off topic thread

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,929
    edited June 2021

Mystiara said:

why is it lockdown?

is a storm ontheway?

prayers with

thanks, we have been complacent and now the storm clouds gather. LuckY we have gumboots and umbrellas! 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

in a heat/humid wave here.  too much to go outside, better to stay in and render.

starting on installing 3dc and coflek sets.

the 3dc ship elements stuff.  so confusing. crying starting to think do i really want to render these.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823

10°c at my place this morning that's about 50°f

nice and crisp with the kookaburras laughing and the wild parrots being their usual busy noisey self. smiley

just to let everyone know

Carrara works on Windows 11

I just updated yes

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stezza, that is awesome to hear.  Thanks stepping up and updating. yes

yes  cool

screenshot

carrara and W11.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 556K
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Thanks for testing. Wonder if Carrara will still work with Windows 13? Getting there soon...
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Stezza said:

just to let everyone know

Carrara works on Windows 11

I just updated yes

Good news, thanks.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249

I didn't even notice that there was a Windows 11! Cool that Carrara works - Thanks Stezza!

One thing I did notice in a few other parts of the forun (not Carrara), is that many folks render moving vehicles with or without blurring the tires, yet they don't rotate one of the visible wheels to get the tire lettering to not match perfectly. Just something I thought we should all be aware of since, to me it sticks out like a sore thumb!

I know... like "I" should be one to complaint! LOL

I got the shadow from Rosie completely backwards on this shot! LOL

In the actual animation, she's running the other way with the shadows correct. For this shot I mirrored her for some reason and never noticed the oversight. Damn, I need sleep!

edited June 2021

Dartanbeck said:

they don't rotate one of the visible wheels to get the tire lettering to not match perfectly. 

Good point.  In the 48 Hour contests, the last thing I need to screw around with is rotating tires.  Or wheels, or treads ... usually I zoom in to get that stuff just below the frame, or color everything black so you can't see it rotate.  But if you have, say, a cool military tank with nicely modelled tread rotation, I'll put in the effort to animate it (~20sec):

Post edited by Steve K on

One of the cool things about Carrara is that I load in my products, optimize the shaders, give it some basic lights, and save the Carrara file. During these times, I almost always rotate the tires a bit so the lettering isn't matched up. Pet peeve, I guess! LOL

Wow! I thought I already saw all of your films. 

Cool! Another Cybertenko fan! Love (but don't own yet) that Short Sunderland!

Dartanbeck said:

Thanks, and yes, CT is one of my favorite vendors along with Coflek-Gnorg.  Both still bring out great Poser format models ... yes

Steve K said:

Dartanbeck said:

Thanks, and yes, CT is one of my favorite vendors along with Coflek-Gnorg.  Both still bring out great Poser format models ... yes

And even stuff for our awesome generation 4 figures!!! Love that!!!

BTW, that is one awesome film! Very VERY well done, my friend! I think I did see it before, and we started chatting about how much we like CT and C-G. But there's been so much going on just recently for me, it was like seeing it for the first time again!

I'll have to head over to your channel and rewatch some cool flicks!

And even stuff for our awesome generation 4 figures!!! Love that!!!

BTW, that is one awesome film! Very VERY well done, my friend! I think I did see it before, and we started chatting about how much we like CT and C-G. But there's been so much going on just recently for me, it was like seeing it for the first time again!

I'll have to head over to your channel and rewatch some cool flicks!

Many thanks (ever considered being a 48 Hour Film Contest judge?)   As you might guess, it was inspired by that big honkin' airplane and its maintenance add-on (starts ~2:40).  The model comes with some nice Poser lighting which I didn't see how to easily reproduce in Carrara, so I did the animation in Poser.  The idea was to get the effect of the first Star Wars movie, with that huge Empire spaceship coming down from the top of the screen (that scene in the theater immediately converted my wife, whom I had to beg to go, into a life long Star Wars fan).  I didn't really get there but I liked the big plane overflowing the frame.(~1:45)

...and It's a Perfect Time to Panic!!! ;)

So this time I streamed it onto my fifty-something inch living room TV. Yikes did that look Great!

Very nice rendering!!!

