The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

i like the orange chicken at cheesecake factory, extra delicious with a maitai.

...mmmmmmmmmm.....orange chicken cheesecake with booze.
    smiley-eatdrink026.gif
    15 x 15 - 476B
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    My choices are Snow White and the Huntsman, Brave, maybe Abraham Lincoln, or Men in black 3. Not sure about avengers, though seeing Thor might make it worth it. Also its only matinee showing is at noon.

I'm hearing great reviews of Brave.
    ...I still want to see this. Just not into paying 14.50$ because it's in "Real 3D". Unfortunately as it seems to be doing so good may be a while before it hits the second run cinemas.

...getting late as my spelling co processor seems to be malfunctioning.

...'nite all.

smiley-sleep002.gif
    29 x 22 - 437B
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Really wanted a swim but didn't want to just go and dive in - too much like having fun when I should be keeping fit as well. So I went home first, got the plugs, the goggles, the good togs, the clean towel, walked to the pool, ten minutes, warmed up on a treadmill another ten, got to the pool proper - no diving, used the steps like the sign says - got in the water...and pulled a hamstring - left - inside 30 seconds. Pulled out of pool by pimply attendants calling out "dear" and "luv" - "ya feel any chest pain dear?" - in squeaky loud voices. A quite miserable and damp cab ride home smelling of chlorine. Put leg up. Still ouches. Still smell like chlorine. Still want a swim. Those are my complaints.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Awwww. So sorry to hear that, ps1borg.

I managed to get some four hours+ of sleep. Eh.

edited December 1969

A bit moar better nao, I got an ice pack on my thigh and gots ta laugh, if I had just gone and jumped around in some surf nothing would have happened - I might have turned blue I guess - but oh no, I gotta do everything by the book and screw up straightaway.

edited December 1969

Well... at least you weren't attacked by some rogue Pool Jellyfish and Chlorine Sharks.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well... at least you weren't attacked by some rogue Pool Jellyfish and Chlorine Sharks.

I had a dream once when I was like, 3 ~ 5 years old where a large shark lived in a swimming pool. I don't remember if he was aggressive or not, but he didn't seem to be. To this day it's the only dream I've had twice.

edited December 1969

I guess getting mauled by a shark might be worse than getting mauled by teenage pool attendants but it doesn't feel like that right now. Think I did no serious physical damage, my toes wiggle and I can lift the leg a bit, but I think dignity is a little frayed around the edges ;)

edited December 1969

Oh the undignity of old age! ;) Nah, just think of it as them kids finally being good for something. ;) ;) ;)

edited June 2012

A HUMAN POSSESSED BY A PHOENIX :D
    Those tag things on her clothes and hair are supposedly charms to keep her from burning herself.

Everlasting_Phoenix_Tail_by_noirioko.jpg
    550 x 550 - 203K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    A bit moar better nao, I got an ice pack on my thigh and gots ta laugh, if I had just gone and jumped around in some surf nothing would have happened - I might have turned blue I guess - but oh no, I gotta do everything by the book and screw up straightaway.

ouchee boo-boos. iz a good reason to stay home and relax for a couple days.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@ps1borg: oww oww oww, poor you! Get better soonest!

@Rezca: Cool! What anime is that from?

@world: Too hot. 91f at 10:30AM. Should hit 106f today. Have to go out into the heat to get lunch. Will melt. Ugh.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

How come when I get a really GOOD Dialysis headache my neighbors deside it's the perfect day to mow the grass for hours? Soon to be followed by those darn leaf blowers.

Would you please finish the grass already!?

edited December 1969

Oh mother of Celestia, thanks for reminding me -- tomorrow maintenance is likely to show up and butcher some grass over here as well. I kind of seriously doubt it needs to be mowed as often as they do it; one of the best things in being a kid was to roam in ankle-deep grass and feel it tickle skin.

edited December 1969

Not an anime, but a game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl17uhqSuqc
    Game is called Imperishable Night and she is one of them "Optional superbosses" that you have to go out of your way to meet. Not for mere mortals to attempt.
    She appears in a few comics as well, a couple official ones, and one very detailed fan-comic that shows her approaching the firebird and later getting possessed by it. Whether or not she is truly possessed by one is never revealed in any official work. Most of her abilities are phoenix-themed so it kinda makes sense. Besides which, she was a mere human teenager before she became immortal, and the Hourai Elixir she drank to become immortal could not have granted her those powers - it makes you immortal, but you're still weak and frail as before..
    The [very humorous] comic she appears in, that also features rabbit-girls as the protagonists, is located here: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Inaba_of_the_Moon_and_Inaba_of_the_Earth
    She appears in chapters 11, 12, and 18.
    I'd highly recommend reading it, since per forum TOS I can't post the pages here.

