Hmmm... No complaints?

JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
edited August 2013 in The Commons

I have been MIA for awhile now... but I got a newsletter announcing Girl 6 and decided to pop in to check her out....

ohhh-yeah... now I remember...

Genesis 2...

...almost forgot about that...

I see that it is for V6 only and no version for Genesis 1 (no surprise, really)

...but, I was a bit surprised that I didn't see an uproar in the forums....

Then I saw there was only 3 people logged in!!! Ha!

Guess that explains it.

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 is free by the way. You don't need V6 to use Girl 6 >_>

• JuancardenesJuancardenes Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Where is Genesis 2 free???

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Where is Genesis 2 free???

You should have a free download for Genesis 2 Starter Essentials in your product library

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited August 2013

Well! ...that's certainly a new development since the last time I was here (who can keep up anyway?) ... Thanks for the heads up! :lol:

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female has always been free since it was first released (although this could have been explained better). V6, Gia 6, and Girl 6 are all characters for Genesis 2 Female, just as V5, Stephanie 5, and Aiko 5 were all characters for the free Genesis base.

Still no Genesis 2 Male, though, in case you were wondering.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Maybe Genesid 2 Male and Michael 6 will be here in December, how is Gia 6?

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

I already complained a lot in another thread, not about Girl 6, but about the whole gender split thing because it totally ruined the Genesis concept without adding any value at all.
    Victoria 6, Gia 6 and Girl 6 are characters I’d like to use because they do look great (they could have been done for Genesis), but I’m not spending on something not as good as Genesis.
    I enter contests here and there, if I’m able to get them free some day, I would use them when I don’t need versatility, just naked girls, but I’m not spending money in the female thing and I'm not buying everything again. I’m staying with Genesis.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

With the Genesis 2 -> Genesis clone figure, there's now forwards compatibility as well as backwards compatibility meaning Genesis can now use Genesis 2's wardrobe. Personally, I feel that since the playing field has now been effectively levelled with both figures able to use largely the same content I'm less concerned about whether an item is for one figure or the other. Of course, I'l still crossing my fingers for a K4 clone figure so I can use my wealth of kids clothes on Genesis 2, but that's a different story. It's all we have until Daz decides to announce K5/K6.. but I'm close to giving up hope on that.

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    I already complained a lot in another thread, not about Girl 6, but about the whole gender split thing because it totally ruined the Genesis concept without adding any value at all.
    Victoria 6, Gia 6 and Girl 6 are characters I’d like to use because they do look great (they could have been done for Genesis), but I’m not spending on something not as good as Genesis.
    I enter contests here and there, if I’m able to get them free some day, I would use them when I don’t need versatility, just naked girls, but I’m not spending money in the female thing and I'm not buying everything again. I’m staying with Genesis.

I'm with you 100%!!!

haha @ "female thing"!!!

Yeah... it's just V6. The thing they call V6 is just a morph for the V6 thing they call Genesis 2... which, of course, is NOT Genesis 2!!!

Genesis is cool.

That other thing... I don't want, and is not anywhere as cool...

...and I don't care about M6, either.

edited August 2013

With the Genesis 2 -> Genesis clone figure, there's now forwards compatibility as well as backwards compatibility meaning Genesis can now use Genesis 2's wardrobe. Personally, I feel that since the playing field has now been effectively levelled with both figures able to use largely the same content I'm less concerned about whether an item is for one figure or the other. Of course, I'l still crossing my fingers for a K4 clone figure so I can use my wealth of kids clothes on Genesis 2, but that's a different story. It's all we have until Daz decides to announce K5/K6.. but I'm close to giving up hope on that.

Compatibility??? Aye, aye, aye...

Tell me... how much is it going to cost me to make my characters compatible??? I don't believe the Genesis Gorilla works with "IT", does it? ...or any of my other cool characters that I have for Genesis.

I HATE that they split it into 2 figures again. Not only because I loved the versatility of Genesis (male clothing and hair ALSO works on female characters and visa versa) but also because I went around supporting Genesis FOR DAZ!!! I ENCOURAGED people to buy into Genesis... ENCOURAGED them to try it when they were hesitant... BECAUSE of it's versatility and economical value... because they (DAZ) said they were going in that direction and I was stupid enough to believe them...

