Starion's WIP and test thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032

Bye, and I hope all goes well. yes

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103

May the surgeon's hands be steady and true!  yes 

Dana

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

I'll be keeping your surgeon and the team in my prayers too.  

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Thinking of you and sending warm Florida hugs. I hope your surgery is a success and helps you even more than you anticipated. 

Cathie

• Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you the best.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,232
    They can do amazing things these days! Take time to rest and recover after your surgery. Then treat yourself to some new Daz toys and continue your thread here.
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Starion, 

I am not well known here, but I've followed your thread since finding it. Remember, focus on that which you can control. Eat well, rest well, and breathe. Be the healthiest you can (again, that which you can control) and that is the best aid you can give your surgical team. THEY will do the best at that which they can control, so you must trust them and follow their instructions. Focus on the positive outcome. pray for the positive. "I am well" vs. "I'm not sick". We'll see you on the other side of the wormhole. 

Blessed Be.

• Thanks for the comments everyone.

I wanted to work on my scene that had the unicorn but I can't find it.  I don't mind setting it up from scratch again but I forgot how I had setup the atmospheric camera.

• A quick test render using Iray.  The render took about 20 minutes and 1,000 iterations.  My computer needs more random access memory.

iray 03.jpg
    409 x 384 - 38K
    Pneguin Iray 04.jpg
    803 x 602 - 259K

Interesting.  She doesn't look as cold as she should be.  wink 

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,667
    edited September 2015

Thanks for the comment.  Here is a quick test render of a unicorn and genesis 3.  I need to find a fantasy type dress for Genesis 1, 2, or 3.  I should play with Iray and Genesis 3 before I have my surgery.

Unicorn Iray 01.jpg
    803 x 602 - 295K
    Post edited by starionwolf on

Thanks for the comment.  Here is a quick test render of a unicorn and genesis 3.  I need to find a fantasy type dress for Genesis 1, 2, or 3.  I should play with Iray and Genesis 3 before I have my surgery.

Very cool!

Dana

edited September 2015

I really should swap out my NVidia Geforce video card that has 1 GB of VRAM for my AMD video card that has 2 GB of VRAM.  I hardly use CUDA anyways.

daz 1.jpg
    580 x 181 - 33K
  • Here is the render that I was working on.  A girl is in the shadow of a bay horse.  Yes, the girl is supposed to be in the shadow.  I might change the lighting tomorrow.

Bay horse 01.jpg
    925 x 861 - 397K

Here is the render that I was working on.  A girl is in the shadow of a bay horse.  Yes, the girl is supposed to be in the shadow.  I might change the lighting tomorrow.

That's nice!

Dana

edited September 2015

This might be my last render before I go to the operating room.  I stuck the bay horse in my old scene called Druid Valley.  I'll play with the characters' poses and camera angles after the hospital discharges me.

Daz Studio memory usage while rendering: ~4,400 MB

VRAM usage: ~500 MB

daz 1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 235K

Good luck!  May the surgeon's hand be steady and true!

Dana

I'm still praying for a fantastic recovery for a fantastic person.  How are things going this morning?  Hate the food yet?  The nurses have probably already had you do at least a 30-mile hike in the halls.  

getwell.gif
    400 x 300 - 47K
  • My heart operation was a success.  I would have posted a message from the hospital but my tablet is too slow.  I'm at home using my desktop computer.  Thanks for the well wishes.

My heart operation was a success.  I would have posted a message from the hospital but my tablet is too slow.  I'm at home using my desktop computer.  Thanks for the well wishes.

Wow, that's great news!  Rest up!

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032
    DanaTA said:

My heart operation was a success.  I would have posted a message from the hospital but my tablet is too slow.  I'm at home using my desktop computer.  Thanks for the well wishes.

Wow, that's great news!  Rest up!

Dana

+1 smiley

Best news I've had in a long time.  Just follow dr's orders and take your time to heal completely.  This is just terrific!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Great news!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

Hey starionwolf, I know it's belated but I just noticed your post at the complaint forum and I realized you must have had your operation... I'm glad to hear you are recovering well. Good luck!

edited October 2015

Thanks for the comments everyone. I forgot to mention that I had open heart surgery, again. My breastbone, ribs and skin feel weird.

What?????!!!!!  I hope you're much, much better now.  Still itchy?  As for the weird feeling, are you sure they didn't give you a breastbone, ribs, and skin transplant?  It could be morphs or even geo-grafting.  I got my medical degree online from DAZ.  

I think I'll have another cup of coffee, then go back to bed.

I would laugh at the above comment except I gave a stomach bug. I think the pain medicine that I took made my stomach upset.

I have bigger issues than the ones related to my home wifi network.  My Windows XP computer is acting up.  I use the old computer to run older software.  I'm too lazy to install a free virtual machine on my Windows 8 computer.  I haven't had a chance to play with Iray much on my 6 core computer because I have been working on this single core computer.

edited December 2015

quick test render of Olympia 6.  10% image convergence.  Time taken: 1 hour, 17 minutes.  I forgot to record the iteration count.

Olympia.jpg
    520 x 624 - 156K

Nice!

Dana