Bug Reporting and YaToon2 in C85

2»

Comments

• zgockzgock Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    So I am trying Genesis with YaToon2. I needed to adjust the formula for the brow and lash shaders, but other than that all WAS going well, until I needed to check the effect for the Genesis model...and then I got the following, and Carrara crashed

Any ideas? I was on the "Setting of the painting" step in the tutorial: https://bitbucket.org/zgock/yatoon/wiki/Tutorial

It is 8.5's bug.

Is not limited to YAToon, to touch the Object Parameter of Genesis, is from the time of 8.5beta bugs to crash from time to time, it is a bug reported in Mantis already
    (I had thought that it is fixed in 8.5release)

Please use the Shader parameter instead of Object parameter in Genesis

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I added your feedback to the support ticket

edited September 2013

Yea! Workaround worked, for those who are keeping score! :)

Here is Genesis with YaToon2 in Carrara 8.5, covered up a little for decency's sake.

(a little Toon Amy, Aiko blend...)

GenesisYatoon2.jpg
    644 x 455 - 53K
    Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

zgock said:
    3doutlaw said:
    So I am trying Genesis with YaToon2. I needed to adjust the formula for the brow and lash shaders, but other than that all WAS going well, until I needed to check the effect for the Genesis model...and then I got the following, and Carrara crashed

Any ideas? I was on the "Setting of the painting" step in the tutorial: https://bitbucket.org/zgock/yatoon/wiki/Tutorial

It is 8.5's bug.

Is not limited to YAToon, to touch the Object Parameter of Genesis, is from the time of 8.5beta bugs to crash from time to time, it is a bug reported in Mantis already

Please use the Shader parameter instead of Object parameter in GenesisI can not confirm it is an 8.5 bug and not a Yatoon bug. I can't recreate it with anything but Yatoon.

edited September 2013

Hi Daz Spooky,

I opened up that Carrara file I have, and I "checked" aura" and "blur object" under Effect (when actor was selected), and I got a crash, "An error has occurred" I do have the Yatoon2 plugin, but it crashed when sleecting other things than YaToon2 stuff

When I pressed OK, I got the CHange Data error...as well. I need to restart Carrara.

edited December 1969

OK, so I restarted carrara, new scene, load genesis base, click actor, go to effect, check Aura checkbox, crashed. "An error has occurred"

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    OK, so I restarted carrara, new scene, load genesis base, click actor, go to effect, check Aura checkbox, crashed. "An error has occurred"
    Which is a most likely different crash from your YaToons Render crash as it happens at a different time. That doesn't mean they are not related, just that it doesn't appear to be the same bug.

And that crash is only with Genesis, not vertex objects and not Mil-4 figures, which makes this one completely different. (And I have filed this as a bug now.)

edited December 1969

2 bugs are actually discussed in this thread, so far. Since the thread title is general YaToon2 and C85 bugs, I figured it would be better than clutter the forum with each and every issue. Of course, I separated the issues in the tickets...

You already closed the first one as YaToon2 issue to deal with Fast Mip Map. The second issue starts here. It is the crashing for Genesis, that we are discussing now, and we seem to have shown is not YaToon2 specific.

I have been trying to give the post-specific links in the tickets I submit.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

edited September 2013

zgock said:
    3doutlaw said:

It is 8.5's bug.

I can not confirm it is an 8.5 bug and not a Yatoon bug. I can't recreate it with anything but Yatoon.

NO

I have concluded so after conducting a careful and test memory profiling to YAToon. I would like you do not say rude things

You can make Any Blank Object Data("Do Nothing") in SDK and touch Some Settings.

In C8.5beta, Same error will occur if you modify 10-20 times the properties of the Object Data for Genesis

I have reported in Mantis a month or more ago about this bug.
    This is a Genesis's Object Data Handling Bug in C8.5

... Okay Okay.. Maybe I stop publishing so buggy plugin.

thx Anyway.

