The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Way past my bedtime. >_>

Mine too, but late start tomorrow so meh :) !

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    cofffeee zombeee donde es coffffee rowrrr shuffl shuffl rwrrr

Coffee sounds really good, unfortunately it's pouring rain and it's 3 blocks to the coffee shop! Even with my umbrella I'd be soaked. I think I need to buy a coffee maker!

We REALLY need the rain, though, so I'm willing to get damp when I go grocery shopping. Better a damp loach than a dry Austin!

Posers UI is really different so it's slow going. Trying to position spotlights and such is kind of a pain, I'm not sure if there's a "look through" like in DS4, I'm going to dive back into the manual whilst I sip diet Coke and nibble cheese!

Nothing like being snug in our place and listening to the rain come down!

You look through a light via its shadow cam , the shadow cam label and its light's label don't always match tho :) You can look thru the shadow cam and select its light and transform it using the dials on the parameter pane :)

Cool, thanks! I was reading the manual last night and nothing jumped out at me - I'll play with that tonight! :coolsmile:

I'm pretty darn happy with PPro 2010 right now - all my content works properly, it renders quickly even on good render settings, and it's easy to pose characters in (heh). I still have a lot to learn but it's going well, especially since I moved to SreeD. This won't be an issue on the new machine as it has a 1GB Nvidia "Fermi" card! POWERRRRR!!!!!

Blech, twisted ,my ankle moving. Am limping around today.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

it seems, formatting an epub file for Nook is not the same as Kindle. there a ncx something file for an index.

i'm sure Kim Harrison doesn't format her own epubs. She has peeps who do it for her. i don't rate peeps. whaaa ricky

edited December 1969

it seems, formatting an epub file for Nook is not the same as Kindle. there a ncx something file for an index.

i'm sure Kim Harrison doesn't format her own epubs. She has peeps who do it for her. i don't rate peeps. whaaa ricky

I use a thing called Jutoh, it saves to .mobi, Kindle, and I think Nook - I can't check from here as their site is blocked by our IT folks (the morons): http://www.jutoh.com

It's easy to use, affordable, and support is pretty decent. :coolsmile:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I have a case of the hic ups. hic up!

edited December 1969

I think my hic ups are over. I did my little trick and now they are gone.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

The only way I can get rid of them is by taking 10 little sips of water.

edited July 2012

I use a thing called Jutoh, it saves to .mobi, Kindle, and I think Nook - I can't check from here as their site is blocked by our IT folks (the morons): http://www.jutoh.com

:lol: my photobook is on amazon japan http://www.amazon.co.jp/Long-Island-Impressions-Nature-Wild/dp/0978783441
    it's all through createspace.

this looks adorable http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spice-Wolf-Season-Collection-DVD/dp/B00791OWQ6/
    girl with the ears and tail of a wolf

this looks promising http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?t=pi_reg_home

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I need to eat something and get dressed and get ready for work.

i feel depressed lately. i wish i could do something to make things better.

edited December 1969

:lol: my photobook is on amazon japan http://www.amazon.co.jp/Long-Island-Impressions-Nature-Wild/dp/0978783441
    it's all through createspace.

this looks adorable http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spice-Wolf-Season-Collection-DVD/dp/B00791OWQ6/
    girl with the ears and tail of a wolf

this looks promising http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?t=pi_reg_home

Cool beans! Too bad I can't read Kanji or Katakana...

Spice & Wolf looks pretty cool! I wonder if AnimeNation sells it?

Bleah tired, sore, want to go home. Stuck here for another hour and 45 minutes, then I have to shop for groceries. Bleah.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Just woke up and found my 3DTotal book waiting for me on the couch. It came with the limited edition playing cards too :3
    And I got to see those two quarreling dragons up close - a red one and a bright yellow one with a whip like tail. They apparently didn't belong to any specific story or world, and were just generic angry dragons. Even better :3
    Also sent a message to Skiriki last night before I went to bed. Doesn't look like it went through?

edited December 1969

Can you spot the dragon in this painting? D:
    I wish I could draw/color this well ^_^

the_lesser_pine_dragon.jpg
    600 x 416 - 148K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

It did, Rezca, I'm just so heat-struck that I can barely think.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    It did, Rezca, I'm just so heat-struck that I can barely think.

Very hot where you live right now? It's sorta hot here too but I've got a fan going so it's not too hot.
    I asked because once I typed up a huge Note and sent it and it never went through because my "outbox" was full.
    Fifteen minutes of typing for nothing. XD

edited December 1969

Well on a global scale it is nothing but a bit warm, but a bit warm is "man it is hot" to me. (In other words, +20 C or above. Yeah, I kinda like it cold.) But the message came thru and I just can't think. I'll reply tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Morning. 9C here ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    cofffeee zombeee donde es coffffee rowrrr shuffl shuffl rwrrr

Coffee sounds really good, unfortunately it's pouring rain and it's 3 blocks to the coffee shop! Even with my umbrella I'd be soaked. I think I need to buy a coffee maker!

We REALLY need the rain, though, so I'm willing to get damp when I go grocery shopping. Better a damp loach than a dry Austin!

Posers UI is really different so it's slow going. Trying to position spotlights and such is kind of a pain, I'm not sure if there's a "look through" like in DS4, I'm going to dive back into the manual whilst I sip diet Coke and nibble cheese!

Nothing like being snug in our place and listening to the rain come down!

