Who Are Some of Your Favorite PA's?

Comments

• PS: Thank you, to all you who mentioned me, for the compliments. I really do appreciate them! But more than anything, Im glad you have genuine fun playing with my stuffs. Thats what its all about.

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited December 2018
    543 of 634 items Lady Littlefox 205 of 353 items 3d Universe 259 of 302 items Rawart 262 of 302 items The Antfarm 20 of 37 items Joequick 196 of 259 items Capsces Digital Ink 68 of 79 items Redspark A list of some of my favorites and the amount of support I need to work on this next year...
    Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,375
    edited December 2018

Too many great PAs out there.  Lots of favorites.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

"Too many great PAs out there.  Lots of favorites"

yes Yup. I won't mention one if I can't mention them all.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,357

I tend to be a big fan of products that add utility to broad categories of existing models; body tweaking morphs, tools for better clothing fits, material sets, etc, so PAs who put out that kind of thing tend to get my vote.

• Connatic said:

<clip>
    Danie & Marforno
    </clip>

I was hoping someone would mention them!  I have problems buying things from Rendo, specifically the two credit cards numbers stolen and having my PayPal account hacked, but DM's pose kits that they sell there?  They're good enough to make me pick up a debit gift card just to get them.

One other I don't think anyone's mentioned is Pretty3d and mytilus.  Their models always come with a great set of dynamic morphs for repositioning clothes or vehicle parts, making a given scene seem less static.

And, of course, I also miss Ironman13.  I would always fight between picking a DM pose for a given shot or an i13 one.  It was also nice the way her poses had the option of just using the individual body part, like a right arm or left leg, in case I needed to kit bash something together to get what I wanted.

What has happened to Ironman 13?

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

There are currently 529 Artists here and God forbid I make a list. don't dare. That said, I do have go to artists that I feel are reliable meaning I buy from them in a heart beat, if I love it, based on the vendor, knowing it will be worth the investment, I don't even read the detail notes, I don't need to. But sometimes I find a lonely single gem, in a small or obscure catalogue, a gem to treasure, and I scrutinize the notes and even message the help desk and ask Jamie to clarify a thing or two because the artist who made this diamond is not  a description/detail guru. Other times the promo artwork sucks (I have 4k 38" curves) but the product glimmers. One day I will be reviewing (honest and unbiased because I am nothing but a buyer) the items I bought  knowing the real realiity is not what they are worth to me or my vision but what they are worth as an investment and how well they play with Daz. I could have authored most of the above posts but the truth is had I made a list, mine would have been longer than any list posted here. I think First Bastion (one of my go to artists said it best.

Too many great PAs out there.  Lots of favorites.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    Connatic said:

<clip>
    Danie & Marforno
    </clip>

I was hoping someone would mention them!  I have problems buying things from Rendo, specifically the two credit cards numbers stolen and having my PayPal account hacked, but DM's pose kits that they sell there?  They're good enough to make me pick up a debit gift card just to get them.

One other I don't think anyone's mentioned is Pretty3d and mytilus.  Their models always come with a great set of dynamic morphs for repositioning clothes or vehicle parts, making a given scene seem less static.

And, of course, I also miss Ironman13.  I would always fight between picking a DM pose for a given shot or an i13 one.  It was also nice the way her poses had the option of just using the individual body part, like a right arm or left leg, in case I needed to kit bash something together to get what I wanted.

What has happened to Ironman 13?

She was on my A list but she is on a sabbatical.

• Have to add Stonemason, SickleYield, SilveElf, Herschel Hoffmeyer, Alessandro_AM
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594
    DireBunny said:

May be a cop-out answer but anyone that models and sells it to us at these hobby prices are a hero to me 'cause i can't model for **** .Without them my crap 3d pictures would just be white backdrops.(hmm maybe i am not making a great case for them after all :O )

Twist my arm though and i have to say to no suprise whatsoever :IgnisSerpentus because she makes the type stuff i would if i had any drive whatsoever. and Ron's Brushes guy because i have damn near every set and it would be weird not mention him.

Great point! many here don't know or forget that this community is only s small part of the 3D world and in general prices for mesh are much, much higher everywhere else and also usually lack the full fuctionality that products made for DS offer. Many of the PAs here could take their skills to other areas and possibly make much more, so I am thankful they are here developing for DS.

I truly appreciate the PAs that keep in mind resources are not infinate and not everyone has the same hardware to work with when creating their addons. It's easy to forget that when one creates with higher grade commercial apps and for more professional markets also.

