Mr Hugo Ball Website

2»

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Stunning, beautiful and exquisite work! Congratulations on your show - I hope you sell them all!

thanks DesertDude!!!! :) me too!

Steve K said:
    head wax said:
    Steve K said:
    head wax said:

Here's a bit of the inkbird which I dropped into  'Extracting the Stone of Madness"

Ah, yes.  Bosch makes me want to "have what he's having".  Or maybe not. surprise

In any case, very nice work.

hey thanks! Yes, it's s trange beast. I had a little fun doing the Hell torture scenes but it was kind of a lot of work.

this was one false start without post work etc

bigwithlotsofpeople.jpg
    2000 x 1127 - 2M
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Hey, watching the Commonwealth Games opening... stunning graphics!    heart Silene

SileneUK said:

Hey, watching the Commonwealth Games opening... stunning graphics!    heart Silene

ah I myst it again :) !! 

did you see this https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/neanderthals-cave-art-humans-evolution-science/ probably old news

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    head wax said:
    SileneUK said:

ah I myst it again :) !! 

did you see this https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/neanderthals-cave-art-humans-evolution-science/ probably old news

Yes I did, thank you... Alastair Pike works a lot with calcite dating and trying to improve the accuracy.  There is a lecturer I go to hear often named Paul Bahn... he's written lots of books, but one of them really stands out as it covers cave and rock art world-wide.  He's going to be giving a talk on the Australian Dreamtime next week, but I can't go to this one unfortunately.  It's a bit pricey in Australia, maybe you can get it from the library if you want to see the great colour images in it if interested.

Just as an aside, the French will not use calcite dating at Chauvet as they do not have the confidence in it. But some day they might have to if pressurised. I think in reality, they do not want any other European cave art to be older than Chauvet, so there's a bit of argy bargy with Spain and Zilhao over this.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Images-Ice-Age-Paul-Bahn/dp/0199686009/ref=pd_sim_14_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=36FWB79WDSXDZ0YWPJJX

yes Silene

Thanks SileneUK - isn't it amazing all the things that get discovered almost every day - and all these so interesting  - and fascinating! 

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Last night I stumbled upon a show on PBS (Public Broadcasting System here in the U.S.) called 'Fake or Fortune' featuring a questionable painting by Tom Roberts. I was delighted to discover his art.

P.S. trying to quote from early in your video,  "...I promised myself quite early in life that , when I got old I would start painting seriously and one day I wake up and I was 40 and decided I better pull my finger out and start doing it seriously, so..."

This totally resonates with me, but my revelation comes this year...at 50. :)

edited April 2018

Last night I stumbled upon a show on PBS (Public Broadcasting System here in the U.S.) called 'Fake or Fortune' featuring a questionable painting by Tom Roberts. I was delighted to discover his art.

yes Tom Roberts was a local hero - well still is apart from him being dead and all... Went to a great exhibition of his last year at our National Gallery - amazing landscape artist as well as portrait painter - he was the real thing. Interetingly seemed to mix a lot of ceruleans  into his distant mountains rather than mauves as eom of us are went to do . 

P.S. trying to quote from early in your video,  "...I promised myself quite early in life that , when I got old I would start painting seriously and one day I wake up and I was 40 and decided I better pull my finger out and start doing it seriously, so..."

This totally resonates with me, but my revelation comes this year...at 50. :)

It's never too late, mind you my best chance at success is from my digital work. And if I had started any earlier there just wasn't the computer power or software to do what I wanted. I would have just been a stinking rich painter ... hehe heh :) In my dreams....

I know plenty of good artists.

The ones who are very successful are those that are groomed by major galleries. They talk the talk, are (mostly) handsome or beautiful, are (mostly) still young, and (mostly) have amazing talent as well. The galleries see them as money in the bank.

EDIT: hey I just looked at your website, your paintings are exceptional

Post edited by Headwax on
    head wax said:

It's never too late, mind you my best chance at success is from my digital work. And if I had started any earlier there just wasn't the computer power or software to do what I wanted. I would have just been a stinking rich painter ... hehe heh :) In my dreams....

I know plenty of good artists.

The ones who are very successful are those that are groomed by major galleries. They talk the talk, are (mostly) handsome or beautiful, are (mostly) still young, and (mostly) have amazing talent as well. The galleries see them as money in the bank.

Lol and...sigh...

head wax said:

EDIT: hey I just looked at your website, your paintings are exceptional

Thanks for looking and the nice comment.