Post edited by zgock on
    edited December 1969

Daz_Spooky has filed it as a bug now in Carrara.

I don't think he meant it in a bad way, he was just trying to reproduce. I can see how it is aggravating about the Mantis report though...

Please don't stop working on it :) Even your older YaToon was used for the Carrara Render challenge finalists! We like it!

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    2 bugs are actually discussed in this thread, so far. Since the thread title is general YaToon2 and C85 bugs, I figured it would be better than clutter the forum with each and every issue. Of course, I separated the issues in the tickets...

You already closed the first one as YaToon2 issue to deal with Fast Mip Map. The second issue starts here. It is the crashing for Genesis, that we are discussing now, and we seem to have shown is not YaToon2 specific.

I have been trying to give the post-specific links in the tickets I submit.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I misunderstood. I thought you were responding to my post that YaToon appears to be the only shader causing a crash on render. Sorry about that.
    edited December 1969

zgock said:
    zgock said:
    3doutlaw said:

It is 8.5's bug.

I can not confirm it is an 8.5 bug and not a Yatoon bug. I can't recreate it with anything but Yatoon.

NO

I have concluded so after conducting a careful and test memory profiling to YAToon. I would like you do not say rude things

You can make Any Blank Object Data("Do Nothing") in SDK and touch Some Settings.

In C8.5beta, Same error will occur if you modify 10-20 times the properties of the Object Data for Genesis

I have reported in Mantis a month or more ago about this bug.
    This is a Genesis's Object Data Handling Bug in C8.5

... Okay Okay.. Maybe I stop publishing so buggy plugin.

thx Anyway.I asked you to file a bug in Zendesk so we could work through this and make sure we are on the same page and I asked you to get me the Ticket Number so I could get to it faster. As far as I can tell, you have not. (And since we can't work through this together with Mantis as Mantis no longer has e-mail capability, a Mantis bug, at this point for this purpose does not help.)

As of this moment the only testable information I have is the YaToon shader crashing at render time, and only when the shader is set to fast mip-map for a texture. This does not happen with changing Genesis shaders using Shader presets for the photorealistic render engine, it does not happen with Toon Pro, it does not happen with Wireframe Pro, it doesn't happen with the Non-Photorealistic Render engine, it does not happen with Veloute, Shader Ops, Shaders Plus, or Shoestring Shaders and it does not happen if you change the setting for textures to something other than Fast Mip-Map with YaToon.

This implies that YaToon can use an update and does not imply a General Carrara bug as it only happens with YaToon.

That may change with additional information, but the ball is in your court to get us there as I have done all I can without additional information, and without a bug that is filed in the current tracker so we can work together on this.

Please file a ticket in Zendesk and get me a ticket number.

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:

I don't think he meant it in a bad way, he was just trying to reproduce. I can see how it is aggravating about the Mantis report though...

Please don't stop working on it :) Even your older YaToon was used for the Carrara Render challenge finalists! We like it!

That bug has nothing to do with YaToon.
    edited September 2013

3doutlaw said:

That bug has nothing to do with YaToon.

Yes, I know, but that is the bug he is talking about...that he reported in Mantis, and was an issue in 8.5 Beta. He was upset about this one he reported in Mantis, that you could not replicate, and then I gave you steps how to do it...then you filed as a bug. This has to do with Genesis and the object parameters...

(NOTE: ...in big RED it says, "This is a Genesis’s Object Data Handling Bug in C8.5"...has nothing to do with Fast Mip-Map, but you replied talking about Mip-Map...)

We have all moved past the Fast Mip-Map issue...by using sampling, and awaiting Fenric's utility :) It's not a big deal.

Obviously a bad choice of mine to report 2 issues in one thread...ugh :(

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:

I'm sorry, I was not as calm

Please rest assured because it is not able to stop the development of YAToon

However, I might add the text "and then support can not be guaranteed and no operation is carried out in 8.5"

Because I do not buy the 8.5, and because it is not to go and not to issue a ticket to zendesk though it is not yet purchased