Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

Comments

• rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited January 26

GRFK DSGN Unlimited said:

IMHO, it's because it's very form-fitting and the mesh has issues compensating.

This are "alpha" releases from the patreon membership so they're bound to have some minor issues but still way above my level of expertise.  So I'm estatic for them.  Jeremy's Deviantart page   showcases the works in progress.   Looks like a whole lot of content for G8 is coming out.  

https://www.deviantart.com/jeremyvilmur

Post edited by rschulte on
  • And the uninitiated would know that how about "alpha" releases?

And the uninitiated would know that how about "alpha" releases?

means it's "prerelease"

• Regardless, I would think you wouldn't want it to be so "form-fitting"

edited January 26

I understand your concern.  Hopefully the final release fixes this.

i was looking at a utility to help address issues like this for another project.  https://www.daz3d.com/sy-clothing-breast-helper-genesis-8-female

btw.. I don't know how often Jeremy logs into this forum page.   But  I'd be happy to post your observations on his patreon site, so he can take a look at this.  That's what the "alpha" stage is all about.

• Thanks. I appreciate it. His partner seemed reluctant to mention it to him.

No problem.   My Daz Studio is down pending a system upgrade, so I couldn't jump in and check out this myself. 

png
    png
    Trailblazer.png
  • blutobluto Posts: 830
    edited January 27
    Lots of new content around the corner from digital toybox
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited January 27

Thanks. I appreciate it. His partner seemed reluctant to mention it to him.

I did raise the issue with.him moments after seeing your post , regardless of any personal issues that you might have with me or the way. I take care of my business , I am not beholden to you to report back to you the status of my dealings. Regardless, I do not feel that the forum. Here is the place to air all the dirty laundry.
    Post edited by bluto on
  • NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited January 27

rschulte said:

I understand your concern.  Hopefully the final release fixes this.

i was looking at a utility to help address issues like this for another project.  https://www.daz3d.com/sy-clothing-breast-helper-genesis-8-female

btw.. I don't know how often Jeremy logs into this forum page.   But  I'd be happy to post your observations on his patreon site, so he can take a look at this.  That's what the "alpha" stage is all about.

I'm planning on taking a look at this tonight, Bluto told me about it last weekend I just haven't had a chance to sit down and work on it

For those asking, we are working on SNW stuff. It is a Brave New World in our digital toybox. For more info PM me or Bluto

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    Since the only place you can get this is from our patreon page, there is no way for an uninitiated to know or question anything about it.

mirror mirror on the wall

417459558_937514057735438_8171443355803879645_n.jpg
    1120 x 1440 - 741K
    417566030_1556850351818520_7383910339830381784_n.jpg
    1120 x 1440 - 717K
    417612086_3077209685747484_6974030053746805885_n.jpg
    1120 x 1440 - 743K

who's  the fairest of them all

mirror outfit 1 gm3.jpg
    1120 x 1440 - 797K
    mirror outfit 2 gm3.jpg
    1120 x 1440 - 798K
    mirror outfit 3 gm3.jpg
    1120 x 1440 - 777K
    edited January 28

I only just broke down and bought the first two seasons of strange new worlds and loved it.  

Like you've done with Orion and Trailblazer uniforms  will you be providing the props too like the phaser rifle?

thank you in advance!

•  Duly noted though I don't quite understand all the hostility.

NVent3d said:

Since the only place you can get this is from our patreon page, there is no way for an uninitiated to know or question anything about it.

edited January 28

rschulte said:

I only just broke down and bought the first two seasons of strange new worlds and loved it.  

Like you've done with Orion and Trailblazer uniforms  will you be providing the props too like the phaser rifle?

thank you in advance

absolutely although i have not yet built a phaser rifle , i will be doing something on those lines

Post edited by bluto on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 272

I like the mirror uniforms.

One of these days, I'm going to put Kirk in a uniform with a bare midriff and a boob window. I could totally see Mirror Kirk wearing something like that. laugh

absolutely although i have not yet built a phaser rifle , i will be doing something on those lines

the uniforms are turning out great, but your props have really enhanced the value of the whole package for me.  Looking forward to this.

