I believe to be the perfect addon for Carrara if you plan to do any animations. Where you see still image artists doing photo style enhancements to their images, Howler let's you do that stuff across entire animations - and you can even keyframe changes in effects if you want. There are many things you can animate with it. Howler is the animation version - where "Artist" is just as powerful - but without the animation index. Huge value and, like I said, Philip Staigerman has tutorials explaining the entire interface and many of the filters brushes and options - and techniques on how to do it. If you want to just check out what it's all about, I have a thread with links to the tutorials and gobs of other useful information here.
    EDIT: And he offers to make more videos should the need arise - both he and Dan Ritchie are very hands-on with the customers to help you do new things - it's nearly infinite possibilities demand exploration. We have Head Wax on that task already! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Now that we have more infomation about G2, what concerns me is that there was no official word about Carrara future support,...anywhere. Not at Carrara Cafe, forums or marketing that I could find. New customers coming to the site might miss out that Carrara 8.5 could be ready for G2. This stops new sales in relation, right there.

For using Genesis(and content in general), Studio and Carrara are getting closer to the same features/complexity(imho). So why not mention Carrara, at the least, as an alternative Genesis platform(?). Im hoping in the very near future, that DAZ will see how much Carrara could be a major factor in overall content creation and uses(win/win).

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tbwoq said:
    Now that we have more infomation about G2, what concerns me is that there was no official word about Carrara future support,...anywhere. Not at Carrara Cafe, forums or marketing that I could find. New customers coming to the site might miss out that Carrara 8.5 could be ready for G2. This stops new sales in relation, right there.

For using Genesis(and content in general), Studio and Carrara are getting closer to the same features/complexity(imho). So why not mention Carrara, at the least, as an alternative Genesis platform(?). Im hoping in the very near future, that DAZ will see how much Carrara could be a major factor in overall content creation and uses(win/win).

Easy, carrara isn't the profit maker for DAZ Studio is. There is just too much you can do your self in carrara that DAZ would rather sell you.

But this has mystified me. If DAZ is working so hard to get their dollies to work great in carrara why treat carrara like it doesn't sell content?

And I have said it before, I'll say it again, and probably a few hundred more times. Studio is a great suport app for using DAZ content in carrara. Now I haven't worked at all with the new tool, but I used DS3 a lot for repairing and tweaking content as well as prerunning dynamic cloths animations. But with ADHD making learning anything a battle; that I often lose, I haven't tried to wrap my head around the new tools for genesis in Studio. I'd love to see what this weight-mapping can do with the older DAZ figures like Stephani, but I doubt it would be worth the time; I'd have to do all her clothes as well. But then isn't that why DAZ wants to sell me the Stephani morph for G1?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I bet that she animates really nicely too. Can't wait to find out.
    Carrara is just amazing. I love having the ability to go in and create a dog gone morph on any little thing that I want. Rosie has always been a classic example of that with her hair and her ripped up (I'm the one who ripped it!) Kunoichi Kimono, by Anne Benjamin - Hair by Goldtassel.
    Dynamics look really cool - and I can hardly wait to see what Spooky's team does with the Bullet physics library for Carrara 9. I know that they have agendas... I just know it. Alright... it's a hunch. I really enjoy seeing you folks working with DS dynamics and/or Poser dynamics in Carrara. I don't mean that I like it when you have troubles... don't be silly. I love it when you pull off those great shots.

FYI:
    I made a storm animation with the trees really getting nailed by the wind. One of the most visible trees ended up flickering in and out of visibility - like it does in the plant editor if you make an ill-appropriate bend or curve. Normally I would have had to toss that whole rendered animation. But this was right after I bought Project Dogwaffle: Howler 8 - and I just watched a video tutorial (they have a whole user's manual worth of video tutorials for free on their YouTube channel) on how to rotoscope with the all powerful curve tool.
    Within an hour, and this was my first time, I had the trunk of the tree outlined using this curve tool, and key framed it to the end of the clip. It's very cool how that works - and it's easy if you're patient. Then I used the rotoscope options in the tool to fill it in so that it no longer flickered in and out. It also retained its animation from the wind and the camera was also in motion. Complex wrecked scene that took a night to render, fixed in about an hour and a half.

I'm thinking that this tool could help fix minor unacceptable quirks in dynamics(?)
    Just thinking out loud again. PD Pro is what I believe to be the perfect addon for Carrara if you plan to do any animations. Where you see still image artists doing photo style enhancements to their images, Howler let's you do that stuff across entire animations - and you can even keyframe changes in effects if you want. There are many things you can animate with it. Howler is the animation version - where "Artist" is just as powerful - but without the animation index. Huge value and, like I said, Philip Staigerman has tutorials explaining the entire interface and many of the filters brushes and options - and techniques on how to do it. If you want to just check out what it's all about, I have a thread with links to the tutorials and gobs of other useful information here.
    EDIT: And he offers to make more videos should the need arise - both he and Dan Ritchie are very hands-on with the customers to help you do new things - it's nearly infinite possibilities demand exploration. We have Head Wax on that task already! :)

again with howler - its from 90's
    use Gimp .

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    tbwoq said:

Easy, carrara isn't the profit maker for DAZ Studio is. There is just too much you can do your self in carrara that DAZ would rather sell you.

But this has mystified me. If DAZ is working so hard to get their dollies to work great in carrara why treat carrara like it doesn't sell content?

And I have said it before, I'll say it again, and probably a few hundred more times. Studio is a great suport app for using DAZ content in carrara. Now I haven't worked at all with the new tool, but I used DS3 a lot for repairing and tweaking content as well as prerunning dynamic cloths animations. But with ADHD making learning anything a battle; that I often lose, I haven't tried to wrap my head around the new tools for genesis in Studio. I'd love to see what this weight-mapping can do with the older DAZ figures like Stephani, but I doubt it would be worth the time; I'd have to do all her clothes as well. But then isn't that why DAZ wants to sell me the Stephani morph for G1?

use G2 - it so much fun !

edited December 1969

bigh said:

again with howler - its from 90's
    use Gimp .
    I do use Gimp as well... I didn't even know I could rotoscope with it - I'll have to look deeper into my image editor! lol
    Howler 8.2d uses GPU cycles in many animation effects calculations. And it is not at all in competition or comparison with Gimp really.
    Thanks for the tip, though.

Like the bigh says, use G2 - it's better.

edited December 1969

I have yet to see the advantage of G2 over G1 in in carrara, in fact there are grievous disadvantages.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    I have yet to see the advantage of G2 over G1 in in carrara, in fact there are grievous disadvantages.

then use V4 ( Dynamic clothing works better on it any way )
    it's all about having fun by doing what works for you .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    ManStan said:

And the aniblocks work better ;)

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    bigh said:
    ManStan said:

And the aniblocks work better ;)

laugh :-)

edited December 1969

You Rock! :)