Released - Andrea for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
edited November 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

11/28/2018 Edit:  This product is available now at  https://www.daz3d.com/andrea-for-genesis-8-female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just finished a new character for Genesis 8.  She comes with black, blonde, brown and red hair eyelashes and eyebrows.  The package comes with no-eyebrows, painted eyebrows (LIE) and fiberMesh eyebrows options.  Also includes several face expressions and a new method to apply make-up that allows me to give you more options using less disk space.  You will see how it works.

Right now I am creating the promotional imagery and I would like to show you the brunette and blonde options.  If everything goes as planned, I expect to submit the product late tomorrow.

WEB_Blonde.jpg
500 x 650 - 261K
WEB_Brunette.jpg
500 x 650 - 305K
Post edited by Virtual_World on

Comments

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited October 2018

So pretty, would love to have her join my family. What earrings are those?

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Very cute/innocent looking character.  Looking forward to seeing her in the store.

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited October 2018

Thank you!  This is a link to the earrings https://www.daz3d.com/royal-jewels-for-genesis-8-female-s

webPopUp06.jpg
    600 x 780 - 319K
  • Very cute/innocent looking character.  Looking forward to seeing her in the store.

Thank you very much! Glad you liked it!

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Thank you!  This is a link to the earrings https://www.daz3d.com/royal-jewels-for-genesis-8-female-s

Duh, I have this.  Thanks

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408

beautiful as always !

edited October 2018

@Thadeus72  Thank you very much Thadeus!  And you are always so nice!!!!!!

edited October 2018

I couldn't submit the product yesterday.  I found something that I needed to fix while I was rendering one of the promos and I couldn't finish to render all of the images that I have to upload with my submission.  Today I am going to be out of home most of the day, so I hopefully going to finish rendering tomorrow.  In the image bellow there is Andrea with short hair and one of the face expressions included with the product.

WEB_Smile2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 310K
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Looks great! A character  I would buy. The only thing that seems off are the eyelashes, aren’t most eyelashes more uniform, or is it artistic license?

• Wow!!  Making space for her!

edited October 2018
    Paintbox said:

Looks great! A character  I would buy. The only thing that seems off are the eyelashes, aren’t most eyelashes more uniform, or is it artistic license?

Thank you very much for your comment about my character. I'm glad you liked it. smiley

In relation to the lashes, most of the fake eyelashes (with some exceptions) are fairly uniform; but in the case of the natural ones there is a lot of variety. In the case of Andrea, I used a commercial licensed photo of a real woman's eye to create the transparency map.

The good thing is that eyelashes are interchangeable.  So you can apply the eyelashes presets from any of the other package you have.  I also have a product with 28 eyelashes styles named Great Eyelashes that you can find in this link https://www.daz3d.com/great-lashes-for-genesis-8-female-s.

• Wow!!  Making space for her!

Thank you for your support !!!!

Paintbox said:

Thank you very much for your comment about my character. I'm glad you liked it. smiley

In relation to the lashes, most of the fake eyelashes (with some exceptions) are fairly uniform; but in the case of the natural ones there is a lot of variety. In the case of Andrea, I used a commercial licensed photo of a real woman's eye to create the transparency map.

The good thing is that eyelashes are interchangeable.  So you can apply the eyelashes presets from any of the other package you have.  I also have a product with 28 eyelashes styles named Great Eyelashes that you can find in this link https://www.daz3d.com/great-lashes-for-genesis-8-female-s.

Ah thank you for clarifying, learn something everyday! 

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572
    edited October 2018

Andrea is going to be in my arsenal as soon as it's released!   Awesome work and awesome renders, too!  I already have "Great Eye Lashes"!

Scott

Post edited by wsgentry on
  • wsgentry said:

Andrea is going to be in my arsenal as soon as it's released!   Awesome work and awesome renders, too!  I already have "Great Eye Lashes"!

Scott

Thank you Scott!

I hope you're not having too much trouble with Andrea.  No pressure at all here.   Take your time and get your character right!  It will be worth the wait, I'm sure!

Scott

• wsgentry said:

I hope you're not having too much trouble with Andrea.  No pressure at all here.   Take your time and get your character right!  It will be worth the wait, I'm sure!

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for your interest in my product Andrea,  I already submitted the product on November 2 and it is still in queue waiting for DAZ to assign a tester to it.  

You're welcome!  That's good news.  I'll keep checking the daily E-mail from Daz, then. 

Scott

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Wow, this looks like a photo! Great job! The filter even hides the fakeness of the hair.

Have you considered a version of I Am and The Man in the Mirror for this generation? I GenX'd them for Genesis 3, but that sort of quirky and realistic variety would be very helpful for Genesis 8.

