A few to view

13»

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,234

Wow, you lied to us. You told us you weren't an artist. Great creations.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited May 2022

AgitatedRiot said:

Wow, you lied to us. You told us you weren't an artist. Great creations.

Really, I don't know what to say. So here's a little playmate for the little girl back there.

Toon Boy Jaylen 02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 878K
    Toon Boy Jaylen.png
    1200 x 1200 - 611K
    Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

Last one for now ...

Toon Young Woman 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 726K
    Toon Young Woman 02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by marble on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Nice Ones @marble, put a smile on me face:)

Sven Dullah said:

Nice Ones @marble, put a smile on me face:)

Ah well, it was worth posting them then. Thanks. :)

edited May 2022

For the sake of comparison, I thought I might post a few characters that are not hybrids of toons with regular figures. So these are some of my people who are the result of morph dials and switching skins or shapes between regular DAZ and PA characters. Again, I'm trying to show why this hobby is more than just buying the latest Olympia or Mei Lin. It is wonderful to move sliders and watch a whole new personality appear.

Here's a starter. A few more will follow.

Dawn 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 936K
    Dawn 02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

I call this guy Viktor.

Viktor 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 848K
    Viktor 02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

A boy and a girl ...

Liam 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 984K
    Eloise 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 924K
    Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

An older lady ...

Mama-Jo 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 887K
    Mama-Jo 02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

And perhaps not so old ...

Magda 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 879K
    Magda 02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

Finally, definitely young ...

Trixie 01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Trixie 02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by marble on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Very nice

carrie58 said:

Very nice

Thank you again, @carrie58

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846

Wonderful character designs and expressions marble! Thanks for sharing what you create. I enjoyed seeing all the characters from the toony to the not-so-toony.

Love that lady in the long green dress with the lip biting expression. How cute is she! And great expression on the closeup of the older lady character.

It's definitely true, dialing in new characters and discovering all these new people and personalities is just amazing. I like how much further you take it by working through the process fully, with natural face details and body shapes. Really nice work!

edited May 2022

SapphireBlue said:

Wonderful character designs and expressions marble! Thanks for sharing what you create. I enjoyed seeing all the characters from the toony to the not-so-toony.

Love that lady in the long green dress with the lip biting expression. How cute is she! And great expression on the closeup of the older lady character.

It's definitely true, dialing in new characters and discovering all these new people and personalities is just amazing. I like how much further you take it by working through the process fully, with natural face details and body shapes. Really nice work!

Thank you very much for your comments. I don't have any G8.1 characters so I am perhaps more limited with facial expressions. I gather that 8.1 has a better face rig to provide more flexibility with expressions. However, I am a believer in less is more and there's so much you can convey with a slight smile or positioning of the brows. I really avoid most of the expression dials because in no time you can find your character in the dreaded uncanny valley which is where I see many of the attempts at human expression posted in galleries and Deviant Art, etc. So I try to restrain myself.

Post edited by marble on
    edited May 2022

So far, all of the images I have posted have paid little attention to lighting. I'm no photographer so what I know about lighting is dangerous but I can, at least, attempt to apply the basics. So I tried a portrait with a custom lighting rig from Paper Tiger. I have a few from different PAs and I have no idea which is better so I just picked one at random and shifted the lights around slightly to light my subject. So here's another older woman but with a little more attention to making it look like a portrait.

Agatha Portrait 02.png
    2000 x 2500 - 5M
    Post edited by marble on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Those are all good. As usual, I like the toon styles better.

I don't make unique dial-ins as nearly as often as you do although I started off doing about every other character as a unique dial-in. I think I'll not post any of mine here as it's nice to see all these in this thread as yours. But if anyone curious the link is in my signature. The older the render, the more likely I heavily dialed it, particularly before I bought the Girl 7 Pro Bundle, Guy 7 Pro Bundle, Girl 8 Pro Bundle, Ollie & Edie 8 Pro Bundles, and so on. You can see why I dial-in less with that array of DAZ Pro bundles. Also the 3DU & PedroFurtadoArt toon products are great.