• I won't list all the ones I love... but a couple that  have not been mentioned and that I can't live without, are the amazing textures of Destinysgarden, Dimensiontheory and Parrotdolphion.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,725

Whois your Favorite PA?  Which PA’s catalog you have the most of?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Whois your Favorite PA?  Which PA’s catalog you have the most of?

Post merged with existing thread

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 2018

All the ones I buy are my favorite, but I give special brownie points to JoeQuick for coincidentally coming out with the original Duckie for M4 around the time I was on the forums grumbling about wanting to do a Scrooge McDuck :)

Having just done a classical Nativity scene, I am super grateful to Sixus1 for the G8F baby and the Nativity set complex.

I am also extra grateful to Cayman Studios (Legacy UVs), Valzheimer (Wear Them All), Riversoft and Sickleyield (additional clothing conversion tools), Zev0 and the late Draagonstorm (pose conversion tools), Chevybabe, Sloshwerks and OOT (hair shaders), JavierMicheal (Human Surface Reshade), and Dimension-Z (Anagenessis 2) for making it easier for me to use my older content on Genesis 3, and to back convert newer content to that generation of figures.

Among character designers, I own a lot by DarwinsMishap, GypsyAngel, the ubiquitous FWSA, Saiyaness, Lyoness, Faber, JavierMicheal, and the old school creators LiquidRust and surreality. My single favorite female skin right now is Maelwenn's Lydia.

On the lighting side, an especial shoutout to DimensionTheory, who made some of the last and best lights I bought when I was still doing 3Delight, and some of the first Iray lighting tools I bought, and to KindredArts for Ghost Light Kit 2.

And also, a quick tribute to my old favorite hair makers: Valea, and the 3Dream and Mairy. Valea's hairstyles get overlooked for their stylized textures and overall vibe, and it's true that not all of them adapt well to the Iray era, even with first-rate shaders, but her best creations are flowing, graceful and romantic, in a way that is rare in more modern hairstyles. 3Dream and Mairy made extraordinarily ambitious hairstyles with both prop and figure versions, and multiple styling presets (dozens, in some cases) to help the user understand how to get the most out of the zillions of hair morphs. As with Valea, their best work tended to be elaborate, romantic hairstyles that help take you away to another place. As with Valea, they seemed to move to simpler, less exotic hairstyles in the Genesis era (perhaps under pressure to increase output and keep prices down), although they still made some gems for Genesis 1+older figures that I use regularly: Perseus, Alexios, and Enzio for instance. Except for some of their work in the Genesis era, their hairstyles tend to stand up fairly well to Iray scrutiny, assuming you've got good shaders.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2019

I add Tesla3DCorp to my favorite, the environments are beautiful.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited May 2019

A few of my fave PA's have been mentioned, some a few times, so I'll keep this short.

I'm not sure if Fisty & Darc has been mentioned yet, but I have over a couple dozen items from F&D.  Including the Amazing Morphing Pumps - I love these!

Also, Rhiannon, although it looks like she's exclusively at the other store these days.

Ironman13 makes a number of useful sets that I use as needed.  Plus most of said products are now Daz Originals, which makes them a bit more coupon friendly.  And they tend to go on sale more often, with decent discounts.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,808

...and not to forget https://www.daz3d.com/polish

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959

I conside favourites not who I have the most of, but who I pretty much cannot start a scene without. :-)

Age of Armor (Lights and shaders), Zev0 (Genesis morphs/fixes), Mec4D & MikeyMadeMe (Genesis bodyhair), and Parrotdolphin (3DL shaders).

Most of my favorite go-to Daz people-textures are Surreality.

Also Deviney, who created nearly everything I use in postwork, which I enjoy way too much!

• KerwinKerwin Posts: 124

My favorite non-PA is RBTWhiz who constantly amazes with how far he's taken the DAZ Studio platform from it's origins.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869
    Kerwin said:

My favorite non-PA is RBTWhiz who constantly amazes with how far he's taken the DAZ Studio platform from it's origins.

10/10 :)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

In no particular order:

Polish
    ThePhilosopher
    midnight_stories
    Luthbel
    SloshWerks
    RiverSoft Art
    Stonemason
    Faveral
    Jack Tomalin
    Josh Crockett
    Raiya
    bluejaunte
    Saiyaness
    Shimuzu
    RedzStudio
    TheAntFarm
    Linday
    Mada
    Fisty
    David Brinnen and ForbiddenWhispers
    Digitallab3D
    Nightshift3D
    Rarestone
    Ansiko

• glossedsfmglossedsfm Posts: 329

Outoftouch - lots of really good things overall...hair, clothes

Lilflame - so many clothes!

