New plugin: Phong tessellation and displacement

124»

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

Hope Philemo is kicking butt on his end

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

mebbe a combo of tesselared terrain and clothify, could push dinosaur footprints on to terrain

• MAJourney said:

I'm afraid not. My laptop has been stolen. I had current backups, unfortunately in the same bag the laptop was and that went away with it. The only backup I have is 2 months old.

The HD Morph plugin was almost finished and I have to do it all over again crying.

With the Chrismas holidays coming, I'm afraid I won't be able to restart be process before early January.

Hopefully, It'll go a bit faster as I ironed out most of wrinkles I'd met.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    MAJourney said:

I'm afraid not. My laptop has been stolen. I had current backups, unfortunately in the same bag the laptop was and that went away with it. The only backup I have is 2 months old.

The HD Morph plugin was almost finished and I have to do it all over again crying.

With the Chrismas holidays coming, I'm afraid I won't be able to restart be process before early January.

That is horrible!  I hope that your other losses were minimal.  

• oh dear that is nasty crying

sady the theives only want the hardware,

I know the feeling losing irreplacable video footage twice from stolen video cameras, my late mother and my 40th Birthday party

its an awful senseless feeling of futility angry

such people cause grief to their own families as well as others as drugs in particular are more important than their own children, parents and even their own wellbeing, 

MAJourney said:

That is horrible!  I hope that your other losses were minimal.  

horrile!  so sorry that happened to you

oh dear that is nasty crying

sady the theives only want the hardware,

I know the feeling losing irreplacable video footage twice from stolen video cameras, my late mother and my 40th Birthday party

its an awful senseless feeling of futility angry

such people cause grief to their own families as well as others as drugs in particular are more important than their own children, parents and even their own wellbeing, 

Daaaaannnggg....I know the feeling. We get stolen from a lot here. Last month, someone stole my sick brother's antibiotics, which nearly caused him a heart attack. I'm still angry. lol

On the plus side...YOU FOUND A WAY TO TO USE HYD IN CARRARA?

PARTY!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

That should be a door sign. cheeky

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

sorry to hear that Philemo  :(  Man hugs from Oz. 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

sorry to hear that Philemo  :(  Man hugs from Oz. 

+1 angry

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    Well that sucks. Can we help in some way? Tip for the next rig, also use Onedrive or Google Drive for (secondary) backups.
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Very impressive work, Philemo! 

Thanks again!

spreading the joy of phong tesselation

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Very impressive work, Philemo! 

Thanks again!

+1 yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Very useful... sometimes I forget to unstick in the displacements tab and have to wait ages, but it works very well yes

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

a png works just as well as a tiff?

seens to be but cant scientifically proove it

edited October 2019

Finally getting around to testing this Phong Tesselation Plugin.  Unfortunately, I've screwed up,or missed an important step, or I misunderstood some basics in the thread.  I downloaded the plugin, unzipped, and placed the folder for the phong plugin in my extensions folder.  But I get the following error when I load a new vertex objct in my scene, and the modifier is empty in my menu.  

phong user error installation.JPG
    644 x 476 - 39K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Finally getting around to testing this Phong Tesselation Plugin.  Unfortunately, I've screwed up,or missed an important step, or I misunderstood some basics in the thread.  I downloaded the plugin, unzipped, and placed the folder for the phong plugin in my extensions folder.  But I get the following error when I load a new vertex objct in my scene, and the modifier is empty in my menu.  

hi, did you grab the win64 version?  the other is the mac, i believe

ca phong.JPG
    1015 x 105 - 18K

Thank you, Misty.  I had a brain fart.  Now I have downloaded and installed the correct version.  blush

knows how those are, lol.  

hope is working now, very kewl and useful plug in

sometimes i think is easier on resource to use the phong than the hd sublevels