There was no hostility that I am aware of in that response, just stating my response to a question no one has asked me about our products in a short written answer.

Duly noted though I don't quite understand all the hostility.

NVent3d said:

The real problem with props for me, is that when we include them with our outfits they have to have poses that match them that's a hand pose full body pose is left and right mirrored versions etc. And I suck at making poses
    rschulte said:

the uniforms are turning out great, but your props have really enhanced the value of the whole package for me.  Looking forward to this.

edited January 29

NVent3d said:

The real problem with props for me, is that when we include them with our outfits they have to have poses that match them that's a hand pose full body pose is left and right mirrored versions etc. And I suck at making poses

however we are willing to speak with anyone who has skill building poses for genesis 3 and 8 about possible commissions or limmited partnership pm me or nvent3d

Post edited by bluto on

There are a huge number of pose sets out there which can be used.   You guys provide the clothing and the props which is a tremendous advantage.  It's not that hard to parent the props to a hand and save it.   I'm certain they're a lot of people in this group who'd love to provide  pose sets to support it.  

edited January 29

Create parents for phaser for each hand (left and right) for G3 and g8.  (I’d also parent the phasers for each hip as “holstered.”). Then hand poses for the various equipment.  At the very minimum, the parenting and hand poses are the most useful poses you need.  Then you can easily use anyone’s full pose sets. If the hand poses get changed, you can easily reapply them again.

For anyone who want to try their hand at full poses,  I would definitely look at Mychokha’s free Trek pose sets for mv4 as a guide for what type poses to convert to G3 and G8.  I would absolutely ask if she’d give me permission first to do this and properly give her full credit.  

To help with this process, TracyandRichard has on ren***city some free scripts  to transfer poses to other characters.  There are some nice pose converters on DAZ3d too.  Be aware, they will be some tweaking needed.  

Hope this helps!

Happy Threshold Day to everyone who celebrates.

thresholdbabieswhite.png
    1280 x 1667 - 2M
    There's a couple things that are missing there, if I submit something for sale to that other website and there are props and there are not a bunch of poses to go with it it's a fail. I know how to do it I just don't like to do it and I'm never happy with the results I get
    rschulte said:

Create parents for phaser for each hand (left and right) for G3 and g8.  (I’d also parent the phasers for each hip as “holstered.”). Then hand poses for the various equipment.  At the very minimum, the parenting and hand poses are the most useful poses you need.  Then you can easily use anyone’s full pose sets. If the hand poses get changed, you can easily reapply them again.

For anyone who want to try their hand at full poses,  I would definitely look at Mychokha’s free Trek pose sets for mv4 as a guide for what type poses to convert to G3 and G8.  I would absolutely ask if she’d give me permission first to do this and properly give her full credit.  

To help with this process, TracyandRichard has on ren***city some free scripts  to transfer poses to other characters.  There are some nice pose converters on DAZ3d too.  Be aware, they will be some tweaking needed.  

Hope this helps!

• The generic hallway from TrekMeshes after I doctored it up. Giving it an early 25th century aesthetic. Note the Picard styled LCARS and Odyssey Class MSD on the walls.

Generic_Hallway_Odyssey_Class_Detailing.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

FleetAdmiral01 said:

The generic hallway from TrekMeshes after I doctored it up. Giving it an early 25th century aesthetic. Note the Picard styled LCARS and Odyssey Class MSD on the walls.

That looks really nice!

• A little something for the ship lovers.

Titan_A_Lense_Flare_3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283

FleetAdmiral01 said:

A little something for the ship lovers.

Nice 

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

It's been a while since I had a new project to add to the store, hopfully you will all like the next range of sets...

Screenshot1.jpg
    900 x 658 - 63K
    Screenshot2.jpg
    900 x 474 - 76K
    Screenshot3.jpg
    900 x 646 - 68K