The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Use the same e-mail login as you would use for the store. Worked for me?

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Complaint: hot. 8:30AM and it's already 81f. Supposed to hit 104f today, then 108f Wednesday.

HOTTTTTTTTT. :ahhh:

bloody freezing cold here, 2C overnight. Well, that's not freezing but it is very chilly :)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's pretty darn chilly! :-S

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    It seems we're going to have some reasonable weather this week. Good.

Excellent! Enjoy it for me! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Of course, what's comfortable for me is probably chilly to everyone else. :lol:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Not having those problems Safari 5.05, the Fast Reply function works fine on my mobiles as well ;)

Fast Reply works fine here too, it's just sometimes the forum thinks it'd be a blast to log me out while I'm typing in my post. In the old forum if I hit the Back button my post would still be there and I could Copy-Paste it, log in, and then make the actual post. The new forum deletes whatever I had typed. Also like I mentioned the Log-In page it brings me to doesn't recognize my username (Rezca) nor my password or email as being in the database - only the Log-In button at the top of the page.

Feels like a firewall issue, what happens if you (temporarily and experimentally) turn the firewall off for this site for a while ?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Not used to cold, only happens for about 40 days a year - I only have one sweater and it is getting a little sporty this year ;)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

My favored temp. range is from 60f to 80f (about 15C to 26C). Outside of that qualifies as too hot or too cold. :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Not having those problems Safari 5.05, the Fast Reply function works fine on my mobiles as well ;)

Fast Reply works fine here too, it's just sometimes the forum thinks it'd be a blast to log me out while I'm typing in my post. In the old forum if I hit the Back button my post would still be there and I could Copy-Paste it, log in, and then make the actual post. The new forum deletes whatever I had typed. Also like I mentioned the Log-In page it brings me to doesn't recognize my username (Rezca) nor my password or email as being in the database - only the Log-In button at the top of the page.

Feels like a firewall issue, what happens if you (temporarily and experimentally) turn the firewall off for this site for a while ?

Windows Firewall is turned off and the version of Avast I have doesn't seem to have one (I don't have the Internet Security edition)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

good mornin!

big thunderstorm outside. big boomer made my dog jump. his nervous panting is shaking the bed.

i'm too paranoid to leave my main compy plugged in during a storm. even though it has no hexacores :lol:

today is s'posed to be big wings3d day.

edited December 1969

My favored temp. range is from 60f to 80f (about 15C to 26C). Outside of that qualifies as too hot or too cold. :)

+50 F to +70 F (10 C to 15 C) for me, although I can go much colder easily enough and still feel comfortable.

I've entertained my neighborhood by going to store in 0 C (32 F) weather, wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt, light shoes and capris, and come back from the store eating ice cream.

...done the ice cream thing (but wore appropriate clothes) in -30 C weather too, although of course that means the ice cream is warmer than the air outside.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Complaint: hot. 8:30AM and it's already 81f. Supposed to hit 104f today, then 108f Wednesday.

bloody freezing cold here, 2C overnight. Well, that's not freezing but it is very chilly :)

108F? there is no appropriate emote

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

108F? there is no appropriate emote

It was like that quite often when I lived in Texas. The summers there get pretty hot. Air conditions would run nonstop and electric bills would be through the roof. I don't miss it. I moved back to NE US.

edited December 1969

sounds like the storm is passed. unless we're in the eye of the storm now.

there was a 80's era song called eye of the storm by Smashed Gladys. i still have the cassette tape, but i don't have a cassette player anymore. no 8 track player either.

now Donna Summers voice is playing in my memory "turn on the ole victrola"
    "last dance ... last dance for luuv"

Dione, "what do you get when yoo fall in luv ... pins that burst your bubble"

edited December 1969

is there a time in life when it's time to give up on love? i'm 48, never married.

it just seems the guys attracted to me are smokers who can't quit, and/or heavy in debt, like debt for life heavy; so, i'm shallow but i wouldn't want to marry that. there's no way i'd expose my dog to lung cancer

there isn't a single dude i'm attracted to at my day job.

the corsican cliff divers had my hormones activating. :lol: so, i'm still liking men.

the odds of mutual attraction :(

edited December 1969

It's always possible to find love, but nowadays it's hard due to the demands of working life and the resulting lack of time to look for someone. That and a lot of folks out there have unrealistic expectations and don't give a second glace to some who isn't 100% of their "ideal mate".

At my age (53) it's hard to find a lady that is't already married, or a divorced woman that isn't "so over men". Urgh. I hear it's REAL bad for divorced women with children, not too many fellahs want an instant family.