I feel used and betrayed by this "new plan" and it really burns my butt... not just my wallet.

edited August 2013

Without dragging up old arguments, let me add that I do agree with you on the morphs. It was always going to happen with a new figure though, since V4 morphs aren't compatible with Genesis by default either. Many of my earlier concerns have been addressed though. Genesis 2 is getting morphs to make her more versatile and no doubt that trend will continue. I do almost wish that Daz had held onto it longer until they had the Genesis 2 Male and child figures, but what is done is done.

Yes, there's additional costs involved but not much more than someone would have if they were starting over with Genesis. The base figure is still free and morph packs can be purchased to give her extra shape. We don't have information yet on whether Genesis 2 male and female outfits will be interchangeable, but I think it's safe to assume that there will be some simple conversion in place to allow this. Besides which, both figures will be backwards compatible with Genesis products so you can still use your older content.

I believe there may be also another Generation X in the works which will allow many of those extra morphs to be applied to Genesis 2. If that happens, then it will be very useful indeed and may offer you the kind of versatility which you're after. I personally feel that there are some very strong advancements in the mesh which make her worth using, despite the additional costs involved.

But there's no rule that says you can't stick to Genesis. There's still new things coming out for it, and future items still planned. There's also the clone figure for Genesis as I mentioned which allows you to use any of the Genesis 2 items on Genesis classic. Everyone's a winner.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,869
    edited December 1969

I intend getting Girl6 one day but not now, waiting to see how much Carrara upgrade costing mostly,
    but I know Daz very well, there will be a sale again and again so no worries.
    Genesis still fully supported and new stuff always available, hopefully PA's will continue to support both figures.

edited August 2013

HeraldOfFire...

We just didn't have Genesis long enough for me to be supportive of a whole new line of figures. Just as you mentioned, we never did get a kid clone and we didn't get the Girl or the Freak for Genesis, either.... and I just can't afford or be supportive of ideas that just sap the cash out of the public with lies and deceptions... which is what Genesis ended up being. I don't know if I can get over that.

If they launched Daz Studio 4 with separate figures from the beginning, perhaps we would not be having this discussion at all... but IT WAS DAZ who told EVERYONE that Genesis was they way of the future. DAZ got everyone to shell out their money and their support for this "idea" of Genesis before they realised they could just make more money on two figures than they ever could on one (they always have been a bit slow there, I think). Anyway... That's what this is about. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise... they could have made the necessary improvements to the mesh that would have accommodated both genders and/or creatures... they just CHOSE not to.

The point is... Genesis WAS a good idea. And even if/though PA's are "continuing to support" it, the fact that they have this other thing they are calling Genesis 2 that doesn't work anything like Genesis worked, means Daz has given up on that great idea and had basically lied to everyone in order to pay for their real plan... which evidently is not Genesis or anything like it.

• PoacherPoacher Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

It was never offered as G2. It has always been G2F as in Genesis Mesh based Female figure offering the better bends and weight mapping the genesis mesh offers. I’ve not seen any claim it was the new multi purpose morph figure as Genesis one is. I do not get why a better meshed, expressions, bends, all joint areas, and weight mapped female figure is not wanted. None has ever, as far as I have seen, said it was to replace Genesis 1. It was only offered as a better female mesh for users who would like one based on the new capabilities the mesh and other updates the software now has can offer. Just as G2M will be a Male based on the same updated capabilities with mesh designed for males. If you do not need it or want it don’t bother. Genesis 1 is not going away just because items are made for G2F like they were for Genesis when It came out. It’s like saying V4 is not still useful or supported just because Genesis got a Big send off with new items for it. I’m not understanding why more figures that work better is a issue. I woulld still use Lorenzo and Loretta when they do the job they are made for and it’s all my work calls for.

edited December 1969

I intend getting Girl6 one day but not now, waiting to see how much Carrara upgrade costing mostly,
    but I know Daz very well, there will be a sale again and again so no worries.
    Genesis still fully supported and new stuff always available, hopefully PA's will continue to support both figures.

