Starion's WIP and test thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

the only positive things about the integrated graphics chip is that it has OpenCL capability and it has access to 4 gigabytes of memory.  I'm still trying to save money to buy a hard drive and more RAM.

integrated graphics.jpg
    406 x 420 - 53K

maybe it wasn't such a good idea to buy a laptop CPU for Iray.  The heatsink is small and the mini PC only has one fan for the entire unit.  Running Iray causes thermal throttling.  I'll post some renders soon.smiley

daz studio.jpg
    577 x 369 - 63K
    edited November 2021

quick test render.  I didn't feel like downloading male clothes for genesis 1 or Michael 4.  Therefore, Justin needs to wear Mall Girl https://www.daz3d.com/mall-girl-for-Genesis.

3delight render.  Memory usage of Daz Studio when idle: ~1,440 MB

Todo: iray render when I have more time.  Add props

daz studio.jpg
    966 x 822 - 198K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

starionwolf said:

maybe it wasn't such a good idea to buy a laptop CPU for Iray.  The heatsink is small and the mini PC only has one fan for the entire unit.  Running Iray causes thermal throttling.  I'll post some renders soon.smiley

You can get a laptop fan that sits under the laptop Usually had 4 or 5.  They work well, and are pretty inexpensive.  I usually pay around $20 for them.  The downside is I go throuhg them pretty quick because I use them alot.

thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try a laptop cooling fan.  I thought they were more expensive than $20.  Gonna continue looking for clothes for Justin to wear now.

edited November 2021

i need to install the hard drive.  Then I will need install Daz Studio and the runtime library onto the SATA hard drive.

daz studio.jpg
    640 x 320 - 94K

temperature of the hard drive when it is idle is 120 degrees F or 48 degrees C.  I just ordered a cooling system.  I'll install Daz Studio after the cooling equipment arrives.

Daz Install Magager couldn't extract some files.  Maybe I should download the files to the hard drive instead of the solid state drives.

daz install manager 2.png
    567 x 532 - 35K

I loaded the skirt from 17 Chic because I thought the thumbnail in the product library looked like denim shorts.  Ok, I'm going to look for some male hair for Genesis now.

daz render.jpg
    861 x 822 - 194K

I might as well complete their outfits.  Now I need to adjust the lighting so that the characters' faces aren't so dark.

daz studio.jpg
    1031 x 822 - 196K

me trying to use three spotlights instead of two distant lights.

DAZ 3D image.jpg
    903 x 822 - 174K

Genesis 3 renders white!  Maybe I should follow Richard's advice in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2172476/#Comment_2172476

Gonna upload some new test renders soon.

I forgot how to use Hexagon.  Time for me to watch some tutorials.

hexagon.jpg
    1145 x 776 - 219K

Mall boy.  Outfit is actually Mall Girl for Genesis.  Reminder for me to look through my runtime library to find indoor props.  I think that is too much pink in the render.  Gonna swap the textures soon.

Mall boy.jpg
    842 x 822 - 146K

I changed the background.

i accidently tried to upload the .tiff file instead of the .jpeg file.

For some reason Daz did not save the jpeg that I uploaded.

Mall boy Daz 2.jpg
    842 x 822 - 186K
    edited November 2022

Reminder for me to learn how to setup lighting for NVIDIA® Iray® CPU render.

The texture is from Haley for Genesis 3 on Genesis 3 Female base.  I don't own head morphs for Genesis 3 females.

https://www.daz3d.com/haley-for-genesis-3-female-s-character-hair

Memory usage while idle: ~850 MB

Memory usage while rendering in Iray: ~1.8 GB

Haley test 1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 99K

2.5 inch hard drive might be going bad.  I'm going to install the rest of my products that I bought after the new hard drive arrives.  Gonna try editing the lighting arrangement in the above scene now.

daz.jpg
    567 x 532 - 79K

I adjusted the wrong light.  Lumens is at 15,000 instead of 1,500. At least you can see the background now.

Haley test 3.jpg
    640 x 512 - 89K

The image above looks fuzzy compared to what I see in Daz Studio.  Maybe I should check the settings for the image converter program that I am using.

i finally edited the spotlight.  I also changed body size to 30%

Haley upload 1.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 226K