Who Are Some of Your Favorite PA's?

Comments

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited September 2018

A short list for me. These are my faves - meaning when they come out with something, it's ALMOST always a sure buy for me knowing their products will be great.

1971s - because his structures are just so nice and really can be used in all 3 programs that I use, Poser, Daz and Vue

Fabiana - Always original work and great promo images

DimensionTheory - Great products - it seems to me she/he comes up with the original product and other PAs just build to it.  Usually my first go to for lighting.

Stonemason - Everyone's fave it seems.  NO one can do sci-fi stuff better.  I especially like his "smaller" products.

OutofTouch - love their products and their collab work with many other PAs

Aprysh - Great improvement with hair products

Linday - Innovative style on hair and clothing.  You can tell a lot of work has gone into their product

IgnisSerpentus - Always awesome costumes AND promo artwork

Maclean - Well because it's Maclean

Predatron & Diane - Because of their all around product development.  I mean, they're not stuck doing only props, they do poses, environments, etc as well.

Sveva - She comes up with many great products, inclduing 2D background.

Mousso - Always great characters (when they don't resemble one another too much and too often)

Raiya - Same as Mousso

Post edited by ThatGuy on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well they are all pretty good but in my product library going by product count there is 1st overwhelmingly DAZ Originals followed by, not as overwhelmingly but by a large margin, 3D Universe, aka 3DU.

• Anybody out there already mention P3Design and Td3d? Two of my all-time favorites. Likewise for Zeddicuss, Feral Fey, and Petipet. Truly consisent and high-quality work from all of them.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited September 2018

I may have missed someone's mentioning him,  but I really like Deepsea's work.  George is a character I never imagined I'd find as much use for as I have, and Lola's Son was one of the first pre-teen male characters that to me had a truly human appearance when placed beside non-stylized figures.  I'm also going to have to grab his Benji the puppy figure, because it's one really cute little pup.  He doesn't have a large catalog, but what's there is top-notch.

I've found a lot of great PA's through this thread.  Oh my poor wallet !

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Maclean! https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=maclean

I use something of theirs in 99% of my renders. Versatile, flexible and interesting.
    Also a heck of a nice person who interacts with people here on the forums often,
    which makes the decision to buy from them much easier.

• CortexCortex Posts: 109
    edited September 2018

Thorne - She makes the most adorable characters I have ever seen. I believe many of the cutest Daz Pro bundle characters are also by her, for example Karysa 8 who mixes so well with other characters to add "cute" to them.

Pretty3d - sexy stylish fantasy outfits

P3Design - each time I buy a pro bundle, if there is a P3Design morph package for it that contains a few characters, I also buy that.

petipet - sci fi items

Moyra - nice texture sets for other clothing sets.

outoftouch - hair

goldtassle - hair.

3d Universe - one of my favorite hair that I own, due to its very simple style, is Amber's hair that comes with the Amber character or Amber bundle.

Post edited by Cortex on
  • MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,987
    edited September 2018

There are too many to count... But top of my list:

My friend Phoenix1966 because she's cool, and she makes really great dudes... And well... Dan and Sean..... And the whole crew. Yummy.

I like Blue Rabbit. They make great menswear and don't scrimp on details and include accessories. Also they don't make shoes load together, which I find irksome. Every set shows thought and has nice details

I'm fond of SY, because she makes unusual things. I like her men's content, and well... All the tentacles, slime, and interesting figures.

Rawart: well, his monsters are the best. Really hard to beat some of his work.

Orestes: Love the HDRI. Really great stuff.

Muscleman: makes great poses. Some of the oldies are still the best in my opinion

Many more of coures that I have not remembered

Thanks you! It's the 1st time I read a compliments to my work! thanks so much! Really appreciate!

Post edited by Muscleman on
  • There are so many!  I always feel like if I list them, then I am saying negative things about the ones that I don't list.Lets just say its a very long list, there are sooo many talented people out there.

• Muscleman said:

Thanks you! It's the 1st time I read a compliments to my work! thanks so much! Really appreciate!

You're welcome. You are a true master of the art of posing. I'm pleased to be the owner of  most of your products. =-)

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

I add Faber Inc (People and poses)

• Noah LGP said:

I add Faber Inc (People and poses)

Thank you a lot Noah! :D 

• K.H.Studio

Zev0/The late great DraagonStorm

xenic101

SimonM

AwfulSoul and their many revisions ;^) 

Sickle Yield

V3Digitimes

Mec4d

The late, great Dimension3d

And too many others to count...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Pretty much every and anyone who has made anything for Daz Studio and Genertaion 4 onward is pretty damned spiffing in my book.  Singling people out would seem a bit invidious but then I remembered I had put such a list up on my deviantART page, so .... in no particular order and likely foregtting some as it's late ...

Cath (@MEC4D) because, well, just lovely stuff and such a delightful lady who is very generous

@SickleYiled - who doesn't liek spiders? But seriously (oh come on, they are wonderful little critters!!!) her work is a bit on the wild side attimes, with whips and chains and all sorts of nice goodies, but then she laso goes way above and beyond and offers help via messages and Youtube stuff (and despite what she says he has a very nice speaking voice!)