Hi Wendy! :)

edited December 1969

Poacher2 said:
    It was never offered as G2. It has always been G2F as in Genesis Mesh based Female figure offering the better bends and weight mapping the genesis mesh offers. I’ve not seen any claim it was the new multi purpose morph figure as Genesis one is. I do not get why a better meshed, expressions, bends, all joint areas, and weight mapped female figure is not wanted. None has ever, as far as I have seen, said it was to replace Genesis 1. It was only offered as a better female mesh for users who would like one based on the new capabilities the mesh and other updates the software now has can offer. Just as G2M will be a Male based on the same updated capabilities with mesh designed for males. If you do not need it or want it don’t bother. Genesis 1 is not going away just because items are made for G2F like they were for Genesis when It came out. It’s like saying V4 is not still useful or supported just because Genesis got a Big send off with new items for it. I’m not understanding why more figures that work better is a issue. I woulld still use Lorenzo and Loretta when they do the job they are made for and it’s all my work calls for.

"It was never offered as G2."

Ummmm... the thing is called Genesis 2. Go look at product requirements if you want to argue.

I'm not upset that they improved the mesh... duh. Genesis needed and still needs improvements... that it won't get now... see my problem?? Shoes and dresses will never convert well now... all of the hopes I had for Genesis ( and I'm sure many others had, too) are dead in the water. I LIKED that I could make a whole "family of Ogres", for example, with just ONE morph to pay for...

What are supporters of the new crap not understanding about this?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

Hmm, I am actually not certain which product requirements you are looking at.

Girl6 I see this Introducing the Girl 6. The next great figure for Genesis 2 Female. and in Additional Information it says "Compatible 3D Figures Genesis 2 Female"

So I am obviously not understanding either.

Oh and BTW a Representative from DAZ 3D has been posting in at least one thread that DAZ 3D has no intention of replacing the Original Genesis, merely adding another figure to the gene pool.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2013

chohole said:
    Hmm, I am actually not certain which product requirements you are looking at.

Girl6 I see this Introducing the Girl 6. The next great figure for Genesis 2 Female. and in Additional Information it says "Compatible 3D Figures Genesis 2 Female"

So I am obviously not understanding either.

Oh and BTW a Representative from DAZ 3D has been posting in at least one thread that DAZ 3D has no intention of replacing the Original Genesis, merely adding another figure to the gene pool.

OK... I admit, I have been away a little while, and it does seem they have worded things now so that they say G2F... so I stand corrected on stupid word games that don't really change the intent or meaning of what IS actually happening (or not happening) for Genesis...

Not replacing Genesis??? Yeah, yeah, yeah...right!

OK, then where is the Genesis version of the Girl?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm lost. How is the Genesis Mesh or the Genesis 2 Female Mesh got one thing to do with a better Auto fit? That's the DAZ Studio side of things. DAZ Studio 4+ is still getting updates and fixes. It's not just Genesis that has issues with Auto fit but all the New figures G2F included. And Who said stop using Genesis 1, did I miss a Email? This hoopla never happened over Horse2, also a new mesh with weight mapping and added updates. Was H2 the new Genses2 I read G2F getting called all the time? Think about it. It's a Total different Morphing Mesh, it fits the G2 title much better than G2F does.

edited August 2013

Jaderail said:
    I'm lost. How is the Genesis Mesh or the Genesis 2 Female Mesh got one thing to do with a better Auto fit? That's the DAZ Studio side of things. DAZ Studio 4+ is still getting updates and fixes. It's not just Genesis that has issues with Auto fit but all the New figures G2F included. And Who said stop using Genesis 1, did I miss a Email? This hoopla never happened over Horse2, also a new mesh with weight mapping and added updates. Was H2 the new Genses2 I read G2F getting called all the time? Think about it. It's a Total different Morphing Mesh, it fits the G2 title much better than G2F does.

It wasn't ALL Autofit's fault.... if it was... how the hell did they make it work better with the new mesh thing?? Genesis needed improvements. It needed scaling improvements for certain. It won't get that now... It needed feet and and arm and hip improvements that it won't get now.

