Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comparison, Trish, much appreciated. How is it if you export the horses from DS as OBJ and then import them into Bryce?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited September 2013

Horo; That is how I took them over as wavefront objects .....I don't use the useless bridge for anything if you compare the specularity maps mil. horse is 0 horse 2 is set to 100....oh also I took them over together as a group. Here he is with part of his maps set to 0....I just really thought the new horse would be special but if you have the mil. horse and purchase...CWRW Pro Textures from Daz you get the same colors that come with the new horse2

horse8.png
    664 x 423 - 324K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited September 2013

Here they are rendered in Daz ......Which is which.......LOL with the pro textures its hard to tell unless you are a horsey person...I guess I am disappointed that I spent good money for the new horse....He does come with more poses...sorry for all the posts but my internet is wacky at the moment

rendered_in_daz.jpg
    800 x 600 - 297K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Trish: "useless bridge", I like that - though it's actually a pity for all the work DAZ 3D did on the bridge for Bryce 5.5. There are things that get over quite fine, mostly props made in Poser.

edited September 2013

Horo; ah yes Poser I think I still have a copy of that on my hard drive somewhere but its only Poser6....I did use it quite a bit for that but since I got my handy dandy new puter ....I am trying to learn the Dark Side more. since its free

Post edited by Trish on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Goodness, you are all forging ahead rapidly - or I am going slow?

Dave, yes I know what you mean about the blackened sandstone stone, they did this in Sheffield (the sandblasting), the palace just doesn't look the same (and it made a right mess).

Mermaid, excellent render, good to see you experimenting with new shapes!

I decided to run off a few styalised renders, to see how these shapes would look.

Styalised_test5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 148K
    Styalised_test3.jpg
    850 x 850 - 198K
    Styalised_test4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 161K
    Styalised_test2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 102K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, Guss and David .

David the stylized renders are interesting

I have a question about the IBL and Hdri, is there a rule of thumbs regarding the Hdri Effect- TA Optimization option -when should the option be check or unchecked.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Been playing with some new goodies. Didn't quite come out how I wanted it to though

Honu takes his family sightseeing, to see the pretty gardens.

Honu_goes_sightseeing._.jpg
    675 x 900 - 632K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole; I think it looks real good!! glad your back head wax said they had kidnapped you and want ransom....glad you got away!!

edited December 1969

chohole; I think it looks real good!! glad your back head wax said they had kidnapped you and want ransom....glad you got away!!

I know they are determined to teach me Carrara in the shortest time possible. Hmmm. I love my Bryce.

edited December 1969

@David - those thingies can be excellently shown stylised. I love each of them but the toon one really hits the eye.

@mermaid010 - never mind how the the control is set unless you use Obscure Lighting of any sort, then disable it, otherwise for "simple" TA, have it on, which is the default.

@Pam - very nice start. Well, I did have to use Carrara a few days ago to test some IBL on Bryce, Carrara, DS and Octane. The GUI failed to enthral me once again.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - those thingies can be excellently shown stylised. I love each of them but the toon one really hits the eye.

@mermaid010 - never mind how the the control is set unless you use Obscure Lighting of any sort, then disable it, otherwise for "simple" TA, have it on, which is the default.

@Pam - very nice start. Well, I did have to use Carrara a few days ago to test some IBL on Bryce, Carrara, DS and Octane. The GUI failed to enthral me once again.

I am glad I am not alone. Strangely enough the first thing I tried to master was the terrain editor, It just doesn't wrok as well as the Bryce one for me. I know I should go back and have another go, but I enjoy playing with Bryce, so far Carrara is a chore, not fun.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ... I enjoy playing with Bryce, so far Carrara is a chore, not fun.

That's what I say. I want fun, not labour. Of course, nothing against Carrara, it does have its virtues.
  • edited December 1969

This is not a volumetric texture but a stack of 100 2D vertical faces (multi-replicate).
    The rendering is not faster than a volumetric texture.
    Just a test...

Test_non_volumetric.jpg
    640 x 480 - 101K
    edited September 2013

This is not a volumetric texture but a stack of 100 2D vertical faces (multi-replicate).
    The rendering is not faster than a volumetric texture.
    Just a test...

A volumetric material is actually a stack of 2D faces. This can be seen if quality is set low. It depends how the light falls on it. Interesting test nevertheless.
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

My replies are bit slow, a few scenes I am going to mention already date a bit back. I hope you don't mind.

@TheSavage64: I do love your picture with the sad fairy. (I do love nearly all of your scenes, but this one is truly nice). The colours are splendid, the water looks lovely, the rocks texture is great. But there are not only the technical things, I think what I really like is the bittersweet atmosphere.

@David: Smashing Wings3D shapes. What fasciante me, are this catchy half-transparent plastic materials in the octane renders. Hardly to achive with Bryce.

@bullit35744: The second horse barn looks much better. Well done. You asked me about the figure. It is not vicky, but a genesis figure. The hair and the turtleneck are from DAZ.

@Horo: Thanks for your comment to the skin. I used the bump map, that came with it

@Fire Angel: Underdressed pilots ;-) Your are completly right, when it is hot, then you should dress accordingly.

