Please Help with Portrait and Figure Lighting - Indirect Gamma 2.2

2»

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

thank you once again Philemo - you are a genuis !

+ another 1!

Add me as well, many thank-you's once again +2 !!!!

• Thank you for the all the thanking, but what I really would like to see is some renders wink

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited January 2019

Thank you for the all the thanking, but what I really would like to see is some renders wink

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

number 3 & 7 lights

PhilEmoLights3.png
    800 x 600 - 219K
    PhilEmoLights7.png
    800 x 600 - 203K
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

Next in line for a news-piece/article at Carrara Cafe, is the Studio Lights rig and info from this thread.

If anyone wants their renders to be featured at CarraraCafe, post them here and I will add them with any info/credit that you prefer.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

I like using a basic three light set up that I can add lights to as needed. I also like linking the lights to the character depending on the needs of the scene. With my faster computer, IL is not as much of a time vampire as it used to be, but that being said, there are some tricks to speed things up. For instance, when you have the lights set up the way you want, render an image at half the resolution you want your final image. Set the AA to fast, and go with the defaults for object and shadow accuracy. Under the Global Illumination settings, enable the Save Irradiance Map. Set up the number of photos and the accuracy as you see fit. Render ther image completely. Then you can discard the render. Now, set the resolution and AA settings to your desired settings for the final render. Uncheck the Save Irradiance Map option, and enable the Use Save Irradiance Map option. When the dialogue appears, navigate to your saved map and select. Now render. The light calculation will be much faster. Also, as long as you don't alter the light positions or change the figure's position, you can move your camera wherever you like, and you will have an accurate photon map. Note: it does nothing for caustics.