And it's not that I think people will stop using Genesis. They will keep using Genesis... It just sucks that the Genesis we have is going to be the best one we get...and of course, and even if PA's keep making stuff, Daz is not going to be launching new figures for it now, will they??

As I have already asked: Where is the Girl for Genesis? The fact that there is NO GIRL for Genesis makes it very clear that Daz is finished with that idea...

The idea that they got ME to support. The idea that they used to get all kinds of $$$ to support Daz Studio 4... dead and over. Convincing me otherwise would require a Genesis version of their new characters like, the Girl, I'm afraid.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

In a strange way I am finding threads like this are somewhat hilarious. Sort of a reprise of all the angst that happened when Genesis first came out. Then all the hair pulling was about how Gen 4 figures would be forgotten.

Hey guess what .......................... V4 is still my fave go to female, and M4 is my fave male. And I am not alone
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1936/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2013

chohole said:
    In a strange way I am finding threads like this are somewhat hilarious. Sort of a reprise of all the angst that happened when Genesis first came out. Then all the hair pulling was about how Gen 4 figures would be forgotten.

Hey guess what .......................... V4 is still my fave go to female, and M4 is my fave male. And I am not alone
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1936/

You're not paying close attention, Cho... V4 is DEAD as far as Daz is concerned...even if people still use her... but at least V4 had a good run. I can't complain about her "passing"...

THIS "angst" is nothing like the passing of V4. She had all the figures made for her before they tried to launch something new. She had HUNDREDS of morphs, characters, poses, and clothing items before they launched Genesis. Genesis was so new still, that some people HAD STILL NOT EVEN TRIED IT... how stupid is that? And how infuriating...

This is NOT the same thing as when V4 died. Not at all.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076
    edited December 1969

Genesis needed improvements. It needed scaling improvements for certain. It won't get that now... It needed feet and and arm and hip improvements that it won't get now.

What sort of improvement? Mesh or weight-map changes would have been a new figure, incompatible with the old - in other words, Genesis 2 in some shape or form. There is a very tight limit on the kinds of things that can be changed without breaking compatibility. If you mean things like correction and adjustment morphs, those still seem to be coming (from PAs) fo Genesis and even the fourth generation figures.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes the G2F auto fits better because the mesh was updated but it's still far from perfect. And IF the Genesis mesh got updates as you want then ALL the morphs you and I both bought will BREAK because the mesh no longer matches the morphs. You think Every PA is going to go back and update every figure/morph pack made? And if they did do you think all those new updates would be free? Change the Genesis mesh and it all stops working. That is why NEW figures are being made. So we can have both. The BE many things G1 and the be ONLY women that work better G2F. It was the only way to do it.

Load Genesis into Hex or Blender and ADD mesh to it. Bring it back into DAZ Studio and see just how well the G1 morphs work on it.

edited December 1969

Genesis needed improvements. It needed scaling improvements for certain. It won't get that now... It needed feet and and arm and hip improvements that it won't get now.

What sort of improvement? Mesh or weight-map changes would have been a new figure, incompatible with the old - in other words, Genesis 2 in some shape or form. There is a very tight limit on the kinds of things that can be changed without breaking compatibility. If you mean things like correction and adjustment morphs, those still seem to be coming (from PAs) fo Genesis and even the fourth generation figures.

No, honestly... I mean I would have been inclined to support a NEW line of Genesis 2... if Genesis 2 had been like Genesis because I knew that Genesis needed improvements... and even though it would have still been a bit too soon... I could have at least, supported that idea.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Yes the G2F auto fits better because the mesh was updated but it's still far from perfect. And IF the Genesis mesh got updates as you want then ALL the morphs you and I both bought will BREAK because the mesh no longer matches the morphs. You think Every PA is going to go back and update every figure/morph pack made? And if they did do you think all those new updates would be free? Change the Genesis mesh and it all stops working. That is why NEW figures are being made. So we can have both. The BE many things G1 and the be ONLY women that work better G2F. It was the only way to do it.

Load Genesis into Hex or Blender and ADD mesh to it. Bring it back into DAZ Studio and see just how well the G1 morphs work on it.

There is NO GOOD explanation as to why they could not have made improvements to the mesh that would have accomodated both genders and/or creatures that may be desired.