You look through a light via its shadow cam , the shadow cam label and its light's label don't always match tho :) You can look thru the shadow cam and select its light and transform it using the dials on the parameter pane :)

Cool, thanks! I was reading the manual last night and nothing jumped out at me - I'll play with that tonight! :coolsmile:

I'm pretty darn happy with PPro 2010 right now - all my content works properly, it renders quickly even on good render settings, and it's easy to pose characters in (heh). I still have a lot to learn but it's going well, especially since I moved to SreeD. This won't be an issue on the new machine as it has a 1GB Nvidia "Fermi" card! POWERRRRR!!!!!

Blech, twisted ,my ankle moving. Am limping around today.

Last week was bad for limbs all over, still got a bit of a limp myself ;) You can also adjust shadows using the shadow cam parameters http://my.smithmicro.com/tutorials/1801.html

edited December 1969

I need to eat something and get dressed and get ready for work.

i feel depressed lately. i wish i could do something to make things better.

*hugs* Saint Francis of A-See-Saw is the patron saint of ups and downs, perhaps he will make you smile :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well on a global scale it is nothing but a bit warm, but a bit warm is "man it is hot" to me. (In other words, +20 C or above. Yeah, I kinda like it cold.) But the message came thru and I just can't think. I'll reply tomorrow.

Yeah, I start to complain above 20C, problem is here it's 35C,

edited December 1969

Can only dream of summer and 35 degree days here, seems to be the coldest winter for a decade but that's what you hear every winter, we just aren't used to the cold :)

edited December 1969

eyelids heavy.

m&ms; taste salty cuz i accidentally put pistachios in the same bowl

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,931
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    bwaomega said:
    Kyoto Kid, for this program he has, at best, a single core with around 3Gigs of RAM. Doesn't matter how many cores, or how much RAM when you're running a program that only recognizes a small fraction of the power you have.

True, is running on a Windows box with meagre resources, Mojo won't use any more than those available at the turn of the century, when Ken Musgrave

http://www.kenmusgrave.com/

was active. Mojoworld is in any case more a philosophy than a software application, philosophies generally aren't upgradeable ;)
    ...ah, kind of like Bryce in a way. That's an application which would really benefit from going 64 bit.

edited December 1969

Spanakopita, with the best Fetta cheese, in a box for lunch. Wow is real sunny today, but cold - ice in the shade but fire in the sun ;)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    bwaomega said:
    Kyoto Kid, for this program he has, at best, a single core with around 3Gigs of RAM. Doesn't matter how many cores, or how much RAM when you're running a program that only recognizes a small fraction of the power you have.

True, is running on a Windows box with meagre resources, Mojo won't use any more than those available at the turn of the century, when Ken Musgrave

http://www.kenmusgrave.com/

was active. Mojoworld is in any case more a philosophy than a software application, philosophies generally aren't upgradeable ;)

...ah, kind of like Bryce in a way. That's an application which would really benefit from going 64 bit.

Haven't used Bryce, are the skies dynamic ?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,931
    edited December 1969

...not sure. Never heard skies being described that way. I always thought "Dynamic" related to just cloth and hair.

edited December 1969

i want to make an order here but I am about seven dollars short. might have it on the prepaid credit cards, but that is spread out between lots of cards.

wonder what i can do.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

The only way I can get rid of them is by taking 10 little sips of water.

I take a large drink of water, large enough to belch, which usually gets rid of them.

It's funny how people have their own way of getting rid of hiccups.

edited December 1969

i want to make an order here but I am about seven dollars short. might have it on the prepaid credit cards, but that is spread out between lots of cards.

wonder what i can do.

Sell a kidney?

On curing hiccups: mine is meditative breathing, which tends to work except in case of extreme serial hiccups. On a related note, Significant Otter finds my way of hiccuping hilarious.

edited July 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...not sure. Never heard skies being described that way. I always thought "Dynamic" related to just cloth and hair.

Heheheh That would make a lot of people go "Gasp!" if you said that on the Cinema 4D Cafe forums XD
    Technically dynamics can also apply to Thinking Particles as well since unlike normal particle systems the particles are sort of "programmed" to collide with not only each other, but also foreign objects. TP is often used for rain, since unlike a standard particle system, the Thinking Particles will not pass through ceilings and such. While you could just use a desctruction object to terminate the particles upon impact, they only come in primitive shapes - spheres and cubes.
    Softbody and rigid-body simulations also fall under the dynamics category. Gas and liquid simulations can be considered dynamics, like RealFlow and DPIT Effex.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Vm1HQtOto <---- Dpit Effex being awesome.<br /> 0:26 ~ 0:40 Dragon fire maybe?
    But yeah. Things I hear often are:
    Cloth dynamics
    Hair dynamics (Or dynamic hair)
    Spline dynamics (Yup.)
    Fluid Dynamics
    Smoke/gas simulations (Rarely dynamics is used to describe this, but people categorize it as such)
    Rigid Body Dynamics (Like a catapult? Buildings blowing up too.)
    Soft body dyanmics (Jiggly! Squishy and soft too)
    Particle Dynamics (Usually this means Thinking Particles since standard particles aren't usually dynamic)
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

wonder what i can do.

Sell a kidney?

On curing hiccups: mine is meditative breathing, which tends to work except in case of extreme serial hiccups. On a related note, Significant Otter finds my way of hiccuping hilarious.

the sale would be over by then. ;-)
    I found some prepaid cards and used them to buy daz gcs until I had enough.

I had to remove everything from my cart to order the gc from daz then once I got enough I reloaded the cart and checked out.

This discussion has been closed.