@Raindrop Drinkwater: I guess it is Batman

@Rareth: Your Wings3D shapes are very well done. I like a lot the torus knot interlinked chain on page 51. Very nice materials.

@fencepost52: Uuh your "TopMod-style object created in Wings 3D" I would like to touch it.

@GussNemo: Your WingsThingies turned out very well. They have a catchy ground, too.

@Gabriel: This sunken Statue of Liberty is really cool.

@mermaid10: Though your Icosahedron picture is simple, it looks very convincing. Well done.

@Chohole: What a pretty scene.

So and now I nearly run out of my english words and anyway here it time to go to bed, soon. A nice evening to everybody.

edited September 2013

Horo said:

Thanks Horo.

Another quick question should one always use premium render with Blurry Reflections checked if one is using a material which has some anisotropy.

Thanks Elvis - something simple is good too. :)

Chohole -beautiful scene.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Nice looking horses, and cheaper to keep.

@David: Stylized images are great, they all look like real drawings.

@Pam: Neat scene.

@Gabriel: That looks like a block of scrubbing material. Or the material used to keep flowers upright in vases.

@electro: Thank you.

After being inspired by mermaid, with the extrusions on the icosahedron, I went back and started playing around with the one I had made following David's tutorial. Quite by accident, which is what usually happens, I discovered a neat object by hiding the main object. Below are a few images of that object with different ground and object material. I then had an "what if" moment and the last one is the result.

Icosahedron_w_Grid_Over_Shell_5.png
    750 x 750 - 967K
    Icosahedron_w_Grid_Over_Shell_4.png
    750 x 750 - 1M
    Icosahedron_w_Grid_Over_Shell_2.png
    750 x 750 - 1M
    Icosahedron_w_Grid_Over_Shell_1.png
    750 x 750 - 962K
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - nice "woolball" shapes again.

Another quick question should one always use premium render with Blurry Reflections checked if one is using a material which has some anisotropy.

No, anisotropy works on specular. Left regular, right premium with blurry reflections 64 rpp.
    Aniso.jpg
    800 x 400 - 12K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @GussNemo - nice "woolball" shapes again.

No, anisotropy works on specular. Left regular, right premium with blurry reflections 64 rpp.

Thanks Horo for the examples. I remember now David did say something about specular when I did the temple scene using David's anisotropy tutorial.

Guss - great model and I love the background you used.

Here's another go with David's Icosahedron tutorial. The first is the Icosahedron and the second a Dodecahechron

dodecahechron.jpg
    500 x 650 - 26K
    icosahedron_.jpg
    600 x 600 - 34K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Gabriel...that's quite nice an effect - almost chalk-like, or Gouache.

Jay

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

A very old render from the Bryce 3.1 days in this household. Not the technical quality I could achieve now but still a smile-raiser. Imagine having to explain this when you get back to the dairy...

Hijack.jpg
    1280 x 959 - 381K
    edited September 2013

Guss; Very nice!!!! Its between first and second one can't make up my mind......ok both I like both

fire angel; interesting concept about milk

Just 2 exp. of me....don't faint or anything ...playing with the dte...watched one of Davids vids.....does not mean I understand it by any means but heres what I got so far.....I am way far from creating anything yet just playing with buttons.........Trish

exp2.jpg
    877 x 595 - 470K
    exp1.jpg
    907 x 665 - 330K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - shapes came out fine, I like the second one.

@Fire Angel - funny!

@Trish - it's a start.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Great Renders everyone!!!

working on actually modeling something in Wings 3D (not that I don't like all the awesome shapes that are being produced, I love them)

Wings-Monitor.jpg
    800 x 800 - 405K
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - a submarine?

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Rareth - a submarine?

actually its a civil war era ironclad (I watch too much history channel)

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have been playing at making chains using the Torus Knot and since I don't recall anyone using anything but the Type 1 torus knot I decided to see what the other torus knot types look like. I am attaching the regular style chain link torus knots of each of the other types. All are using the same material (Polished Bone and Polished Silver). The ground material is one of David's from the Pro Materials (Lake Water). Lighting is using Horo's Furka HDRI light probe as a background and added to the sky. Additional lighting is coming from the Bryce sun. I rendered each using Bryce's TA render (64 rpp).

Type4_40Sections_NoTwist.jpg
    1009 x 700 - 570K
    Type3_40Sections_NoTwist.jpg
    1009 x 700 - 558K
    Type2_40Sections_NoTwist.jpg
    1009 x 700 - 601K
    edited December 1969

I am still playing with water and corals. As the products are called Poseidon's garden I decided that it needed Poseidon. Couldn't get a render I liked, it was either 2 much or too little so I blended the two in PS, other than that is pure Bryce.

poseidon_4.jpg
    675 x 900 - 505K
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fire Angel - Your hijack render really made my day! My brain was slow on the draw today as I didn't link the fact that babies drink milk as a reason for the hijack. I thought it was funny even before I realized it. Babies & guns, naturally funny; kind of like Kalamazoo.

This discussion has been closed.