Rhiannon - lots of really nice looking clothing items and cute/hot looking fem models

Raiya - very detailed characters

Sveva, Sabby, 3dsublime productions, Silver, Marcius, Fugazi, Fred Winkler are some others that i like too but those first 4 are probably my most favorite.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

I add Mely3D  for the scifi content

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

So far these coupon mania sales have pointed out major PAs (maybe due to popularity or bulk in sales): RDNA, Ironman, and Stonemason.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Nobody mentioned Thorne/Mada/Sarsa? I probably have an embarrasing number of their figures. I can use the V4/A4 skins on G2F now too, with Iray conversions.

And lots of sets by DM. Plenty of life left in them too, with Iray converters.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited June 2019

Favorite PAs? That's a hard list. There are plenty that I like, but I'll try to focus on the ones that I almost always automatically buy or wishlist as soon as something new comes out. I tend to think of them in categories.

Settings

The biggest thing to me with architecture and settings is how realistic does it look? What are the fine details that take it from looking like a movie set that isn't quite dressed yet to being a ready to render scene I can use?

• Stonemason - I mean was there any doubt? The detail work on the modeling is great, but I really think he excels most in the texturing which adds a realism to everything he does.
    • Faveral - Mostly for the modular nature of a lot of his latest sets. Being able to "build my own" unique look makes a huge difference.
    • Polish - I've lately become a fan of several of Polish's rooms. The provide a full set and the resturant themes in particular do well for many of my commission requests
    • Howie Farkes - I was a huge fan of his work for Carrara and the DS sets certainly do not disappoint. And how can you not love UltraScatter?
    • JeffersonAF - This is a newer favorite, but his nature work on trees, bushes, and settings is really becoming top notch and one of my Insta

Clothing

For me, the clothing category is mostly about utility. An outfit that is only going to look good as the full set with their textures isn't as useful to me as something I can mix and match or customize surface settings to get the specific look I need.

• Aeon Soul - I still think of them as Aery Soul. To me it isn't just the quality of the work, but the way that pieces can be mixed and matched to create custom outfits. It makes their work worth the premium price that it often comes with.
    • dx30 - Boots and shoes. Always well made and with plenty of material zones to work with to customize the look for what I want to make
    • IH-Kang - business and casual wear. Very nice quality and a category of clothing that not many others specialize in.
    • xtrart-3d - Swimwear and intimates that prove that "sexy" can be just as much about what you cover as what you show.
    • outoftouch - mostly for their mix-and-match wardrobes. They are well made and the ability to pick and choose tops, skirts, pants, etc. is a key element in why I buy their wardrobe collections right away.

Hair

Hair products for me are all about the realism of them. As much as I'd like some of the curly styles, etc. the limits of transmapped hair make it hard to produce quality results. if I can see how the ribons of faces are curved, I just can't buy it. Two vendors really stand out for me in the hair area though.

• Outoftouch - I almost have to force myself to use a non-OOT hair in a render. Especially when I want a sleek well groomed look there's just none better. And the custom hair shader and blending means I can really fine tune the look to what I need for my render.
    • PhilW - I remembered Phil's great work with Carrara hair, and I have loved the DS versions that are such practical styles. I'm truly excited to see what he does with the upcoming dForce and strand based hair in the next update to Studio!

Props

The devil is in the details. Props are what let me take an image from a scene of a pretty girl standing in an attractive location and make it into an image that tells a story. There are a few prop vendors that are automatic for me.

• DZFire - awesome vehicles that help my people getting from A to B in style and utility!
    • Porsimo - The weapon collections were no brainer buys for me as a lot of my comission requests include characters with historical or modern weapons.
    • Polish - You can never have too many weapons. :) And Polish work on the modeling and textures are great!
    • Protozoon - Lately I've gotten into collecting musical instruments as I have had requests for live bands in some commissions. And the modeling and pose quality here is second to none!
    • Sickleyield - From rigged water to tentacles, SY creates unique items that allow me to create images I simply couldn't manage to do any other way.

HDRI and Lights

I rarely buy "light sets", because I actually enjoy placing my own lights and making them work. But I do purchase a lot of HDRIs and custom light products to help me light my scenes.

