Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 830

looks like enlisted quarters and officers club to me 

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

rduda said:

It's been a while since I had a new project to add to the store, hopfully you will all like the next range of sets...

Lower Decks? Sweet! 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264

rduda said:

It's been a while since I had a new projecawaest to add to the store, hopfully you will all like the next range of sets...

awesome

• A question for all you knowledgeable types 

Looking to make a Mugato and wondered if anyone can recommend a good source for that big old central horn? Does any exist?

Thanks muchly

PS rduda, Lower Decks! Woot!

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited February 15

unusualsuspex said:

A question for all you knowledgeable types 

Looking to make a Mugato and wondered if anyone can recommend a good source for that big old central horn? Does any exist?

Thanks muchly

PS rduda, Lower Decks! Woot!

There's "Morphing, Poseable Spike" in Renderosity free stuff. You could scale it and parent it to the critter's head. 

I used it to make Naomi Wildman's little forehead horns. And to make a targ from a pig base.

Post edited by randym77 on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,822

Sorry, not 3d related, but worth mentioning this amazing project:
    Mr Trek - YouTube

• Mugato - sort of!

So found a suitable horn and attached it to Gorilla for G8M. Now I've had Mr Gorilla for quite a while but never got around to using it and here's the issue. When loaded with the dForce hair, the poor guy just looks... bald. But if I try and load the LAMH hair (I have Catalyzer) it just crashes Daz :(

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong (if it is operator error) so any ideas?

Thank you :)

• Any good ships around?  With foundation missing, hard to find stuff.

I wanna find a mirada that is NOT the Reliant or Saratoga. frown

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318
    edited February 16

unusualsuspex said:

So found a suitable horn and attached it to Gorilla for G8M. Now I've had Mr Gorilla for quite a while but never got around to using it and here's the issue. When loaded with the dForce hair, the poor guy just looks... bald. But if I try and load the LAMH hair (I have Catalyzer) it just crashes Daz :(

Have you tried rendering LAMH with the LAMH2IrayCatalyzer?  It is a plugin developed later on by the creator of LAMH.  If I recall correctly it is REQUIRED to run LAMH with IRAY, otherwise you have to be sure to be in 3DLight.  I remember DAZ Studio crashing HARD when I forgot to use it in my IRAY renders.

Post edited by Gogger on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,270

Gogger said:

unusualsuspex said:

Have you tried rendering LAMH with the LAMH2IrayCatalyzer?  It is a plugin developed later on by the creator of LAMH.  I don't recall if it is REQUIRED to run LAMH now, or not, but seems like I remember DAZ Studio crashing HARD when I forgot to use it.

They specify that they have Catalyzer in their post. Catalyzer isn't required to use LaMH, just to render Catalyzed hairs. Either way, that wouldn't result in a crash from simply loading the hair, I wouldn't think.

• rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited February 16

TheCastellan said:

Any good ships around?  With foundation missing, hard to find stuff.

There are several versions of the Miranda, look under category: AU Alternate universe, PIC Picard universe, and SNW Strange New Worlds

https://www.deviantart.com/chrispy-shipyards/gallery/86969158/star-trek-ships-free-download

Great site!

Post edited by rschulte on

rschulte said:

TheCastellan said:

Any good ships around?  With foundation missing, hard to find stuff.

There are several versions of the Miranda, look under category: AU Alternate universe, PIC Picard universe, and SNW Strange New Worlds

https://www.deviantart.com/chrispy-shipyards/gallery/86969158/star-trek-ships-free-download

Great site!

Thanks! That really is a fantastic site. Lots of ships I haven't seen elsewhere.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,584
    edited February 18

A speculative scenario...  What if Desilu Studios had been able to acquire the Gort costume and props (the bust with the lighting rig, the 8 foot tall fiberglass 'statue", etc.) for use in a Star Trek episode?  I tried building a corridor/tunnel arrangement like we we occasionally saw in the show, taking heavy inspiration from the hallways depicted in the first pilot.

Gort-n-Trek-J-1.jpg
    1066 x 800 - 99K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283

Cool idea. Looks good

• rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited February 18

"Klaatu barada nikto

Post edited by rschulte on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 360

Or "Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel"

• unusualsuspexunusualsuspex Posts: 100
    edited February 23

So, to my complete embarrasment, it was user error! I loaded the G8M Gorilla and then loaded the IRAY LAMH thinking I needed to add that to the original figure/ WRONG! I I should've just loaded the LAMH, which I eventually did :) Et voila! I think I need to work on it a little but...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Tried the ships....keep getting error messages when trying to open em. frown

TheCastellan said:

Tried the ships....keep getting error messages when trying to open em. frown

I think they are using a newer version of WinRAR to zip them. WinZip can't open them.

I installed the newest version of WinRAR, and it opened them fine.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

he Bar so far...

Bar.jpg
    1213 x 860 - 115K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283

Looking good

• FleetAdmiral01FleetAdmiral01 Posts: 108
    edited February 26

rduda said:

he Bar so far...

This could work as my hero ship's mess hall.

Post edited by FleetAdmiral01 on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

rduda said:

he Bar so far...

Excellent work, as always!

Cerritos Strong! 

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

FleetAdmiral01 said:

rduda said:

he Bar so far...

This could work as my hero ship's mess hall.

I'll have a mess hall too, its in the works.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622

Looks like the March Madness has gone full-on Trek mode.

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-space-kit-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-fan-art-bundle

• Dang, did Star Trek Fan Art creaters just get a BIG shot in the arm...  DAZ must have paid a pretty penny for the fan art add on bundle roghts.  Makes it an instabuy for me.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    I'd pass until I saw something saying it is officially licensed.
  • Night-ForagerNight-Forager Posts: 123

I wonder if this has something to do with the Star Trek Adventures 2nd edition that Modiphius announced a little while ago.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318

Timbales said:

I'd pass until I saw something saying it is officially licensed.

The Star Trek stuff is Editorial License so might not matter if Officially Licensed as long as we abide by the applicable restrictions. Personally I'm excited to have all of these Trekverse items!
  • NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 150
    edited March 7

Ensign Van Helsing of Bajora...

Ensign Van Helsing of Bajora.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 647K
    Post edited by NewGuy on