edited December 1969

This is actually what I'm using as me desktop wallpaper right now :3

mokou.jpg
    600 x 414 - 71K
    edited December 1969

*snickers* Sorry but this passage was too good not to mention. From chapter 18:

Keine: That aside... Are you eating properly Mokou? And your sleep? Aren't you trusting too much on your ability and burdening your body? (Lecture, lecture, lecture)
    Mokou: I get it. I get it... I am eating properly. I even ate some mushrooms the other day... Grilled them.
    Mokou: Oh yeah... I thought I was gonna die.
    Mokou: ...No... More like I really died from those. [Ability of Immortality]
    Keine: >_<</div>

Keine is essentially a lycanthrope or however you spell that. She's half-beast and turns into one on full moons. As a human she has the power to devour / erase history, as a beast she has the power to create it. Not sure how that works.
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Not an anime, but a game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl17uhqSuqc
    Game is called Imperishable Night and she is one of them "Optional superbosses" that you have to go out of your way to meet. Not for mere mortals to attempt.
    She appears in a few comics as well, a couple official ones, and one very detailed fan-comic that shows her approaching the firebird and later getting possessed by it. Whether or not she is truly possessed by one is never revealed in any official work. Most of her abilities are phoenix-themed so it kinda makes sense. Besides which, she was a mere human teenager before she became immortal, and the Hourai Elixir she drank to become immortal could not have granted her those powers - it makes you immortal, but you're still weak and frail as before..
    The [very humorous] comic she appears in, that also features rabbit-girls as the protagonists, is located here: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Inaba_of_the_Moon_and_Inaba_of_the_Earth
    She appears in chapters 11, 12, and 18.
    I'd highly recommend reading it, since per forum TOS I can't post the pages here.

Ooooh, thanks for all the info! I'll check it out when I get home!! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

As of the ... Sixth game I believe, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, all the games are for Windows. Up until Mountain Of Faith they should play just fine on even older laptops and desktops. The fighters on the other hand (Mystic Chain and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody) are a little harder on the computer.
    The games are pretty tough. Addicting, but tough. Nice music, pretty graphics, loveable characters. I for one SUCK at the game and often have troubles on Easy and rarely do well on Normal. Hard is out of my league and Lunatic is... Lunacy ^_^.
    The series is infamous for it's exponential leap in difficulty when reaching stage 4. Someone once said that Stage 4 turns around and burns Stage 3 with a flamethrower when you reach it ^_^;
    I personally like watching the videos of people squaring off against the Extra characters since I enjoy the visuals and the pretty music.
    One of my favorites is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnxTVPTE1PQ
    Music is great and so are the visuals. In fact I often let this play in the background the music is so great.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

As of the ... Sixth game I believe, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, all the games are for Windows. Up until Mountain Of Faith they should play just fine on even older laptops and desktops. The fighters on the other hand (Mystic Chain and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody) are a little harder on the computer.
    The games are pretty tough. Addicting, but tough. Nice music, pretty graphics, loveable characters. I for one SUCK at the game and often have troubles on Easy and rarely do well on Normal. Hard is out of my league and Lunatic is... Lunacy ^_^.
    The series is infamous for it's exponential leap in difficulty when reaching stage 4. Someone once said that Stage 4 turns around and burns Stage 3 with a flamethrower when you reach it ^_^;
    I personally like watching the videos of people squaring off against the Extra characters since I enjoy the visuals and the pretty music.
    One of my favorites is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnxTVPTE1PQ
    Music is great and so are the visuals. In fact I often let this play in the background the music is so great.

Cool! I'll check the games out too, I need something to do while I'm hiding from the heat and not writing or rendering (lol)!

My current laptop is pretty low-end, but it's going to be replaced with a decent i3 or i5 system with dedicated video hardware, so the new machine should do the job nicely.

edited December 1969

It's 12:30PM and it's 102f outside. the walk to/from Kens Taco Shack was oppressive, the sidewalk and road radiating back the raging heat from the Sun blazing directly overhead. Sure, I ended up with a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE AND PIG STRIPS, but I also managed to get my shirt sweated on, and so looked disheveled when I got back to the office. Oh well!

Downloading Ubuntu, PenDrive Creator for Windows, and Houdini Apprentice. Eventually the new 3D machine will be a dual-boot box, but for now, I'll run Linux. If things work out, Ppro and others will live on the new laptop and I'll just run Houdini/Blender on the new machine.

