A few to view

marblemarble Posts: 7,449
edited May 2018 in Art Studio

I posted these in another thread without thinking that the thread was for his or her renders so I'll start a new thread for these. I was playing with mixing Toon Generations 2 with more realistic characters and skins and these were the results ...

Toon George-Ivan.png
1200 x 1200 - 1M
Toon Gramps.png
1200 x 1200 - 2M
TG Jun Dressed.png
1200 x 1200 - 877K
Toon Mum Dressed.png
1200 x 1200 - 764K
Toon Teen.png
1200 x 1200 - 1M
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited May 2018

Personally I love them alllaugh Keep them coming !!

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    carrie58 said:

Personally I love them alllaugh Keep them coming !!

Thank you again - and sorry for the intrusion. :)

No need to apologize just keep your renders coming ,you are using Iray right ? I like the look

edited May 2018
    carrie58 said:

No need to apologize just keep your renders coming ,you are using Iray right ? I like the look

Yes, IRay with practically default settings. The experimentation was with skin shaders (Altern8), character mixing and morph dials.

Post edited by marble on

Me I've stuck with 3DL got too many shaders  to go to Iray and still learning 3DL

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

I absolutely love these characters.  Don't stop.

carrie58 said:

Me I've stuck with 3DL got too many shaders  to go to Iray and still learning 3DL

I've tried everything (other than Octane). I spent a few years rendering with Reality/Luxrender but converting the materials was a chore. Eventually, I saved enough to buy a computer with a decent GPU (only a 1070 but good enough for my purposes) and I'm still learning IRay. I'd love to be able to send scenes to Blender when the new Eevee engine is live but I suspect, even with Casual's scripts, material conversion will again be the limiting factor.

Diomede said:

I absolutely love these characters.  Don't stop.

Oh thank you. I bought a couple of Little Ones kids but haven't got around to mixing them with other characters yet. Next project. smiley

edited May 2018

Here's Granny in close up. I mixed her with a character call Jun from the other store.

Granny Close Up.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love these!  I don't do toons myself but really enjoy seeing what others do with them.  These look great with the more realistic skins

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Wonderful characters!  I love toons and tooning up the more realistic characters.  You are far more successful than me, and I'm enjoying this thread a lot.

Thanks for the lovely comments. When I saw Carrie58's thread with some Toon-mixed characters, I thought I'd post a few too as that's what I've also been playing with over the past few days. It is very gratifying to have some positive feedback.

By the way, I tweaked the Granny close up so that is an updated image as of a couple of minutes ago.

edited May 2018

A Toon Vamp ...

Vamp.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M

She's got Betty Davis eyes....

carrie58 said:

She's got Betty Davis eyes....

Yeah. I thought Susan Sarandon who, of course, played Bette Davies in the miniseries "Feud".

edited May 2018

A mix between The Little Ones Female and Julie ...

Little Julie.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1006K
  • themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

These are fantastic @marble  I love that combination of cartoon and realism.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cute work

edited May 2018

Today's project: IRay bedroom at night ...

!IRay Bedroom Night.png
    1600 x 1280 - 4M
    Post edited by marble on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Wow, love those TG2 mixes...

edited May 2018

Wow, love those TG2 mixes...

Thanks. Here's old gramps enjoying the sun at the Trailer Park...

TT01.png
    1600 x 1280 - 4M
    Post edited by marble on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Wow, that is a very nice result of mixing "real" characters with toons. I like the style you created with that.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I have never tried to toon my characters yet but this is really incouraging and so is Carrie's thread!!!

You both are doing amaing work.

How's it going got any new Toony renders?

carrie58 said:

How's it going got any new Toony renders?

Ahh, no. Have not revisited the Toon renders in a while. I've just bought the "Ultimate Skin Manager" so I'm experimenting with skin settings at the moment. I'll post if I have any interesting results.

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

These are looking pretty good, don't remember seeing toon characters quite like these before!

When I'm callin youuuuuhoooo sorry soo how's it going?

edited November 2018
    carrie58 said:

When I'm callin youuuuuhoooo sorry soo how's it going?

Sorry, have been taking one of my periodic breaks from the hobby which I do when it begins to stale a little for me. Anyhow, I just fired up the PC again last week and reminded myself of what it can do. I bought a few things in the sales so no my bank account is thoroughly depleted. I've been experimenting again with my favourite DAZ STudio pastime: character mixing. Here's a mixture of Miheala, Dorothea and Edie with the skin mat from Aibell (G3). Makes a nice, classy, mature lady, don't you think?

Mayella Dressed 03.png
    1200 x 1200 - 813K
    Portrait.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by marble on

Very nice marble

carrie58 said:

Very nice marble

Thank you :) It occurred to me that this one has something of the Susan Sarandon look too. Not deliberate - maybe Freudian?