• KindredArts - I can probably count on one hand the number of renders I've done in the last year without one of KA's Ghost Lights in the render somewhere. They quickly fix so many lighting issues that I don't know what I'd do without them.
    • DimensionTheory - High quality HDRIs which work really well for me since so many of the scenes I render are set outdoors. And the iRadiance light probe series are awesome for quickly adding some "fill" lighting in places where I need it.
    • Cake One and Bob Callawah - their HDRI with DOF sets are gorgeous. And that simple ability to blur the background to focus on my subjects makes a huge diffrence in the visual quality of my renders.
    • Colm Jackson - When I'm doing quick "character sketch" renders, I am ALWAYS using one of Colm's PRO-Studio HDRR sets. So quick to setup and use and the soft quality of the lighting is perfect for portrait style renders.
    • InaneGlory - candles, table lamps, recessed lighting, I can't tell you how often I've replaced lamp and other light props provided with a set with IG's instead. And even if I do end up keeping the original prop, I probably swapped the light shader for one of IG's because of how easy the presets are to use to get the lighting I need for my scene.

Shaders

I am a shader addict. As you can see from my list, I like to tweak and play with my clothing and settings. Quality Shaders and Shader Presets are almost always quick buys unless they're just duplicating things I already have. Hint to PAs: I have enough metal, leather, and silk shaders now. Please work on different materials. Thanks. :)

• Oso3D - Oso is the first one who comes to mind because he creates true "shaders". It may be a bit of a picky point for me, but much of what is sold as "shaders" are truly "shader presets". They're using the Daz Uber shader with custom settings and texture files. Nothing wrong with that and I buy plenty. But I know when Oso comes out with someting new, it's going to be something truly unique.
    • Marshian - Similar to Oso, Marshian has several shaders which create completely unique looks on my surfaces and are awesome when I want a special effect. Also the camera shaders like AtmoCam add more special effects to my toolbox.
    • DestinysGarden - Several very well done Iray materials that I use over and over when customizing my content pieces.
    • Jen Greenlees - I admit, the fact that most of her shader presets have been PC+ items has a part to play with why I have every shader product she's ever produced. But I still end up finding myself using her fabric or metal or glass shaders a lot when I want to standardize the look across mixed and matched items

Utilities

Utilities are scripts and other "supporting" tools that help me get the most out of the content I've purchased. In many cases these are breathing life back into things I bought 4 or 5 years ago and can thankfully reuse now.

• Sickleyield and RiversoftArt - Let's be real, have there been any other utilities as impactful to us than the clothing converters? Being able to get away from the struggles with Auto-Fit has been a godsend for the dusty corners of my content library!
    • RiversoftArt - Independently, River's Now Crowd bulletin board characters make a quick and easy way to fill in my public scenes and make them feel more real.
    • ShanasSoulmate - I wasn't sure how to categorize SS's "Inked" series of tattoos. A lot of my character commissions also request a tatoo or two and having these pre-made with such quality speeds my pipeline quite a bit!

I am sure I left one or two out and will think of them later, but that's a pretty good start I think.

Post edited by JonnyRay on
  • JayElJayEl Posts: 41
    edited June 2019
    PW Productions and Polish - Jaw dropping attention to detail in your boats, yachts, planes...

ElianeCK - A fantastic talented artist who makes the best asian characters. Your promo pics are so unique and well composed and often I spend days trying to hunt down the outfits and accessories used.

iSourceTextures - Gorgeous female characters. Gotta get them all.

SickleYield/V3digitimes - Awesome, can't-live-without utilities and tutorials.

i13 - Your stuff is just way too cool. I think I own your entire store.

Orestes - Love your HDRI skies!

Post edited by JayEl on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    Favorite PA? How about all of them!? Although I do have a couple of automatic buys. I have Jack Tomalin's entire catalog (except for a couple of bundles -- but I have everything in the bundles, so those don't really count). And since I just went on a SickleYield binge, I would definitely put her on the list. Especially her tutorials. DM, FlipMode, Maclean, Fred Winkler, Kindred Arts, and First Bastion are all pretty much gotta-haves, too.
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

I don't know if I mentioned Colm Jackson in my original post, but I love that guy's work and dedication, and I really appreciate the extra mile he goes in making detailed youtube videos on how to use his products.

I'd have to say when I want to test out a new figure by doing a simple portrait.  Render Studio is my go to environment.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

In alphabetical order:

AeonSoul

Age of Armor

AprilYSH

Danie & Marforno

David Brinnen & ForbiddenWhispers

DestinysGarden

Dimension Theory

Esha

Fabiana

Faveral