The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

:lol: All right... the corner of my mouth is now twitching upward.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."
    The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 42 degrees north latitude and between 58 and 60 degrees west longitude."
    "You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.
    "I am," replied the man, "but how did you know?"
    "Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost."
    The man below responded, "You must be a manager."
    "I am," replied the balloonist, "how did you know?"
    "Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

:lol: :lol: Okay, now both corners are up; btw, that's a variation I have never heard before. Most of the time I hear the version that cuts off after the first riposte.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."
    The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 42 degrees north latitude and between 58 and 60 degrees west longitude."
    "You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.
    "I am," replied the man, "but how did you know?"
    "Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost."
    The man below responded, "You must be a manager."
    "I am," replied the balloonist, "how did you know?"
    "Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I nearly spit me tea out! :lol: :coolcheese:

edited December 1969

One for the road...

you-brought-me-to-walmart-with-you.jpg
    412 x 332 - 34K
    edited December 1969

More wishlist items on sale at Rendo. This checks content money is now spent, but I got some V4 gear I needed to dress the evil antagonist in The Vicky Chronicles.

Saturday is moving day! Should take me about 1-2 hours to move all my stuff, then it's a trip to the grocery store to stock the fridge up with cookables and BEER! No going out until Sunday, I'm going to stay hone and set my place up.. might even sit down and put the new computer together (even though I need one last thing to connect it to the KVM switch).

Roast beef sub for lunch, and unsweetened ice tea! I forgot the sub place had unsweetened. Sleepy now...

edited June 2012

Happy new home Woolyloach.

May your beer always be cold and your women be hot! ;-)

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Happy new home Woolyloach.

May your beer always be cold and your women be hot! ;-)

Aww, thanks! :red: :coolsmile:

I'm cutting back on the strippers for a while, to focus on getting my Web comics off the ground. Maybe hot women once a moth or so (lol)!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

did you see the new Nightshift set at rmp? it's almost exactly what i need for a chapter illustration. just needs some texture tweaking.

sat by the fountain again today. i heard ice cream truck music, but was too far to catch it. almost had ice cream for lunch.

my createspace royalty due is up to 12.83. woo hoo -- not :humbug:

ordered my groceries today. it's scheduled for 20:00 to 22:00 delivery. i ordered a couple of party trays. i'm gonna have myself a party for me and my dog. home made pina coladas, fruit dip tray, veggie dip tray, poptarts in 2 flavors, frosty paws. salsa and stuff to make home made taco salad. :lol:

gotta vacuum and stuff tonight to be ready for my party tomorrow night.

edited December 1969

did you see the new Nightshift set at rmp? it's almost exactly what i need for a chapter illustration. just needs some texture tweaking.

sat by the fountain again today. i heard ice cream truck music, but was too far to catch it. almost had ice cream for lunch.

my createspace royalty due is up to 12.83. woo hoo -- not :humbug:

ordered my groceries today. it's scheduled for 20:00 to 22:00 delivery. i ordered a couple of party trays. i'm gonna have myself a party for me and my dog. home made pina coladas, fruit dip tray, veggie dip tray, poptarts in 2 flavors, frosty paws. salsa and stuff to make home made taco salad. :lol:

gotta vacuum and stuff tonight to be ready for my party tomorrow night.

Sounds lie you're going to be set! Have fun for me! :coolsmile:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I tried to get back to school in the fall but it does not seem possible. I do not know when I can return to school if ever.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Cold today and grey, and I'm busy - thank goodness it's Friday :)

edited December 1969

I tried to get back to school in the fall but it does not seem possible. I do not know when I can return to school if ever.

*hugs*

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Possibility I'll be going to the college in Ukiah for an art class and possibly Accounting as well.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Possibility I'll be going to the college in Ukiah for an art class and possibly Accounting as well.

Hey great, every artist should know a little about accounting, and every accountant should certainly know a little about art. If I had time I would take a chef's course with a cake major. *wants cake*

edited December 1969

i was thinking about making pineapple upside down cupcakes. if i can find pineapple jam or preserves, don't fancy mushing up a pineapple. kiwis are easier to manage. never tried kiwi with cake. :ohh:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Hehe :) :lol:

:)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    underground ballet drop

plee ayy :)

Feeling better about Poser today?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    underground ballet drop

it's a love-hate relationship with poser sometimes :lol: , but i've decided to be happy with the s/w i have for a while. no vue, no lux, not even going to install ezskin.

edited December 1969

i can't remember how to slide a vert in wings. it was more steps than sliding an edge.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    underground ballet drop

it's a love-hate relationship with poser sometimes :lol: , but i've decided to be happy with the s/w i have for a while. no vue, no lux, not even going to install ezskin.

Perhaps we should start doing how-to's again, share da knowing around a bit more ;)

edited December 1969

i can't remember how to slide a vert in wings. it was more steps than sliding an edge.

You need to select the axis you want to move the vertex along I think ;)

edited December 1969

i enjoyed this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVjot24X20

it's a special kind of screen capture magic to show the mousier arrow moving around like that

edited June 2012

i remembered to pick up the Bacardi on the way home, but forgot the calamine lotion.

the air feels oppressive, there's no mention in the weather about a storm front. the a/c unit is heavy, i can't put it in the window by myself.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

There's a tool for that in C4D that works on edges and vertices. Doesn't work on faces though. I use it a lot when making morphs to keep the texture from deforming too much - try and keep the original shape as much as possible.

edited December 1969

i enjoyed this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVjot24X20

it's a special kind of screen capture magic to show the mousier arrow moving around like that

N3D gives good video tute. Can't help thinking though that the whole weight mapping thing has a long way to go in the Poserverse. For example why can't I weight map a motion track? Why oh why? Oh the humanity.... :)

edited December 1969

a motion track? like a walk cycle?

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

There's a tool for that in C4D that works on edges and vertices. Doesn't work on faces though. I use it a lot when making morphs to keep the texture from deforming too much - try and keep the original shape as much as possible.

do nurbs work in c4d?

edited December 1969

chocolate milk and elfudge cookies , perfect bedtime snack

edited December 1969

a motion track? like a walk cycle?

Leaves on trees moving in wind, for example. Swelling ocean waves. A sunflower bending it's neck to the light. Or something I'm attempting atmo, a bird taking off. Those could all use a colour gradient applied as weights to selected polys to deform them in more natural movements and patterns.

(clik to skip ad) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bliPxn5e7mM&feature=relmfu

This discussion has been closed.