I'll say it again...

There is no GOOD explanation to separate the mesh into two different figures.

One more time...

THERE IS NO GOOD EXPLANATION!!

...and I am more than just a little disappointed. I'm right P.O'd about it... Why?? Cuz Daz got ME to support their idea of Genesis when they had no intention of moving forward with it.

edited December 1969

As I have already asked: Where is the Girl for Genesis? The fact that there is NO GIRL for Genesis makes it very clear that Daz is finished with that idea...
    There hasn't been an 'official' Kids figure either since Gen 4. Genesis had a basic child morph and K4 UV, but there is no real support for it in terms of children's clothing or new skins. Some figures seem to skip a generation or two, such as David 4.

Now I'll admit I've been a bit perturbed by the silence surrounding future Genesis 2 figures, most notably the 'conspicuous by it's absence' Kids morph which Zev0 kindly provided recently. Perhaps it's down to a lesser interest in using child figures in works, and therefore fewer sales, or perhaps it's down to unforeseen circumstances. Whatever the case, there is very little movement on child figures aside from Zev0's recent release and the gorgeous Sister's pack which was twinned with it.. At least with Girl 6 you have an option.

Personally, I don't understand the fuss. Well, perhaps I did at one point but that was more my own frustration at having the age morph removed from the base figure. It's a unique figure, yes indeed, but it's also a free base figure. You can still purchase Girl 6 and use her and your entire Genesis wardrobe if you so choose to. It's true you can't currently blend your existing Genesis morphs into it, but I believe it's coming sooner or later in the form of a new Generation X plugin.

You still have options and can always go back to Genesis when you please. As for me, I'm still waiting for a full fledged K6 release so I can snap up new clothes, poses and options for the younger generation.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

There is NO GOOD explanation as to why they could not have made improvements to the mesh that would have accomodated both genders and/or creatures that may be desired.

I'll say it again...

One more time...

...and I am more than just a little disappointed. I'm right P.O'd about it... Why?? Cuz Daz got ME to support their idea of Genesis when they had no intention of moving forward with it.

100% agreed. :)

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I'll say it again...

One more time...

I realize you're coming into this late but maybe you should look at some of the other threads on this topic. There have been tons of explanations of why splitting the mesh was good from many of the PA's that actually create content for these figures.

As for not moving forward with Genesis, as was mentioned before, major changes to the underlying mesh to fix issues would mean there was going to be a new figure no matter what. Even if they had come out with a new Genesis 2 unisex mesh it would have broken all of the Genesis content so there would still be much yelling and screaming - probably by many of the same people that are complaining about the split. They were in a no win situation so I think they decided to just suck it up and put out the best possible mesh they could with the current technology.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Jaderail said:

I'll say it again...

One more time...

I realize you're coming into this late but maybe you should look at some of the other threads on this topic. There have been tons of explanations of why splitting the mesh was good from many of the PA's that actually create content for these figures.

As for not moving forward with Genesis, as was mentioned before, major changes to the underlying mesh to fix issues would mean there was going to be a new figure no matter what. Even if they had come out with a new Genesis 2 unisex mesh it would have broken all of the Genesis content so there would still be much yelling and screaming - probably by many of the same people that are complaining about the split. They were in a no win situation so I think they decided to just suck it up and put out the best possible mesh they could with the current technology.

I've heard all the excuses... that are trying to pass as explanations, but none of them are really satisfying. I can see how Genesis (1) works now and though I have not tried to create content for any of the the DS4 figures, I do know a little about it....enough to know it was a CHOICE to do it this way...

OK, so one must ask themselves what REALLY motivated that choice? A desire for a perfect female? I'm thinking that sounds really nice and all, but... Pul-lease.... unless you are spinning that mesh around constantly, very often NO ONE will even see the "perfection". Aren't most of your females in scenes and clothing?? (OK.. I know many are skipping the clothing part....ha!) but my point is this: What is the real motivation for splitting the mesh?

I've used this analogy before and I will use it again... everyone with children in RL knows... it costs more to clothe two or more than it does one. Simple as that.

This discussion has been closed.