@StoneMason - someoen who needs no introduction, so ... some great stuff

@SimonWM - not just 'cos he's my namesake (and sometimes we are mstaken for each other!) but he does some useful 'add-ons' such as blodd and sweat, etc. along with his other stuff

And many more ...! Scripts, Utilities, bits and bobs (how handy is @Maclean's stuff for adding 'atmosphere?), HDRIs, lighting, rooms, landscapes, vistas, buildings, streets, it goes on and on!.  So, to save me typing out all the names, just have a quick look here for a fuller list.  Even if I don't have anythign by a particular vendor they get a thumb's up from me as they do somethign that I cannot, and that always impesees me (unless it involves matches and flatulence blush)

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Mec4D because her items are exceptionally detailed, packed to the hilt with morphs, and the support for the items was top notch.

Yura because the item sets look great, are easy to re-texture, are more bent towards the sci fi realm where I spend a lot of render time.

Sickleyield for her advice and feedback on questions, as well as her item utility, morphability, and styles. Men's wear and water products hit the cart the moment they go live.

Stonemason because the sets are superb. Feedback and advice also greatly appreciated and helpful

Alessandro_AM for the animals. The sharks are superb, if you haven't gotten them yet, I highy recommend them.

FW Art (Fred Winkler) because of the male characters that add diversity and style.

Andrey_Pestryakov for the environment sets.

FaberInc for the figures. Just grabbed Novak

Other honourable mentions: OutOfTouch, RawArt, JoshCrockett, Ansiko, Khory, Mely3D, DzFIRE, EmmaandJordi, The AntFarm, Mousso, Deepsea, Aeon Soul

I don't want any artists to feel excluded, and there are so many I have not added to the list. While some vendors I may only have one or two of their products, those products get used over and over again.

• Rarestone, Mouso, FWSA, Zev0, OOT Are the first ones that pop in my head I do think that most PA's have made somethign incredibly usefull.

Divamakeup with the Skin Shaders

Collin Jackson With some incredible light setups (Monochrome is just awesome)

Kinderdarts for the ghostlighting

But Monsters are not something i don't use a lot so while josh's sculpting is indeed amazing he is not on my list because its not my thing, Same goes for toon and anime stuff.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

fenric
    mmoir

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited December 2018

I must admit I like the environments of StoneMason and the sci-fi environments of petipet.

I also add RedzStudio because Tyrone, Ravi and Ryker are very good characters.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Stonemason and Jack Tomalin are great for sets.

OutOfTouch (OOT) for hair.  I dont use hair by anyone else atm.

Dimensiontheory for lighting.

For characters, it depends on the generation.  Thorne, Fred Winkler, Sabby, P3Design, Lyoness, Silver and Freja to name but a few.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2018

I'm going to add RawArt and Antfarm to the list.  Mind you, that is not a comprehensvie list from me, many others already mentioned are also on my list. Also EArkham

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Sloshwerks is making a run for favorite set makers.....

RiversoftArt (and Sickleyield) has my respect for useful scripts and now bitwelder with his most-excellent Visual Menus.

Laurie

• PlantPlant Posts: 107

Got to mention Saiyanes, Seems a bit quiet though 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

store sales i have trouble resisting, Nightshift 4\3d, Merlin, Maclean, AM Alessandro, Howie Farkes, mmoir

(will always remember mmoir store)heart

• There are so many amazing vendors... many of which get accidentally omitted in the creation of lists. I am remiss to name off faves, for fear someone might get missed and be upset.

So Ill just suffice to say, there is a ton of talent here.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018

I am going to be very non specific.   My favourite PAs are those who include a general installer containing the OBJ files, so the products can be used by people who don't use Daz Studio. 

(And of course the PAs who are still releasing products for the programs I do use)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    Chohole said:

I am going to be very non specific.   My favourite PAs are those who include a general installer containing the OBJ files, so the products can be used by people who don't use Daz Studio. 

(And of course the PAs who are still releasing products for the programs I do use)

So for my next set of shaders, you would like me to include the sphere primative I used in the promos? cheeky

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018
    Mattymanx said:
    Chohole said:

So for my next set of shaders, you would like me to include the sphere primative I used in the promos? cheeky

haha    no     Everyone knows that shaders are specific to the program they are used in.   In fact I do believe that DS has 2 different types of shaders to suit it's two different render engines.(She say with tongue in cheek)  But props can be used in a variety of different programs.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • https://www.daz3d.com/silver

This PA is one of my favorites. I most recently got the Rayve character for G8 and really like the emissive features/options that are included with it. I remembered this because the other day I spent like an hour looking for the hair textures and emissive options in my content, only to find out I FORGOT to add the Color Rayve Hair Dye and Emissive Shaders to my cart when I checked out, lol. I haven't been here long and only have around 28-30 characters between Genesis 3-8, but I would say at least a third of them are from Silver. I also see he has some nice work over at Renderosity as well.

Once I get a better system with a more powerful graphics card, I'll be able to focus more on props and rendering full scenes with the characters. Even with just a single character, rendering is painfully slow, lol.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

any PA whose products will work in Carrrara with only minor or no fiddling..

like 3D Universe wink

• Lots of vendors already mentioned, but Chungdan is also fantastic. I quit saving their stuff to my favorite list because it's axiomatic I want it. The only limitig factor is how many shoes can I use and how much money can I afford to spend on them

• May be a cop-out answer but anyone that models and sells it to us at these hobby prices are a hero to me 'cause i can't model for **** .Without them my crap 3d pictures would just be white backdrops.(hmm maybe i am not making a great case for them after all :O )

Twist my arm though and i have to say to no suprise whatsoever :IgnisSerpentus because she makes the type stuff i would if i had any drive whatsoever. and Ron's Brushes guy because i have damn near every set and it would be weird not mention him.