• xyer0 said:

Wow, this looks like a photo! Great job! The filter even hides the fakeness of the hair.

Have you considered a version of I Am and The Man in the Mirror for this generation? I GenX'd them for Genesis 3, but that sort of quirky and realistic variety would be very helpful for Genesis 8.

Thank you very much xyer0, glad you like it.  The image does not have post work except a little contrast adjustment.  One key for the realism, in addition to the quality of the reference images that I used to paint this character, comes from the Lights and Render Settings.  In this render I used https://www.daz3d.com/pro-studio-hdr-lighting-system (Light # 3).  For promo images I always use a very HQ render settings, it takes longer to finish the render; but it is worth it.  The image was also rendered with a photo added as a backdrop in the Environment Tab, that way you don't have matting issues.  For the rest of the promo images I used an hybrid between the lights already referenced and a fantastic set of lights by PaperTiger at Renderosity.  

In relation to a newer version of I Am and The Man in the Mirror, frankly I have not considered it.  I already created Good Guys for Floyd/Ollie 8; but didn't have time to create a similar product for Mabel/Edie 8. I am not sure if DAZ is going to accept a product for Mabel/Edie after so much time after their release. I would like to create a darker skinned version of Good Guys; but I haven't found good commercially licensed photos of old black men at an affordable price.  (But I keep looking).

The picture quoted above is the reason I want this product.  It is just too good.  What hair did you use? 

I'm into realism in rendering and that render is right up there with the best I've ever seen.  

wsgentry said:

The picture quoted above is the reason I want this product.  It is just too good.  What hair did you use? 

I'm into realism in rendering and that render is right up there with the best I've ever seen.  

Looks like https://www.daz3d.com/delphi-hair-for-genesis-3--8-females

Thanks, Paintbox.  Got it!

Scott

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    xyer0 said:

Thank you very much xyer0, glad you like it.  The image does not have post work except a little contrast adjustment.  One key for the realism, in addition to the quality of the reference images that I used to paint this character, comes from the Lights and Render Settings.  In this render I used https://www.daz3d.com/pro-studio-hdr-lighting-system (Light # 3).  For promo images I always use a very HQ render settings, it takes longer to finish the render; but it is worth it.  The image was also rendered with a photo added as a backdrop in the Environment Tab, that way you don't have matting issues.  For the rest of the promo images I used an hybrid between the lights already referenced and a fantastic set of lights by PaperTiger at Renderosity.  

In relation to a newer version of I Am and The Man in the Mirror, frankly I have not considered it.  I already created Good Guys for Floyd/Ollie 8; but didn't have time to create a similar product for Mabel/Edie 8. I am not sure if DAZ is going to accept a product for Mabel/Edie after so much time after their release. I would like to create a darker skinned version of Good Guys; but I haven't found good commercially licensed photos of old black men at an affordable price.  (But I keep looking).

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know about adding a photo in the Environment tab. I've got Good Guys and your East Asian men and women. I have a bunch of old ladies and old men now. I really just needed some well-made morphs of regular-to-homely people (or just men) to help out Genesis 8.

• I really like the variations of pinks in her skin- so many of the pale skins are just colorless matt. I would love to see a picture of her without the fake eyelashes, if possible

edited November 2018

Hi, I took the weekend off and didn't see your messages.  Thank you to all of you that commented !!!

@wsgentry the hair used is the one that Paintbox posted.  Thanks @Paintbox

Today I checked the status of the product and it is still waiting for a tester to be assigned, looks like there are many products in the QA queue.

@Summerhorse,  I will try to render an image for you later.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

She is so pretty.  Sometimes I get jaded by characters who look so similar but she looks great.

• She is so pretty.  Sometimes I get jaded by characters who look so similar but she looks great.

Thanks for your comment and I am happy that you liked her!!!   Each artist, including me, develops a style that is easy to recognize. I am aware of that, so I try to make my best effort to make my characters look different from each other.

Other than the realism of the character--which is phenomenal--the thing that puts it over the top are the natural expressions.  Far and away, what you have done will save a lot of time and effort when I'm trying to get an expression that looks natural.  I'm no pro, I'm just a hobbyist but I do take this hobby seriously and spending way too much time getting a decent expression just isn't as fun as it should be.

Scott

• I really like the variations of pinks in her skin- so many of the pale skins are just colorless matt. I would love to see a picture of her without the fake eyelashes, if possible

Here there are two quick renders.  The image where she is smiling has the same eyelashes that were shown in the previous images in this thread; the only difference is that they are shorter  The other image is exactly the same as the first one; but I applied the Genesis 8 Female Base eyelashes material.

LashesAndreaShort.png
    500 x 650 - 455K
    LashesG8Base.png
    500 x 650 - 454K