Hopefully someone will come along for you! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Don't give up on love -- but marriage is not required for love to happen. (Frankly, I would love to drag the ongoing "unless every second of marriage is full of romantic love, it has failed" idea behind sauna, and put it out of its misery with several whacks from a birch log. Romance is fine and dandy, but everyday life in marriage is about being there when you're needed, and 24/7 sparks in the dark would get pretty tiresome... speaking as someone who has been in a relationship for 17 years now.)

edited December 1969

12:32PM. It's 98f with 32% humidity. The A/C in the building hasn't stopped for the past 3 hours.

I bought my lunch this morning fro the 7-11 (chicken Caesar wrap and string cheese) so I don't have to go out in the Gods-awful heat.

The trip home will be very, very unpleasant despite my water bottle and tan straw hat. I'll melt, but I shouldn't burn.

Argh! HOT! :gulp::ahhh:

edited June 2012

I could talk about this game all day :3
    Touhou isn't just a shooter, there are also several fighter-style games. This particular one "Mystical Chain" is actually a fan-made game but series creator ZUN sorta considers it canon (Tohou is like, the only game in existence where 90% of fan-made content is considered canon XD )
    This particular battle is especially entertaining http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89seZJnIP0k
    and the music that accompanies the fight is awesomeness x2. It's an arrangement of Kaguya's theme "Lunatic Princess" and Mokou's theme "Immortal Smoke".
    At 3:16 the music and the battle are lined up almost perfectly, increasing the awesome factor considerably.
    It's not multiplayer like the other two fighters are, but the shooter "Phantasmagoria of Flower View" is. There is even a patch to play it online. Near the end one of the characters says why cherry blossoms are dyed a deep red.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I haven't played a game in AGES. Mostly because the video card on my current laptop is painfully slow for any fancy 3D work.

Hopefully when I replace my laptop, I can find a nice machine with a dedicated video card and VRAM.

edited December 1969

Split-pea soup with ham.
    I love split-pea soup. Ever since I was a kid. I went to a restaurant that specialized in it once :3

edited December 1969

Rezca -- split pea soup with ham is AWESOME. :) Especially with ittybitty dab of mustard. :)

edited December 1969

@Rezca: Yum! :-)

It's now102F outside, and lunch has given me indigestion, AND the landlady emailed me to say that the A/C unit is flakey and she has a tech on the way.

Crummy Monday. :down:

edited December 1969

Morning. Cold and inky dark in the predawn outside my window, no sign of any Sun and the central heating is working overtime at our house so far today :)

edited December 1969

is there a time in life when it's time to give up on love? i'm 48, never married.

it just seems the guys attracted to me are smokers who can't quit, and/or heavy in debt, like debt for life heavy; so, i'm shallow but i wouldn't want to marry that. there's no way i'd expose my dog to lung cancer

there isn't a single dude i'm attracted to at my day job.

the corsican cliff divers had my hormones activating. :lol: so, i'm still liking men.

the odds of mutual attraction :(

giving up is never the way to go ;)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Split-pea soup with ham.
    I love split-pea soup. Ever since I was a kid. I went to a restaurant that specialized in it once :3

We got takeaway from street vendors here called pie floaters, small meat pie in a bowl of pea soup that seems to be a traditional Aussie cuisine, although I'd rather eat my own arm :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Cold and inky dark in the predawn outside my window, no sign of any Sun and the central heating is working overtime at our house so far today :)

Good morning! :coolsmile: Hope ot warms up there, but not that it gets Texas hot!!! It's still only 102F here.

The landlady emailed me and told me she bought 2 window A/C units in case the central A/C is hard to fix. Whew! No baked loach for dinner!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Good morning! :coolsmile: Hope ot warms up there, but not that it gets Texas hot!!! It's still only 102F here.

The landlady emailed me and told me she bought 2 window A/C units in case the central A/C is hard to fix. Whew! No baked loach for dinner!

Our turn in the sun will come soon enough :)

edited December 1969

It's now 104f. :ahhh: :grrr: :gulp:

I sure hope the bus has a working A/C. I'm going to leave as safely close to the latest time that I can, so I sit at the stop as short a time as possible. There's a shelter there so there's some shade, but dayum, it's not going to be THAT cool!

I believe them when they say 108f this week. Argh.

edited June 2012

This reminds me of a time when we were visiting Estonia with my classmates, when we were 14 or so. Estonia was still under Soviet rule, althought it was on its last legs, as the year was 1988. You could smell the upcoming change in the air.

Anyway -- we were taken around the city (Tallinn) in a bus, it was a nice and very, very warm spring day (easily over +20 C, unusual for that time of the year!)...

...and the bus' AC wasn't just broken, it did not exist, AND... what was broken was heating. As in, it kept blowing hot air in. :O

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

the storm came back.

mail brought Kiki. :lol: and the 16 dollar s/w.

worked a couple hours in wings and spent some time reading this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavefront_Object_file_format

coming attractions: they made a Toy Story 3.

This discussion has been closed.