Power is out again. Arggh

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

So long as you and kittehs are safe :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

We are safe. I wanted a bake potato with the works but that is not happening as the power is out.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

your mifi battery is all charged up?

edited December 1969

your mifi battery is all charged up?

not really I forgot to do that.
    edited December 1969

does C4D use nurbs?

edited December 1969

Has NURB functions for modelling, from memory :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

We are safe. I wanted a bake potato with the works but that is not happening as the power is out.

Great. Cake instead? :)

cakecream0701.jpg
    216 x 232 - 21K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the alternative is rotting the stomach out on coffee, or worse, popping "uppers". My work has become so taxing with all the additional responsibilities that have been dumped on me that I need something to keep the mind sharp so I can just make it through the day. I am so physically, mentally. and emotionally drained by the time I get home these days I often don't even bother firing up Studio or Poser to work on things anymore.

...and 3D CG was supposed to be a means to relax for me.

I know, Darned if you do, Darned it you don't. The stress of my job was what drove me to energy drinks also. Red Bull, Amp and Monster all helped me past the crappy. I hope thing's ease up for you. But if I remember that correctly if you managed the crap okay all they did was give you more to do because you handle it all so well.

...actually it is more that they let one person go and instead of hiring someone new to fill the position they decided to pull me in to take over those responsibilities on top of what I was already doing. Basically, it has more to do with "penny wise and pound foolish" management trying to squeeze every last drop out of the remaining employees than it does with any kind of complement on my ability.

I'm not the only one this has happened to either.

I already don't have much of a life outside the workplace and commute the way it is. The extra workload and stress tires me out even more. I haven't finished a pic in months I've been so drained.

If it weren't for having to move at the end of the summer, I'd be out looking for a better work situation closer to home.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Opps... Sorry. I will not do that ever again. :red:

edited December 1969

I try not to work long hours, but is not easy to draw lines and then stay behind them, there are always pressures ;)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Not sure if it has "true" NURBS in the sense of Maya and Rhino, but the only way to get polygons out of splines is via NURBS objects. It's "HyperNURBS" object subdivides and smooths stuff, like Carrara's smoothing but with more control.

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZBa4Og_Kzo
    Awesome music, neat graphics, insane difficulty. I think this video is one of the things that keeps me playing the games despite how I suck at them. ^_^
    Song is Necrofantasia from the album Magical Astronomy. It's a remix of the original theme Necro-Fantasy.

edited December 1969

Found a pretty picture of the "Yakumo family". While they're not really a family in the strictest sense, they sort of function like one when they're not out and about.
    From top to bottom is the nine-tailed fox Ran Yakumo (Ran means Indigo), the cat-girl Chen, and Yukari herself.
    One thing that isn't immediately stated is that their names mean Orange (Chen), Indigo (Ran), and Violet (Yukari) which in the color spectrum orange is weakest (Chen is the weakest out of the three and is Ran's familiar) and violet is most powerful.

yakumo-family.jpg
    476 x 1080 - 95K
    edited July 2012

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

Not sure if it has "true" NURBS in the sense of Maya and Rhino, but the only way to get polygons out of splines is via NURBS objects. It's "HyperNURBS" object subdivides and smooths stuff, like Carrara's smoothing but with more control.

Dim memories of spin and other lathe type functions ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

should have 20 seconds or so of this cloud sim by Wednesday ;)

stormclouds71.jpg
    800 x 335 - 8K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Meh, legs hurt, feet hurt. Back sore and I'm bellyaching about it!

On this laptop, I founf out PPro is a LOT more stable if I turn off OpenGL and use Sree3D, and it's actually FASTER in the preview window! The Intel GMA in this thing is beyond lame.. argh. Just pathetic.

Took me a while to figure out how to import backgrounds, but a little RTFM fixed everything. Apparently you can import an AVI to animate over, many possibilities there. so far everything I've loaded works properly, even Mocks Creeping Brain (a must-have for my B horror movie renders).

Going to spend all day cooking, organizing, rendering, and taking care of myself! Short week next week as Wednesday is the 4th. of July. I'll be at home bbqing!

Everyone have a great day!

edited December 1969

cofffeee zombeee donde es coffffee rowrrr shuffl shuffl rwrrr

edited December 1969

Coffee sounds really good, unfortunately it's pouring rain and it's 3 blocks to the coffee shop! Even with my umbrella I'd be soaked. I think I need to buy a coffee maker!

We REALLY need the rain, though, so I'm willing to get damp when I go grocery shopping. Better a damp loach than a dry Austin!

Posers UI is really different so it's slow going. Trying to position spotlights and such is kind of a pain, I'm not sure if there's a "look through" like in DS4, I'm going to dive back into the manual whilst I sip diet Coke and nibble cheese!

Nothing like being snug in our place and listening to the rain come down!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Looking good so far! :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Power went out during the heat wave. It went out at 10:45 Friday night and returned Sunday morning. I didn't see any damage though.I was about to download some products from the Daz store too. I'm glad everyone else is O.K. after the big storm that went through our area last Friday.

It is 95 degrees F in the shade now. I have one comment about Melbourne, Australia: I didn't know that winds from Antarctica could reach the southern coast of Australia. I learned something new.

I'm going to look in my fridge for moldy food to throw out now. bye

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Great. Cake instead? :)

Power is back on

Maybe i can make cake in a bit

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Meh, and of course things got hot over here. And I totally hosed my rigging for a bit of prop I'm making... *twice* So I had to do it three times.

edited December 1969

there are bugs in my soda. guess the apartment is still hot. when the power came back on the ac stayed off.

actually i am hot but not hot enough to swim in soda.

edited December 1969

Posers UI is really different so it's slow going. Trying to position spotlights and such is kind of a pain, I'm not sure if there's a "look through" like in DS4, I'm going to dive back into the manual whilst I sip diet Coke and nibble cheese!

Cinema 4D doesn't have a "look through" option for lights, but it does have a tag called "Point At" which will cause the object to automatically face the axis center of any object you choose. Usually these are null objects which you can easily find and move about. It does make positioning and aiming lights much easier.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

...so exactly how long is it taking to render this all?
    edited December 1969

Coffee sounds really good, unfortunately it's pouring rain and it's 3 blocks to the coffee shop! Even with my umbrella I'd be soaked. I think I need to buy a coffee maker!

We REALLY need the rain, though, so I'm willing to get damp when I go grocery shopping. Better a damp loach than a dry Austin!

Nothing like being snug in our place and listening to the rain come down!

...made it to the coffee shop before the rain started. Was supposed to be sunny and in the mid 70s here today.

...right, and if you believe that, I have a half dozen bridges here to sell.

Yeah, I've been having a bit of a learning experience with Poser's lighting system as well. Daz's seems so much easier (at least for me) as it feels like working with real stage lighting. Then of course there is the ability to view through a light as if it were a camera. Really helps when the number of lights I'm using exceeds what my chipset is able to display in OGL mode.

BTW what is "Sree3D"? Is it a function of PPro?

edited December 1969

Is also a fighter game :3
    Still wonderful music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmHtzB-lMU

edited July 2012

SREE doesn't use openGL in preview mode. helps when your graphics card is lame. like mine :shut: -on board graphics card.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

i'd get more done if my desk chair was more comfy. actually, i'd like a replica of Capt Picard's ready room. including the fish aquarium.

This discussion has been closed.