Nah... I don't like judging people's art. To me, everyone who puts their heart into their work has created a win. Judges need to be more... judgemental! :D

Just like my earlier Daz 3d products, I'm making some stuff for my production that I think I might put up as products. So my first thought was to keep them to myself and only offer them as additional prizes for render challenges (?)... we'll see. I like awarding prizes a Lot more than judging! :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Dartanbeck said:

Just like my earlier Daz 3d products, I'm making some stuff for my production that I think I might put up as products. So my first thought was to keep them to myself and only offer them as additional prizes for render challenges (?)... we'll see. I like awarding prizes a Lot more than judging! :)

Speaking only for myself, I would encourage you to get back into the Daz vendor production pipeline.  You can make things that are Daz Studio compatible and have Carrara optimized shaders and replicators as another file.  Since I am not a vendor, I don't know how much extra work that would be, but I'd like to see you well-rewarded for your creativity.

Dartanbeck said:

Speaking only for myself, I would encourage you to get back into the Daz vendor production pipeline.  You can make things that are Daz Studio compatible and have Carrara optimized shaders and replicators as another file.  Since I am not a vendor, I don't know how much extra work that would be, but I'd like to see you well-rewarded for your creativity.

The 'work' is a product of Love! :)

Dartanbeck said:

...and It's a Perfect Time to Panic!!! ;)

So this time I streamed it onto my fifty-something inch living room TV. Yikes did that look Great!

Very nice rendering!!!

Thanks again, and good to know the 1280x720 render held up at that size.  This "Carrara" product may be a keeper, huh?  BTW, about "Perfect Time To Panic" (our 48 Hour Team name):

edited July 2021

LOL!!! "You are a sad, strange little man. See you around"! LOL!!!!

Embarrassingly, I've still never seen that movie - even though I know it's right up my alley! Maybe since I have Disney+, it's time to change that statement to: "Seen it, Love it"

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Sometime this coming week I will receive the new M1 iMac 24 system and I will be looking for a new 3D software package. Right now the one that takes advange of the M1.chip is Cinema4D.

Ringo

Bummer!

Well Ringo, Thank you So Much for all you've done for Carrara over the many years you've contributed to it! 

I'll never (Never!!!) forget you, my Friend! heart

edited July 2021

I'm hoping that, once my production is complete, along with the many 'behind-the-scenes' featurettes that will go along with it, that I can help to re-invigorate Carrara popularity once again.

I realize that I've been fairly sparse with details - kinda have to be at this phase - but I've been making some excellent headway on comparing Daz Studio with Carrara and utilizing them both for their strong points and using them both together. 

The same applies to DaVinci Resolve, Vegas, and HitFilm - Affinity Photo and PD Howler and other resources.

Edit: Also Octane/Iray/Carrara PR - they all work well within the same production!!!

The world of Dartanbeck Studios is a colorful, wonderful and Fun place right now - but it's also very Very busy and largely undocumented as of this time. Working on it though!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I just took a browse throught the immense folders of animated render footage I've completed so far for this project and I am very pleased with how much I've got done.

Production Phase is going to be a Lot of fun with this much to choose from!

As SteveK (I think it was SteveK? Maybe Sci-Fi Funk?) said: Each clip that builds on a scene should never last longer than x seconds, depending upon the scene. 

Many of my animated renders are two to three, sometimes four times that desired length - just as they would shoot a production on film, and then edit in the best x seconds from each clip to make the epic.

Some of mine are intended that way - I can save time by spending more time in a single simulation session, and then render session, since I have to be away from home/PC so much - so one animated render might be used as several clips within the film.

Most animations I've done truly are unique to the intended scene, but some of them were purposely extended - or even designed from the ground up, to be used to help add more depth to any number of scenes. Those, in particular have also been rendered under different lighting conditions and from various angles - even some with unique simulations.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

philosophical thought

was mans so role in ecology to put up telephone wires to give squirrels a super hwy?

and the squirrels ecological role is to plant those tree nuts.  and thus a new treee is born

Dartanbeck said:

Well Ringo, Thank you So Much for all you've done for Carrara over the many years you've contributed to it! 

I'll never (Never!!!) forget you, my Friend! heart

+1

This discussion has been closed.