Code, code, code, writing lots of code. Code in a node, with a toad! The heat has made me silly... %-P

My KVM switch arrived last night, so I'm ready to do the build this weekend! W00 h00! :coolsmile:

edited June 2012

Whee! Payment finally went through and I got my Maxwell license in my inbox :3
    Even better, while I was trying to get this all sorted out their sales department informed me that the promo went from 20% to 30% and offered me the newer promo code so I got it at a bigger discount than before ^_^;
    The wiki I linked to has the English patches for the games which for the most part are very accurate (The shooter with multiplayer support, PoFV, sometimes has text issues though) but not the games themselves. Those have to be found elsewhere, but nothing a quick google search won't fix. Imperishable Night and Perfect Cherry Blossom are the easiest to find, Phantasmagoria of Flower View (PoFV) is much harder.
    I certainly get frustrated with the game easily, but I keep coming back. For the most part the games punish you for playing on Easy (Such as denying you entry to the final Stage and not being able to unlock the super-difficult Extra stages, as well as denying you the pleasure of seeing the "Good Ending". Essentially it's a defeat.), but Imperishable Night is a bit softer in that it allows you entry to stage six and even unlocks the Extra stage at that point. Though if you're like me and have trouble on Normal, then forget it. Lunatic mode basically just multiplies the number of stuff being hurled in your general direction, while Extra makes do with more complex patterns and the like.
    When you're just starting out with the series, I'd recommend Perfect Cherry Blossom or Imperishable Night. EoSD, Subterrainian Animism, and Mountain of Faith are too difficult. IN some people complain about how forgiving it is when it comes to handing the player Bombs, and it also sports a "Practice Mode" where you can square off any "Spell Card" you've seen before under the condition you only have one life and can't use the screen-clearing Bombs.
    You get bonus points in-game if you can "Capture" a spell-card... That is, don't get hit and don't use bombs, and don't let the time run out. All spells have a timer in the corner that will automatically "complete" that spell and then move on when it runs out, but it denies you the extra points. Some spells are "Time Outs" where you cannot damage the boss and MUST wait it out. Flandre's Secret Barrage - And then will there be none?, Mokou's Possessed by Phoenix, and Yukari's Boundary of Humans and Youkai are such spells.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Yaay on the Maxwell license! Happy rendering!

The games sound interesting - maybe too hard for this ojiisan (lol) but worth looking at. :coolsmile:

Argh, time for more ice tea! And to turn on my USB-powered desk fan...

edited December 1969

Aren't you happy that I told you about them? I'd have mine blasting my face, but I got a bout of headache so bad that each gust of wind feels like a stab to face...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

today's big frustrate, working on a style sheet for printable page and i don't know how to make it page break. when the table overflows the page, IE(8) is cutting off in the middle of a line of text instead of making the row print together on the next page.

the dw help pages aren't showing anything for page-break.

edited December 1969

Yaay on the Maxwell license! Happy rendering!

The games sound interesting - maybe too hard for this ojiisan (lol) but worth looking at. :coolsmile:

Argh, time for more ice tea! And to turn on my USB-powered desk fan...

Well there's no shame in playing on Easy... Nor in avoiding the optional stuff like the Ex Bosses and such.

'Know those LoLCat and caption thingies? There was one from Imperishable Night that had the caption "Touhou Project: Yes, I can do a 40-Man Raid...By MYSELF."
    World of Warcraft reference there, so I got the joke, but even if you didn't the entire flipping screen was covered in lasers and you had to squint to see where the player was. Later stuff and especially optional content are all about micromanaging and minimal movement or by knowing the "right path to take" as opposed to "The hardest video game boss ever" video where it's all about how many quarters you have in your pocket. Sure it may seem that way to mortals and outsiders, but once you get to know the series it's not that way at all.
    I don't have the pic anymore, and I don't want to go searching for it (Lazy. But I figure if you just google TOUHOU and then look in google images you'd find it in a page or two.), but here's the video the screenshot was taken from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSkjIaj0d0
    The "Spell Card" was Heaven Spider's Butterfly-Capturing Web and the scene starts around 3:15 into the video.
    Will I ever be able to face off against those? Hell no. Thankfully they're entirely optional and you don't have to face them in main gameplay. Total Purification also looks intense.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Aren't you happy that I told you about them? I'd have mine blasting my face, but I got a bout of headache so bad that each gust of wind feels like a stab to face...

I'm sooooooooooooo happy! Everyone else on this end of the building is envious, I hope nobody steals it! I'm next to a HUGE widow with poor insulation and it's 103f outside.

Aww, I hope your headache goes away soonest!

edited June 2012

Tell them where to get their own :D They are REALLY cheap in DealExtreme, too. And the pain is fading, but not fast enough to let me use the fan yet.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Four hours later and I still have not recovered from my treatment. Today bites in a BIG way. Call me Crampy Crampington, with the head that goes Thumpity thump.

Modern Medicine is just wonderfull. It will keep you alive if you do not mind the loss of your quality of life.

Non-Gripe: At least I think I can think okay today. Not Fuzzy in the head that I can tell.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Tell them where to get their own :D They are REALLY cheap in DealExtreme, too. And the pain is fading, but not fast enough to let me use the fan yet.

I'v pointed them all to NewEgg. Someone is going to make a few sales!

Well, keep getting better!!! :coolsmile:

This discussion has been closed.